Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:41 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: I need help to choose a school [#permalink]
The price is not an issue. It would be hard to get any cheaper EMBA. I am also trying to get my company to sponsor. So my focus is mainly on the quality of the programs rather than the price.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Tuck - Class of 2013
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Tuck '13 (M)
GPA: 3.93
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Hi exec,

Did you see this press release? https://www.cbs.dk/en/News-Press/Hoejreb ... -the-media

I'm not sure I would be comfortable going to a school that was having problems.

OK So I just looked at the Financial Times World EMBA 2010 Rankings of these two schools.

Overall Rank:
CBS = 47
SSE = 50

These two schools are so close that in terms of education that you'll receive an equally high quality degree from either. However the rank for SSE has been very consistent over the past few years whereas CBS has moved around dramatically. As these ranks are based on student responses to a survey I would value consistency more than the 3 places higher in the rankings that CBS currently occupies.

Salary: (Growth as %, then Current average)

CBS = 40% $116,272
SSE = 52% $119,176

I think that these are important numbers for an EMBA because they make up so much of the logic of attending a program. Also even though the numbers are close the different costs of the two courses make SSE better value for money.

Careers Rank:

CBS = 11
SSE = 45

This could be a deal breaker for you if your intention is to make a significant change in the focus of your career. Having said that I think that it is particularly true of EMBA's that they know perfectly well how to seek and apply for jobs, so perhaps this isn't an important stat for you.

To be honest I think you would be well served by either course. If I were you I would focus on three things:

Curriculum - Go to the school that focuses on the things you are interested in, paying thousands of Euros to learn about finance if you want to work in, for example, not-for-profit is a waste of time.

Career - think about your aims and figure out which school is more likely to get you there. After all you don't complete an EMBA for the experience you do it for the end result. Best result = Best choice.

Classmates - Are you bothered about interacting with your classmates or not? Personally I would favor the week long program as it will give you a much better opportunity to network. Knowing high quality people in other industries could be invaluable for you.

Other than the above I don't know what to suggest. Visit both and get a feeling for how much you like the adcom and the atmosphere.

Personally I would apply for both and go to SSE, but you should choose the one that fits you best.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks, so much, RHB! That was a great response.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
RHB, by the way where do you find Career Ranks for schools?
GMAT Club Bot