GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Dec 2018, 13:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Happy Christmas 20% Sale! Math Revolution All-In-One Products!

December 20, 2018

December 20, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

This is the most inexpensive and attractive price in the market. Get the course now!
  • Key Strategies to Master GMAT SC

December 22, 2018

December 22, 2018

07:00 AM PST

09:00 AM PST

Attend this webinar to learn how to leverage Meaning and Logic to solve the most challenging Sentence Correction Questions.

In Kantovia, physicians income comes from insurance

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager
S
Re: In Kantovia, physicians income comes from insurance  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2015, 23:40
Obvious answers that are out : A, C, D
Now between B and E i would choose B.
The argument in question is average amount of time a patient spends with a physician. Option E says its financially beneficial to see as many patients a physician can. We still dont know the average time per patient.
B precisely implies more option to consider====> more time a patient has to spend

Sortem sternit fortem!

Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 590 Q39 V32
GRE 1: Q159 V151

GRE 2: Q159 V153
GPA: 2.9

Show Tags

New post 03 Aug 2016, 09:45
Hey everyone,

I picked Option 'E', for the reason that the argument states that physicians get to spend less time with patients and that the actual time spent at the office is higher. In option 'E' , it states that physicians get to spend very little time (solves 1st condition) and that physicians have to see as many patients as possible. In that case, waiting time increases and therefore patients spend longer duration at the office.

Am I thinking too much.?
Board of Directors
V
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Aug 2016, 09:58
narendran1990 wrote:
Hey everyone,

I picked Option 'E', for the reason that the argument states that physicians get to spend less time with patients and that the actual time spent at the office is higher. In option 'E' , it states that physicians get to spend very little time (solves 1st condition) and that physicians have to see as many patients as possible. In that case, waiting time increases and therefore patients spend longer duration at the office.

Am I thinking too much.?

Why did you assume that there is an increase in waiting time?

Spending 10 mins on one patient and spending 10 mins on 5 patients doesn't increase the average time of patients.

B clearly states that since the number of diagnosis has increased, patients are getting diagnosed for multiple things now.

My GMAT Story: From V21 to V40
My MBA Journey: My 10 years long MBA Dream
My Secret Hacks: Best way to use GMATClub | Importance of an Error Log!
Verbal Resources: All SC Resources at one place | All CR Resources at one place
Blog: Subscribe to Question of the Day Blog
GMAT Club Inbuilt Error Log Functionality - View More.
New Visa Forum - Ask all your Visa Related Questions - here.
New! Best Reply Functionality on GMAT Club!
Find a bug in the new email templates and get rewarded with 2 weeks of GMATClub Tests for free
Check our new About Us Page here.

Director
Director
P
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V33
GMAT 3: 730 Q51 V38
GPA: 4
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2017, 05:24
IMO B is the best option available rest either do nothing or just weaken that physicians are spending more time.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2018, 09:32
could anyone please explain the logic behind option B? I am unable to see how B resolves the paradox. I thought it was oos
Manager
Manager
G
GPA: 3.33
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2018, 10:58
both A and E does not resolve but make the paradox more complex.
C and D are out of scope.
B implies that the time correlates with more new options of treatments.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2018, 12:24
So the discrepancy is: the physicians think that because of the insurance companies policies, physicians are not able to spend enough time with the patients while they actually are spending more time with the patients. Why the disconnect between what they think and what is the reality? Let us look at the options-
A. Patients are more likely to be in a hurry nowadays and are less willing to wait a long time to see their physician. This should rather decrease the time spent. Incorrect.

B. Physicians today typically have a wider range of options in diagnosis and treatment to consider with the patient before prescribing. Probable contender. Keywords: "wider range of options in diagnosis". Focus on "wider". So since they have more range of options for diagnosis and treatment they might be spending more time with patients. Hold.

C. Physicians are increasingly likely to work in group practices, sharing the responsibility of night and weekend work. Gives no information about time spent with patients. Irrelevant. Incorrect.

D. Most patients would rather trust their physicians than their insurance companies to make decisions about their treatment. Again, no information about actual time spent between patients and physicians. Irrelevant. Incorrect.

E. Since the insurance companies pay physicians a set amount for each office visit, it is to physicians’ financial advantage to see as many Patients as possible. This should have rather decreased the time spent. Incorrect.

Hence, B.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: In Kantovia, physicians income comes from insurance &nbs [#permalink] 19 Feb 2018, 12:24

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 27 posts ] 

In Kantovia, physicians income comes from insurance

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap