SORT BY
Most helpful
SORT BY Interview date
Recent interviewed
SORT BY Post date
Recent posted
Debrief posted on  Nov 16 2019 [#permalink] IESE, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Adcom Interviewed on: Nov 15 2019 Final Decision: Admitted

"Interviewed yesterday at IESE's NYC campus with one of the adcoms for the AsiaPacific region, Tomofumi Nishida. I attended the open day and assessment day the following afternoon. Interview was very conversational. It was almost split into two sections -- the first focused on why MBA, why IESE, why now, what will you bring to IESE as a student, etc. Everything was pretty standard but there was one question that threw me a bit, but Tomo asked me "if you were the dean of IESE what would you change"? After that, we transitioned a bit to my background experience. Tell me about a time... when you had a personal conflict, when you led a group... when you had to give bad news... etc. Overall, the questions were not exceedingly difficult and it was a pleasant experience overall"

onekpat GMAT 710; WE: 40 months; Pharmaceuticals and Biotech
0 out of 0 people found this Debrief helpful.

Was this Debrief helpful for you?

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 28 2019 [#permalink] IESE, Full Time MBA
On Campus Interviewed on: Feb 20 2019 Final Decision: Admitted

"Hi, My interview was on campus post the AD. It was very conversational but also felt a bit like a rapid fire round as the duration of the interview was on the shorter side.Some of the questions that came up included: 1. What did I want to do with my life when I was 15? 2. Why did I choose what I chose to study? 3. What would I find challenging about the MBA programme? 4. What types of people do I find challenging to work with? 5. What is the biggest risk I have taken in my life? 6. Something I would like to start doing, stop doing, and continue doing?"

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jan 27 2019 [#permalink] IESE, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Jan 22 2019 Final Decision: Admitted

"Hi all, My interview was over 3 days ago and it was a good experience. Interview happened over WebEx for about 45 min. 1. Overall experience was cool as it was more like a conversation. 2. Expect all basic questions of an MBA interview. You need to have clear answers for all questions like why MBA? why IESE? etc. 3. Something that was unexpected during the interview was related to professional experience. Seems that interviewer is familiar with my job profile and hence there were several in-depth questions related to job profile. I would suggest to prepare very well to present your achievements, international exposure and learnings when you talk about your professional experience. Hope this helps to someone whose interview is scheduled in next few days. Quick Intro - I am Krishna, an Indian staying in Thailand."

krishna1988 from Thailand GMAT 650;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Oct 18 2018 [#permalink] IESE
Skype Interviewed on: Oct 04 2018 Final Decision: Admitted

"My interview was through Webex and it was mainly a conversation that lasted for about 1h20m. There were some of the usual questions, like: -Tell me about yourself -Why an MBA and why now -Why IESE -Which schools I applied and why -Why the career change -What's the rationale behind your choice -Further detail about work experience -Three important moments in your life -Further information on hobbies -How do you plan to finance the MBA -What are the chances you go back to do what you are doing now after the MBA but they weren't put with that text above, all of them filled the context during the conversation, it wasn't like the interviewer was reading the questions from a paper or form. That made the whole thing go very naturally! This kind of interview has two sides for me, the good one is that you probably won't feel nervous as it's very natural and you can reach answers in a "non-robotic" way, the bad one is that you may think you forgot to tell something that may be important, as the questions are made during the conversation they all depend on were the conversation is going and sometimes you won't reach, or even remember, an answer that you feel is important in your application. It will always depend on the path of the conversation, as most who have been interviewed will say, just be yourself as there aren't wrong answers."

reduce from Brazil

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Sep 29 2018 [#permalink] IESE
Skype Interviewed on: Sep 28 2018 Final Decision: Waitlisted with Interview

"I had two interviews with IESE Adcom and I scheduled both of them on the same day with a gap of 5 hours between each. Both were Skype. 1st Interview: The first one went on for almost 1h15m and she said we are over the scheduled time so had to wrap up with a couple of questions I had. I wouldn't call this a conversational interview at all except the first 3-4 questions and the questions were scattered criss cross with no particular order. Below are the questions I was asked in the order mentioned (at least of what I remember) Tell me about yourself Didn't you want to stay back in the US? (I moved from US to India after 7 years) Tell me more about the app (I had founded a US based non-profit mobile app taking inspiration from Ellen Degeneres) Why not make this app for India? Tell me about the size of your current company When is your current company founded? How did you get this role and what is the best thing about your job? What do you like and what do you not like about managing people? In the few months you moved from US to India, what are some of the culture shocks you experienced? Did you travel outside of India in the last few months? What things do you want to improve upon when you come to IESE? Why do we want you in our team at IESE? Tell me about a difficult time you had in life. What other careers did you research about for a career change? How did you know it is Consulting? How do you plan to finance IESE? How did you research your schools and how did you end up with IESE? How will you choose if you have multiple admits? What if you do not break into Consulting at IESE? What other options have you thought about? Tell me about a difficult member you had to manage. What kind of a leader do you want to become? How do you plan to prepare for moving to Spain? What will you do from now until start of program? 2nd interview: This was more relaxed and I was actually at ease and confidence. The questions below in the order asked: Walk me through your CV like you're talking to your grandmother Why IESE? Why Consulting? Tell me about the XYZ detail about your start up. What if Consulting does not happen? What does your day to day job look like? Tell me about a time when you faced resistance. Tell me about a time when you worked in teams. How would your friends describe you? Tell me about your biggest accomplishment. How do you plan to finance? What if you have to come back to India after your MBA? Any questions for me?"

tarun2040 from India

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Sep 24 2018 [#permalink] IESE
On Campus Interviewed on: Sep 21 2018 Final Decision: Admitted

"I'm a reapplicant: last time I interviewed it was just answering a bunch of questions, but this time it was completely different: - it was a much more conversational setting. - I was welcomed in the seating area and we exchanged some small talk about the trip and the weather as we walked to the office we'd be in. - he stressed several times I shouldn't be nervous, that this is just a conversation (I wasn't, I'm the person that gets nervous prior to something but not during) - It started with him giving me his business card, and me returning mine (handed over with both hands, as is customary in Asian culture). - My interviewer started asking about the company I work for, what we do, to explain the workings of the technology behind it, basically, it felt like we were talking for 20 minutes about the company and pretty much anything except for me. - after about 5 minutes I started working in some personal things that I knew I wanted to mention during my interview. which I continued doing throughout the rest of the interview. - I was further asked about different aspects of my applications: --why my MBA, why now, especially since I have a lot of years of experience -- asked about me: a short overview of my hobbies, my career -- questioned if I would consider going into the consulting, and if I'm 100% set on Spain, just to see my reasoning and whether it's solid -- talked about an example I gave in my essay -- talked about various point in my essays. -- asked questions which I guess came from points raised in my letters of recommendations, talked about my recommenders and why they are not my current bosses. etc etc. overall a very positive experience. in the end, after I asked whether I was to expect any news between now and my Assessment Day, he was surprised I had an Assessment Day. (I do because I'm a reapplicant) He told me he would check, and let me know, and invited me to connect on LinkedIn. He stated he thought it was a great interview (which I thought also) total interview time was 1h20 minutes, and we would probably have kept talking if he did not have another interview scheduled"

aeon86 from Belgium GMAT 750; WE: 118 months; Aerospace and Defense

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 07 2018 [#permalink] IESE
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 06 2018 Final Decision: Admitted

"I have just had my interview over Webex with IESE. It was not a blind interview, so she already knew much about my professional background, so it was really fit-oriented, much more than I was already expecting. The questions I recall answering are: -3 Main drivers in my life -Motivations in life -If IESE was a person, how would you describe it? -Plan B if my goals didn't materialize -Other schools I applied to and why -Something I would start, continue and stop -A difficult decission I had taken -A time I had to give feedback to someone -A strenght and a weakness your best friend would say about you -How I was planning to finance my MBA -Summarize in one phrase what I want AdCom to get from my interview Then proceed to a couple of minutes for my questions."

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 01 2018 [#permalink] IESE
Skype Interviewed on: Dec 26 2016 Final Decision: Interviewed

"Just had a video interview. Sharing here my interview experience for those who are interviewing in next few weeks. Interview lasted for 45mins. They asked me to tell more about myself, what values I hold dear, what makes me special, why IESE, what are the backup options if my first career choice after graduation doesn't work out, how will I finance my education, sell myself to the admission committee in less a minute. I don't know how I did, the last question makes me feel like I didn't do so well through the rest of the interview. Will keep you guys updated on any developments ."

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 01 2018 [#permalink] IESE
On Campus Interviewed on: Nov 26 2016 Final Decision: Interviewed

"I just thought I will share my experience with the school I have met Adcom yesterday .. I can't tell u how happy I was that I decided to apply to IESE Just a brief background about me- I am a consultant who graduated in 2009 from IIT, with not one of the 700s GMATs ,with multiple attempts, I worked over 7 years more than 2.5 years of living abroad in different countries and moved to C level executive roles pretty quickly I have focused my application truly on what kind of person I am and why I think school is a fit for me... for me its not a tool its a journey so i highlighted that in each part of my communication... I was badly nervous as I screwed another adcom interview just before that.. but the best part about this institute is they understand that u are human in the end So here is what I remember frm my interview- It was for 1:15 hrs ( I met couple of people who have it for 2 hrs... :roll: ) Two people from adcom mostly usual question and deep dive into each.. tell me about yourself... why mba.. why now... wht post mba...practical aspects like funding and then detailed discussion on each... what they wish to understand is whether u are a fit to their school or not ...there is no set profile ... please don't try to mug up the facts ..they know how to get u in tht ..just be aware abt it.. I think wht I learnt frm my experience was be honest... know what u wish to do now and post mba ... whether achievable or not be realistic abt it..open abt it.. in case you wish to change your mind post mba... they will help you.. meet them if possible.. speak with an alumni... it helps trust me ..not for application for knowing the school ...and in the end if you can enjoy the conversation in your interview and you learn something about the other person, urself and school ..that's all interviews are for :).... sorry for philosophy ... still emotional :cry:"

Meenal87 from India

yes
no