GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Nov 2019, 03:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

NYU Stern Profile Evaluation Thread: Post Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
NYU Stern Profile Evaluation Thread: Post Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jul 2019, 09:01
Hi Everyone -- Planning to apply in the 2020 intake. Would love to hear your thoughts on my profile below:

Filipino, Male, 29 years of age, 7 years of work experience

Educational Background
BS Management Engineering, an honors program in Ateneo de Manila University
Merit Scholarship from the Bank of the Philippine Islands for four years

GMAT: 710 Q48 V40
Undergraduate GPA: 2.96 (Top 30% of Batch)

Work Experience:
[3 years in Technology/E-Commerce] Currently founding head of strategy and business intelligence at a tech-enabled logistics company in the Philippines, tasked with setting up the business intelligence and data science infrastructure of the company, and spearheading various strategic initiatives. Led the team that developed the business case and model for the spin-off of the logistics arm of a leading South East Asian E-Commerce company, obtaining >10M USD funding accordingly. Defined the company's launch plan, leading the cross-functional project team that established the key priorities, initiatives, and standard operating procedures for each of the departments leading to the company’s go-live in 2018

[3 years in Management Consulting] Worked at a boutique US-based management consulting firm, specializing in strategic sourcing and marketing analytics. Also headed recruitment initiatives of the firm in the Philippines.

[3 years in Education -- concurrent] Was a part-time lecturer for IT management at my undergraduate university

[1 year in Consumer Goods] Worked for a multi-national beverage conglomerate as a commercial finance analyst, handling the financial modelling of various innovations projects.

Short-term Post MBA goal
- Chief Interest: Taking a launcher/strategy role in the corporate venture capital arm of an established tech firm in Southeast Asia, and helping build startups from the ground accordingly. Hoping to leverage MBA in order to deepen my knowledge of strategy and analytics while expanding my professional skillset to better address challenges in e-commerce/tech.

Long-term Post MBA goal
- Return to the Philippines, and create my own technology start-up focused on e-commerce enabling products and services.

Extra-Curriculars:
1. Founded a university orchestra in 2008, and grew the community to over 300 members in 10 years. I am part of the orchestra in an advisory role (chiefly dealing with fundraising and alumni engagement).
2. Passionate about data science: I teach after-work python and data science courses to interested people in my current company
3. MOOC Certifications from Coursera on Machine Learning and AI
4. I give talks on the start-up industry, and on financial model development
5. Was part of the university track and field team.
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
G
Re: NYU Stern Profile Evaluation Thread: Post Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2019, 16:15
Hi there, and thanks for writing! Looks like you have a progressive career path and meaningful extracurricular involvement. GMAT is solid, but if you could increase it by 10-20+ points, it would help offset your lower GPA. Regarding your career goal - I'm not quite sure how it is in Asia, but in the U.S. VC is VERY difficult to break into without prior banking/PE + startup experience. Would you consider working in banking in the short-term? I recommend doing some more reflection on your career goals to make sure that they are ambitious, yet realistic in that they are a natural outgrowth of your experience to date.

Once you address the above, to maximize your chances of success, you'll of course want to execute a strong application. Stern-specific tips: 1. In Essay 1, make a strong case for why Stern and explain clearly what motivates your career goals, not just what they are 2. In essay 2, show a multidimensional view of yourself.

Hope that helps! If you'd like to discuss your profile in more detail, you can sign up for a free consultation with me here: https://www.mbamission.com/consult/mba-admissions/

arnveller wrote:
Hi Everyone -- Planning to apply in the 2020 intake. Would love to hear your thoughts on my profile below:

Filipino, Male, 29 years of age, 7 years of work experience

Educational Background
BS Management Engineering, an honors program in Ateneo de Manila University
Merit Scholarship from the Bank of the Philippine Islands for four years

GMAT: 710 Q48 V40
Undergraduate GPA: 2.96 (Top 30% of Batch)

Work Experience:
[3 years in Technology/E-Commerce] Currently founding head of strategy and business intelligence at a tech-enabled logistics company in the Philippines, tasked with setting up the business intelligence and data science infrastructure of the company, and spearheading various strategic initiatives. Led the team that developed the business case and model for the spin-off of the logistics arm of a leading South East Asian E-Commerce company, obtaining >10M USD funding accordingly. Defined the company's launch plan, leading the cross-functional project team that established the key priorities, initiatives, and standard operating procedures for each of the departments leading to the company’s go-live in 2018

[3 years in Management Consulting] Worked at a boutique US-based management consulting firm, specializing in strategic sourcing and marketing analytics. Also headed recruitment initiatives of the firm in the Philippines.

[3 years in Education -- concurrent] Was a part-time lecturer for IT management at my undergraduate university

[1 year in Consumer Goods] Worked for a multi-national beverage conglomerate as a commercial finance analyst, handling the financial modelling of various innovations projects.

Short-term Post MBA goal
- Chief Interest: Taking a launcher/strategy role in the corporate venture capital arm of an established tech firm in Southeast Asia, and helping build startups from the ground accordingly. Hoping to leverage MBA in order to deepen my knowledge of strategy and analytics while expanding my professional skillset to better address challenges in e-commerce/tech.

Long-term Post MBA goal
- Return to the Philippines, and create my own technology start-up focused on e-commerce enabling products and services.

Extra-Curriculars:
1. Founded a university orchestra in 2008, and grew the community to over 300 members in 10 years. I am part of the orchestra in an advisory role (chiefly dealing with fundraising and alumni engagement).
2. Passionate about data science: I teach after-work python and data science courses to interested people in my current company
3. MOOC Certifications from Coursera on Machine Learning and AI
4. I give talks on the start-up industry, and on financial model development
5. Was part of the university track and field team.

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Manager
Manager
B
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: NYU Stern Profile Evaluation Thread: Post Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2019, 10:27
Hello!

Requesting a profile evaluation for NYU Stern please.

Background and nationality: Female, Indian

Undergrad Information:
Graduated with a 9.0 of 10 CGPA from a non-IIT college in India.
I topped my university in my first year of Information Science branch beating around 2500 students and securing a maximum grade of S in 11/12 subjects. As a result of this I got a merit seat in Computer Science and then went onto complete the remaining 3 years of my undergrad as a computer science student.
(Information Science and Computer Science are essentially the same branches in India with almost the same curriculum - Computer Science is slightly on the tougher side)
I interned with a local IT company in my second year of engineering.
I was an active volunteer for 1.5 years at a well known NGO - I taught Math, Science and English to the students of Grade 8, 9 and 10.
An active volunteer at college cultural events too throughout my undergrad.

GMAT: 710 (Q49, V38, IR 8, AWA 6) - I really need help deducing if this is sufficient to get me through Stern or if I would be filtered out without an interview.

Work experience and leadership:
In my last semester of undergrad - I interned for 6 months with a Fortune 100 US company and landed a job with them. Been working with them for the past 4 years in the capacity of a software developer.
I was promoted to Senior Associate in my second year and to Manager in my third year with them.
I lead the Scrum/Agile process for the team and am always the talking point when it comes to interacting with the US counterparts.
I am very well known throughout the global team to be able to multi-manage and communicate effortlessly. I usually lead all the team calls and am always depended most upon to manage the team dynamics.
I am also known to be extremely creative and won the best creative team award for my team at one of our Global events.
I am active member with the firm's Toastmasters club and have served on its club officers group for a year (as a Vice President of PR and as Club Secretary)
I have participated in public speaking competitions(won second place at Division level), hosted events(hosted the area and Division events in my city), mentored folks (mainly involves honing their public speaking and leadership skills by providing constructive feedback/evaluations for every project/level they complete and guiding them structure and prepare their speeches) all over my city. I mentor about 25 people within my home club. I have completed the first level of toastmasters international and am currently in the advanced level. I have been recognized with a special award for my exemplary contribution to Toastmasters as a mentor and as a fellow toastmaster.

All suggestions will be much appreciated. Many Thanks!
Manager
Manager
B
Schools: Darden '22
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 2.4

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2019, 00:04
Hi ,

I am looking for some guidance regarding selection of MBA colleges as I am planning to apply for Fall 2020 intake

I would appreciate if you could take a look at my profile and give me a realistic approach regarding my chances and guide me further regarding how to approach essays.

Here is some information regarding my background :

GMAT : 710
IELTS : 8 Bands

STD 10: 82% (90 percentile) - 2011
STD 12: 83% (95 Percentile) - 2013

Bachelors (2013-2016)
BBA
Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
CGPA : 6.02
*Not fantastic , I know*

2016-2017
I worked with my father to learn the ropes of family business but did not find it interesting and decided to move on.

2017-2018
Post Graduate Diploma in Advertising and Marketing Communications
Xavier's Institute of Communications, Mumbai ( Ranked in top 5 across nation for communications and media)
B+

2018 -2019
Brand strategist
Shobiz Experiential Communications
I got to conceptualize activation, campaigns and events for various multinational brands . My role often required me to coordinate with various other departments in order to get the pitch ready and present it to the client. I have led projects which required me to give non-traditional creative ideas for a unique experience.

2019- CURRENT
Senior executive - conceptualizer and copywriter
Wizcraft International Entertainment
My profile has the added responsibility of writing content for various clients. Wizcraft is an international entertainment agency ; IIFA is an intellectual property of Wizcraft.
Currently , I conceptualize events and experiences along with designing content in the journey as required.

Post MBA Goal:

Short term
Consulting - Strategy
Mainly for new ventures / start-ups

Long term
Entrepreneurship

Total work experience upon matriculating : 2.5 years

I recently met some MBA schools at an admission fair and asked them whether my GMAT would be a hindrance since I do not come from a conventional background of engineering or finance and hence scoring near 730 or 740 is a tad bit difficult for me. Most of them were open to considering a lower score given my background.

I would like feedback on school selection and please suggest some other schools which you think would be suitable for my profile.

Schools :
NYU Stern
Duke
Cornell
Darden
Rotman
Tepper
G

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2019, 16:44
Hi, and thanks for writing! You have a solid profile overall, with great undergraduate performance, progressive work experience, and solid extracurricular involvement. It's not that a 710 would get you rejected outright, but given how competitive the process is for Indian applicants, I definitely recommend taking it again to see if you can improve.

Mon16 wrote:
Hello!

Requesting a profile evaluation for NYU Stern please.

Background and nationality: Female, Indian

Undergrad Information:
Graduated with a 9.0 of 10 CGPA from a non-IIT college in India.
I topped my university in my first year of Information Science branch beating around 2500 students and securing a maximum grade of S in 11/12 subjects. As a result of this I got a merit seat in Computer Science and then went onto complete the remaining 3 years of my undergrad as a computer science student.
(Information Science and Computer Science are essentially the same branches in India with almost the same curriculum - Computer Science is slightly on the tougher side)
I interned with a local IT company in my second year of engineering.
I was an active volunteer for 1.5 years at a well known NGO - I taught Math, Science and English to the students of Grade 8, 9 and 10.
An active volunteer at college cultural events too throughout my undergrad.

GMAT: 710 (Q49, V38, IR 8, AWA 6) - I really need help deducing if this is sufficient to get me through Stern or if I would be filtered out without an interview.

Work experience and leadership:
In my last semester of undergrad - I interned for 6 months with a Fortune 100 US company and landed a job with them. Been working with them for the past 4 years in the capacity of a software developer.
I was promoted to Senior Associate in my second year and to Manager in my third year with them.
I lead the Scrum/Agile process for the team and am always the talking point when it comes to interacting with the US counterparts.
I am very well known throughout the global team to be able to multi-manage and communicate effortlessly. I usually lead all the team calls and am always depended most upon to manage the team dynamics.
I am also known to be extremely creative and won the best creative team award for my team at one of our Global events.
I am active member with the firm's Toastmasters club and have served on its club officers group for a year (as a Vice President of PR and as Club Secretary)
I have participated in public speaking competitions(won second place at Division level), hosted events(hosted the area and Division events in my city), mentored folks (mainly involves honing their public speaking and leadership skills by providing constructive feedback/evaluations for every project/level they complete and guiding them structure and prepare their speeches) all over my city. I mentor about 25 people within my home club. I have completed the first level of toastmasters international and am currently in the advanced level. I have been recognized with a special award for my exemplary contribution to Toastmasters as a mentor and as a fellow toastmaster.

All suggestions will be much appreciated. Many Thanks!

mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders

G

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2019, 16:46
Hi, and thanks for writing. The average # of years of work experience for the programs you've listed, including Stern, is 4-6 years, so I really do recommend waiting until next year to apply. In this time, you can build a track record at your current company (important since you've switched jobs a few times in a short period) and boost GMAT (for such competitive programs it's still important to exceed the average if at all possible given your demographic). Hope that helps!

vaibhavijobalia wrote:
Hi ,

I am looking for some guidance regarding selection of MBA colleges as I am planning to apply for Fall 2020 intake

I would appreciate if you could take a look at my profile and give me a realistic approach regarding my chances and guide me further regarding how to approach essays.

Here is some information regarding my background :

GMAT : 710
IELTS : 8 Bands

STD 10: 82% (90 percentile) - 2011
STD 12: 83% (95 Percentile) - 2013

Bachelors (2013-2016)
BBA
Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
CGPA : 6.02
*Not fantastic , I know*

2016-2017
I worked with my father to learn the ropes of family business but did not find it interesting and decided to move on.

2017-2018
Post Graduate Diploma in Advertising and Marketing Communications
Xavier's Institute of Communications, Mumbai ( Ranked in top 5 across nation for communications and media)
B+

2018 -2019
Brand strategist
Shobiz Experiential Communications
I got to conceptualize activation, campaigns and events for various multinational brands . My role often required me to coordinate with various other departments in order to get the pitch ready and present it to the client. I have led projects which required me to give non-traditional creative ideas for a unique experience.

2019- CURRENT
Senior executive - conceptualizer and copywriter
Wizcraft International Entertainment
My profile has the added responsibility of writing content for various clients. Wizcraft is an international entertainment agency ; IIFA is an intellectual property of Wizcraft.
Currently , I conceptualize events and experiences along with designing content in the journey as required.

Post MBA Goal:

Short term
Consulting - Strategy
Mainly for new ventures / start-ups

Long term
Entrepreneurship

Total work experience upon matriculating : 2.5 years

I recently met some MBA schools at an admission fair and asked them whether my GMAT would be a hindrance since I do not come from a conventional background of engineering or finance and hence scoring near 730 or 740 is a tad bit difficult for me. Most of them were open to considering a lower score given my background.

I would like feedback on school selection and please suggest some other schools which you think would be suitable for my profile.

Schools :
NYU Stern
Duke
Cornell
Darden
Rotman
Tepper

Intern
Intern
B
Affiliations: SWE
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.8
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Profile Evaluation - Fall 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2019, 21:15
Hello all,

I am looking for a profile evaluation for NYU Stern based on the following information.

GMAT: Yet to give expected 700+

Nationality: Indian, Female, 28

Academics:

10th: 92.36% school 6th and 100% in Mathematics.
12th: 82%
Undergraduate: B.Tech Aerospace Engineering, SRM University, India.
CGPA: 8.86 - top 10%
Post graduate: Master's in Aeronautical and space systems, ISAE-SUPAERO, France
Marks: 13.6/20

Languages: English, French (intermediate), Japanese(Beginner).

WE: Total : 3y 1m and Internship for 6 months in France.

Present - 9 months: Boeing India
Software Simulation Engineer - Scrum Master

1) Built simulation models to be integrated to the simulator
2) Took initiative to Enable cosimulation between Matlab/Simulink and and the Simulator.
3) Set up Agile way of working for the team - Agile Project Management.

Certification: SAFe 4 Practitioner.

Extra-curricular:
1) Member of Society for Women Engineers - Technical Committee help in reviewing technical papers.
2) Member of department's Innovation Council and took initiative to set up Active Interests groups/clubs within the department.
3) Reverse Mentoring: Mentored a Senior Manager on Application of Agile Project Management which has directly inducted into his way of working.

2016-2018 - 2y 4m: Airbus India
Promoted from Associate Engineer to Engineer within 1 year.

1) Worked on Electrical Design and analysis
2) Trained Team members on process and technical information
3) Managed External team
4) Project management activities.

Extra-curricular:

1) Active member for Balance for Business community at Airbus. Took part in various road shows that showcased gender diversity at workplace.
2) Took initiative to set up Secondary competency framework for experience professionals on up-skilling.
3) Took initiative to introduce Work from home policy for the company.
4) Represented the department at inter-department Badminton Tournaments.

Certification: Design Thinking Workshop - IIM Bangalore

Extra-curricular at Colleges:
1) Secretary for EUROAVIA Toulouse for 2 years. Non-Profit organization for Aerospace skilling in students. Organized International workshop comprising of more than 5 nationalities in Space Debris awareness and removal. Published paper on this imitative at International Astronautical Conference - 2015
2) Organised an event called Aero-Cypher at Undergraduate which involves working with the wind tunnel
3) Zonal level school Ball Badminton Player.

Personal Project:
Founded Reach Higher a blog/website which helps students in deciding what courses to take after under graduation and one stop website for all their needs.

I understand my profile is tech heavy and am looking to move towards management consulting/general management and a MBA from a top school will help in move towards this career.
G

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2019, 12:17
Hi there, and thanks for writing. You have a well-rounded profile so far, with good academics, progressive professional experience at prominent companies (along with some international experience) and a track record of extracurricular involvement. Since the process is so competitive for Indian applicants, for the GMAT you'll want to aim for a 730+. If you're able to achieve that score and make a strong case for why consulting (or general management) is the best path for you and how Stern will help you achieve it and also, showcase your personality and passions effectively in the Pick 6 essay, then you'll be a viable candidate.

Hope that helps a bit :)

sandy1091 wrote:
Hello all,

I am looking for a profile evaluation for NYU Stern based on the following information.

GMAT: Yet to give expected 700+

Nationality: Indian, Female, 28

Academics:

10th: 92.36% school 6th and 100% in Mathematics.
12th: 82%
Undergraduate: B.Tech Aerospace Engineering, SRM University, India.
CGPA: 8.86 - top 10%
Post graduate: Master's in Aeronautical and space systems, ISAE-SUPAERO, France
Marks: 13.6/20

Languages: English, French (intermediate), Japanese(Beginner).

WE: Total : 3y 1m and Internship for 6 months in France.

Present - 9 months: Boeing India
Software Simulation Engineer - Scrum Master

1) Built simulation models to be integrated to the simulator
2) Took initiative to Enable cosimulation between Matlab/Simulink and and the Simulator.
3) Set up Agile way of working for the team - Agile Project Management.

Certification: SAFe 4 Practitioner.

Extra-curricular:
1) Member of Society for Women Engineers - Technical Committee help in reviewing technical papers.
2) Member of department's Innovation Council and took initiative to set up Active Interests groups/clubs within the department.
3) Reverse Mentoring: Mentored a Senior Manager on Application of Agile Project Management which has directly inducted into his way of working.

2016-2018 - 2y 4m: Airbus India
Promoted from Associate Engineer to Engineer within 1 year.

1) Worked on Electrical Design and analysis
2) Trained Team members on process and technical information
3) Managed External team
4) Project management activities.

Extra-curricular:

1) Active member for Balance for Business community at Airbus. Took part in various road shows that showcased gender diversity at workplace.
2) Took initiative to set up Secondary competency framework for experience professionals on up-skilling.
3) Took initiative to introduce Work from home policy for the company.
4) Represented the department at inter-department Badminton Tournaments.

Certification: Design Thinking Workshop - IIM Bangalore

Extra-curricular at Colleges:
1) Secretary for EUROAVIA Toulouse for 2 years. Non-Profit organization for Aerospace skilling in students. Organized International workshop comprising of more than 5 nationalities in Space Debris awareness and removal. Published paper on this imitative at International Astronautical Conference - 2015
2) Organised an event called Aero-Cypher at Undergraduate which involves working with the wind tunnel
3) Zonal level school Ball Badminton Player.

Personal Project:
Founded Reach Higher a blog/website which helps students in deciding what courses to take after under graduation and one stop website for all their needs.

I understand my profile is tech heavy and am looking to move towards management consulting/general management and a MBA from a top school will help in move towards this career.

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2019, 20:47
PROFILE EVALUATION Plzzzzz

GMAT 720 Q49 V39
Nationality: India

Class 10: From CBSE with 91%

Class 12: From CBSE with 80%

Graduation: B.Tech. from Galgotias University, Greater Noida with 88%

Extracurricular & Achievements

Professional Life:

• 1st Prize globally in ‘Wordsmith’
• Awarded ‘Wheel of Wisdom’ award for 6 times in a row.
• Awarded ‘Heart Of Gold’ award two times.

School and College:

Best Student Award
Won the title of ‘Mr Central Academy’ in the last year of school.

Anchoring, Speech & Debates
• Several District level and School level prizes in speech and debate competitions.
• Anchoring for many events and programs throughout years one of them conducted by CBSE for District Level Teachers Training Program.

Leadership Roles
• ‘Head Discipline In-charge’ of the School.
• ‘House Captain’ in senior years.
• ‘Representative of ECE Branch’ in College
• ‘Placement Coordinator’ in last year of college.

Singing & Dancing
Several district level prizes in dancing and singing competitions.

Experience
Cognizant Technology Solutions (Oct 2016-Present)
• Associate: Data Warehousing Technology Software Developer.

Fairdeal Agencies (Jan 2016-Oct 2016)
• Resources & Talent Management: Management of resources working for Fairdeal Agencies.

Management Volunteering Experience
Arise Impact (Oct 2018- Present)
Community Engagement Manager:
• Management of Delhi and Jammu operations for the organization.
• Conducing skill development courses for people with vision disability.
Cognizant Outreach (Oct 2016- Present): 650+ Hours recorded
School Relationship Manager:
• Management of a Govt Primary School, handling its development related affairs and relations between organization and school.

‘Challenge To Teach’ Hyderabad City Champion:
• Management of 30+ Schools across Hyderabad for Outreach’s flagship program ‘Challenge To Teach’.

Outreach Coordinator for Business Units:
• Planning & Organizing of events conducted monthly and quarterly for business units e.g. Plantation Drive by a Business Unit, Training of unemployed youth etc.
• Management of volunteers, advertising & awareness for such events.

Motivational Speaker
• Conducting regular floor talks in offices to inspire associates to come on –board for social services.
• 100+ Associates acquired through this method.

Education, Environment and Community Domains
• 650+ Hours of recorded volunteering for 200+ events.
United Nations Development Program
Ocean Action Hub:
• Volunteering to acquire organizations such as NGOs, CSRs, Govt. Bodies etc. across India to come on-board and adopt UNDP’s guidelines to conserve water bodies across the world.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Kellogg '22
Premium Member CAT Tests
NYU Stern Profile Evaluation Thread: Post Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2019, 23:15
MBA Profile

HI! Hoping for your help in evaluating my profile. Thanks!

Demographic
27 years old. Male from the Philippines.
Undergraduate Degree: BS Management Engineering (Honors Program), GPA 2.80
GMAT: 710 (considering retaking it to offset my low GPA)

Work Experience
5 years in the Oil & Gas Industry working for a “Big Oil” Company
- Completed the competitive “Big Oil” Graduate Program
- Assigned in various regions in the Philippines. Within the 5 years I’ve been with the company I have already held 6 different and challenging roles and have been promoted the equivalent of 4 times.
- Assigned as the terminal manager for one of “Big Oil’s” largest terminals in the country. Had 4 direct reports and over 100 contractors reporting to me. Historically, I was the youngest manager for the terminal I was assigned in.
- In my current role I responsible for the management of several contractors/haulers who deliver to the most significant delivery envelope in the Philippines (Metro Manila)
- I was recognized and awarded as one of the top outstanding employees In the company for my performance in 2018
- I have led several large projects for the company that have provided millions of dollars in benefits. I have also been given significant responsibility by the company (e.g. Terminal Manager role) for the positions I’ve been in.
- Every year we go through performance rankings, and I have consistently been ranked high against my peers and have been given excellent performance feedback.

Extra Curricular
Triathlete
- I’ve joined many triathlon’s including two 70.3 Ironman events.
- Currently I am training for my first full Ironman 140.6 which will be in 2020.
Volunteer Work
- I’ve participated in various coastal clean up activities across the Philippines thanks to the opportunities provided to me through my work

Reason for MBA (Still working/reflecting on this part)
- Seeing the “bigger picture”, I’ve been quite fortunate in having several roles across operations but I do not yet have experience in other areas of business such as finance, marketing, sales, etc. I plan on majoring in strategy so I can capitalize on the various classes provided by MBA’s schools to develop a more wholistic approach when it comes to solving business problems.
- Diverse culture and international student profile. Adapting the best practices and management styles of different people. Coming from an “asian” background I do tend to be shy and not vocal, this is something I hope I can work on by being exposed to the “western” side of the world.
- My end goal would be to land in a role in a consulting company by using my skills (A strong foundation in operations, and “big picture” view of the needs of businesses)

Reason for the low GPA
- The course I finished was highly competitive (only 50% of us graduated) and as a honors course, it was one of the more prestigious courses of the university
- Poor balance of time, I was heavily involved in extra-curricular activities. I led several student org projects and was also a member of the fencing varsity team (I won gold in our UAAP (NCAA for the americas) competition). I plan on showing that I have already overcome this weakness through my success in work.

Questions: Do I need to re-take the GMAT to make up for my low GPA? Is 710 enough? How are my chances?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2019, 01:21
Hi, please evaluate my profile.

Female, 25 years old, India

Secondary education : 9.4 gpa
Senior Secondary : 81.9%

Graduation :
Bachelors of Architecture
(5 years course including 6 months internship)

College : NIT

CGPA : 7.67

GMAT : 710 (Q49, V 36)

Work Experience : 25 months at Larsen and Toubro
(as on august 2019)
Role : Senior architect

Have taken up more responsibility than is usually awarded at my cadre. Have handled one project in last year and am handling another project on my own as of now.(project values upwards of 100 crores)

Co Curriculars :
1. Regularly volunteer for ngo camps ( elderdly health camps etc)
2. Was part of organizing committees of college fests, department functions, functions in school
3. Was involved in dramatics and debating in school
4. Yoga Practitioner

Why mba ?

I know the technical aspects of a building, from the floor plans to the ventilation system, from the effect it can have on a person to the how livable and sustenable it can be .
I want to able to look at the same built environment from a business/financial/economic point of view also, to be able to have a more cohesive bigger picture.

Thanks !

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2019, 11:49
Hi would like to get your views on my profile:

Nationality: India
Gmat: 730 (v37q50)
Education: Engineer (7.72/10) + MBA (67%)(marketing+ops)
Experience: 70 months (no international)

Sector: Advertising

Profile:
Digital Media Planner. Handling marketing budgets upwards of USD 1 million for a leading MNC bank and cab hailing service. This includes more than 15 product launches across the career across sectors of FMCG, Real estate, banking, etc.

Some achievements:
- My work has won industry wide awards
- Got coverd as industry young achiever
- All of the businesses i manage, have shown growth of 30% YOY.

NGO:
- Closely worked with NGO in Aids sector
- Regular volunteer with Red cross society

Extracurriculars:
- Having certificates in event management
- University certificates in music (Tabla) & language (Hindi)
- Sports & arts certificates at University level

Goal:
- Brand lead for tech start-up or product centric.

Recommendations of where to apply also welcomed.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: NYU Stern Profile Evaluation Thread: Post Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 13 Nov 2019, 11:49

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   [ 112 posts ] 

NYU Stern Profile Evaluation Thread: Post Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: MsInvBanker