Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:58 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 783 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1133 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Completed at SAID BUSINESS SCHOOL, OXFORD - Class of 2008
 Q50  V34
Send PM
[#permalink]
mercierdaniel wrote:
u2lover, speaking of pacer... :idea: If you use Opera as a browser you can get a certain widget called Countdown Timer which you can leave always on top so as to work with it even with Word documents. I have just started using this, but it does the job perfectly!

Daniel

Whenever you practice (Eithet word couemtn or from somebook), always time yourself. There is a good spreadsheet on the forum with macros that takes care of all this. I could not find that post but I am attaching that here. You may find it useful.
Attachments

Testgrid Template.xls [67.5 KiB]
Downloaded 144 times

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I reccomend you buy the paper tests on mba.com.

The math and verbal sections are each seperated by categories. There are 6 sections: CR, SC, RC, PS, PS, and DS. Each category only gives you a certain amount of time, so you can gauge how much time to spend on each category in Verbal or Math.

For example, the SC section has 22 questions and you only get 25 minutes. But this is key... GMAC has picked out exactly 22 questions that would take an average test taker 25 minutes to complete.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 783 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
mercierdaniel wrote:
u2lover, speaking of pacer... :idea: If you use Opera as a browser you can get a certain widget called Countdown Timer which you can leave always on top so as to work with it even with Word documents. I have just started using this, but it does the job perfectly!

Daniel

hey Daniel,

what's OPERA browser? I never heard of it... and how exactly it works? since most of the tests open up their own interfaces.

thanks

Originally posted by u2lover on 05 Jul 2006, 13:33.
Last edited by u2lover on 05 Jul 2006, 16:02, edited 1 time in total.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 112 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
u2lover wrote:
mercierdaniel wrote:

Daniel

hey Daniel,

what's OPERA browser? I never hear of it... and how exactly it works? since most of the tests open up their own interfaces.

thanks

opera.com

Its a new browser ...company based in norway
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi, I ws also very slow at the beginnig. I have read a lot of hints how to spead the process: f.e. if you need to multiple 2345673*7834, just look in the answer list and try to find the answer with the last digit "2" as when we multiple the last digits of 2345673*7834, we multiple 3*4 =12, so the product should have "2" in the end. There are a lot such tricks that could improve the speed. Read in KAPLAN and other books
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37305 posts