GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 05 Jul 2020, 06:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Importance of BASIC GRAMMAR

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Importance of BASIC GRAMMAR  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2020, 21:18
GMAT sentence correction is a nightmare for the ones struggling with grammar. There is a catch here. All of us want to score on the Sentence Correction questions without dealing with our fundamental issue: lack of basic grammar knowledge.

After having taught more than 2000 GMAT students by now, I have encountered a problem common with almost all of them: convincing them to study basic foundational grammar. Yet, those who have tried it have reaped the full benefit out of it. Knowing what is a NOUN, the types of Nouns, and depth into PRONOUNS will help you get your SUBJECT VERB AGREEMENT and PRONOUN AMBIGUITY/AGREEMENT in place. Understanding VERBS and TENSES associated with verbs will help in strengthening VERB TENSE and SUBJECT VERB AGREEMENT. Knowing PREPOSITIONS will aid in understanding IDIOMS, GERUNDS will help in both MODIFIERS and PARALLEL CONSTRUCTION and so on.

So, my suggestion: sit with the basic grammar concepts in the first week and then proceed. Never underestimate what basic grammar brings to the table as far as GMAT is concerned.

P.S. You also don't want to be grammatically incorrect when you sit with your peers in the MBA classroom. Hence, basic grammar to the rescue!

#gmat #sentencecorrection #grammar #gmatverbal

Sonal Darra
GMAT-GRE Verbal Expert
https://www.linkedin.com/in/sonaldarra/
GMAT Club Bot
Importance of BASIC GRAMMAR   [#permalink] 21 May 2020, 21:18

Importance of BASIC GRAMMAR

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep