Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 03:16 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 618693 [3]
Given Kudos: 81586
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: IMD Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi all
Please evaluate my profile
Gmat score 660 .
Profile details are:
Gender-Female
Nationality-- Indian
Industry - IT
Work ex- 5 years
B.Tech. 71%
12th 89%
10th 92%

Extracurriculars:
Certified in advanced level Robotics
Worked as a volunteer for NGO .
Was a part of college singing society. organized many competitions at college level

Post MBA Goals - Would like to work as a consultant
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 512 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Leadership, Operations
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V29
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Narenn
Thank you so much for starting this forum :)
Retired Moderator
Send PM
JournotoMBA wrote:
Hi guys,
Thanks for starting this thread Narenn! I am at an initial stage of just about making up my mind to apply and get an MBA from the schools across Europe and US. But what I am most curious about is my profile evaluation because I don't come from a common competitive group that mainly constitutes- female, IT/engineer. Do see and tell me your thoughts!

Background and nationality:-
30 year old female, Indian, with 7 years of work experience in Journalism (at the biggest channels of the country) and Corporate Communications (at the biggest retailer of the country)

Undergrad Information:-
BA Economics from Fergusson College, University of Pune- First Class
PG Diploma in Journalism from Asian College of Journalism, Chennai- B Grade

GMAT:-
Have not take GMAT yet

Work experience and leadership:-
Started my career with the business channel ET NOW- Assistant Producer and Reporter (2 years) for their flagship show on brands, marketing and advertising- Brand Equity
Reporter at India Today news channel- 1 year 3 months
Senior Correspondent at Times Now- 1 year 3 months
Assistant Manager, Corporate Communications, Future Group- 2 years 7 months

Overall, I have led the production of many prime time shows in the channels which requires working and handling mutliple teams. I have also handled many major news situation which requires collaboration and leading the editing and camera team. At Future Group, I have led a few major internal communication campaigns for the entire group and been actively involved in external campaigns that required collaboration with the marketing, investor relations, HR and the CEO's office. I have also led my vendors and agencies effectively for the various film projects at the group level.

Community:-
- Regular volunteer from school through the age of 24 at SPIC-MACAY- Society for the promotion of Indian Classical Arts and Culture Amongst Youth
- SPIC MACAY Gurukul Scholarship at RTI Activist Aruna Roy's Mazdoor Kisan Shakti Sangathan in Devdongri, Rajasthan. Stayed with them for 2 months and conducted social audits in surrounding villages for NREGA
- A Grade in the Deprivation project of Asian College of Journalism- Produced and shot an extensive documentary on the displacement of tribes in and around Hoshangabad, Madhya Pradesh
- Produced and wrote a documentary on the initiative of Annapurna Bhandar in Rajasthan- a PPP between the government and Future Group to revolutionise the ration store system in the state

Post MBA goals:-
To work in brand management/marketing in major companies in the FMCG/Fashion/Retail sector. Also open to Ecommerce and Media (owing to my background in the TV industry in India)

Hi,
Your different background is an ADVANTAGE (applies to every school). You need to score nearly 670-680 for IMD. They are highly selective. A batch of 90 in a year. Your profile is really good and unique. As per me, you have good chances.

What other schools are you targeting in Europe?
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Guangzu123 wrote:
Hi all
Please evaluate my profile
Gmat score 660 .
Profile details are:
Gender-Female
Nationality-- Indian
Industry - IT
Work ex- 5 years
B.Tech. 71%
12th 89%
10th 92%

Extracurriculars:
Certified in advanced level Robotics
Worked as a volunteer for NGO .
Was a part of college singing society. organized many competitions at college level

Post MBA Goals - Would like to work as a consultant

Hi,
You have bit less than the average GMAT score for IMD. You need to explain further about your job profile, achievements and leadership examples so that I would be able to give some suggestions. Why you would like to go for IMD? You would like to take up consultant roles after MBA but where and which industry?
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10010 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
sjas31 wrote:
Narenn

It was started last year. ;) In fact, I should thank you for responding to user requests and making the thread active again. :-)
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10010 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
and since you are the one who would take care of profile eval requests, you should logically lead this conversation. I am therefore making you OP of this thread.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Narenn wrote:
sjas31 wrote:
Narenn

It was started last year. ;) In fact, I should thank you for responding to user requests and making the thread active again. :-)

Oops, I didn't see that. I will try to help others as much as I can. May be, I will see some of them in class :angel: (if everything goes as planned :tongue_opt3 )
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Hi,
As per me, your profile is quite rich and strong. The only thing I am worried about your future goals of Finance/Consulting on which IMD is bit weaker. Why don't you try in LBS? It will be better fit for your goals. Another suggestion after LBS is HEC. I know your age in on the higher end for US schools, but there is no harm in applying :)
To conclude, you must consider LBS and HEC in your top list for European schools. Both of these schools are highly renowned. Please feel free to write for further discussion. All the best :)

Gmatcake wrote:
Kindly evaluate my profile:

Indian Male (31 year-old)

Undergraduate: Bachelor Of Engineering in "Computer Science" from Rajiv Gandhi Technological University.

UG Percentage: 67.8 (probably 7.1 on 10 point scale)

Job profile: 5-years(August,2014-present) as Credit Manager (Scale 2) at one of India's largest public sector bank-Bank Of India, to which I was selected through a national level competitive examination with a selection ratio of 1:200. Joined as Assistant Manager and promoted to manager in 2019 through a bank-wide written and interview competitive procedure. Currently, I am managing Credit portfolio in a branch of over INR 100 crores (approx. USD 14 Million). My work includes achieving credit targets of the branch, identification of borrowers, review of credit history, monitoring of proposals prepared by staff, supervision on disbursement of advance, monitoring of existing portfolio, managing and mentoring a team of 18 people (who are at various levels of organizational hierarchy), implementation of Government loan schemes. I have been instrumental in steering my present and earlier branch to highly profitable balance sheet through diversifying into a segment that was earlier playing a negligible role in branch's portfolio.

GMAT: 730 (Q51, V38, IR6, AWA 5).

Extracurricular:(1) During UG, I was part of the team that won National Level Paper Presentation Contest on "Re-Engineering vs Reverse Engineering".
(2) Multiple prizes in essay, sports, drama competitions during schooling.
(3) After UG, worked freelance to develop a local startup on WordPress web development which was a learning experience.
(4) During my present position, I have also been deputed as Presiding Officer for polling booths in National Election 2019 and MP State Election 2018. Duties included managing polling team of 6-10 people, more than 1100 voters and political party agents in a politically sensitive polling area while providing real-time polling statistics to Election Commission of India.

No international experience.

Post MBA: mainly Finance, Fintech or Consulting.

Thanks in advance

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.16
Send PM
Bookmarks
Kindly evaluate the following profile. Just wanted to get an idea I can make it through with this profile and if there is any possibility of some scholarship.

Indian Male (31) - Targeting 2021 batch

10th : 93% 12th: 91%

Undergrad : Engineering (7.91/10)

First MBA : Marketing (2.99/4)

GMAT 720 (Q:48, V:40) - Planning a retake in Jan'20

Job profile :

1) Present (3.5 years): Working in FMCG industry for past 3.5 years.
Have managed national category development roles for Food categories (preparing and implementing sales strategy for two of India's largest food brands).
Currently leading a team of 15 members to drive sales in Modern Trade channel for one of the highest growing markets of India

2) Brand manager (2 years) : Pharmaceuticals (nutritional supplements)

3) Pre MBA (2 years) : Product development in a Japanese auto-maker. Coordinating with Japanese counterparts to prepare, evaluate and develop products to optimize vehicle performance

Other interests:
1) Part-time author. Have published book of fiction which is live on Amazon and Flipkart and has sold more than 1000 copies.
2) Was co-founder in a digital marketing start-up during first MBA
3) Passionate about portrait photography. Have my own page of black & white portrait photography
4) have participated and won case study competitions organised by some leading MNCs
5) Assisted a NGO in developing programs to spread awareness of HIV in high risk population areas
6) Sponsor one child from HIV affected family to attend evening classes

Post MBA aspirations
1) Joining either a product bases organisation or an e-commerce organisation in business development, strategy or marketing team
2) Joining a consulting group

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Agni
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 512 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
qwer45ind wrote:
Kindly evaluate the following profile. Just wanted to get an idea I can make it through with this profile and if there is any possibility of some scholarship.

Indian Male (31) - Targeting 2021 batch

10th : 93% 12th: 91%

Undergrad : Engineering (7.91/10)

First MBA : Marketing (2.99/4)

GMAT 720 (Q:48, V:40) - Planning a retake in Jan'20

Job profile :

1) Present (3.5 years): Working in FMCG industry for past 3.5 years.
Have managed national category development roles for Food categories (preparing and implementing sales strategy for two of India's largest food brands).
Currently leading a team of 15 members to drive sales in Modern Trade channel for one of the highest growing markets of India

2) Brand manager (2 years) : Pharmaceuticals (nutritional supplements)

3) Pre MBA (2 years) : Product development in a Japanese auto-maker. Coordinating with Japanese counterparts to prepare, evaluate and develop products to optimize vehicle performance

Other interests:
1) Part-time author. Have published book of fiction which is live on Amazon and Flipkart and has sold more than 1000 copies.
2) Was co-founder in a digital marketing start-up during first MBA
3) Passionate about portrait photography. Have my own page of black & white portrait photography
4) have participated and won case study competitions organised by some leading MNCs
5) Assisted a NGO in developing programs to spread awareness of HIV in high risk population areas
6) Sponsor one child from HIV affected family to attend evening classes

Post MBA aspirations
1) Joining either a product bases organisation or an e-commerce organisation in business development, strategy or marketing team
2) Joining a consulting group

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Agni

Hi,
You have a well above GMAT score as compared to the avg. score of class. As per me, you would be a good fit considering your work ex. with different sectors and extra-curricular. The extra-curricular points are not so much in IMD. They are looking for highly mature professionals who have taken leadership positions in the past. International experience is an asset. The first round deadline is February 1, 2020 and the applications are just started. You can follow the below link to connect with other applicants:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... l#p2400384

Things to take care:
1. You need to justify why you are going for second MBA. Tackle this question carefully
2. There are few scholarships in IMD and they are granted for best overall profiles. I believe 720 above is not required and you should try to make your overall profile strong including essays, recommendations, etc. Its tough to say about scholarships possibility, hence you should keep a plan for funding. IMD has a question regarding funding in application process.
Questions for you:
1. Do you have any International work experience?
2. Where are you planning to work after MBA?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.16
Send PM
Unfortunately I don’t have any international exposure where I have traveled abroad for an assignment. Though in my first assignment I had to collaborate with my Japanese counterparts on a daily basis. They were extension of the same team. During my first MBA I was part of a project where students from 5 different countries worked on a project for a month but there was not travel involved. Don’t think backpacking trips count so not evening mentioning them.

Post the second MBA I am looking forward to managing a global role (spanning more than one country) based out either Europe, US or Asia
Retired Moderator
Send PM
qwer45ind wrote:
Unfortunately I don’t have any international exposure where I have traveled abroad for an assignment. Though in my first assignment I had to collaborate with my Japanese counterparts on a daily basis. They were extension of the same team. During my first MBA I was part of a project where students from 5 different countries worked on a project for a month but there was not travel involved. Don’t think backpacking trips count so not evening mentioning them.

Post the second MBA I am looking forward to managing a global role (spanning more than one country) based out either Europe, US or Asia

You can mention the learning of cross culture and functions from your Japanese and MBA experience respectively. What other schools are you targeting? Are you going to apply in IMD-R1? If yes, please feel free to PM me for further discussions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V37
Send PM
Background and nationality : Indian Male
Undergrad Information : Production Engineering passed out 2012 from NIT Surat
GMAT: 650
Work experience and leadership : 5 YEARS AS LOGISTICS OFFICER IN ARMED FORCE OF INDIA.
Community and others : NA
Post MBA goals : would like to work in consulting.

kindly give your suggestions.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Hi nitish13 ...
You should go to the first page of this forum and look how a profile template looks like. We need more details about you.

nitish13 wrote:
Background and nationality : Indian Male
Undergrad Information : Production Engineering passed out 2012 from NIT Surat
GMAT: 650
Work experience and leadership : 5 YEARS AS LOGISTICS OFFICER IN ARMED FORCE OF INDIA.
Community and others : NA
Post MBA goals : would like to work in consulting.

kindly give your suggestions.
Intern
Intern
Send PM

Indian Male (28) - Targeting 2021 batch

10th : 88% 12th: 81%

Undergrad : Engineering (7.61/10)

GMAT 650 (Q:50, V:28) - Planning a retake in Jan'20

Job profile :
5 YEARS AS LOGISTICS OFFICER IN ARMED FORCE OF INDIA.
I have worked in aviation logistics management
Planning , procurement and management of Inventory for aircraft spares and consumables.
Also General Administration and welfare of all personnel reporting to me.

1) Present (~5 years):
Other :
1)Training and placement coordinator for Department in Final year of Engineering.
2) NTSE Scholar

Post MBA aspirations
1) Joining an e-commerce organisation in operations role.
2) Joining a consulting group.

Thanks in advance.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 512 [1]
Send PM
Hi Nitish13..
Thank you for sharing details about you. You are aware that for an Indian student targeting IMD with gmat 650 will be tough. I hope you are going to increase to at least 680-700. Your defense profile will be an advantage and I don't know how it works to get promoted there. You need to show inclination/rise in your work profile by promotion or achievements. Your need to craft a good story of your goal for the transition you are looking. Admit and Scholarships depend on overall strength of the profile. I hope you will have chances if you can improve your GMAT with strong essays and other aspects.
I just have a question. Are you working full time with defense?

nitish13 wrote:

Job profile :
Planning , procurement and management of Inventory for aircraft spares and consumables.

1) Present (~5 years):
Other :
1)Training and placement coordinator for Department in Final year of Engineering.
2) NTSE Scholar

Post MBA aspirations

Thanks in advance.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yes am working full time in defense.

sjas31 wrote:
Hi Nitish13..
Thank you for sharing details about you. You are aware that for an Indian student targeting IMD with gmat 650 will be tough. I hope you are going to increase to at least 680-700. Your defense profile will be an advantage and I don't know how it works to get promoted there. You need to show inclination/rise in your work profile by promotion or achievements. Your need to craft a good story of your goal for the transition you are looking. Admit and Scholarships depend on overall strength of the profile. I hope you will have chances if you can improve your GMAT with strong essays and other aspects.
I just have a question. Are you working full time with defense?

nitish13 wrote:

Job profile :

1) Present (~5 years):
Other :
2) NTSE Scholar

Post MBA aspirations

Thanks in advance.

GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4