GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 16 Feb 2020, 20:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

IMD, anyone?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
IMD, anyone?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2019, 07:19
OK, it seems not many people on this board are applying to IMD. Why is that?

I have done some research, met some alumni and it definitely is a top school. IMD offers what is probably the most intensive and stressful MBA program in the world. The alumni get good pay post graduation, however only 30% go to financial services and consulting - the most popular career paths for MBAs. In that the school is unusual and I think in the current environment it deserves more attention.
CR & LSAT Forum Moderator
V
Status: He came. He saw. He conquered. -- Studying for the LSAT -- Corruptus in Extremis
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Re: IMD, anyone?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2019, 07:25
Welcome to our forum, Sarah! I think you hit on a point of contention for some, but for others, at least on this forum, it might be location. Keep in mind that we are not an accurate representation of GMAT takers as a whole. I am glad you are passionate about the school!

My CR Guide: Here
My RC Guide: Here
Need an expert to grade your AWA? Go: Here
Want to know your Business School chances? Go: Here
Want to be a moderator? We may want you to be one! See how: Here
HEC & IMD School Moderator
P
Concentration: Leadership, Operations
Schools: HEC'22 (J), IMD '22
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2019, 10:26
sarahschreiber wrote:
OK, it seems not many people on this board are applying to IMD. Why is that?

I have done some research, met some alumni and it definitely is a top school. IMD offers what is probably the most intensive and stressful MBA program in the world. The alumni get good pay post graduation, however only 30% go to financial services and consulting - the most popular career paths for MBAs. In that the school is unusual and I think in the current environment it deserves more attention.

Welcome to GMATclub. IMD is a strong B-school which aspirants do not commonly choose due to many reasons. The school is highly selective and call the chosen ones as 'Magic 90'. It requires mature people who already have strong professional skills and have proven them. They put them on the path of leadership. Approx. 70% placements are into Industries. Due to this, the most popular career paths that you mentioned are not favored and hence people go to other schools. Their assessment day is quite different. Overall, it's a fabulous school for people who know what they want and how IMD can help them.
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2019, 11:06
Well .... it’s a special school indeed and only genuinely interested people will have the courage to go to Lausanne, Switzerland to take interview on their own cost and still open to rejection. I see that now IMD is traveling to countries to assess people. I was waitlisted by IMD... and just giving an example... on my A day.. we had candidates who were ex-ceo, venture capitalists, investment brokers, founder of a strategy consulting startup, a senior manager who was also a stand up comedian... and people like that. So its a very selective program with applicants interested in course more than its ranking.

I have a friend with GMAT 750 rejected by IMD and selected by LBS. so IMD is really unique in its selection as well as course curriculum aspects.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2019, 06:43
I was selected but honestly I felt on the day that every one in the room was excellent and was not sure I would get in. I really respect that IMD wants to see you in action and invests so much time in you and expects you to do the same.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: IMD, anyone?   [#permalink] 04 Oct 2019, 06:43

IMD, anyone?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Leadership