GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Nov 2018, 04:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
28293031123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
2526272829301
Open Detailed Calendar

NYU Stern Profile Evaluation Thread: Post Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Jun 2017
Posts: 3
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39
Re: NYU Stern Profile Evaluation Thread: Post Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Sep 2017, 21:44
Hi

Background & Nationality: Indian Female, Commerce graduate.

Undergraduate: 3GPA Bachelors in Commerce, from University of Delhi

GMAT: 710 V40Q47

Work Experience & Leadership:
2years of audit experience with one of the big fours. Will complete 3 years before beginning the session.

Community & Others:
Volunteered with an NGO for 5 months. Was at a leading post.
Interned with the HR Department of an MNC for a month
Worked with the French Trade Commission at the French Embassy in India
Volunteered for a month teaching underprivileged youth.
Served as the General Secretary (session 2014-15), Joint Secretary (session 2013-14) in College. My role required me to work with a team of 24 other members thereby leading them in organizing various events.

Post MBA Goals: Want to expand my family business, maybe get into a major Finance role.

What are my chances for Stern? Should I retake the GMAT? Should I wait another year before applying? What can I do in that one year to enhance my chances?

Thank you for all your help
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Sep 2017
Posts: 7
Location: United Kingdom
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Re: NYU Stern Profile Evaluation Thread: Post Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2017, 09:41
Background and nationality: White, UK, Male, 25 (26 at matriculation)
Undergrad Information: 3.7 GPA equivalent in Political Science at top London University (think LSE or UCL)
GMAT: 720 (Q: 47, V: 42, IR: 7, AWA: 6)
Work experience and leadership: Big Four M&A Tax (first promotion after qualifying as CA - not possible to be promoted sooner). Hold a leadership role at work amongst junior staff. Rated highly in performance reviews and have been involved with a number of high-profile client events and internal projects relating to the implications of politics (especially recent UK politics) on our services/work.
Community and others: Have an entrepreneurial background - co-founded a start-up at university and was successful as an investor whilst there. Was also a well-regarded player of a particular skill-based game that resulted in prizes and coached others in this game. Today, I continue appraising investments with my brother and also help out to manage the family business. Community-wise: more politically active than a charity person.
Post MBA goals: Investment banking in New York
Anything else? Applying round 2. Expect to produce strong essays and to focus on finance as groundwork towards a long-term goal as a FTSE100 CFO
Stratus Admissions Consultant
User avatar
P
Joined: 31 May 2016
Posts: 1388
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: NYU Stern Profile Evaluation Thread: Post Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2017, 16:00
annie1718 wrote:
Background and nationality: white female
Undergrad Information: top 20 university in the U.S., major in social sciences, 3.6 GPA
GMAT: 710 Great GPA and a GMAT that keeps you in contention
Work experience and leadership: 2 years of non-profit experience at small environmental organizations, PhD in environmental science from a top 5 school, currently working as a research scientist The PhD always makes things a bit tricky- really explain why the MBA makes sense for you
Community and others: ceramic artist, marathoner and triathlete
Post MBA goals: Renewable energy industry
Anything else? I have strong quantitative skills (statistical programming and big data analysis) and a deep interest in environmental issues. I have no business experience or coursework.I would do some talking to people with MBAs working in renewable energy so that it is clear to Stern that you understand the path you seek. Also do a deep dive into talking to Stern students so adcom knows this is a fully baked plan for you. For some tips on Stern's essays,
https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... g-village/
Beyond this, it may help to talk to a counseling firm to best position you given the PhD as you need to show you understand why the business degree fits- and for that reach out here for a free consult: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/


Posted from my mobile device

_________________

Donna | Stratus Admissions | Schedule a Free Consult

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Oct 2017
Posts: 4
Re: NYU Stern Profile Evaluation Thread: Post Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2017, 22:07
Hello guys!

I am an Indian female, have done my engineering from one of the top 10 colleges in the country, my gpa is little on the lower side.

1. Have been working since December 2015 for my family business. I run a team of around 80 faculties at four educational institutions. I also work as the Management head of the institution which has around 1300 students.

2. I co-own and NGO which works for the welfare of the tribal people. Have been awarded for two consecutive years by MLA and district governing body. Also worked under the district governing bodies for country’s Swachh Bharat Abhiyan and mission Indradhanush.
Organised Blood donation camps.

3. State level player of chess as well swimming. Zonal level athlete.

4. Worked as student coordinator for technical and cultural feat in the college for two consecutive years in the marketing and public relations stream respectively led a team of 80 students.

Chief editor of college magazine.

President of two different clubs at college and led a team of 90 people.

Awarded best speaker in the Model United Nations debate.
Best orator in the South zone.

Kindly evaluate my profile.



Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Jan 2017
Posts: 4
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: NYU Stern Profile Evaluation Thread: Post Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2017, 09:17
Background and nationality: Indian
Undergrad Information: 3.71 CGPA in BBA from reputed university in India
GMAT: 680
Work experience and leadership: 3 years of work ex by course commencement. No leadership at work but been very actively involved in leadership roles during graduation.
Community and others: Volunteered for over three years for community services.
Post MBA goals: Start my own venture.
Anything else?: Been academically very well, socially involved, interested in getting better and making the world better.

Do i fit in?
Stratus Admissions Consultant
User avatar
P
Joined: 31 May 2016
Posts: 1388
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: NYU Stern Profile Evaluation Thread: Post Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2017, 10:17
meghared wrote:
Background and nationality: Indian
Undergrad Information: 3.71 CGPA in BBA from reputed university in India
GMAT: 680
Work experience and leadership: 3 years of work ex by course commencement. No leadership at work but been very actively involved in leadership roles during graduation.
Community and others: Volunteered for over three years for community services.
Post MBA goals: Start my own venture.
Anything else?: Been academically very well, socially involved, interested in getting better and making the world better.
The GMAT being a tad under the bar- especially coming from India- I'd look for the work experience and the leadership to be OVER the bar in some way. Not sure it is for the 3 yrs of work- but the key here is what have you done in those 3 years? Have you progressed faster than those in similar circumstances? Has your leadership in community been more than one would typically expect to see in MBA applicants? These are the honest questions you should ask yourself- and that will give you an idea if you have enough to get to NYU. Also- being a bit more specific about what kind of venture and what kind of work you have done may also help you in your application- I understand if you don't want to state here- but you will really need to make sure you have a compelling story to overcome the GMAT deficit. Right now from what I see here- I just don't see it- but it could well be that you do have these things with work success and if so- be sure to highlight these in your essays! Remember we are always just a click away if you want a profile review in real time: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/
Do i fit in?

_________________

Donna | Stratus Admissions | Schedule a Free Consult

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 29 May 2018
Posts: 7
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GPA: 3.5
WE: Operations (Retail Banking)
Re: NYU Stern Profile Evaluation Thread: Post Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 May 2018, 03:05
Would request you to please evaluate my profile. Planning to apply this year for fall 19 intake.

Nationality: Indian Male, Age 31, Commerce graduate

Undergrad percentage: 61% from University of Mumbai

Post graduate diploma in Management: 4.3/7

Gmat score: 670 (planning to retake the test in July '18)

Work experience: 2 years in KPO, 5 years in Banking operations as Assistant Manager managing a team of 8 in an MNC bank. 1 promotion.

Extra curriculars: Organising CSR and other corporate events at my workplaces. Have also volunteered at an NGO for mentoring underpriveleged children

Post MBA goals: Transition from banking to management consulting and specialising in strategy and leadership.
Experts' Global Representative
User avatar
G
Joined: 07 Jul 2017
Posts: 459
Re: NYU Stern Profile Evaluation Thread: Post Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 May 2018, 04:07
1
varuns28 wrote:
Would request you to please evaluate my profile. Planning to apply this year for fall 19 intake.

Nationality: Indian Male, Age 31, Commerce graduate

Undergrad percentage: 61% from University of Mumbai

Post graduate diploma in Management: 4.3/7

Gmat score: 670 (planning to retake the test in July '18)

Work experience: 2 years in KPO, 5 years in Banking operations as Assistant Manager managing a team of 8 in an MNC bank. 1 promotion.

Extra curriculars: Organising CSR and other corporate events at my workplaces. Have also volunteered at an NGO for mentoring underpriveleged children

Post MBA goals: Transition from banking to management consulting and specialising in strategy and leadership.


Hi varuns28,

To begin with the positives, definitely the professional maturity coming with the years of work experience, the managerial potential, and the promotion, look great :-) Of course, we would need to highlight your achievements, your exact role, and the skill-set you bring along, in a lot greater detail in your essays to make them powerful.

Now, on the flip side, we will need to take care of a couple of things:

- GMAT: A 670 is not a very competitive score for NYU Stern and much below the average for an Indian candidate. Moreover, considering your GPA has not been too high, it is imperative that you retake the GMAT and try to boost your score above a 730 at least.

- Second MBA: This factor will need to be addressed with a lot of care in your essays as the Admissions Committee will be curious to know why you need a second MBA. Second MBAs bring with it more negative points than positive ones and we will need to address this in an appropriate manner.

If you are able to take care of the above and work on a set of essays, wherein your career goals flow systematically (i.e your short-term goal, long-term goal, and larger vision are tied up seamlessly), you will be in a much better position to crack NYU Stern! :-) (Remember, it is a Stretch program for most candidates).

All the best! :-)
_________________

Akanksha Baldawa
Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Preparation Online | 15 GMAT Practice Tests
MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 29 May 2018
Posts: 7
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GPA: 3.5
WE: Operations (Retail Banking)
Re: NYU Stern Profile Evaluation Thread: Post Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 May 2018, 04:20
Dear Akanksha,

Thanks very much for your evaluation. I'm aware that my Gmat is falling short of the the avg that is expected from Indian candidates and hence I'm planning to retake the test in July and get a 730+ (fingers crossed!).

With regards to the second MBA, I had met an NYU representative at an information session in my city and explained it to them. They have said that they don't mind second MBAs as long as I can justify why I need it. My main reasons for getting a second MBA are twofold, firstly and most importantly, it will help me in sucessfully transitioning from the banking operations into managment consulting through internships, something which I am unable to do at the moment. Secondly, it will give a much more practical and hands on experience as my first MBA was very much theoretical with hardly practical applications. Not to mentiond, the international exposure, networking oppurtunities and working in different geographies will help me strengthen my career and help towards my long term goal of becoming a partner at a major consulting firm and eventually start my own consulting practice, once I have acquired sufficient experience in that field.


ABatExpertsGlobal wrote:
varuns28 wrote:
Would request you to please evaluate my profile. Planning to apply this year for fall 19 intake.

Nationality: Indian Male, Age 31, Commerce graduate

Undergrad percentage: 61% from University of Mumbai

Post graduate diploma in Management: 4.3/7

Gmat score: 670 (planning to retake the test in July '18)

Work experience: 2 years in KPO, 5 years in Banking operations as Assistant Manager managing a team of 8 in an MNC bank. 1 promotion.

Extra curriculars: Organising CSR and other corporate events at my workplaces. Have also volunteered at an NGO for mentoring underpriveleged children

Post MBA goals: Transition from banking to management consulting and specialising in strategy and leadership.


Hi varuns28,

To begin with the positives, definitely the professional maturity coming with the years of work experience, the managerial potential, and the promotion, look great :-) Of course, we would need to highlight your achievements, your exact role, and the skill-set you bring along, in a lot greater detail in your essays to make them powerful.

Now, on the flip side, we will need to take care of a couple of things:

- GMAT: A 670 is not a very competitive score for NYU Stern and much below the average for an Indian candidate. Moreover, considering your GPA has not been too high, it is imperative that you retake the GMAT and try to boost your score above a 730 at least.

- Second MBA: This factor will need to be addressed with a lot of care in your essays as the Admissions Committee will be curious to know why you need a second MBA. Second MBAs bring with it more negative points than positive ones and we will need to address this in an appropriate manner.

If you are able to take care of the above and work on a set of essays, wherein your career goals flow systematically (i.e your short-term goal, long-term goal, and larger vision are tied up seamlessly), you will be in a much better position to crack NYU Stern! :-) (Remember, it is a Stretch program for most candidates).

All the best! :-)
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 May 2018
Posts: 13
Re: NYU Stern Profile Evaluation Thread: Post Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jun 2018, 20:52
Hello All,
I would like to have my profile evaluated. I just took the GMAT in June and am ready to apply for business school in Fall 2019. Here is my information:
GMAT: 710 (50Q/34V/6 IR) Have not received my AWA score yet
GPA: ~ 3.37 (over a 3.5 my last year)
Degree: BA Economics, UCLA. Transfer GPA - 3.8
Experience: 2 years as an analyst at a real estate investment company(1 year at current firm). Work in both acquisitions (acquired 3 hotels for $150mm since I started) and asset management (6 of our current hotels, and 135 hotels for a third party). Had previous internship experience in PWM.
Extracurricular: Over 700 hours working as a volunteer at the local hospital, as a tutor, and as a coach for middle school children. No experience in professional leadership/managerial roles. Was a member of Ski and Snowboard team in college. Mentor a student at UCLA. High School Valedictorian.
Background: Indian (born and raised in California). 25 years old. Typical middle class story for a kid in Orange County.
What I want from business school: First, I would like to work in finance, either in real estate acquisitions, PWM, or VC/PE. I would like to gain both the professional and personal skills that business school can provide. Finally, I need a change in my life.
Letters of Rec: Plan on asking my CIO and an Associate at my current company for my two recommendations. I also have my previous employer in case. Do not have a professor at UCLA I can ask since I did not spend a lot of time in office hours.
Other: The one issue which will make things difficult is that I was accused of cheating in college. I received academic probation and I'm sure I will have to discuss what happened. I would like some feedback whether this is a automatic red flag. It was a mistake and I've grown from it, but I am sure it will leave a mark.

Thank You,
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jun 2018
Posts: 33
NYU Stern Profile Evaluation Thread: Post Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 29 Aug 2018, 11:30
nvm

Originally posted by gmatpercher on 18 Jun 2018, 14:55.
Last edited by gmatpercher on 29 Aug 2018, 11:30, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 May 2018
Posts: 4
Location: United States (NY)
GRE 1: Q166 V164
GPA: 3.4
Re: NYU Stern Profile Evaluation Thread: Post Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2018, 04:35
Across the board you look better than I did minus maybe work and mgmt experience also just a heads up for the application try to be unique and stand out I had pics of me at burning man, doing jiu jitsu and muy thai, hiking with my dog ect... Just like life ppl want to know you are someone they want to hang with after school/work keep in mind it's not just about accolades when they give an opportunity to show your personality take it. Best of luck

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Jun 2018
Posts: 9
NYU Stern Profile Evaluation Thread: Post Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jun 2018, 16:53
Hi everyone I'm hoping to get an honest MBA evaluation profile

Age: 29
Nationality: Russian (dual citizenship Russia/USA)
GMAT: currently studying, aiming for 700+
Undergrad: Law, top 20 school
Undergraduate GPA: 3.4
Master's degree: LLM from USC school of law (USA)
Current work ex: 5 Year
1. worked in a big law firm
2. Now, The head of the legal department
Extra Curriculars:
Co-founder of the first American football team, in which played as a linebacker
Short term goal: switch my career to I-banking and focus on M&A

Thank you guys in advance. I am looking forward to getting your feedbacks
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
User avatar
S
Joined: 06 Dec 2016
Posts: 329
Re: NYU Stern Profile Evaluation Thread: Post Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2018, 10:59
Hi there, and thanks for writing! You have an intriguing background in law, but in your applications you'll have to make a compelling case for why you want to switch to banking/M&A - what drives you in that direction? I think aiming for 700+ is a good move. Are you involved in any extracurricular activities now? This would strenghen your chances for entry into a top bschool.


Romikus121 wrote:
Hi everyone I'm hoping to get an honest MBA evaluation profile

Age: 29
Nationality: Russian (dual citizenship Russia/USA)
GMAT: currently studying, aiming for 700+
Undergrad: Law, top 20 school
Undergraduate GPA: 3.4
Master's degree: LLM from USC school of law (USA)
Current work ex: 5 Year
1. worked in a big law firm
2. Now, The head of the legal department
Extra Curriculars:
Co-founder of the first American football team, in which played as a linebacker
Short term goal: switch my career to I-banking and focus on M&A

Thank you guys in advance. I am looking forward to getting your feedbacks

_________________

Nisha Trivedi
mbaMission Admissions Consultant

Website: http://www.mbamission.com
Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Image

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Jun 2018
Posts: 9
Re: NYU Stern Profile Evaluation Thread: Post Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2018, 11:17
mbaMissionNishaT wrote:
Hi there, and thanks for writing! You have an intriguing background in law, but in your applications you'll have to make a compelling case for why you want to switch to banking/M&A - what drives you in that direction? I think aiming for 700+ is a good move. Are you involved in any extracurricular activities now? This would strenghen your chances for entry into a top bschool.


Romikus121 wrote:
Hi everyone I'm hoping to get an honest MBA evaluation profile

Age: 29
Nationality: Russian (dual citizenship Russia/USA)
GMAT: currently studying, aiming for 700+
Undergrad: Law, top 20 school
Undergraduate GPA: 3.4
Master's degree: LLM from USC school of law (USA)
Current work ex: 5 Year
1. worked in a big law firm
2. Now, The head of the legal department
Extra Curriculars:
Co-founder of the first American football team, in which played as a linebacker
Short term goal: switch my career to I-banking and focus on M&A

Thank you guys in advance. I am looking forward to getting your feedbacks



Thanks for your reply. I am volunteering in Russia World Cup 2018, guiding foreigners soccer fans through the city
Experts' Global Representative
User avatar
G
Joined: 07 Jul 2017
Posts: 459
NYU Stern Profile Evaluation Thread: Post Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2018, 23:21
Romikus121 wrote:
Hi everyone I'm hoping to get an honest MBA evaluation profile

Age: 29
Nationality: Russian (dual citizenship Russia/USA)
GMAT: currently studying, aiming for 700+
Undergrad: Law, top 20 school
Undergraduate GPA: 3.4
Master's degree: LLM from USC school of law (USA)
Current work ex: 5 Year
1. worked in a big law firm
2. Now, The head of the legal department
Extra Curriculars:
Co-founder of the first American football team, in which played as a linebacker
Short term goal: switch my career to I-banking and focus on M&A

Thank you guys in advance. I am looking forward to getting your feedbacks


Hello Romikus121,

You certainly have a differentiated profile (considering you have a background in law) and this will certainly prove to be advantageous for your overall case.
700+ is a good GMAT strategy. Of course, the higher, the better :-)

The most crucial aspect in your case will be how, in your essays, you portray your need for an MBA, and link the same up with your career goals. Of course, you will need to pay due attention to your transition from law to investment banking and M&A. If you are able to put this forth, as well as present your skills, strengths, career progress, and achievements into a set fo well-crafted essays, you have a good chance of bagging an interview call from NYU Stern :-)

All the best!
_________________

Akanksha Baldawa
Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Preparation Online | 15 GMAT Practice Tests
MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation

mbaMission Admissions Consultant
User avatar
S
Joined: 06 Dec 2016
Posts: 329
Re: NYU Stern Profile Evaluation Thread: Post Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jul 2018, 09:56
Thanks for the update - that must be such a fun experience! While that will help, AdComs like to see consistent engagement with activities over a decent period of time, so if you're able to become involved with something on a regular basis (and preferably in a leadership capacity) that would benefit your application more.


Romikus121 wrote:
mbaMissionNishaT wrote:
Hi there, and thanks for writing! You have an intriguing background in law, but in your applications you'll have to make a compelling case for why you want to switch to banking/M&A - what drives you in that direction? I think aiming for 700+ is a good move. Are you involved in any extracurricular activities now? This would strenghen your chances for entry into a top bschool.


Romikus121 wrote:
Hi everyone I'm hoping to get an honest MBA evaluation profile

Age: 29
Nationality: Russian (dual citizenship Russia/USA)
GMAT: currently studying, aiming for 700+
Undergrad: Law, top 20 school
Undergraduate GPA: 3.4
Master's degree: LLM from USC school of law (USA)
Current work ex: 5 Year
1. worked in a big law firm
2. Now, The head of the legal department
Extra Curriculars:
Co-founder of the first American football team, in which played as a linebacker
Short term goal: switch my career to I-banking and focus on M&A

Thank you guys in advance. I am looking forward to getting your feedbacks



Thanks for your reply. I am volunteering in Russia World Cup 2018, guiding foreigners soccer fans through the city

_________________

Nisha Trivedi
mbaMission Admissions Consultant

Website: http://www.mbamission.com
Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Image

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 22 Jun 2017
Posts: 12
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Other
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GRE 1: Q164 V164
GPA: 3.85
Premium Member
Re: NYU Stern Profile Evaluation Thread: Post Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jul 2018, 09:32
Thank you so much in advance for the help!

Background: Applying in Fall 2018 Round 1 for Fall 2019 start date.
Race/nationality: White, US
Sex: Male

Undergrad school/major: University of Pittsburgh, Accounting/Finance
Undergrad GPA: 3.85

GMAT Score: 760 Total, 49Q, 44V, AWA 6, IR 8

Work experience and leadership: 3 years of work experience upon submission of applications in Fall 2018 (4 upon planned matriculation) in Big 4 Public Accounting, Audit. I have completed a rotation in the TAS practice at my firm (specifically due diligence) and will be transferring full-time next Spring (I think this is a big selling point and shows growth in my career as the rotations are very selective in my office/firm).

Community and Others:
Volunteer dog-walker at local animal rescue shelters, helping to prepare and lead a booth at the upcoming Made in America festival in Philly.
Volunteer at LLS, organized multiple charity events and an office-wide team for a stair climb event.
President of Beta Alpha Psi during undergrad.
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant during undergrad
Recipient of scholarship awarded to "Top Achieving Academic Student" during undergrad.
IM Leagues

Certifications: Licensed CPA

Post-Grad Goal of MBA: To secure a position with a BB Investment Bank (specifically M&A/Core IB division), with the ultimate goal of transitioning to Corporate Development for a F100-F500 Company in consumer products. I want to consolidate companies in the industry to create a company that creates innovative products which make a difference in the day-to-day lives of consumers.

Additional: I think my WE/Demographic will lead to an uphill battle but my stats are strong and I think my extra-curriculars are solid. My recs should also be quite strong.
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
User avatar
S
Joined: 06 Dec 2016
Posts: 329
Re: NYU Stern Profile Evaluation Thread: Post Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2018, 13:18
Hi there, and thanks for writing! You have a well-rounded profile, with very strong academics, good work experience, and good extracurriculars. At work, have you been (or will you be) promoted from Associate to Sr. Associate? This would be a good early indicator of potential. I think the keys to your candidacy will be: explaining the motivation behind your goals - why working in BB-->Corp. Development is important to you, providing a multifaceted view of yourself to the AdCom via your application, and making a strong case for why Stern is a good fit for you (aside from its strengths in finance). If you do so, I think that you are a solid candidate.

If you'd like discuss how to further enhance your application, I recommend signing up for a free consultation with me here: https://www.mbamission.com/consult/?dis ... admissions

Best of luck!


EricSayres wrote:
Thank you so much in advance for the help!

Background: Applying in Fall 2018 Round 1 for Fall 2019 start date.
Race/nationality: White, US
Sex: Male

Undergrad school/major: University of Pittsburgh, Accounting/Finance
Undergrad GPA: 3.85

GMAT Score: 760 Total, 49Q, 44V, AWA 6, IR 8

Work experience and leadership: 3 years of work experience upon submission of applications in Fall 2018 (4 upon planned matriculation) in Big 4 Public Accounting, Audit. I have completed a rotation in the TAS practice at my firm (specifically due diligence) and will be transferring full-time next Spring (I think this is a big selling point and shows growth in my career as the rotations are very selective in my office/firm).

Community and Others:
Volunteer dog-walker at local animal rescue shelters, helping to prepare and lead a booth at the upcoming Made in America festival in Philly.
Volunteer at LLS, organized multiple charity events and an office-wide team for a stair climb event.
President of Beta Alpha Psi during undergrad.
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant during undergrad
Recipient of scholarship awarded to "Top Achieving Academic Student" during undergrad.
IM Leagues

Certifications: Licensed CPA

Post-Grad Goal of MBA: To secure a position with a BB Investment Bank (specifically M&A/Core IB division), with the ultimate goal of transitioning to Corporate Development for a F100-F500 Company in consumer products. I want to consolidate companies in the industry to create a company that creates innovative products which make a difference in the day-to-day lives of consumers.

Additional: I think my WE/Demographic will lead to an uphill battle but my stats are strong and I think my extra-curriculars are solid. My recs should also be quite strong.

_________________

Nisha Trivedi
mbaMission Admissions Consultant

Website: http://www.mbamission.com
Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Image

Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Oct 2016
Posts: 12
Location: United States (NC)
GMAT 1: 670 Q39 V42
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V38
GMAT 3: 720 Q48 V40
GRE 1: Q160 V159
GPA: 3.27
WE: Operations (Real Estate)
Re: NYU Stern Profile Evaluation Thread: Post Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2018, 06:33
Hi all.

Background

Work experience:
3 sports internships through undergrad
Corporate Sales – top-tier pro team
Ticket Sales – minor league sports
Sponsorship – small sports tourism shop
Operations - governing body for an Olympic sport (7 months)
Banking Operations Analyst - bulge bracket bank (~2 years, 10 months)
Real Estate Credit Risk Analyst - same bank (past 11 months)

Extra curriculars:
Fraternity member in college (no key leadership positions)
Played club ice hockey for 4 years at my college (officer role my junior and senior years)
Assistant Coach/GM for that team for 4 years post-graduation

Undergrad school/major: a public ivy
Business Administration
Second Major: Exercise and Sport Science (Sport Administration)
Other education/coursework: Completed my college's business certificate program (while I was still in UG though)
Race/nationality: White
Sex: Male

Stats

Scores:
GRE: 159 V, 160 Q
GMAT #1: 670 (Q39, V42)
GMAT #2: 690 (Q46, V38)
GMAT #3: 720 (Q48, V40)

Undergrad GPA: 3.25

MBA Info

Goal of MBA: Change/Elevate Career. Learned relatively quickly into full-time employment that working in sports was not for me. I finally landed a job analyzing real estate about a year ago, and while it is still a significant improvement from working in sports and bank operations, I still feel under-utilized and behind my peers in the industry. I want to make a change, and I feel this is the best way to go about breaking into a more quant-intensive real estate role, either within the front office of a bank's securitized products group or at a smaller, more individual-deal-focused firm.

Thoughts? What are my chances? Happy to provide any additional info!


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
GMAT Club Bot
Re: NYU Stern Profile Evaluation Thread: Post Profile Eval Requests Here! &nbs [#permalink] 11 Sep 2018, 06:33

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3    Next  [ 55 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

NYU Stern Profile Evaluation Thread: Post Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: gmatexam439



Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.