Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:17 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Schools:INSEAD- D '11 Class
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Engineering - Logistics
Schools:INSEAD - Jan 2011
Send PM
Re: INSEAD - Dec '11 waitlist [#permalink]
JZHANG2008 wrote:
Everyone, I am in a really chipper mood today cuz it's my birthday. :0)

Happy B-day! I hope you'll get a nice present, like a phone call... :lol:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
JZHANG2008 wrote:
Good morning, everyone!

Everyone, I am in a really chipper mood today cuz it's my birthday. :0) It has been really cool getting to know you guys on this forum. Let's hang in there. Hoepfully a few of us will get to go to INSEAD. And the rest of us can rely on each other's support in deciding which plan b to pursue.

Thanks for all of your input and support. I don't know how I would have managed being on the wait-list without our little community!

JZ

Hey Happy Birthday!!!
I hope you have a fun day.

Sorry haven't joined in the discussion. Felt really sad about INSEAD, and was on vacation. Now back on track-ish.

You know if I would collate all the details as posted here, most of our GMAT scores are in the 670-710 levels. Maybe GMAT was one of the criteria. Or at least for me, it seems like it.
Send PM
Hey everyone. How are you doing? I took the past few days off so that I can come up with plan b. I've been sitting here chatting with my parents over glasses of pinot noir. Maybe it's the buzz but I think I might consider applying to LBS and/or Judge/Said. I think LBS tends to attract similar crowd of applicants in comparison to INSEAD. What do you think? Also, do you think Judge/Said is less competve than INSEAD? To be honest, I don't know much about Judge or Said so I guess I have to read up on them.

Have any of you applied to LBS, Judge or Said? I look forward to your thoughts.

Cheers!

JZ
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:INSEAD- WL, IE - Apr 2011
Send PM
Hey guys, any idea about IE business school in Madrid? I am a bit skeptical about going to Spain, but this one seems pretty good.
Is anyone also planning to apply to Asian schools (HKUST, NUS, ISB et al)?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hsourabh wrote:
Hey guys, any idea about IE business school in Madrid? I am a bit skeptical about going to Spain, but this one seems pretty good.
Is anyone also planning to apply to Asian schools (HKUST, NUS, ISB et al)?

I've considered IE (as well as IESE), but I the lack of "real" international exposure is a major drawback. And Spain doesn't look that good these days...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:<strong>INSEAD (Starting Jan 2011)</strong>
 Q48  V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
I just had the most annoying phone call this morning. At 5am, there was a call from an international number - I didn't wake up but I saw the missed call afterwards. I noticed the country code was 65, which then put me into a state of wondering whether INSEAD Singapore campus called. I tried calling the number back but no answer.

Do any of you know whether INSEAD only calls on weekdays? And is it only the Fonty campus that calls? I recall that all admissions are centralized in Fonty, but would like to know everyone's thoughts.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
HankScorpio wrote:
Do any of you know whether INSEAD only calls on weekdays? And is it only the Fonty campus that calls? I recall that all admissions are centralized in Fonty, but would like to know everyone's thoughts.

It seems to me INSEAD only calls from Fonty. Any news on your side?
Send PM
Hey everyone. How's everyone been doing? It sounds like R1 deposit deadline is around the corner so maybe there will be some movement off the waitlist?

Anyway, hang in there.

JZ
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Schools:LBS (dinged), INSEAD (Jan.2011)
Send PM
JZHANG2008 wrote:
Hey everyone. How's everyone been doing? It sounds like R1 deposit deadline is around the corner so maybe there will be some movement off the waitlist?

Anyway, hang in there.

JZ

Yes the deposit deadline is tomorrow so we will probably see some withdrawls in the whole people pool on MBA Connect. I will keep you posted if there are significant changes.
Current Student
 Q48  V38
Send PM
Rakham wrote:
It seems to me INSEAD only calls from Fonty. Any news on your side?

No news. Eagerly waiting for next week... hope a few of us are lucky in getting off the waitlist.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Still nothing... Any new guys on the waitlist?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
No news unfortunately :(((

For those of you who are in the same boat, this is my situation: I am admitted by IE and I am due to pay the deposit by the end of this week, this after they kindly agreed to give me about two-week extension. Of course I can prolong this a bit more but it would put at risk my chances to start with the next intake - Nov 2010.

As I see it, the chances of big moves on the wait list at the moment are small. In my opinion INSEAD first processes R2 applications and then they decide on waitlisters. But I don't have the time to wait for them. Therefore, I have decided to wait until the end of this week to see if I am lucky enough :) and if not - I am going to IE. Of course I plan to write to my admin coordinator first.

Your inputs will be highly appreciated :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
pipi wrote:
No news unfortunately :(((

As I see it, the chances of big moves on the wait list at the moment are small. In my opinion INSEAD first processes R2 applications and then they decide on waitlisters. But I don't have the time to wait for them. Therefore, I have decided to wait until the end of this week to see if I am lucky enough :) and if not - I am going to IE. Of course I plan to write to my admin coordinator first.

Your inputs will be highly appreciated :)

I think you're doing the right thing. In fact, I expect an answer from INSEAD only after R3 is finished (pessimistic or down to earth, you choose) I hope you'll get an answer soon!
Current Student
 Q48  V38
Send PM
pipi wrote:
As I see it, the chances of big moves on the wait list at the moment are small. In my opinion INSEAD first processes R2 applications and then they decide on waitlisters.

So, based on that opinion (which I'll try to justify below with my logic), here are the approx dates we should be looking at for most movement:

2nd Round processing done - Aug 23-27
3rd Round processing done - Oct 4-Oct 8

My guesstimate is that the processing of all interview results are complete the week prior to the notification of the final decision. I think that is fair given that most interview results are requested to be completed 3 weeks prior to the decision notification (some exceptions exist of course due to difficulty finding interviewers and other issues).

My general guess for D11 is that students will likely accept the offer if they're given one as other other schools aren't near the application cycle, so for the most part applicants aren't deciding between INSEAD and other schools that have accepted them. Also, I have noticed J12 now only has 3 rounds, so INSEAD is probably receiving more matriculates than prior years and does not need to waste resources on a 4th round.

Any thoughts on my thesis? I scanned through a few previous rounds of applicants, but didn't find much data on WL movement. I'm just trying to come up with dates so I know when to withdraw from the WL and apply to J12.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Schools:LBS (dinged), INSEAD (Jan.2011)
Send PM
Just some short info from my side. Now that the payment deadline for Installment 1 was due last friday there seems to be only 6 withdrawls so far. I would have expected a much bigger number...
Current Student
 Q48  V38
Send PM
stk wrote:
Just some short info from my side. Now that the payment deadline for Installment 1 was due last friday there seems to be only 6 withdrawls so far. I would have expected a much bigger number...

I think that confirms a lot of our suspicions - that there won't be much movement in the waitlist, especially for deposits. The Dxx rounds tend to compete a lot less with the top US based schools and LBS - from what little I could find in the forums, it's usually people waiting to hear from INSEAD while they already have an accept elsewhere. I even saw one nailbiting scenario of someone deciding not to pay their LBS deposit and then finally ending up on the INSEAD waitlist.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Typically, Class of December doesn't have too many withdrawals as the session is not in sync with mst of other top business schools. Only Columbia J-Term, IMD and INSEAD have a program starting in January.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13