Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:09 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Re: INSEAD September 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
Psiga wrote:
Had my interview at the office of my interviewer. The initial questions surrounded my essays as the interviewer asked me to send my essays to her. She drove into specific points on my essays and asked for clarification or expansion. Often these questions resorted in additional questions on my perspective on something - for example: 1) Discuss a professional situation that didn't align with my moral standing - what did I do? This led to a conversation about companies acting ethically, so she asked 2) Do you think companies are held to a higher ethical standard than individuals? Other questions included (these are the ones I can remember): Tell me about a culture shock you experienced professionally? Tell me about a time when someone refused to understand your rationalization? What have you learned about the difference between management and leadership?

The interview lasted 75 minutes and while pleasant, felt like I was being challenged on every answer provided. Occasionally the interviewer would answer her own question first and then look to me to provide my answer (bit of a bizarre interview tactic as it leads the candidate).

I finished my second interview yesterday. It was in a coffee shop and lasted just under an hour. It was a laid back conversation and she covered why INSEAD, why an MBA and some details about the type of consulting that I do. Quite a contrast to the first experience - so I would agree that my experience was also "good cop" "bad cop". Both interviewers said they would submit their 'report' to INSEAD within 48 hours.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hello,

I had my final interview yesterday at the interviewer's office.
I do confirm that it seems there is a good and bad cop.
Yesterday the interviewer was nice but questionned me a lot, and made sure I totally answer to his questions.
He just asked me, why an mba, which other schools did you apply to? and I presented my past experiences, my volunteerng projects....
it lasted 1h30 (again !) but I am a kind of person who speaks a lot, and I also spent some time asking questions to my interviewer.

I did not have any feedback, but he told me that his company is a great one and if I would like to do management, I should apply.

So I will see, no idea if the interviewers will recommend me, but I think that the hardest part is starting: waiting.... and May 31 seems to be soooo far away...
Good luck to all of you...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: HEC Paris - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.35
WE:Information Technology (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Kudos
Hey guys,

Have you considered HEC Paris as an alternative? I mean if you have been accepted already then of course INSEAD is an amazing option but I think HEC Paris offers an interesting proposition and I would definitely recommend it as a European option if INSEAD or LBS seem hard to crack. Fees are 12K less (48000€) and a scholarship of up to 24K, for good candidates that would have realistic hopes of admission to INSEAD, would not be hard to get, lowering the total cost of fees down to 24K! HEC is considered to be the best business school ever in France (due to its Masters program and not the MBA in particular but the brand is strong nonetheless throughout Europe as can also be seen in FT European business school rankings). Furthermore, the HEC MBA has been revamped in 2012 with the help of Bain & Company and also is housed in a brand new building and should be going up in the rankings in the next few years as it is actively aiming to stand in the top 3 MBA programs in Europe and top 10 in the world. Finally, there are some interesting double degree options, for example you can do 10 months at HEC (for reduced 36K tuition) and 9 months at MIT Sloan and get two degrees (an MBA from HEC and an MSMS from MIT). So, if you have not looked into it seriously, I suggest you do. I am a big INSEAD fan but I think HEC should at least be your #1 backup choice.

Good luck with your results and studies!

P.S. their admissions process is the fastest there is (many admission deadlines throughout the year, couple of weeks for preselection decision and couple of weeks for final decision after the interviews), about 5-6 weeks all together I think.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
Ducksworth wrote:
Update:

Total: 449 (283 F, 166 S)

Lebabon: 9 (8 F, 1 S)
Philippines: 4 (2 F, 2 S)
USA: 52 (36 F, 16 S)

Lucky Duck!! Whats up.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 670 Q41 V41
GPA: 3
WE:Business Development (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
TwoTimesTheCharm wrote:
I did NOT have the bad cop/good cop experience during Round 2.

However, both my interviewers asked very different questions. The first was much more typical (3 the Why's, long-term goals, my background, etc...). The second one, however, asked me some unusual/tough questions. I hit it off with both of them. I did not feel like one was purposely being the "bad" guy.

Maybe the "good cop bad cop" is a poor way to label the approach -- it's clear that the two interviews are designed to filter, 1) poor fits for the class (socially - hense the laid back coffees/dinners) 2) weak candidates for future jobs (and the more intense, pressure-oriented interview process that accompanies them).

and quite frankly, I think it's pretty smart -- especially given that they only have 1 year to "mold" a student
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Ducksworth wrote:
Historically, INSEAD has enrolled in each class roughly 300 in Fonty and 200 in Singy. Now, all admitted candidates have access to the intranet where you can check who has been admitted. So far there are 281 accepted to Fonty and 166 to Singy. These numbers have been changing over the last weeks which I guess is due to people confirming their place (or not) by paying a deposit.

Now, it is true that in recent batches there were enrolled about 550, rather than 500, probably due to a higher yield. If that were true again, and the 60/40 split is respected, it would mean there would be 50 places for Fonty and 55 for Singy (rather than 20/35 as I wrote earlier) but given the overcrowding complaints I have read everywhere, I am not sure this trend will continue.

Thanks Ducksworth. That's a fairly comprehensive answer!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.88
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
rialtmann wrote:
I am DYING! Please just let it happen soon!!

I read that you were DING forgot the Y !!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
Send PM
Kudos
i have been in touch with admissions (had to change contact data) and in their answer they said that they'll be in touch with me next week for the final decision. so i don't think you should expect anything today.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [1]
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V38
Send PM
Kudos
GT399 wrote:
hey guys, been following you guys for a couple of days now..

i wonder if final decision date has anything to do with interview dates (FIFO?)

also, do they just deliver the "good news" by phone or bad ones as well?

and yeah, anyone has change in status on their scholarship apps?

I dunno about FIFO, but I got my interview invite pretty early. March 26th actually. So I guess we'll see. From previous threads it seems as though only good news is delivered by phone. Hence the reason I am having a heart attack every time a new email comes in.

I got denied for a need based scholarship pretty quickly, i think it was a few days or so.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Kudos
embrace people! Start of D-week!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE:Corporate Finance (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
I'm just going crazy waiting for decision :shock:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
GMAT Date: 04-29-2012
Send PM
Kudos
got a waitlist email. :beatup
R3, Applicant from India.
(I had asked asked for earlier decision as I had to confirm to other school by paying fees. So I dont think they will reply to other waitlisted and dinged candidates so early..)

All the best guys!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
msrdon wrote:
(I had asked asked for earlier decision as I had to confirm to other school by paying fees. So I dont think they will reply to other waitlisted and dinged candidates so early..)

All the best guys!!

Sorry!! What other school did you get accepted to?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
fafelu1 wrote:
msrdon wrote:

All the best guys!!

Going to HEC Paris now.. Will consider INSEAD only if they tell me by early July and offers me a Scholarship 8-) (honestly, I can not afford INSEAD after paying HEC.)

I got an Email from INSEAD last Monday.. Deliberately didn't share on this forum as I though it would create a panic,(1st result of the round 3 and that too a waitlist!! nooooo)..
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
msrdon wrote:
fafelu1 wrote:
msrdon wrote:

All the best guys!!

Going to HEC Paris now.. Will consider INSEAD only if they tell me by early July and offers me a Scholarship 8-) (honestly, I can not afford INSEAD after paying HEC.)

I got an Email from INSEAD last Monday.. Deliberately didn't share on this forum as I though it would create a panic,(1st result of the round 3 and that too a waitlist!! nooooo)..

Good choice ..............HEC is a great school. Who did the email come from your AC?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
Good choice ..............HEC is a great school. Who did the email come from your AC?[/quote]

I am sorry m not a frequent visitor to this forum and dont know all the acronyms. If you mean who emailed me the sad news , then it was Associate Director, Admissions.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
msrdon wrote:
Good choice ..............HEC is a great school. Who did the email come from your AC?

I am sorry m not a frequent visitor to this forum and dont know all the acronyms. If you mean who emailed me the sad news , then it was Associate Director, Admissions.[/quote]

You are right...your admission coordinator.

Good Luck.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  52   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts