GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 15 Jul 2020, 11:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Identifying the correct usage of me and I as apposition pronouns

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Identifying the correct usage of me and I as apposition pronouns  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2020, 17:16
I would request some of our experts to enable me develop a clear understanding as where to use me and where to use I.
Both of these are pronouns in apposition.
It's often confusing as to which one is to be used where.
SVP
SVP
D
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31
Identifying the correct usage of me and I as apposition pronouns  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2020, 21:32
I is a subject pronoun while me is an object pronoun. Hence, the usage depends on whether the intent is to use a pronoun as a subject or as an object.

Having said that, chances are minimal that you would specifically be tested on I vs me, since almost all sentences on GMAT are in third person (they, them, he, she etc).

Our book EducationAisle Sentence Correction Nirvana discusses Subject and Object pronouns, their application and examples in significant detail. If you or someone is interested, PM me your email-id; I can mail the corresponding section.
EducationAisle Online GMAT Classes

Sentence Correction Nirvana available on Amazon.in and Flipkart

Join us for a free GMAT Live Online Class from anywhere in the world
Tutor
V
Re: Identifying the correct usage of me and I as apposition pronouns  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2020, 12:46
Hello, Prithwish093, and welcome to the forum. I agree with what has been written above. You may find this Business Insider article on the subject to be useful. And since another newcomer posted a query about who versus whom recently, it seems fitting to kill two birds with one stone and mention that that split involves a similar subject/object line of reasoning. To summarize,

SubjectI, who

Objectme, whom

Provided you can identify which type of pronoun is needed, you can coast through just about any such split on the GMAT™ or elsewhere. Good luck with your studies.

- Andrew
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Identifying the correct usage of me and I as apposition pronouns   [#permalink] 22 May 2020, 12:46

Identifying the correct usage of me and I as apposition pronouns

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics