Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:28 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Cranfield SOM
 Q46  V40
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:INSEAD, HEC
 Q43  V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: General Management
Schools:LBS, INSEAD, IMD
 Q47  V44
Send PM
Re: INSEAD Jan 2010 intake [#permalink]
I submitted my application for round 1, but it seems my transcripts (diploma and translation) have not yet arrived by the deadline yesterday midnight. Does anyone know if there are chances that the application will be processed in round 1 or if there is no tolerance?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Send PM
Elderas wrote:
I submitted my application for round 1, but it seems my transcripts (diploma and translation) have not yet arrived by the deadline yesterday midnight. Does anyone know if there are chances that the application will be processed in round 1 or if there is no tolerance?

If they havent received by 11.59 pm CET, it goes to round 2.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi there!

I've just submitted my application for R1 (on 9/3)!! fingers crossed, for everybody! :)

I live in Singapore and had a chance to visit the campus here. It was really cool.
Very new and modern infrastructure, the students there had all very different profiles, coming from around the world, real smart ppl i found. They were really open and helpful, giving some good tips and advices.
During the session we also had a sort of short class with one of their professors, he was really impressive, great speaker, great intensity, the type of guy that really captures your attention and creates a real interaction with the class. I was really impressed!

It also seems that the school is putting extra efforts in developing entrepreneurship programs and initiatives, something they want to differentiate with I understand...

My 2cents
Keep in touch
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 104 [0]
Send PM
Did you get any informationabout the placements this year. On their website they still have last year's placement information.

thnks,
Intern
Intern
 Q47  V44
Send PM
received interview invite today.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Elderas wrote:

Hi Elderas

Congrats. Great. Can you share your profile.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Finance
Schools:INSEAD Dec'10
 Q48  V47
Send PM
Elderas wrote:

Do they call or send an e-mail?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone else received invites? How do they communicate?

Regards,

JKF
Intern
Intern
 Q47  V44
Send PM
The send an email with the interview invite.

My brief profile is: 5 years consulting, 740 GMAT, computer science background
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:LBS '11
Send PM
Congrats Elderas! Good luck on your upcoming interviews!

From my experience in R1 for 9/09, it seems that INSEAD frequently sends interview invites early, several weeks before the notification deadline even. So there should still be more invites coming through in the next 1-2 weeks...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 62
Schools:Cornell University - The Johnson School
Send PM
Hi Everyone!

I'm following this thread with keen interest. I plan to apply this fall for the September 2010 intake.

Does anyone know how INSEAD views older candidates? I spoke to admissions about my age and was told that "age is not an eliminating factor." I'm not sure I believe that especially after reading some chats from a couple of years ago where adcom stated that 35 was the cutoff. Thoughts anyone?

Nerdboy, I think I remember that you plan to go into real estate finance. Have you worked in real estate before or is this a new career for you? I too am interested in real estate finance and working in Europe. I am American, have a law degree and I am currently obtaining a Masters degree in Real Estate. Are you thinking private equity or commercial lending?

Good luck to everyone.
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V47
Send PM
Franklin wrote:
Nerdboy, I think I remember that you plan to go into real estate finance. Have you worked in real estate before or is this a new career for you? I too am interested in real estate finance and working in Europe. I am American, have a law degree and I am currently obtaining a Masters degree in Real Estate. Are you thinking private equity or commercial lending?

Well, I have experience in real estate finance, from the commercial lending side. Currently the sector is in such a sorry state, I cannot recommend this career path for you. Contrary to what many are saying, distressed asset deals are not that sweet and definitely not pleasant to work on. I hope to be able to switch to infrastructure or energy.

EDIT: 2009 is not going to be the worst year for commercial real estate in Europe, 2010 or 2011 will beat it for sure.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 62
Schools:Cornell University - The Johnson School
Send PM
Nerdboy wrote:
Franklin wrote:

Well, I have experience in real estate finance, from the commercial lending side. Currently the sector is in such a sorry state, I cannot recommend this career path for you. Contrary to what many are saying, distressed asset deals are not that sweet and definitely not pleasant to work on. I hope to be able to switch to infrastructure or energy.

EDIT: 2009 is not going to be the worst year for commercial real estate in Europe, 2010 or 2011 will beat it for sure.

Not to derail this thread but I totally agree with you Nerdboy. Here in the U.S. it is just as bad if not worse. This year alone there will be $250 billion of commercial and multifamily mortgages maturing. Then in 2010 and 2011 there is a whopping $594 billion in commercial loans and $220 billion in multifamily mortgages scheduled to mature. The problem is the debt markets are dead and IF they make a miraculous turnaround there still may not be enough new lending capacity to absorb all the maturing loans. Adding to the complexity of the issue, in 2004 we saw the deterioration of underwriting standards here in the U.S.

Someone was telling me the other day that the U.S. will be out of this recession by the end of this year. I laughed and told him that we have yet to hit bottom if the commercial mortgage situation isn't resolved. It may be an ugly couple of years. :(

So what made you choose INSEAD's January intake? Was it for the internship opportunity since you are switching gears somewhat?
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V47
Send PM
Franklin wrote:

So what made you choose INSEAD's January intake? Was it for the internship opportunity since you are switching gears somewhat?

Internship opportunity, mostly. But really, it was the most convenient R1 deadline after my GMAT test date.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Consulting
 Q48  V38
Send PM
Hey all,

My first post on this topic, planning to apply to INSEAD for Jan 2010 too.

Where/how do you submit the photo? Does this option show only once you've submitted the main application? Are there any specific size requirements to submit the photo?

Thanks and good luck to all.
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V47
Send PM
Once you submit the pdf applciation form you get an e-mail with a link. There you can upload the photo and pay the application fee with your credit card. I don't remember the size requirements, but I had a fairly standard-sized jpeg and it was fine.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Consulting
 Q48  V38
Send PM
Nerdboy wrote:
Once you submit the pdf applciation form you get an e-mail with a link. There you can upload the photo and pay the application fee with your credit card. I don't remember the size requirements, but I had a fairly standard-sized jpeg and it was fine.

Thanks Nerdboy!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9