Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 10:24 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted & ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
 Q47  V40 GMAT 2: 710  Q45  V42
GPA: 3.8
WE 1: 3.5yrs as a Strategy Consultant - Big 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
 Q49  V47
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
 Q49  V47
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: INSEAD Sep 2010 Intake [#permalink]
I've done my two interviews already and are a bit nervous. The thing is my Oxford phone interview is on the 26th which is the date that INSEAD will release its decisions. I hope I'm not gonna get a ding or waitlist from INSEAD before I start my phone interview.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools:USC(CGSM), NYU(Int), Texas(CGSM), Ross(CGSM), LBS(Int), Kellogg(Int,JDMBA)
Send PM
Does anyone know how competitive R3 is for INSEAD? I was trying to make the Feb 10th deadline, but was inundated with work. Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Concentration: International Business
Schools:Attending IE Nov 2010
 Q46  V44
WE 1: 11 years int'l work experience
Send PM
I applied for R1 Jan 2011, but I sent my app in early Feb. They emailed me to confirm that they had received my R3 Sept app. I told them they were mistaken, but I would probably rather start earlier anyway. Only later did I realize how much more competitive R3 is. Well, we'll see!

Anyone gotten any interview invites for R3 of Sept 2010?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:HBS - Class of 2012, INSEAD,
 Q50  V42
Send PM
Jones105 wrote:
I applied for R1 Jan 2011, but I sent my app in early Feb. They emailed me to confirm that they had received my R3 Sept app. I told them they were mistaken, but I would probably rather start earlier anyway. Only later did I realize how much more competitive R3 is. Well, we'll see!

Anyone gotten any interview invites for R3 of Sept 2010?

The first interview invites for round 3 should have been sent out yesterday or today. :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I applied for R3 and recieved an interview invitation today. Good luck to everyone.
Manager
Manager
Schools:USC(CGSM), NYU(Int), Texas(CGSM), Ross(CGSM), LBS(Int), Kellogg(Int,JDMBA)
Send PM
Anyone have the gall to apply R4? My recs were sent months ago, but I am still unsure as to whether I'd pick a one year program over a two year program such as LBS. I am still however thinking about it. Anyone hear anything about R4 chances? Also, if I am in fact admitted to LBS would any of you state that in your optional essay if you were to apply R4?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
JoeMahmah wrote:
Anyone have the gall to apply R4? My recs were sent months ago, but I am still unsure as to whether I'd pick a one year program over a two year program such as LBS. I am still however thinking about it. Anyone hear anything about R4 chances? Also, if I am in fact admitted to LBS would any of you state that in your optional essay if you were to apply R4?

Would you concider applying to Jan 2011? it would be better than R4.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I would have loved to apply R1 in retrospect, but my recommendations have already been sent. I do not want to bother my recommenders anymore. As a fellow Bruin, do you have any advice regarding whether you would mention a competing offer (say, LBS) if you had stats similar to mine (slightly below average) and were applying R4? Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks for the advice! I think I will sit tight for now and see what happens with LBS before proceeding with the application. I already have written the essays so its literally a matter of 1 day of work plus the application fee. Thanks again!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dear all
I just wanted some of your inputs because I am a bit worried.
My husband is applying to several MBA's including 3 american B Schools, LBS and Insead.
He scored 720 / 5 to Gmat
118 to Toefl
He has 5 years of experience during which he had a good progression, including notably the remplacement of his boss and the remplacement of the boss of his boss in a large oil related company. His responsibilities are very international.

The reason why I worry is that he is French and although his responsibilities have always been worldwide, he has always been based in his home country. I was wondering if this would really penilize his application ? Insead has always been his favorite one for the international aspect of it. He spent so much time on this project that I really hope he will succeed.

What do you think?
Intern
Intern
Schools:SBS, Oxford, INSEAD
 Q36  V27 GMAT 2: 700  Q46  V41
WE 1: 7yrs own business
Send PM
Hi! I had applied in r3 in INSEAD and am waiting for a resonse after the interviews. Has anyone heard from them yet? Are there any other R3 applicants in this forum, pl let me know since I am gowing nervous by teh day. I already have an accept from SBS but am really keen on Insead.
Although one of my interviews went really well and the alumnus said he shall definately reccomend me, the other one was very formal and I cannot say what to read out of it. Any R2 or R1 rejects/ accepts.... Can you tell me about your interview experiences?

Originally posted by tutu on 01 Apr 2010, 23:42.
Last edited by tutu on 01 May 2010, 06:35, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted & ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
 Q47  V40 GMAT 2: 710  Q45  V42
GPA: 3.8
WE 1: 3.5yrs as a Strategy Consultant - Big 4
Send PM
tutu wrote:
Hi! I had applied in r3 in INSEAD and am waiting for a resonse after the interviews. Has anyone heard from them yet? Are there any other R3 applicants in this forum, pl let me know since I am gowing nervous by teh day. I already have an accept from SBS but am really keen on Insead.
Although one of my interviews went really well and the alumnus said he shall definately reccomend me, the other one was very formal and stiff upper lipped and I cannot say what to read out of it. Any R2 or R1 rejects/ accepts.... Can you tell me about your interview experiences?

you may want to read through the entire thread -- I have my interview writeup there as well.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 137 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Corp Fin
Schools:Ross (R2), Cornell (R3) , UNC (R3) , INSEAD (R1 Jan)
 Q44  V42 GMAT 2: 710  Q47  V40
GPA: 1.87
WE 1: Advisory (2 yrs)
WE 2: FP & Analysis (2 yrs at matriculation)
Send PM
*bump*

Can one of the mods perhaps start a roll call if/when they get a chance? Might be easier to keep track of what's happening given that interview invites should start rolling in any day now.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
ariel wrote:
*bump*

Can one of the mods perhaps start a roll call if/when they get a chance? Might be easier to keep track of what's happening given that interview invites should start rolling in any day now.

Hey didn't you apply for the January intake?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 137 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Corp Fin
Schools:Ross (R2), Cornell (R3) , UNC (R3) , INSEAD (R1 Jan)
 Q44  V42 GMAT 2: 710  Q47  V40
GPA: 1.87
WE 1: Advisory (2 yrs)
WE 2: FP & Analysis (2 yrs at matriculation)
Send PM
GoBruins wrote:
ariel wrote:
*bump*

Hey didn't you apply for the January intake?

Yes I did, sorry I'm losing it - wrong thread. Thanks for catching that, GoBruins!
Intern
Intern
Schools:SBS, Oxford, INSEAD
 Q36  V27 GMAT 2: 700  Q46  V41
WE 1: 7yrs own business
Send PM
Has anyone got a call after interviews at Insead in R3?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:HBS - Class of 2012, INSEAD,
 Q50  V42
Send PM
I decided to go to HBS and just informed INSEAD that I won't join the July 2011 class. I hope that one of you guys is the lucky one that gets my spot.

Best of luck guys
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11