GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 04 Apr 2020, 16:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

IESE vs Maryland Smith ($$) vs Tepper (waitlisted)

new topic post reply Update application status  

• 33% [1]
  • 33% [1]
  • 33% [1]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

IESE   Smith   Tepper (CMU)   
Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
IESE vs Maryland Smith ($$) vs Tepper (waitlisted)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Apr 2018, 03:48
Hi all, I’m having a tough deal right now. Got admitted by IESE Business School ( no news about scholarship so far) and Maryland Smith (fortunate enough to have One-Year scholarship) and waitlisted by CMU Tepper.

Before receiving any notifications, my preferences were CMU Tepper and Maryland because of my US resident green card problem, I preferred studying in the US and getting a job in the US after MBA. But after connecting with people from IESE, I fell in love with the school.

My background:
- 27F Asian US resident
- Was a geotechnical engineer for 3 years, then worked for my family trading business for 2 years
- Post-MBA: Plan A is to work as a management / healthcare consultant, Plan B is to work in big tech firms in the field of Operation Management or Business Development. In the long run return to my family business.
- Preferred to get a job in the US, but opened to any chances in Europe

IESE
Love the school culture, the people and the international student body. But I’m concerned of the laidback environment and its recognition in the US. And going to IESE means I have to give up my US resident status.

Maryland Smith
One-year scholarship is a hard deal to turn down, though I’m not too much concerned of my financial status. I heard the teaching quality was good, but I’m concerned of its ranking and regional reputation.

Tepper
Like their analytical teaching approach, and I’m impressed by the helpfulness from the students. And many graduates got into tech firms, which matches very well with my plan. But the chances of being admitted is low because of my GMAT score and career profile.

I honestly have no idea how to choose, especially when I have to choose between EU Top 10 and US Top 50.

Any thoughts and comments would be appreciated.
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
V
Concentration: Finance
Re: IESE vs Maryland Smith ($$) vs Tepper (waitlisted)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2018, 23:36
einam wrote:
Hi all, I’m having a tough deal right now. Got admitted by IESE Business School ( no news about scholarship so far) and Maryland Smith (fortunate enough to have One-Year scholarship) and waitlisted by CMU Tepper.

Before receiving any notifications, my preferences were CMU Tepper and Maryland because of my US resident green card problem, I preferred studying in the US and getting a job in the US after MBA. But after connecting with people from IESE, I fell in love with the school.

My background:
- 27F Asian US resident
- Was a geotechnical engineer for 3 years, then worked for my family trading business for 2 years
- Post-MBA: Plan A is to work as a management / healthcare consultant, Plan B is to work in big tech firms in the field of Operation Management or Business Development. In the long run return to my family business.
- Preferred to get a job in the US, but opened to any chances in Europe

IESE
Love the school culture, the people and the international student body. But I’m concerned of the laidback environment and its recognition in the US. And going to IESE means I have to give up my US resident status.

Maryland Smith
One-year scholarship is a hard deal to turn down, though I’m not too much concerned of my financial status. I heard the teaching quality was good, but I’m concerned of its ranking and regional reputation.

Tepper
Like their analytical teaching approach, and I’m impressed by the helpfulness from the students. And many graduates got into tech firms, which matches very well with my plan. But the chances of being admitted is low because of my GMAT score and career profile.

I honestly have no idea how to choose, especially when I have to choose between EU Top 10 and US Top 50.

Any thoughts and comments would be appreciated.

Hi einam

This one seems like easy one to answer.

IESE Business School is good school and you would enjoy life in Barcelona but since you want to live/work/study in US I would cross them from your list. Majority of European schools don't have same brand quality in US as they have in Europe.

CMU Tepper is best ranked and as you probably already know that is top 20. So if they accept you go there.

Now, you should go to Maryland Smith if you don't get positive answer from CMU Tepper.

Robert H. Smith School of Business has Median Base Salary of $95,600 and Median Signing Bonus of $20,000.
Robert H. Smith School of Business is famous for friendly collaborative culture and very diverse student body.
It has a mostly regional focus in the Mid-Atlantic and of course Northeast for recruiting.

Robert H. Smith School of Business Job Placement by Function :
Consulting
25%
Finance/Accounting
17%
Operations/Logistics
8%
General Management
8%
Marketing/Sales
25%
Other
17%

Source: Forbes

Hope this helps you to decide !
GMAT Club Bot
Re: IESE vs Maryland Smith ($$) vs Tepper (waitlisted)   [#permalink] 24 Apr 2018, 23:36

new topic post reply Update application status