GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Nov 2019, 16:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Intentional MBA Program from Nyenrode Business University

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Schulich '16
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
Intentional MBA Program from Nyenrode Business University  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2014, 10:32
Hello Friends,

Could you please advice me on
1) How good a college is Nyenrode Business University.
2) Will doing 1 year full time Intentional MBA Program, suit me or my IT background.
3) Whats kind of jobs do Intentional MBA Program grads get?
4) How does and Intentional MBA Program fair against programs like product management, project management, program management, and IT consulting, business development, which are much closely related to IT.

Here is my brief profile.

Nationality: Indian
Educational Qualification: B.E.in Electronics & Telecommunications
B.tech Score : CGPA 8.43/10
GMAT Score: 690 (IR : 6, Quantitative: 49, Verbal : 34)
Work Experience: 5 years, 3 months with Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), an Indian IT company
International experience : 15 months of onsite experience in Japan
Intern
Intern
Re: Intentional MBA Program from Nyenrode Business University  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2014, 06:05
Hi Vimal,

I am also from TCS and will complete 4 years in TCS this Sep.
Very curious to know the prospects of an MBA from Nyenrode as i got to know about it recently.
How much is a decent score to apply.
Kindly advise

Thanks
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: IIMB (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE: Information Technology (Insurance)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2014, 22:44
its ok at best. Fairly known in Netherlands. They have a small intake ~ 40 , and many of them are dutch guys looking to go back to their employers. Good thing is that you will not have language problem while recruiting as most speak English. Also i have heard , getting a visa is easy in Netherlands.

However don't expect fancy companies coming to recruit you from Nyenrode. Most students get jobs by their own efforts. They have a tie up with TCS for scholarships so the cost could come down significantly. 650 should be good enough to get in ,however there are few guys (read desis ) with more than 700 gmat as well).

They get quite a number of applications from TCS/ Infy and in one of the previous batches, they had 9 participants from these two companies out of total 40 :) . Eventually everyone gets a job , but as with all other non Indian MBA programs , onus lies on you to get a job.
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2014, 22:48
Also , if you are planning to take a sabbatical from TCS while you do your MBA, please understand , once you are done, TCS Netherlands will not recruit you. They will ask you to report to offshore first :). Also, despite the tie-up, TCS doesn't recruit at Nyenrode.

Above is a fact that happened with a guy with ~ 3 yrs exp. Experience plays a big part in kind of job you get post MBA in any European country.

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2014, 09:29
ashkul123 wrote:
Also , if you are planning to take a sabbatical from TCS while you do your MBA, please understand , once you are done, TCS Netherlands will not recruit you. They will ask you to report to offshore first :). Also, despite the tie-up, TCS doesn't recruit at Nyenrode.

Above is a fact that happened with a guy with ~ 3 yrs exp. Experience plays a big part in kind of job you get post MBA in any European country.

Hello ashkul123,

Thanks for all the info. How do you know so much about it, because it is not such a big institute that everybody will know about it. Are you one of the current students or you have previously done your MBA from there? You are saying it is not very difficult to get the job even without not knowing Dutch language, but I have heard that, it is very competitive for people who don't know Dutch. Has this situation changed recently? Also, would like your advice on, whether to join Nyenrode on sabbatical or after resigning? Which will be better?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 May 2014, 02:03
Hi ashkul123,

I guess i am confused here

-Availing the scholarship from TCS comes into play only when you apply through TCS and not else otherwise,
which implies we cannot take for granted that we will be sponsored for sure by TCS. Moreover there will be a bond period post your MBA,
which mandates you to serve TCS for sometime after your MBA..right?
What i am trying to point out is , job prospects in Netherlands really doesn't matter if we are taking Sabbatical (accompanied with or without scholarship)
from TCS.
Kindly advise how to go about this since logically speaking, after an MBA from a renowned international University ,getting into some organization there only , is
what i consider worth the investment i have made.But then again , job prospects and chances of getting a PR thereafter becomes critical factors.

Moreover i would be really interested to know the kind of role, position and payscale , i would be offered if i join TCS post my PG

Kindly help me arrive at a conclusion.

Thanks
Amit
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2014, 09:05
Guys, like you, I am also a TCSer. At one point I was seriously considering this school as they have 4 full scholarships. I don't think you have to apply through TCS. Go through the FAQs of the HR circular. You need to submit your application just like any other candidate. However, they have some scholarships for TCS candidates.

Once inducted, its upto you whether you are planning to take a sabbatical or not. As for the roles etc, I know a few guys who came back to TCS post MBA (one went on sabbatical and one came back as a lateral hire). Both are doing quite well, but you need to understand that they went for IIM PGPX course. I wouldn't rate Nyenrode anywhere near IIMs when it comes to brand power. As with any other European country, you need to know the local language. however, from what I have been told, far more people speak English as compared to other European countries in Holland. I got into HEC and now need to learn French.

Look buddy, no one can tell you what you want to hear. You need to do your own research and then take a decision accordingly. All I know is, people do get jobs in Netherland post their MBA from Nyenrode.For some it is easy , for some it is difficult. The same goes for any school that is not regarded as an UE. It depends on your individual case.

They have now ,quite a few alums from TCS. try reaching them through linkedin.

Cheers

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2014, 01:32
Hi Guys,

I am Sushil from kolkata and working in IT(HCL Tech), & will be completing 3 years of work in June 2014. Recently got an offer of admission at NBU through PGCIM(Post Graduate Certificate in International Management) of SPJain Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai. Guys I am looking for some genuine review of the program and career prospect post course. I am also looking for a change in job field to operation & SCM. how easy or tough it is? what is job and pay scale on an average that one can get in The Netherland after the course. Do we get a paid internship during the course?

I appeared for CAT-2013 and got selected in PGCIM with 94.25 percentile and as per the course will join NBU in January 2015.

Plz help..! kindly share your findings..!

Many Thanks..!!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2014, 06:51
ksushil7 wrote:
Hi Guys,

I am Sushil from kolkata and working in IT(HCL Tech), & will be completing 3 years of work in June 2014. Recently got an offer of admission at NBU through PGCIM(Post Graduate Certificate in International Management) of SPJain Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai. Guys I am looking for some genuine review of the program and career prospect post course. I am also looking for a change in job field to operation & SCM. how easy or tough it is? what is job and pay scale on an average that one can get in The Netherland after the course. Do we get a paid internship during the course?

I appeared for CAT-2013 and got selected in PGCIM with 94.25 percentile and as per the course will join NBU in January 2015.

Plz help..! kindly share your findings..!

Many Thanks..!!

Hello Sushil,

I have already replied to your query in one of your other post, Hope that is OK.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Intentional MBA Program from Nyenrode Business University   [#permalink] 31 May 2014, 06:51

Intentional MBA Program from Nyenrode Business University

new topic post reply Update application status