GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Sep 2018, 19:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

In order to sell a product, one should take the time to use it first a

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Math Expert
V
In order to sell a product, one should take the time to use it first a  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jun 2018, 20:26
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

15% (low)

Question Stats:

71% (01:01) correct 29% (00:33) wrong based on 86 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

In order to sell a product, one should take the time to use it first as doing so will provide a personal experience that one can draw upon while interacting with one's clients.

A. doing so will provide a personal experience that one can draw upon while interacting with one's

B. doing so will provide a personal experience to draw upon while one is interacting with his

C. it provides a personal experience that one can draw upon while interacting with one's

D. doing so will provide a personal experience that one can draw upon while interacting with their

E. it provides a personal experience that can be drawn upon while interacting with one's

New to the Math Forum?
Please read this: Ultimate GMAT Quantitative Megathread | All You Need for Quant | PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW: 12 Rules for Posting!!!

Resources:
GMAT Math Book | Triangles | Polygons | Coordinate Geometry | Factorials | Circles | Number Theory | Remainders; 8. Overlapping Sets | PDF of Math Book; 10. Remainders | GMAT Prep Software Analysis | SEVEN SAMURAI OF 2012 (BEST DISCUSSIONS) | Tricky questions from previous years.

Collection of Questions:
PS: 1. Tough and Tricky questions; 2. Hard questions; 3. Hard questions part 2; 4. Standard deviation; 5. Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions; 6. Probability and Combinations Questions With Solutions; 7 Tough and tricky exponents and roots questions; 8 12 Easy Pieces (or not?); 9 Bakers' Dozen; 10 Algebra set. ,11 Mixed Questions, 12 Fresh Meat

DS: 1. DS tough questions; 2. DS tough questions part 2; 3. DS tough questions part 3; 4. DS Standard deviation; 5. Inequalities; 6. 700+ GMAT Data Sufficiency Questions With Explanations; 7 Tough and tricky exponents and roots questions; 8 The Discreet Charm of the DS; 9 Devil's Dozen!!!; 10 Number Properties set., 11 New DS set.

What are GMAT Club Tests?
Extra-hard Quant Tests with Brilliant Analytics

Manager
Manager
B
Re: In order to sell a product, one should take the time to use it first a  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jun 2018, 20:53
IMO A
Keep "doing so"
"with his" and "with their" mismatch pronouns
Manager
Manager
G
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V41
Re: In order to sell a product, one should take the time to use it first a  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2018, 03:54
I agree that A is correct.

"Doing so" is required to refer correctly to "In order to sell a product, one should take the time to use it". We can't use the pronoun "it" to refer to this clause.

As the sentence gives us the pronoun "one" we need to refer to this form again so we should use the possesive pronoun "one's".

My goal: 700 GMAT score - REACHED :-) | My debrief - first attempt 710 (Q44,V41,IR7)

If I could help you with my answer, consider giving me Kudos

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2018, 06:51
A. doing so will provide a personal experience that //one can draw upon// while interacting with //one's// - nothing seems wrong until we find a better option.

B. doing so will provide a personal experience to draw upon while ((one)) is interacting with ((his)) - one should be followed by one's and not his.

C. ((it)) provides a personal experience that one can draw upon while interacting with one's - pronoun ambiguity. It refers to the product.

D. doing so will provide a personal experience that ((one)) can draw upon while interacting with ((their)) - incorrect. Same as B.

E. ((it)) provides a personal experience that can be drawn upon while interacting with one's - same as B.

Thus, A is best.

Posted from my mobile device
SC Moderator
G
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2018, 11:34
Clear A.

A. doing so will provide a personal experience that one can draw upon while interacting with one's --> Correct

The few, the fearless !

Manager
Manager
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 25 Jun 2018, 10:05
Hello all,

Here is my thought process -

A. doing so will provide a personal experience that one can draw upon while interacting with one's - Seems Correct

B. doing so will provide a personal experience to draw upon while one is interacting with his - Here the pronoun "his" doesn't fit well. It is gender biased. We can reject this option due to an ambiguous pronoun.

C. it provides a personal experience that one can draw upon while interacting with one's - Here the pronoun "it" is used ambiguously. We don't have a clear antecedent for this pronoun and we can't use "it" to represent a clause i.e. "one should take the time to use it first". Rejected.

D. doing so will provide a personal experience that one can draw upon while interacting with their - Here we have a number agreement issue. While we are using "one" in the sentence we are also using "their" which is totally wrong. Rejected.

E. it provides a personal experience that can be drawn upon while interacting with one's - Here the pronoun "it" is an ambiguous pronoun as explained in option C. Rejected.

So, the correct answer is A.
Hope it helps.
Re: In order to sell a product, one should take the time to use it first a &nbs [#permalink] 25 Jun 2018, 10:05

In order to sell a product, one should take the time to use it first a

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap