GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 25 Aug 2019, 00:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

INSEAD vs US schools for consulting salaries

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests
INSEAD vs US schools for consulting salaries  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2019, 06:56
I understand that INSEAD has maximum percentage (~45%) of consulting recruitments as compared to top US b-schools. But when the median salaries are compared for consulting function they is wide difference( INSEAD-110,000$ vs US B-schools - 145,000$). I fail to understand this difference, is it because of shorter course duration or my interpretation of the salary comparison is faulty. Any guidance is appreciated.
Thanks

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3.7
INSEAD vs US schools for consulting salaries  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 16 Jul 2019, 07:12
jainapurv wrote:
I understand that INSEAD has maximum percentage (~45%) of consulting recruitments as compared to top US b-schools. But when the median salaries are compared for consulting function they is wide difference( INSEAD-110,000$ vs US B-schools - 145,000$). I fail to understand this difference, is it because of shorter course duration or my interpretation of the salary comparison is faulty. Any guidance is appreciated.
Thanks

It's the interpretation of salary comparison. Nothing to do with the course duration.

Consulting salaries outside of USA are lower than in the US. Some less developed countries have significantly lower costs of living and therefore correspondingly lower salaries.

That said, there should not be any difference if you're comparing US consulting offers and likewise international consulting offers for INSEAD and US schools because the top consulting firms have pretty standard salaries for each country.

Hope this clarifies.

Originally posted by chickpig on 16 Jul 2019, 07:01.
Last edited by chickpig on 16 Jul 2019, 07:12, edited 2 times in total.
INSEAD School Moderator
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: INSEAD vs US schools for consulting salaries  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2019, 07:11
INSEAD has a higher percentage of people returning to consulting offices located in developing nations where the starting salary is lower along with the cost of living.

jainapurv wrote:
Thanks

Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 17 Jul 2019, 01:54
Understood. Yup that makes sense. Looking deeper into the employment statistics of INSEAD the median salary for North America is similar to median salary for US B-schools.
Another area of improvement for me not to jump to conclusion without deeply understanding data(worth remembering for IR problems :) )
INSEAD School Moderator
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 17 Jul 2019, 02:48
Don't sweat it. I'm not even looking at the statistics I'm just guessing based on my understanding of the people who are admitted to INSEAD.

anyways, if you want to apply there is no fear of being ripped off :-)

jainapurv wrote:
Understood. Yup that makes sense. Looking deeper into the employment statistics of INSEAD the median salary for North America is similar to median salary for US B-schools.
Another area of improvement for me not to jump to conclusion without deeply understanding data(worth remembering for IR problems :) )

Re: INSEAD vs US schools for consulting salaries   [#permalink] 17 Jul 2019, 02:48

INSEAD vs US schools for consulting salaries

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Hideto, MBAPrepCoach