It is currently 21 Nov 2017, 21:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

I am on Cloud 9; why you may ask; 760 - Q51, V41

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

3 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 43 [3], given: 13

Schools: Booth '19
GMAT 1: 770 Q60 V60
GPA: 4
Re: I am on Cloud 9; why you may ask; 760 - Q51, V41 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jun 2016, 09:40
This post received
KUDOS
Congratulations on the great score!

Would you mind explaining to us what Takt time means? :)

Offering top quality online and offline GMAT tutoring service in Vietnam, Southeast Asia, and worldwide.

$60/hour as of November 2017.

http://www.facebook.com/HanoiGMATtutor
HanoiGMATTutor@gmail.com

Kudos [?]: 43 [3], given: 13

Expert Post
e-GMAT Representative
S

Kudos [?]: 9288 [0], given: 341

I am on Cloud 9; why you may ask; 760 - Q51, V41 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2016, 18:23
HanoiGMATtutor - Takt Time is an e-GMAT term. It is the average time that you need to answer a question of a particular type correctly. For example - Take Time for SC for most people is between 70 and 90 seconds. This is one of the metrics that we track for our students in Scholaranium.

Why do we recommend tracking Takt Time?

1. It helps students track their improvement in understanding. As a student becomes more proficient with our methods, his Takt Time reduces.
2. It helps students make good decisions on the actual exam if they are running short on time.

I hope the above helps.

Regards,

Rajat Sadana

| '4 out of Top 5' Instructors on gmatclub | 70 point improvement guarantee | www.e-gmat.com

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 43 [1], given: 13

Schools: Booth '19
GMAT 1: 770 Q60 V60
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2016, 08:54
This post received
KUDOS
egmat wrote:
HanoiGMATtutor - Takt Time is an e-GMAT term. It is the average time that you need to answer a question of a particular type correctly. For example - Take Time for SC for most people is between 70 and 90 seconds. This is one of the metrics that we track for our students in Scholaranium.

Why do we recommend tracking Takt Time?

1. It helps students track their improvement in understanding. As a student becomes more proficient with our methods, his Takt Time reduces.
2. It helps students make good decisions on the actual exam if they are running short on time.

I hope the above helps.

Regards,

Rajat Sadana

I see. I do have a few students that have taken e-gmat courses; it is helpful to understand the terms that they have learned from elsewhere. Thanks for the explanation!

Posted from my mobile device

Offering top quality online and offline GMAT tutoring service in Vietnam, Southeast Asia, and worldwide.

$60/hour as of November 2017.

http://www.facebook.com/HanoiGMATtutor
HanoiGMATTutor@gmail.com

Kudos [?]: 43 [1], given: 13

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 70

Show Tags

New post 17 Aug 2016, 06:54
Its a nicely built plan. I hope I am in the December phase of yours.

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 70

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 14

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2017, 11:58
Parth13 wrote:
ankurgupta03 wrote:
visram04 wrote:
Hi congrats:) . Can u share ur scores in the mock tests?

I dont think so you would get answer to your question from her :)
She visited GMAT Club last on the day she wrote this post i.e. Feb 18, 2015 2:01 pm

So its all a advertising gimmick ?

It is I believe. All success story talks just about eGMAT
Repeated and modified sentences.
I stopped reading them altogether. Can't trust them

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 14

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2017, 14:29
Thanks for sharing your data. It is really helpful

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 51

Schools: ISB '18, Goizueta
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V32
GPA: 2.62
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2017, 06:05
EgMAT is great for sentence correction and creating CR base that's it. It is wrong to give candidates hope that 2 months you get 700+ score just from E-gmat. This is false advertising I have taken the course myself I know. Manhattan and Veritas on a different level but I would definitely recommend eGMAT on SC and CR . But beware their false promises 700 takes times it can be achieved with good amount of hours and effort exception if the candidate is not working..

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 51

Expert Post
e-GMAT Representative
S

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2017, 10:12
anshumanster - thank you for recommending the e-GMAT SC/CR courses. It feels good when your customers (I hope you are one) recommend you.

To address your other issue, there is no advertising here. This is a debrief by a student without any input from e-GMAT. Nevertheless, let me address the point you have made about time it takes to ace the test. Some individuals take longer while others are done with the GMAT in 2 months or less (or even 1 month). The amount of time required depends on
1. Your starting score
2. Your diligence (huge factor)
3. Your target score (aiming for 720 or lower vs. 760)
Here is some anecdotal as well as statistical data to back this claim

Anecdotal data

1. Mahesh was able to complete our course and ace the GMAT in 1 week. Note, this guy studied full time. He score 700. You can see his interview and visit his LinkedIn profile. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nH2XaBOJk4
2. Rohit Nair was able to improve to 730 in 23 days. His debrief is somewhere on the forum.

In fact, we have an entire page of such students on the website. Please note that this data is 3+ years old.
https://e-gmat.com/testimonials/success_lessthan-30day/

Statistical data

There are two distinct data points here. One – e-GMAT internal and the second – GMAC’s.

Data 1 - GMAC’s data

As per GMAC, most people study less than 100 hours for GMAT. Even for those aiming a score of 700 or higher, the average time is 121 hours. Please see the link below:
http://www.mba.com/us/the-gmat-blog-hub ... -gmat.aspx
Remember – for us, one month == 80 hours of commitment.

e-GMAT’s internal data

I just looked at people who purchased our verbal online course in December, and then filtered out how many of them did not access our site in the last month. The result – over seventy five percent of those who purchased Verbal Online in December did not access the site in April. While I cannot disclose numbers, I can tell you that given our volumes, both the numbers are statistically significant.

Why do some people take longer to prepare?

There are a multitude of reasons, with some of them being
1. The extent of score improvement – Typically, a 1 point score (scale of 800) improvement takes between 0.6 to 1.5 hours. So those looking for a higher score improvement take longer. Also those who are not diligent take longer.
2. Studying from different resources – Typically, the more resources you use, the longer you take.
3. Regularity - Students who study 5 or more days per week study improve a lot faster.
4. Plan – Students who spend time creating a plan and understand how to use data improve a lot faster.

Overall, what matters more is the score you get. Once you have a score, few people will worry about the amount of time you put in to get there.

Good luck for your test.

-Rajat

| '4 out of Top 5' Instructors on gmatclub | 70 point improvement guarantee | www.e-gmat.com

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
e-GMAT Representative
S

Kudos [?]: 2166 [1], given: 123

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2017, 10:58
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
To add - just noticed debriefs from two students who aced the gmat in ~2 months using our courses:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/admitted-to- ... 38006.html
https://gmatclub.com/forum/fought-cance ... 37026.html

The second guy fought through chemotherapy while studying.

-Rajat

Kudos [?]: 2166 [1], given: 123

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2017, 04:29
Congratulations!! I am really impressed by your effort, and I want to follow your path of success. Can you please, specify which of did you by the e-GMAT online or e-GMAT Live Prep course?
Thank you!

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2017, 04:59
Congratulations!! One question from where you get e-GMAT course details on the web? Moreover, I'm also a beginner here, and I hope following this course will help me overpower my weakness.

Thanks for this write-up!!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2017, 07:02
Hi winAlways, really enjoyed reading your debrief and thanks for sharing your experience. I now have a couple of questions if you could kindly advise.

1. what was your initial score before day 1 of your preparation? In other words, I’m trying to have a rough idea of the improvement one could potentially have based on your debrief.
2. what’s the total number of hours you work on your GMAT prepreation everyday? You did mention that you take 1-2 hours per session, I wonder how many sessions (of 1-2 hours) you’ve taken throughout your circa 9 weeks of total preparation time.

I also have a two year old boy, who is a rather demanding baby, so I really need to have an effective and efficient plan to follow, and I think your answers might help me to build a realistic plan.

Many thanks in anticipation,
Phrain.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2017, 23:43
This e-gmat concept sounds interesting. I will give it a trial more that time tracking practice will really improve our efficiency during exam every student should try it.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 234

WE: Engineering (Other)
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 14 Jun 2017, 19:54
egmat wrote:
anshumanster - thank you for recommending the e-GMAT SC/CR courses. It feels good when your customers (I hope you are one) recommend you.

To address your other issue, there is no advertising here. This is a debrief by a student without any input from e-GMAT. Nevertheless, let me address the point you have made about time it takes to ace the test. Some individuals take longer while others are done with the GMAT in 2 months or less (or even 1 month). The amount of time required depends on
1. Your starting score
2. Your diligence (huge factor)
3. Your target score (aiming for 720 or lower vs. 760)
Here is some anecdotal as well as statistical data to back this claim

Anecdotal data

1. Mahesh was able to complete our course and ace the GMAT in 1 week. Note, this guy studied full time. He score 700. You can see his interview and visit his LinkedIn profile. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nH2XaBOJk4
2. Rohit Nair was able to improve to 730 in 23 days. His debrief is somewhere on the forum.

In fact, we have an entire page of such students on the website. Please note that this data is 3+ years old.
https://e-gmat.com/testimonials/success_lessthan-30day/

Statistical data

There are two distinct data points here. One – e-GMAT internal and the second – GMAC’s.

Data 1 - GMAC’s data

As per GMAC, most people study less than 100 hours for GMAT. Even for those aiming a score of 700 or higher, the average time is 121 hours. Please see the link below:
http://www.mba.com/us/the-gmat-blog-hub ... -gmat.aspx
Remember – for us, one month == 80 hours of commitment.

e-GMAT’s internal data

I just looked at people who purchased our verbal online course in December, and then filtered out how many of them did not access our site in the last month. The result – over seventy five percent of those who purchased Verbal Online in December did not access the site in April. While I cannot disclose numbers, I can tell you that given our volumes, both the numbers are statistically significant.

Why do some people take longer to prepare?

There are a multitude of reasons, with some of them being
1. The extent of score improvement – Typically, a 1 point score (scale of 800) improvement takes between 0.6 to 1.5 hours. So those looking for a higher score improvement take longer. Also those who are not diligent take longer.
2. Studying from different resources – Typically, the more resources you use, the longer you take.
3. Regularity - Students who study 5 or more days per week study improve a lot faster.
4. Plan – Students who spend time creating a plan and understand how to use data improve a lot faster.

Overall, what matters more is the score you get. Once you have a score, few people will worry about the amount of time you put in to get there.

Good luck for your test.

-Rajat

@egmat
I have a small query regarding inference of your paragraph on Egmat internal data. Do you mean to say that those who buy courses in December do not access same in March since they have already given gmat?
WR Arpit

Sent from my SM-G610F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Press kudos if you liked this post

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 234

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2017, 19:19
Truly inspiring. Congrats on Ur success.Will surely follow the schedule this is very well planned.Could help to tell bit more about which B-schools you have chosen?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2017, 06:22
The best debrief so far.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 161

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2017, 07:43
congratulations ! :) Iwant to know if you have to purchase any course from e-gmat for a good score on GMAT? i have no idea about the approach to SC. i have read good amount of books and i'm good with the basic foundations. but i'm unable to spot errors and understand the strategy when i begin solving the questions. i just go blank. Can anybody please help? :cry:

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 161

Re: I am on Cloud 9; why you may ask; 760 - Q51, V41   [#permalink] 11 Aug 2017, 07:43

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 37 posts ] 

I am on Cloud 9; why you may ask; 760 - Q51, V41

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: EMPOWERgmatRichC, ydmuley, bb

HOT DEALS FOR NOVEMBER
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap