GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 03 Jul 2020, 22:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

IE vs IESE MiM

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

IE   IESE   
Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Accounting, Finance
GPA: 3.78
IE vs IESE MiM  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2019, 11:51
Hi guys!

Here is my background. I studied a bachelor in Business administration with a concentration in Finance and Accounting (2017). Right after completing it, I did a Master in Accounting (2018) in the US. And since graduation, I have worked in an advisory firm in NYC.

Recently, I have decided I will be going back to Spain and I have applied to some MIM programs. I was wondering if you could offer some advice regarding my choices.

Last month, I have applied to IE Master in Management and I have been accepted. The nice thing about this program is the different tracks which you can specialize in. For the next intake, it has included Finance & Investments as well as Entrepreneurship & Innovation as new tracks. In the last module of the program, there is the choice of picking some free electives of other tracks. I was thinking of doing the FInance & Investment track and picking some optatives in digital business. It also offers the option of doing some dual degree and study abroad for a semester. But this last one is not a requirement, since the moment that some friends have done it and it was hard to re-enter the job market after being a semester abroad.

Recently, I have discovered that IESE is launching this September a MiM program as well. I am almost done with the application and hopefully would get a response by end of this month. Considering that this program is too new, it is not ranked yet; I'm not completely sure of what to do. But based on Business Schools and MBAs rankings, IESE is better positioned. I know it is a new program, but coming from this school, I do not believe it could be a bad one.

I would like to land a job in Consulting or Finance (PE or IB). If you were in my current position, how would you proceed and consider all the factors into making this decision?

Thank you in advance and looking forward to hearing from you,
Director
Director
V
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT Date: 02-18-2019
GPA: 3.4
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
Re: IE vs IESE MiM  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2019, 07:17
NYC1995 wrote:
Hi guys!

Here is my background. I studied a bachelor in Business administration with a concentration in Finance and Accounting (2017). Right after completing it, I did a Master in Accounting (2018) in the US. And since graduation, I have worked in an advisory firm in NYC.

Recently, I have decided I will be going back to Spain and I have applied to some MIM programs. I was wondering if you could offer some advice regarding my choices.

Last month, I have applied to IE Master in Management and I have been accepted. The nice thing about this program is the different tracks which you can specialize in. For the next intake, it has included Finance & Investments as well as Entrepreneurship & Innovation as new tracks. In the last module of the program, there is the choice of picking some free electives of other tracks. I was thinking of doing the FInance & Investment track and picking some optatives in digital business. It also offers the option of doing some dual degree and study abroad for a semester. But this last one is not a requirement, since the moment that some friends have done it and it was hard to re-enter the job market after being a semester abroad.

Recently, I have discovered that IESE is launching this September a MiM program as well. I am almost done with the application and hopefully would get a response by end of this month. Considering that this program is too new, it is not ranked yet; I'm not completely sure of what to do. But based on Business Schools and MBAs rankings, IESE is better positioned. I know it is a new program, but coming from this school, I do not believe it could be a bad one.

I would like to land a job in Consulting or Finance (PE or IB). If you were in my current position, how would you proceed and consider all the factors into making this decision?

Thank you in advance and looking forward to hearing from you,

Congrats on your IE admit. IE and IESE are top schools in Europe. IE MIM programme has a great reputation. check with alumni group regarding job opportunities.
RSM Erasmus Moderator
V
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2019, 21:32
Hi NYC1995

Congrats for those schools.

Before laying out my thoughts, I would like to know you motives to apply to MIM program.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Accounting, Finance
GPA: 3.78
IE vs IESE MiM  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2019, 05:24
Mo2men,

Thank you for your reply. I have completed an undergrad from a School in Spain and spent two years of the program abroad. Once I completed it, I decided to pursue a master in Accounting in the States and worked there for a year. But I am not passionate about this field. When considering coming back to Spain, I realized I am little off the market. I would like to switch industry to Finance or consulting so I considered pursuing a MiM in order to try to land a job in Consulting, PE or IB; at the same that connect with alumni and academic body.

I know that the fact of getting a job depends more on the individual than the school, but I would like to choose the program without regrets.

If you have any other question, let me know; or we could use DMs.
Thank you,
RSM Erasmus Moderator
V
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2019, 23:25
NYC1995 wrote:
Mo2men,

Thank you for your reply. I have completed an undergrad from a School in Spain and spent two years of the program abroad. Once I completed it, I decided to pursue a master in Accounting in the States and worked there for a year. But I am not passionate about this field. When considering coming back to Spain, I realized I am little off the market. I would like to switch industry to Finance or consulting so I considered pursuing a MiM in order to try to land a job in Consulting, PE or IB; at the same that connect with alumni and academic body.

I know that the fact of getting a job depends more on the individual than the school, but I would like to choose the program without regrets.

If you have any other question, let me know; or we could use DMs.
Thank you,

Hi

You won't go wrong with either but I prefer to go to well-established programs. You may check the career reports for MiM in IE.

However, in my view, I would not think to do a second master. You just fresh grad with one master. I find it too much to do 2 masters after gradation. I prefer if you can make the transfer with your degrees at hand, get more experience to be seasoned and save the money you have now along you earn in order to go to an MBA program within 3-4 years.

I may be surprising for you but this is my process of thoughts. If you find it hard, you still pursue your degree and career aspirations through it.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: IE vs IESE MiM   [#permalink] 05 Jun 2019, 23:25

IE vs IESE MiM

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: FinanceMan, Regenerate