Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:05 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [2]
Given Kudos: 631
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [2]
Given Kudos: 631
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: Is anyone else getting same questions on GMATPrep Free Exams 1 and 2? [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi yt770,

You mentioned some details about your study plans that should probably be "adjusted." When you take a CAT, if your goal is to receive a realistic score assessment, then you really have to be strict about HOW you take the CAT. The more the 'CAT-taking event' deviates from what you'll face on Test Day, the more likely the score is to be inaccurate (and in most cases, that means "inflated"). As such, you should make sure to take a NEW CAT each time, which the Essay/IR sections, away from your home, at the same time of day as your Official GMAT, etc. Retaking a CAT that you've already taken will almost certain lead to repeat questions. Seeing even a few of those repeat questions will throw of the 'realism' of the experience and your pacing, stress and energy levels will all be 'better' than they normally would be.

Beyond those details, it's important to remember that taking lots of CATs will NOT make you a better Test Taker. A CAT is really a 'measuring device' - when used correctly, it will give you a realistic score and help define your strengths and weaknesses, but it will NOT help you to fix any of those weaknesses. To raise your scores, you have to put in the necessary practice and repetitions. The CAT will show you whether your studies are helping you to improve or not. As such, you really shouldn't take more than 1 FULL CAT per week.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [1]
Given Kudos: 489
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Re: Is anyone else getting same questions on GMATPrep Free Exams 1 and 2? [#permalink]
Kudos
EMPOWERgmatRichC AjiteshArun

Hi Rich, Ajitesh: Thanks for your response. I recently gave GMAT Prep 3 and scored 680(q49, v33). I have exactly a month left to improve 80 points for a target score of 760.

Question: I couldn't focus on Verbal at all. I was too tired by the time I got onto verbal section that I couldn't focus much. Not sure how I even scored V 33. Same thing happened the last time I took the mock, which was about 5 weeks ago. Any advice on how to improve? Should I give mocks more frequently? This mock was given at 2pm. My test is scheduled for 12 pm. I had a good 7 hour sleep and lunch before the test. I had gatorade and banana during the 8 mins break after each section. Please advise!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi yt770,

Raising a 680 to a 760 in one month will be difficult, so you might want to rethink your timeline or your score goal. A 2pm start time is rather late in the day to begin a Test. Most Test Takers do their best thinking in the first 4-5 hours of the day, so depending on when you woke up you might have been 'outside' of the ideal window to take that CAT. In that same way, depending on what you ate for lunch (and how much you ate for lunch), you brain might have become sluggish as your body was working to digest the food.

Unfortunately, taking lots of CATs is NOT the solution to this problem. You have to look at the mental, physical and psychological things that you can do to raise your energy levels and put yourself in the best position to succeed. Since there are a variety of possible solutions (but we don't know which one(s) will be best for you), the time that it will take to figure all of this out will almost certainly lengthen your study timeline.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.69
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
yt770 wrote:
EMPOWERgmatRichC AjiteshArun

Hi Rich, Ajitesh: Thanks for your response. I recently gave GMAT Prep 3 and scored 680(q49, v33). I have exactly a month left to improve 80 points for a target score of 760.

Question: I couldn't focus on Verbal at all. I was too tired by the time I got onto verbal section that I couldn't focus much. Not sure how I even scored V 33. Same thing happened the last time I took the mock, which was about 5 weeks ago. Any advice on how to improve? Should I give mocks more frequently? This mock was given at 2pm. My test is scheduled for 12 pm. I had a good 7 hour sleep and lunch before the test. I had gatorade and banana during the 8 mins break after each section. Please advise!

It's possible the Math section tired you out excessively. Did you find yourself second-guessing a lot during the Math section? Sometimes, focusing on the toughest questions without coming up with reasonable solutions can also cause great mental strain, not to mention stress and nervousness.

Are you in good physical shape in general?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.69
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
yt770 wrote:
HiLine EMPOWERgmatRichC

Quant was a little tough for me, but I was pretty confident. Except that I got 4 wrong out of last 7 questions, since I was running out of time. After the test I solved all 4 and was able to get the answer in less than 2 minutes.

Here is what I did: Woke up at 9, skipped breakfast, revised previous mocks for a couple hours, and had a big lunch 30 minutes before the test. Maybe that's why I was feeling really sluggish by the time I got onto the verbal section.

I am not in good physical shape. I haven't been working out since I started preparing for GMAT and have gained a few pounds. Stress could be a BIG factor too since I've been preparing for a long time now.

Exercising a little bit everyday will help keep your mind clear and your brain efficient. Also, don't eat anything big the 2 hours leading to the test; the digestion process will take some blood flow away from your brain. Try eating some snacks and drinking a good amount of water between sections to see if that helps maintain your energy level.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Healthcare, Leadership
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V26
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
Kudos
I took the GMAT Prep practice test 1 on 14th May, 2017 and then reset the test and took it again yesterday (6th June,2017) and around 20 quant and 15 verbal questions were repeated... So basically, this test didn't count! I'd read in the blogs and forums that I should expect a few to be repeats but then not 20!! Also, I know that the prep software has a pool of questions and I wish to access them.. can someone please tell me how I will be able to do that.. also, honestly, how many repeated questions should I expect? Do I buy the other prep packs too ?? i.e. with tests 3&4 and tests 5&6???

kindly help.. thanks in advance .. have a great day!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
AjiteshArun wrote:
LODD2 wrote:
Pretty much half the questions were the same...The only section where nothing was the same was RC.
Did you hit reset before taking the second test? "Reset" tells the software to "forget" which questions have already been shown to you.

Most people do not get repeats, so you should get the exams packs if you need them. You will see repetition in IR, but the quant and verbal sections should be good. Keep in mind that the question pools are the same for 1 & 2, 3 & 4, and 5 & 6.

Oh, I understand my mistake now. I downloaded GMATPrep on two separate computers. I took Test 1 on one computer and Test 2 on the other computer. That probably explains the significant overlap. But, it still doesn't make sense to me why both exams pull from the same question bank.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [1]
Given Kudos: 489
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM