GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 16 Feb 2020, 21:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

IMD - FAQ/AMA - Get replies from current students/alumni/staff

new topic post reply Update application status  
HEC & IMD School Moderator
P
Concentration: Leadership, Operations
Schools: HEC'22 (J), IMD '22
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
IMD - FAQ/AMA - Get replies from current students/alumni/staff  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2020, 06:01

Post your questions for IMD Switzerland Students/alumni/staff here.

This topic is part of the GMATClub School Ambassador Project. For a similar topic on other schools, check GMATClub School Ambassador Project

Dear IMD aspirants,
We are starting this topic where applicants can ask their questions. We have contacted a few current students and they agreed to address the queries of applicants. They will also share their learning experiences, new happenings at IMD in this discussion.

No Profile Evaluations Pls, They will be deleted instantly. Stick to application components and school-related questions. We have a dedicated thread for IMD Switzerland profile evaluations; Pls use it to get feedback on your profile.

Current IMD Switzerland Student/Alumni willing to help! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2020, 08:47
Thank you so much Leadership for creating this separate topic, there is not so much I could add.

Run by 5 IMD MBA 2020 candidates to share their experience about the process, reasons why they chose IMD and talk about program experience. They will also be available to address your concerns about the application process and share their insights.

If you don't want to post them directly mail us: imd2020mba@gmail.com

"He that can have patience can have what he will." B.Franklin
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2020, 17:52
Hi All,

Thank you for pitching in to help. I have the following questions.

About me:
9 yrs of work ex in IBM and family business experience in Dubai.

1. Can you pls let me know the reason why you chose IMD?
2. Does Amazon visit the campus regularly, if yes what are the leadership programs that they hire for? (Pathways, CLDP etc)
3. There must some people who do not know any other language apart from English, what geographies do they get placed in general?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Re: IMD - FAQ/AMA - Get replies from current students/alumni/staff  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2020, 04:57
shruthiarvindh,

No problem,

1. I personally chose IMD because I wanted a great school in Europe, with a one year program. And between IE, Insead and IMD the choice was cristal clear to me. I visited three BS and apply for last two, I choice IMD because of the segmentation of Industries the previous MBA had gone to aligned better with my long term goals. But that is my personal view of the issue. I definitely suggest you evaluate why you want to go to IMD, or why IMD suits you.

2. They come they recruit for those programs. I don't know the frequency but I suppose just once per year for the recruiting process.

3. They are not so many people at IMD that only speak English, but my educated guess is they will go to any geography just having in scope they need to work in a multinational or tech company that uses english. Sorry if I can't help you more with this particular issue, but I am pretty sure you could mail IMD and ask.

Cheers,
INSEAD School Moderator
V
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: IMD - FAQ/AMA - Get replies from current students/alumni/staff  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2020, 05:08
Thanks IMD2020MBA !

"visited three BS and apply for last two, I choice IMD because of the segmentation of Industries the previous MBA had gone to aligned better with my long term goals. But that is my personal view of the issue. I definitely suggest you evaluate why you want to go to IMD, or why IMD suits you."

Questions

BS?

"segmentation of Industries the previous MBA had gone to aligned better with my long term goals."

Dont follow what you mean here? Do you mean that The recruiting employers are more concentrated around the industry most aligned with your goals?

IMD2020MBA wrote:
shruthiarvindh,

No problem,

1. I personally chose IMD because I wanted a great school in Europe, with a one year program. And between IE, Insead and IMD the choice was cristal clear to me. I visited three BS and apply for last two, I choice IMD because of the segmentation of Industries the previous MBA had gone to aligned better with my long term goals. But that is my personal view of the issue. I definitely suggest you evaluate why you want to go to IMD, or why IMD suits you.

2. They come they recruit for those programs. I don't know the frequency but I suppose just once per year for the recruiting process.

3. They are not so many people at IMD that only speak English, but my educated guess is they will go to any geography just having in scope they need to work in a multinational or tech company that uses english. Sorry if I can't help you more with this particular issue, but I am pretty sure you could mail IMD and ask.

Cheers,

Posted from my mobile device
Re: IMD - FAQ/AMA - Get replies from current students/alumni/staff   [#permalink] 05 Feb 2020, 05:08

IMD - FAQ/AMA - Get replies from current students/alumni/staff

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Leadership