SORT BY
Most helpful
SORT BY
Recent interviewed
SORT BY
Recent posted
Debrief posted on  Dec 21 2018 [#permalink] IIM Ahmedabad , PGPX
Off Campus with Alumni Interviewed on: Dec 15 2018 Final Decision: Admitted

"My IIM A PGPX interview was scheduled on 15 Dec 2018 at Bangalore. My panel had 2 alums who were quite friendly and calm. When I entered the room I was asked to pick a chit and speak on the topic. The topic I got was - "Has increased digitization led to unsocial behavior?". The entire interview was on this topic. Next, the panel moved on to some questions about my hobbies. The interview lasted for 15-20 minutes max. Surprisingly, no questions were asked on my essays or profile! In sum, stay calm and be aware of all that is going on around - as in the GK part. Read editorials of The Hindu- trust me it helps! Final result- Selected!"

0 out of 0 people found this Debrief helpful.

Was this Debrief helpful for you?

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Dec 23 2018 [#permalink] IIM Ahmedabad , PGPX
On Campus Interviewed on: Oct 13 2018 Final Decision: Admitted

"I had my IIMA interview on campus. The official reporting time was 8:45 am and I reached around 8:30. Initially I thought that all the candidates are called at the same time but when I reached there I realized these slots have limited candidates so do reach on time, if called for an interview. Had interaction with current students and that helped in calming down the nerves. I already had an admit from other B school so in hindsight, the pressure was comparatively less. At 9:10 I was called into the interview room. There were two profs (PGPX chairman and one another). I was asked to pick the topic for extempore and the topic was "Should politics be left to politicians". The extempore topics are actually selected for its controversial nature and there is no right or wrong side to these. I spoke for couple of minutes and then there were barrage of questions from the panels. I had to justify my stand with example, counter their point and help them understand my thought process. Then we moved to the normal question answers. PGPX chairman comes from an analytics background and I come from a data background, so we had a lot in common. While this commanlity sounds great on hearing, this also meant I had to be very clear about "Why MBA?". PGPX chairman has some close to three decade in analytics and our discussion was more like a teacher-student discussion, where the teacher disagreed with the student on everything. :) In the middle of the interview, PGPX chairman decided to cut the interview short and told me that he had nothing more to ask. Perplexed, I answered all the questions the other professor asked. I was able to make solid points on certain things. I think the one thing that helped me secure my admit was the point I made about their electives. This left both the professors defending the program and they eventually agreed my point was valid. The suggestion I made about elective now actually reflects in the current curriculum, hence I believe I made a solid point. To future applicant, be original in your answers and do some research about the program. Professors do like people who knows the program beforehand. It will also help you understand if this is the right program for you and save the confusion when you have the confusion on multiple admits."

0 out of 0 people found this Debrief helpful.

Was this Debrief helpful for you?

yes
no