GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 07 Dec 2019, 01:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

AMA - Insead alum

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
INSEAD Alum
avatar
Joined: 09 Dec 2018
Posts: 3
AMA - Insead alum  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 09 Dec 2018, 08:44
2
Insead alumni who just came across this forum. Had a wonderful time at Insead and would love to help answer questions about the school to prospective students.

A little about me - recent graduate from Insead (within past 3 years). Was a sponsored student from one of the MBBs and deciding between US programs and Insead. Am really glad that I chose to go to Insead. Spent a wonderful year split between Fonty and Singy. Went back to my firm after the MBA and am based in one of the major international offices (think NYC, London, Dubai).

Happy to answer any questions about Insead and my experience!

Posted from my mobile device

This topic is part of the GMATClub School Ambassador Project. For similar topics on other schools, check GMATClub School Ambassador Project

Originally posted by inseadalum on 09 Dec 2018, 07:47.
Last edited by Narenn on 09 Dec 2018, 08:44, edited 1 time in total.
Ambassador link
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 7299
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: AMA - Insead alum  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2018, 08:42
Welcome to the forum and thanks for starting this conversation. Hope INSEAD applicants will take advantage of this opportunity to learn more about INSEAD. Reach out should you need any help on forum.
_________________
2020 MBA Applicants: Introduce Yourself Here!

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
D
Joined: 29 Mar 2011
Posts: 285
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
Re: AMA - Insead alum  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2018, 18:24
inseadalum wrote:
Insead alumni who just came across this forum. Had a wonderful time at Insead and would love to help answer questions about the school to prospective students.

A little about me - recent graduate from Insead (within past 3 years). Was a sponsored student from one of the MBBs and deciding between US programs and Insead. Am really glad that I chose to go to Insead. Spent a wonderful year split between Fonty and Singy. Went back to my firm after the MBA and am based in one of the major international offices (think NYC, London, Dubai).

Happy to answer any questions about Insead and my experience!

Hi there, thanks for doing this.

I am a recent admit to the 20J batch. Have a couple of queries regarding recruitment for consulting firms.
1) In which period do the interviews start?
2) Is it much of an issue not being in the campus close to the region you want to recruit in, especially for consulting? (eg. recruiting for EU out of the Singapore campus or out of an exchange campus in US)
INSEAD Alum
avatar
Joined: 09 Dec 2018
Posts: 3
AMA - Insead alum  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2018, 22:31
nishantd88 wrote:
inseadalum wrote:
Insead alumni who just came across this forum. Had a wonderful time at Insead and would love to help answer questions about the school to prospective students.

A little about me - recent graduate from Insead (within past 3 years). Was a sponsored student from one of the MBBs and deciding between US programs and Insead. Am really glad that I chose to go to Insead. Spent a wonderful year split between Fonty and Singy. Went back to my firm after the MBA and am based in one of the major international offices (think NYC, London, Dubai).

Happy to answer any questions about Insead and my experience!

Hi there, thanks for doing this.

I am a recent admit to the 20J batch. Have a couple of queries regarding recruitment for consulting firms.
1) In which period do the interviews start?
2) Is it much of an issue not being in the campus close to the region you want to recruit in, especially for consulting? (eg. recruiting for EU out of the Singapore campus or out of an exchange campus in US)


Congrats!

1) Consulting recruitment mostly happens in P4, with a small number spilling over into P5.

2) Officially, it's not an issue at all provided you fufill language requirements and explain why the particular region. But a consideration I'll factor in is most R2 interviews are at the office which selected you, so practically it is better to be closer to the region you're interested in for logistical reasons. Have seen interviewees flying 12 hours for a interview and being negativily affected by fatigue/jet lag.
INSEAD School Moderator
User avatar
S
Joined: 30 Oct 2018
Posts: 143
Location: Singapore
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Re: AMA - Insead alum  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2018, 04:50
inseadalum wrote:
nishantd88 wrote:
inseadalum wrote:
Insead alumni who just came across this forum. Had a wonderful time at Insead and would love to help answer questions about the school to prospective students.

A little about me - recent graduate from Insead (within past 3 years). Was a sponsored student from one of the MBBs and deciding between US programs and Insead. Am really glad that I chose to go to Insead. Spent a wonderful year split between Fonty and Singy. Went back to my firm after the MBA and am based in one of the major international offices (think NYC, London, Dubai).

Happy to answer any questions about Insead and my experience!

Hi there, thanks for doing this.

I am a recent admit to the 20J batch. Have a couple of queries regarding recruitment for consulting firms.
1) In which period do the interviews start?
2) Is it much of an issue not being in the campus close to the region you want to recruit in, especially for consulting? (eg. recruiting for EU out of the Singapore campus or out of an exchange campus in US)


Congrats!

1) Consulting recruitment mostly happens in P4, with a small number spilling over into P5.

2) Officially, it's not an issue at all provided you fufill language requirements and explain why the particular region. But a consideration I'll factor in is most R2 interviews are at the office which selected you, so practically it is better to be closer to the region you're interested in for logistical reasons. Have seen interviewees flying 12 hours for a interview and being negativily affected by fatigue/jet lag.


Thanks for sharing! That’s really useful. Can you share if any recruiting is done in P3, if at all? I am aiming to head to Fonty but as a singaporean, I am unsure if I should do fonty or singy for P3. Cheers!

Posted from my mobile device
INSEAD Alum
avatar
Joined: 09 Dec 2018
Posts: 3
Re: AMA - Insead alum  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2018, 18:23
1
Hideto wrote:
Thanks for sharing! That’s really useful. Can you share if any recruiting is done in P3, if at all? I am aiming to head to Fonty but as a singaporean, I am unsure if I should do fonty or singy for P3. Cheers!

Posted from my mobile device


On campus recruitment only starts in P4, so P3 location doesn't matter unless you're trying to do some networking or targetting non-OCR roles.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Sep 2012
Posts: 2
Re: AMA - Insead alum  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2019, 11:12
Hi,

Thank you for this.

I was wondering how work responsibilities and company’s approach differ at MBB for an mba grad coming from a non-consulting background in comparison to your profile?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 16 Mar 2018
Posts: 16
Location: Singapore
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.87
Re: AMA - Insead alum  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2019, 00:17
2
acan99670 wrote:
Hi,

Thank you for this.

I was wondering how work responsibilities and company’s approach differ at MBB for an mba grad coming from a non-consulting background in comparison to your profile?

Posted from my mobile device


Hi acan99670

Work responsibilities at MBB remain the same no matter which company and what your background is. A vast majority of new MBB recruits come from non-consulting backgrounds so they have designed great training and mentorship programs that will get you skill-ed up with the consulting toolkit in the first few months of your job

The company's approach towards training and skill-ing you up will depend on the culture of the company. Bain has a different style v/s McK for e.g. But overall the essentials will remain the same - problem solving, structured communication (written and oral), client engagement and team collaboration.
_________________
-
- Abhinay (INSEAD MBA Class of 2017 Dec)

I was in your shoes a couple of years ago when I needed MBA Admissions Consulting services and guidance from current students and alumni but always faced the problem of either the admissions consultants being too expensive to afford or not knowing the right student/alumnus from my target school who can guide me. I graduated recently in Dec 2017 from INSEAD and realized that this needs to change and democratizing the consulting process makes much more sense. This is why I have started Easy MBA Admit - An Admissions Consulting service for the people, by the people. Why should you be interested? Here's why:

1. The most affordable admissions consulting service with services starting at $100 (mostly to cover operational expenses) - because we believe more in paying it forward and helping future MBA aspirants rather than making huge profits.

2. All services offered by recent alumni/current students from top B Schools like INSEAD, LBS, CBS, Kellogg, Stern, IESE, Wharton, etc. motivated by goodwill and who were in your shoes not too long ago and hence know how best to position your application.

3. Proud to say that so far we have had a 100% success record at placing aspirants in their target schools. Examples include INSEAD, LBS, IESE, HEC Paris, CBS, Wharton, Kellogg, Stern, NUS, NTU and more

4. Get your Free Intro Call (https://www.easymbaadmit.com/services-1/free-intro-call) with no obligations attached. If you do book any of our services we have a money back guarantee in case you don't like the service.


Website - https://www.easymbaadmit.com
Email - easymbaadmit@gmail.com
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Mar 2019
Posts: 5
Location: Canada
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.52
WE: Information Technology (Aerospace and Defense)
Reviews Badge
Re: AMA - Insead alum  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2019, 08:39
Hi,

I would like to ask a question about the exchange to Wharton/ other schools. Do most people choose to exchange in P4 or P5? Since you mentioned that most on-campus recruitment events occur in P4, is it better to choose to exchange in P5?

Many Thanks!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Mar 2019
Posts: 2
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
Re: AMA - Insead alum  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2019, 23:34
Hi there,

thank you all for offering advice to all prospective INSEADers!

I also have a question: which campus, if any, is more preferable in P4 for recruitment in consulting roles in Dubai?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Apr 2019
Posts: 6
Re: AMA - Insead alum  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jun 2019, 00:01
How stringent is the language requirement? I'm a native English speaker and speak two other languages at home. I'm concerned about the reading/writing portion of the language exam.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Nov 2012
Posts: 6
Re: AMA - Insead alum  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2019, 02:37
Have a couple of queries regarding recruitment for investment banking, mainly in London and HK.

1) In which period do the interviews for summer internships start?
2) When do full-time interviews start and offers arrive?
3) Finally, post-graduation, When do full-time IBD jobs start in LND/HK?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Jul 2019
Posts: 9
Re: AMA - Insead alum  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2019, 04:06
Some great questions asked above - bump
GMAT Club Bot
Re: AMA - Insead alum   [#permalink] 04 Aug 2019, 04:06
Display posts from previous: Sort by

AMA - Insead alum

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: MBAPrepCoach, Hideto






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne