GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Jun 2019, 06:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Is the Kaplan diagnostic easier than the actual GMAT?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Is the Kaplan diagnostic easier than the actual GMAT?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jul 2017, 00:30
I gave the free Kaplan diagnostic test yesterday, after preparing for a while, and scored a 750. I felt the test was easier than the CATs I have taken earlier, such as the Manhattan CATs.
Hence, it would really clear a lot of my doubts if someone answered the following questions:

1) Is the free Kaplan diagnostic easier than the actual GMAT?
2) Is the free Kaplan diagnostic easier than the other Kaplan CATs?
3) Is the free Kaplan diagnostic any good indicator of the GMAT score I might achieve later?

I request anyone who has taken the Kaplan tests or has knowledge about the tests to answer the questions. It would help me a lot.
Thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern
Re: Is the Kaplan diagnostic easier than the actual GMAT?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jul 2017, 01:11
Could someone please answer this query? That would certainly help my preparation.
Current Student
B
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V39
GPA: 3.4
WE: Science (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 05 Jul 2017, 03:01
sunnykumar15 wrote:
I gave the free Kaplan diagnostic test yesterday, after preparing for a while, and scored a 750. I felt the test was easier than the CATs I have taken earlier, such as the Manhattan CATs.
Hence, it would really clear a lot of my doubts if someone answered the following questions:

1) Is the free Kaplan diagnostic easier than the actual GMAT?
2) Is the free Kaplan diagnostic easier than the other Kaplan CATs?
3) Is the free Kaplan diagnostic any good indicator of the GMAT score I might achieve later?

I request anyone who has taken the Kaplan tests or has knowledge about the tests to answer the questions. It would help me a lot.
Thanks in advance!

Difficulty will depend on a) how you think and b) how you have learned to approach the exam.

All things equal, however, I personally think:
1) It is a little easier. 30-40 points.
2) About the same...Kaplan overall has the same nature of questions.
3) In a way, yes. A 750 demonstrates that you are prepared for an exam but it in no way guarantees it. Even GMATPrep results can deviate by as much as 30-40 points depending on exam conditions so take the 750 with a grain of salt.

If you're expecting to go in with a reasonable expectation, do a variety of tests from multiple sources. Manhattan, Kaplan, Veritas etc. I personally found Manhattan's to be the most challenging. Then, at the end, go for the two free GMATPrep ones available to you - there's nothing closer.
CEO
CEO
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 05 Jul 2017, 04:18
sunnykumar15 wrote:
Could someone please answer this query? That would certainly help my preparation.
Use those tests as a broad indicator of your progress. Try to stick to the GMATPreps to see just how close you are to your target score. That said, a 750 certainly looks like a great score, even on a non-official test!
Re: Is the Kaplan diagnostic easier than the actual GMAT?   [#permalink] 05 Jul 2017, 04:18

Is the Kaplan diagnostic easier than the actual GMAT?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep