GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 06 Jul 2020, 12:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Insead vs HEC

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 May 2015
Posts: 29
Insead vs HEC  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 27 Sep 2015, 23:18
I applied to both HEC and INSEAD.

I'm on the waitlist for INSEAD, while I received an offer from HEC.

I need to make a decision within about 2 weeks wrt HEC.

What should I do?

I really want to go to INSEAD, only because I feel that INSEAD has a better global brand. Should I reapply for the next intake?

To add some context, I intend to work in Singapore after MBA, not in France/EU.

Originally posted by mangosmoothie on 27 Sep 2015, 18:36.
Last edited by mangosmoothie on 27 Sep 2015, 23:18, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Nov 2014
Posts: 16
Location: India
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V35
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
Re: Insead vs HEC  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2015, 20:56
What is your GMAT score?

If you are hellbent on INSEAD why don't you retake the GMAT? or do something else in your extra-curricular that might give them a new insight of you?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 May 2015
Posts: 29
Insead vs HEC  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 29 Sep 2015, 22:34
anant07 wrote:
What is your GMAT score?

If you are hellbent on INSEAD why don't you retake the GMAT? or do something else in your extra-curricular that might give them a new insight of you?

Originally posted by mangosmoothie on 27 Sep 2015, 21:46.
Last edited by mangosmoothie on 29 Sep 2015, 22:34, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 20 Aug 2013
Posts: 144
Re: Insead vs HEC  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2015, 00:07
mangosmoothie wrote:
I applied to both HEC and INSEAD.

I'm on the waitlist for INSEAD, while I received an offer from HEC.

I need to make a decision within about 2 weeks wrt HEC.

What should I do?

I really want to go to INSEAD, only because I feel that INSEAD has a better global brand. Should I reapply for the next intake?

To add some context, I intend to work in Singapore after MBA, not in France/EU.


Make the deposit and create yourself a semi-option. If you end up being accepted at INSEAD then you can decide whether it's worth for you giving up on the HEC deposit
_________________
Fugazi, fugazi
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 May 2015
Posts: 29
Re: Insead vs HEC  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2015, 02:03
PlastMan wrote:
mangosmoothie wrote:
I applied to both HEC and INSEAD.

I'm on the waitlist for INSEAD, while I received an offer from HEC.

I need to make a decision within about 2 weeks wrt HEC.

What should I do?

I really want to go to INSEAD, only because I feel that INSEAD has a better global brand. Should I reapply for the next intake?

To add some context, I intend to work in Singapore after MBA, not in France/EU.


Make the deposit and create yourself a semi-option. If you end up being accepted at INSEAD then you can decide whether it's worth for you giving up on the HEC deposit



Hmm that's an expensive option (8k EUR), for some of us.
Thanks anyway!

I'll wait for another week and then decide what to do.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 20 Aug 2013
Posts: 144
Re: Insead vs HEC  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2015, 03:13
mangosmoothie wrote:
PlastMan wrote:
mangosmoothie wrote:
I applied to both HEC and INSEAD.

I'm on the waitlist for INSEAD, while I received an offer from HEC.

I need to make a decision within about 2 weeks wrt HEC.

What should I do?

I really want to go to INSEAD, only because I feel that INSEAD has a better global brand. Should I reapply for the next intake?

To add some context, I intend to work in Singapore after MBA, not in France/EU.


Make the deposit and create yourself a semi-option. If you end up being accepted at INSEAD then you can decide whether it's worth for you giving up on the HEC deposit



Hmm that's an expensive option (8k EUR), for some of us.
Thanks anyway!

I'll wait for another week and then decide what to do.


Makes sense to wait as much as possible but WLs tend to drag on for quite a while. If the option is too expensive maybe is because the delta upside from INSEAD is not worth it.
_________________
Fugazi, fugazi
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 10 Aug 2015
Posts: 54
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Insead vs HEC  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2015, 03:16
1
Hi Mangosmoothie,

Something that can help you decide is where you'd like to work after the MBA : France or not France ?
INSEAD will provide you with more global opportunities, especially in Asia than HEC.
But if you know you want to work in France, HEC would be a great choice because it has strong ties with major French companies recruiting from the MBA. Most of all, HEC is actually the strongest French brand name for a business school. The network in France is very wide and very powerful.

I hope this helps !
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Insead vs HEC   [#permalink] 28 Sep 2015, 03:16

Insead vs HEC

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: MBAPrepCoach, uc26, pabpinor






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne