Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 18:12 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 18:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: entrepreneurship
Schools:INSEAD (Accepted 11J)
 Q45  V42
WE 1: 4 yrs Fortune 500
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink]
cjanoam wrote:
I have applied for Jan 2011 R2 and have send the documents by INDIAPOST snail mail on 14 May 10. is there any way of knowing if they have received the docs by mail. Or should I just courier a set? Also, where is the interview taken? tHANKS

I sent mine by mail also. After the round ends they will send you an email from your coordinator letting you know that your application is complete or not.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
artgirl wrote:
kruizer, Most probably we had the same interviewer :wink:

Guess we'll know this week if the outcome is correlated too :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:INSEAD: Waitlisted Jan 2010, Interview invite Jan 2011.
WE 1: Banking
Send PM
So what's everyone doing to kill time and ease out the waiting game? I for one am definitely not able to concentrate on work! :? last 5 days
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
rishiphadke wrote:
So what's everyone doing to kill time and ease out the waiting game? I for one am definitely not able to concentrate on work! :? last 5 days

browsing gmatclub forums?

but honestly i'm in the same boat... cant concentrate at all... good thing the markets are keeping the clients out for the time being

theres always retail therapy to ease the wait... haha
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Crezence wrote:
rishiphadke wrote:

but honestly i'm in the same boat... cant concentrate at all... good thing the markets are keeping the clients out for the time being

I've heard that admits get confirmed 3 days before the deadline. So does that mean tomorrow or wednesday? (do we count the deadline date?) :?:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am also looking for RD1....any one in california?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:HBS - Class of 2012, INSEAD,
 Q50  V42
Send PM
rishiphadke wrote:
Crezence wrote:
rishiphadke wrote:

I've heard that admits get confirmed 3 days before the deadline. So does that mean tomorrow or wednesday? (do we count the deadline date?) :?:

Round 2 - Sept 2010 intake, it started 3 days before the deadline, including the deadline date. So that would be wednesday. I got my call at 8:30, so don't plan to sleep in late. :P
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Suker wrote:
rishiphadke wrote:

Round 2 - Sept 2010 intake, it started 3 days before the deadline, including the deadline date. So that would be wednesday. I got my call at 8:30, so don't plan to sleep in late. :P

thanks - what time zone are you in?
Current Student
 Q50  V42
Send PM
rishiphadke wrote:
Suker wrote:
rishiphadke wrote:

thanks - what time zone are you in?

Fontainebleu timezone. ;-)

They tailor their call-time to your timezone. So no worries, unless you're in a different country than what you listed as place of residence, INSEAD shouldn't wake you up at 4 am either. So, try to relax and enjoy the coming night(s). As of like wednesday 8-ish local time, you can get a bit more stressed. :)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:INSEAD
 Q49  V34
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Suker wrote:
rishiphadke wrote:

Wow, so the final result is coming by a phone call? I thought it was by email. :!:
Current Student
 Q50  V42
Send PM
sakura wrote:
Suker wrote:
rishiphadke wrote:

Wow, so the final result is coming by a phone call? I thought it was by email. :!:

In 90 percent of the cases, phonecall followed by email a few hours/days later.in rare cases, email before phonecall.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance, projects
Schools:INSEAD - dinged; IE-admit; ISB - admit; IIMB-admit; SPJain- admit; IIM C- Admit, IIM A - Dinged after interview. Finally joining IIM B
GMAT 2: 680 GMAT 3: 720
GPA: 3.7
WE 1: 3
WE 2: 2
WE 3: 2
Send PM
SM 332/Manager/VP or any body else with an insight on this.

when we say INSEAD gives importance to diversity / variety. Do we mean one needs to have > 1 country or one company experience. I have a & + yr experience in same company's different arms. Does this weaken my position.

Also any input on how much time one should ideally spend on essays and no of proofreads from different people.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance, projects
Schools:INSEAD - dinged; IE-admit; ISB - admit; IIMB-admit; SPJain- admit; IIM C- Admit, IIM A - Dinged after interview. Finally joining IIM B
GMAT 2: 680 GMAT 3: 720
GPA: 3.7
WE 1: 3
WE 2: 2
WE 3: 2
Send PM
can some of you Pro- applicants guide me " what docs need to be sent in hard copy" i believe only transcripts
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Schools:INSEAD- D '11 Class
Send PM
Hi, Meghash.

In terms of international diversity, I think INSEAD looks for applicants who have had exposures to working with people from different cultural backgrounds or living in different countries. If you've worked in different countries or lived in different countries, you should be fine. Or even if you haven't worked or lived abroad, if you can articulate a logical reason why you want to pursue an international career, I think you should also be fine.

In terms of essay prep, I think you should set aside at least 1-2 months for drafting and writing the essays. I think it's important to have someone who is not familiar with your work and industry but who is familiar with your personality to read your essays.

And lastly, in regards to the documents you must send via mail to INSEAD, I recommend you read the application checklist. I recall that I sent a certified copy of my undergraduate transcript and maybe diploma.

Best of luck to you.

JZ
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Schools:INSEAD- D '11 Class
Send PM
Kudos
Hi, everyone. I thought I'd post a joke to ease our tensions:

"A man was in the restaurant yesterday when he suddenly realized that he desperately
needed to pass gas. The music was really, really loud, so he timed his
gas with the beat of the music.

After a couple of songs, he started to feel better. He finished his coffee,
and noticed that everybody was staring at him...

Then he suddenly remembered that he was listening to his iPod."

JZ
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Thanks JZ. Thats exactly what I needed. Good luck to all.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
db66460 wrote:
Thanks JZ. Thats exactly what I needed. Good luck to all.

Well everyone should enjoy tomorrow, the last day of calmness.. (relatively) the one good thing is that INSEAD is a boom boom boom, 3 days and we're done.. If it was kellogg it would be like, trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..

I think kellogg must be run by the chinese.. Chinese water torture..
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  23   24   25   26   27   28   29  ...  70