Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 12:44 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 12:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Send PM
Oxford Saïd School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 409
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 570 Q44 V23
GMAT 2: 610 Q48 V26
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Introducing GMAT Club New User Interface [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Gowtham91 wrote:
Gowtham91 wrote:
Hi. Few issues as below.

The cursor when placed on the timer start button does not turn into a "index finger icon". Also the answer choices does not stop blinking (after marking the answer) and does not show the %'s against each choice. This is already mentioned by Mizar18.

Hi abhimahna,

First issue - cursor turning into "index finger icon" is not yet resolved. This does not hamper performance, just that we are used to see it in the previous UI. Timer is showing the stats now - thats resolved.

Thanks.

I just tested it and it is working fine for me. Can you please clear your browser cache and retry? I am not sure what's the issue as it is working fine for me. Thanks
Oxford Saïd School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 409
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 570 Q44 V23
GMAT 2: 610 Q48 V26
Send PM
Re: Introducing GMAT Club New User Interface [#permalink]
abhimahna wrote:
Gowtham91 wrote:
Gowtham91 wrote:
Hi. Few issues as below.

The cursor when placed on the timer start button does not turn into a "index finger icon". Also the answer choices does not stop blinking (after marking the answer) and does not show the %'s against each choice. This is already mentioned by Mizar18.

Hi abhimahna,

First issue - cursor turning into "index finger icon" is not yet resolved. This does not hamper performance, just that we are used to see it in the previous UI. Timer is showing the stats now - thats resolved.

Thanks.

I just tested it and it is working fine for me. Can you please clear your browser cache and retry? I am not sure what's the issue as it is working fine for me. Thanks

I have cleared the browser cache and tried again. It still does not work. May be we can check with other users to find out if it is an issue only with me.
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
Abhi942 wrote:
There is misalignment of image. Have look at attachment

Thank you, let me get this resolved asap. Thanks for reporting. :)
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72870 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Could you try a different browser? To check if that fixes your issue?

Mizar18 wrote:
Hi abhimahna

The timer is failing again, not showing the % for each option once you do a selection.

Best.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 175
Send PM
Suggestion: It would be great if we change the default font of the website to Helvetica or Arial.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8831 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
workout wrote:
abhimahna

Sometimes, the decision tracker will post updates into the forum discussions and that UI looks broken.

Link https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... l#p2525781

New UI
Attachment:
Screenshot 2020-08-15 at 4.09.18 PM.png

Old UI
Attachment:
Screenshot 2020-08-15 at 4.12.48 PM.png

Hi abhimahna

Any update on this request? I am seeing more and more decision tracker updates as posts :) https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... l#p2606354
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
workout wrote:

Hi abhimahna

Any update on this request? I am seeing more and more decision tracker updates as posts :) https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... l#p2606354

Hi workout ,

This is how I see it. Do you see something different it? :shock:
Attachments

Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 1.18.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 1.18.49 PM.png [ 83.39 KiB | Viewed 1564 times ]

MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8831 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
abhimahna wrote:
workout wrote:

Hi abhimahna

Hi workout ,

This is how I see it. Do you see something different it? :shock:

I see the same as in your image. I see that the green "Admitted" is pushed off to the right and the entire post looks very different with no alignment :).
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
AndrewN wrote:
For the past two days, I noticed that the number of Kudos a post has received no longer shows up in the new interface. Compare the attached images below.

Please fix. Thank you.

- Andrew

Attachment:
Screen Shot 2020-09-02 at 09.14.07.png

Attachment:
Screen Shot 2020-09-02 at 09.21.58.png

Thank you, we will be releasing the changes shortly.
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
IanStewart wrote:
I haven't switched back to the old interface (mainly because I'd like to see what everyone else sees when I visit the forum). But it remains unclear to me what functional advantages the new interface offers, and I haven't seen any explanation of the rationale behind some of the changes. Perhaps some of these issues have been addressed, but some have not:

- probably the biggest issue: it's now much more difficult to identify the most useful posts in a thread. Some of the indicators seem broken (the number of kudos a post has received is not even displaying). But the display has also been changed to make those indications nearly invisible. They used to be large and colourful. Now they're neither. I assume many people rely on these indicators to quickly pick out, from a long thread, which solutions to read. I don't understand what would motivate a graphic design change that makes those indicators harder to see;

- on main forum pages (listing all the threads in a subforum), some of the column widths were changed. It seems less space is now devoted, for example, to displaying the name of the most recent poster, which is useful information. It seems more screen real estate is dedicated to the update sidebar, on the right. I'm not sure if others use that, but I never have. I certainly don't want it to be bigger than before;

- I'm not sure if it only appears this way to me, or if it also does to others, but under my name, where my GMAT score is listed, I see it broken across three lines (one line each for the overall score, Q score, and V score). I don't know why that is; it wasn't like that before. This doesn't seem to be true for everyone though, which makes me wonder if I only see it that way because I'm logged in to my account (and for some reason I can't guess, that affects the display I see).

Thank you, we are working on #3. Can you elaborate the other two with some screenprints? Thank you
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6857 [0]
Given Kudos: 500
Expert Reply
(I accidentally posted the following as a new topic by clicking the wrong button earlier. I think it would better serve its purpose here.)

Hello, team. I went to check my notifications this morning and was informed that my answer to a delayed OA reveal question was WRONG, yet when I checked the actual question, I was informed that my answer was Correct. My Error Log also says that I answered the question correctly, confirmed by the Official Explanation provided by Bunuel in one of the posts further down on the page. I am not sure how such a disconnect could occur, nor what I should make of my notifications/Error Log if such discrepancies can exist.

Please see the attachments. Thank you.

- Andrew

Attachment:
Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 10.15.44.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 10.15.44.png [ 299.85 KiB | Viewed 1315 times ]

Attachment:
Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 10.17.41.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 10.17.41.png [ 169.99 KiB | Viewed 1323 times ]
GMAT Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 9242 [0]
Given Kudos: 91
 Q51  V47
Send PM
Expert Reply
abhimahna wrote:
Thank you, we are working on #3. Can you elaborate the other two with some screenprints? Thank you

For issue #1, just look at AndrewN's screenshots comparing the old and new interfaces immediately above my post:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/introducing- ... l#p2608832
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 618800 [0]
Given Kudos: 81588
Send PM
Expert Reply
AndrewN wrote:
(I accidentally posted the following as a new topic by clicking the wrong button earlier. I think it would better serve its purpose here.)

Hello, team. I went to check my notifications this morning and was informed that my answer to a delayed OA reveal question was WRONG, yet when I checked the actual question, I was informed that my answer was Correct. My Error Log also says that I answered the question correctly, confirmed by the Official Explanation provided by Bunuel in one of the posts further down on the page. I am not sure how such a disconnect could occur, nor what I should make of my notifications/Error Log if such discrepancies can exist.

Please see the attachments. Thank you.

- Andrew

Attachment:
Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 10.15.44.png

Attachment:
Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 10.17.41.png

AndrewN, the OA for that question was edited, so this might be the reason. Sorry for that.
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
IanStewart wrote:
abhimahna wrote:

For issue #1, just look at AndrewN's screenshots comparing the old and new interfaces immediately above my post:

Thank you. Yes, we are aware of this issue and have already completed the development. Changes will be released sometime soon. Thanks.
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
abhimahna wrote:
IanStewart wrote:
abhimahna wrote:

Thank you. Yes, we are aware of this issue and have already completed the development. Changes will be released sometime soon. Thanks.

Update - It just got released. Thank you! :)
GMAT Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 9242 [0]
Given Kudos: 91
 Q51  V47
Send PM
Expert Reply
abhimahna wrote:
Update - It just got released. Thank you! :)

I don't see any change.
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
shivimonji wrote:
abhimahna. hi, i would like to share an idea with you.

As we know that for CR and SC we target to get question done within 2 minutes.
What if we have any alarming feature like red color blinking as we crossed the desired time.
What i believe it will affect the practise and the effect will be getting the job done in time as it will start alarming us.
Now why am i suggesting this.
I am an active timer user and eventually i realised i spend more time than required as i could not see the timer with my screen scrolled down for seeing options.

So what i have to do is to start 2 minute timer on my mobile.

Just a suggestion. Hope you wont mind. :) :thumbsup:

Thank you for the suggestion. Let me think about it and discuss with my team. Thanks :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5