Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:32 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Send PM
Congrats..! [#permalink]
Congrats on your great score..with the amount of work experience you have ....getting admitted to a top college would be a breeze.
Your verbal score is outstanding....would be great if you could give us some insights as to how to tackle RC.

Vivek.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Damn it. Look at your verbal score... :o
I wish I could combine your verbal and my maths. :lol:

Good job. What was your approach to RC ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I wish that I could provide good advice on RC, but I am not quite sure why I have done well in this. My approach to each passage was to attempt to clear my mind and read the passage as if I were reading a book for enjoyment. I did not allow myself to stop during the passage to digest details or to take notes. I just tried to grasp the main idea and the flow. This will usually answer at least one of the questions. For the more detailed questions, I new where to refer in the passage because I had a good grasp of the flow. I also used the tips on how to handle different types of questions from Princeton Review (scope, be narrow-minded, be careful of answers with aways, must, all, never). Some of the tips actually came from the CR section of the PR book. I never began by looking for the correct answer. I began by eliminating the incorrect answers.

I certainly don't want to sound like I enjoy RC. I was not happy to get two straight passages at the beginning of the test. They were relatively easy to read passages. I really think that on the last RC passage, I must have guessed well. It was difficult, and I think that by that point in the exam it is very hard to concentrate. People might test better on verbal if it came before quant. It is very hard to read a lengthy passage when you are completely exhausted. Based on that, my last thought is to get plenty of rest prior to the exam and take full advantage of breaks.

Hope this helps.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Nice one! 90 points increase...should be next to impossible but obviously not!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 237 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
good job!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37296 posts