It is currently 16 Dec 2017, 07:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

NYU Stern Profile Evaluation Thread: Post Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Re: NYU Stern Profile Evaluation Thread: Post Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Sep 2017, 21:44
Hi

Background & Nationality: Indian Female, Commerce graduate.

Undergraduate: 3GPA Bachelors in Commerce, from University of Delhi

GMAT: 710 V40Q47

Work Experience & Leadership:
2years of audit experience with one of the big fours. Will complete 3 years before beginning the session.

Community & Others:
Volunteered with an NGO for 5 months. Was at a leading post.
Interned with the HR Department of an MNC for a month
Worked with the French Trade Commission at the French Embassy in India
Volunteered for a month teaching underprivileged youth.
Served as the General Secretary (session 2014-15), Joint Secretary (session 2013-14) in College. My role required me to work with a team of 24 other members thereby leading them in organizing various events.

Post MBA Goals: Want to expand my family business, maybe get into a major Finance role.

What are my chances for Stern? Should I retake the GMAT? Should I wait another year before applying? What can I do in that one year to enhance my chances?

Thank you for all your help

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Re: NYU Stern Profile Evaluation Thread: Post Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2017, 09:41
Background and nationality: White, UK, Male, 25 (26 at matriculation)
Undergrad Information: 3.7 GPA equivalent in Political Science at top London University (think LSE or UCL)
GMAT: 720 (Q: 47, V: 42, IR: 7, AWA: 6)
Work experience and leadership: Big Four M&A Tax (first promotion after qualifying as CA - not possible to be promoted sooner). Hold a leadership role at work amongst junior staff. Rated highly in performance reviews and have been involved with a number of high-profile client events and internal projects relating to the implications of politics (especially recent UK politics) on our services/work.
Community and others: Have an entrepreneurial background - co-founded a start-up at university and was successful as an investor whilst there. Was also a well-regarded player of a particular skill-based game that resulted in prizes and coached others in this game. Today, I continue appraising investments with my brother and also help out to manage the family business. Community-wise: more politically active than a charity person.
Post MBA goals: Investment banking in New York
Anything else? Applying round 2. Expect to produce strong essays and to focus on finance as groundwork towards a long-term goal as a FTSE100 CFO

Expert Post
Stratus Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 42

Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2017, 16:00
annie1718 wrote:
Background and nationality: white female
Undergrad Information: top 20 university in the U.S., major in social sciences, 3.6 GPA
GMAT: 710 Great GPA and a GMAT that keeps you in contention
Work experience and leadership: 2 years of non-profit experience at small environmental organizations, PhD in environmental science from a top 5 school, currently working as a research scientist The PhD always makes things a bit tricky- really explain why the MBA makes sense for you
Community and others: ceramic artist, marathoner and triathlete
Post MBA goals: Renewable energy industry
Anything else? I have strong quantitative skills (statistical programming and big data analysis) and a deep interest in environmental issues. I have no business experience or coursework.I would do some talking to people with MBAs working in renewable energy so that it is clear to Stern that you understand the path you seek. Also do a deep dive into talking to Stern students so adcom knows this is a fully baked plan for you. For some tips on Stern's essays,
https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... g-village/
Beyond this, it may help to talk to a counseling firm to best position you given the PhD as you need to show you understand why the business degree fits- and for that reach out here for a free consult: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/

Posted from my mobile device

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2017, 22:07
Hello guys!

I am an Indian female, have done my engineering from one of the top 10 colleges in the country, my gpa is little on the lower side.

1. Have been working since December 2015 for my family business. I run a team of around 80 faculties at four educational institutions. I also work as the Management head of the institution which has around 1300 students.

2. I co-own and NGO which works for the welfare of the tribal people. Have been awarded for two consecutive years by MLA and district governing body. Also worked under the district governing bodies for country’s Swachh Bharat Abhiyan and mission Indradhanush.
Organised Blood donation camps.

3. State level player of chess as well swimming. Zonal level athlete.

4. Worked as student coordinator for technical and cultural feat in the college for two consecutive years in the marketing and public relations stream respectively led a team of 80 students.

Chief editor of college magazine.

President of two different clubs at college and led a team of 90 people.

Awarded best speaker in the Model United Nations debate.
Best orator in the South zone.

Kindly evaluate my profile.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 5

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2017, 09:17
Background and nationality: Indian
Undergrad Information: 3.71 CGPA in BBA from reputed university in India
GMAT: 680
Work experience and leadership: 3 years of work ex by course commencement. No leadership at work but been very actively involved in leadership roles during graduation.
Community and others: Volunteered for over three years for community services.
Post MBA goals: Start my own venture.
Anything else?: Been academically very well, socially involved, interested in getting better and making the world better.

Do i fit in?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 5

Expert Post
Stratus Admissions Consultant
G

Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2017, 10:17
meghared wrote:
Background and nationality: Indian
Undergrad Information: 3.71 CGPA in BBA from reputed university in India
GMAT: 680
Work experience and leadership: 3 years of work ex by course commencement. No leadership at work but been very actively involved in leadership roles during graduation.
Community and others: Volunteered for over three years for community services.
Post MBA goals: Start my own venture.
Anything else?: Been academically very well, socially involved, interested in getting better and making the world better.
The GMAT being a tad under the bar- especially coming from India- I'd look for the work experience and the leadership to be OVER the bar in some way. Not sure it is for the 3 yrs of work- but the key here is what have you done in those 3 years? Have you progressed faster than those in similar circumstances? Has your leadership in community been more than one would typically expect to see in MBA applicants? These are the honest questions you should ask yourself- and that will give you an idea if you have enough to get to NYU. Also- being a bit more specific about what kind of venture and what kind of work you have done may also help you in your application- I understand if you don't want to state here- but you will really need to make sure you have a compelling story to overcome the GMAT deficit. Right now from what I see here- I just don't see it- but it could well be that you do have these things with work success and if so- be sure to highlight these in your essays! Remember we are always just a click away if you want a profile review in real time: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/
Do i fit in?

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Re: NYU Stern Profile Evaluation Thread: Post Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 15 Dec 2017, 10:17

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 26 posts ] 

NYU Stern Profile Evaluation Thread: Post Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap