GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video
GMAT Club
It is currently 20 May 2022, 18:30

FINAL DECISION
SORT BY
Most helpful
SORT BY Interview date
Recent interviewed
SORT BY Post date
Recent posted
Debrief posted on  Mar 07 2022 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Alumni Interviewed on: Mar 06 2022 Final Decision: Interviewed

"1. What do you do on a daily basis at work, follow ups on metrics, asked me to describe the product, a few more follow ups on the product - in trying to understand the target customers and the evolution of online sales 2. LT Career goals: why Edtech and ISB has about 60% engineers, how do I plan to compete with them for recruiting. What do I bring to the table 3. Why product management? What in my view does a product manager do 4. If I were to build an Ed-tech product? What would it be? How would you pitch it. 5. Follow up on the product that I pitched 6. Why product management? Why not a business owner or a category owner I had three interviewers, I knew their names, but they did not introduce themselves. Jumped right into the discussion. The entire interview overshot by 5 minutes post the scheduled 45min. They did not ask me if I had any questions for them (I had questions, but didn't ask since I wasn't given the opportunity). Towards the end, one interviewer mentioned that it was a very productive discussion. I'm still ambivalent of the interview because they didn't ask me to introduce myself, nor did they provide introductions, and they completely refrained from typical b-school interview questions such as Why ISB and QnA."

This user wants to stay Private from India WE: 56 months; Computer Software
0 out of 0 people found this Debrief helpful.

Was this Debrief helpful for you?

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 24 2022 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Feb 20 2022 Final Decision: Admitted

"The interview was pretty smooth and straightforward. I was interviewed by a panel of 3 members, all of whom were extremely senior alums. Questions asked: 1) Introduction 2) What is your biggest achievement 3) Challenge you faced during that 4) Why MBA? 5) Why not FMBA? (coming from a Corporate + FMB Background) 6) If you don't get an MBA, you can still scale up your business. So why MBA? 7) What will you do if you don't get an admit? 8) Will you reapply? 9) Questions regarding Hobby 1 and Hobby 2 10) Discussion around leadership quality mentioned in the essay and how i have showcased it. 11) QnA The interviewers listened to all the answers patiently. They had a straight face throughout. No expressions or Cross Questioning at all. Just be confident and give complete answers. Try connecting the dots! It should work well."

This user wants to stay Private from India WE: 67 months;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 21 2022 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Feb 20 2022 Final Decision: Interviewed

"Panel members- 3 (2 joined from US, 1 from London) Interview duration- 25 mins + 10 mins for my questions Overview- Revolved around work-ex and what I intend to achieve from ISB. Interviewers were calm and were interested to listen my story. Not once did they cross-question. Went pretty smooth Q- Tell us about yourself Q- What you do at your workplace Q- How has been your experience working from home Q- Biggest challenge at workplace and how did you resolve Q- Why consulting (my short term goal) Q- What do you think are some key skills to be successful as a cons Q- Have you ever lied at your workplace, share context Q- If you don't make it to ISB this year, what would be the 2 main reasons Q- What do you gain the most out of 1 year at ISB Rest were the questions about my hobbies."

This user wants to stay Private from India GMAT 710; WE: 44 months; Consulting

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 22 2022 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Feb 20 2022 Final Decision: Admitted

"Panel Members- 2(Co-08 and Co-16) Interview Duration- 45 mins Overview- It was very conversational and revolved mostly around my work-ex and hobbies. 1. Why an MBA right now and why from ISB? 2. Tell us something about your job and day to day responsibilities? 3. Tell us reasons with example why you moved up the ladder faster than your peers in your job?(I had back to back promotions) 4. How has your job evolved since you joined the firm initially and what challenges have you faced due to it? 5. If you have to write a template for a new hire to follow, so that he can have a similar trajectory to yours, What will you mention in it? 6. How will ISB help you achieve your goals? Shifted to Hobbies (Football) 7. Why should one support Manchester United over Real Madrid and Barcelona? 8. Why do you think are they struggling recently? 9. Assume that you are the CEO of Manchester United, First state reasons why you should not sign Ronaldo, then state reasons why you should sign him and why did you eventually sign him? 10. Try being the devil in the room, Tell us reasons why you should not join ISB. 11. Any Plan B if ISB does not work out? 12. If you had a chance, What is that one thing you would change in your past? 13. Any questions for Alums?"

prakharshukla555 from India GMAT 710; WE: 39 months; Consulting

yes
no
Online Interviewed on: Feb 20 2022 Final Decision: Waitlisted with Interview

"Panel Members-2 both from India Interview Duration- 40mins Overview - Revolved around my work-ex and what I intend to achieve from ISB and what I want to do post ISB. It was a conversational interview. Q- Tell us about yourself Q- Why MBA after working in a Manager Role Q- Leadership Style / Challenge Faced Q- Practical vs Theoretical learning in Management (Specific to my experience) Q- Key Challenges for the growth of an Organization (Specific to my experience) Q- Why ISB Q- Advice for those joining the workforce (Specific to my experience) Q- Challenges that will be face by me during the transition of Industries Q- Why change of Industries Q- MBA now or tried or thought of it before Q- Prefer working in large organization vs small organization 4-5 Questions related to Hobby to judge my assessment of a Business Case. Q- Questions for the alums Both were very friendly and never attempted to stress me out."

This user wants to stay Private from India GMAT 720; WE: 101 months; Energy and Utilities

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 25 2022 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Feb 20 2022 Final Decision: Interviewed

""Panel Members- 2(Co-13 and Co-17) Early Entry Option Candidate Interview Duration- 35 mins Overview- It was very conversational, and they were very interested in my Entrepreneurial Ventures Q- Please tell us about all your Entrepreneurship Ventures and their timeline Q- Entrepreneurship is challenging, and results aren't visible in a short duration; while your friends might be earning more during this phase of your career, How does that make you feel? Q- Explain to us what made you start so many Entrepreneurship ventures and be a Serial Entrepreneur; how did your family take it? Q- Describe what will you do if there were no constraints in scaling up your Business? Q- How do you find your clients? Q- How do you handle conflict at Work Q- How will your employees describe you? Q- Tell us about an Interesting campaign which you did? Q- What do you plan to do for the remainder of this year before you join ISB(EEO Candidate), and what will you do at ISB? Q- Is It common for Students to now Intern at International Institutes like Georgia tech? Q- Tell us your learnings and Experience at Georgia Tech? Q- How will your friends describe you? Q- Tell us more about your fragrance collection hobby? Q- Questions for the Alum I had a lovely chat with them, they did not grill me on any part of my profile; super friendly."

This user wants to stay Private from India GMAT 760; WE: 7 months; Advertising and PR

yes
no
Online Interviewed on: Feb 19 2022 Final Decision: Admitted

"One panelist was from Co '06 and the other was from Co '13. Both conducted the interview very well. They were very pleasant to speak with. The interview went on for about 40 mins. The paneI did not make me feel stressed out at any point. Interview questions : 1. You're in the space of marketing etc. Tell me about your journey so far. 2. Why marketing? 3. Tell me about an interesting marketing campaign / brand whose marketing you like? 4. Tell me about XYZ competition you took part in during your undergrad? (context: in my application I had mentioned that I was a finalist at a national level competition, so the question was about this) 5. Say there was no barrier in terms of age or qualification, what role would you choose to work in and why? 6. What does customer experience mean to you? 7. Name two companies that you would like to work for 8. Have you applied to any other B schools? 9. Question about a conflict with my manager. What would i do in that situation. 10. Your career is going well at your current organisation. Why MBA now? 11. Any questions for us? I worked with Preppie for the interview prep. They were extremely thorough. Would 10/10 recommend them!"

This user wants to stay Private from India GMAT 690; WE: 49 months; Consumer Products

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 17 2022 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Feb 12 2022 Final Decision: Denied with Interview

"Panelists: 2, both alumni Duration: 25-30 minutes Before starting with the interview the panelists asked me if I am comfortable and if I am good to get started. They then went on to introduce themselves. Questions asked: 1. Tell us about your work experience 2. What are some of the responsibilities that you have shouldered? 3. How do you resolve technical challenges for your team? 4. Why do you think communication is the most important leadership quality? (This question stemmed from my essay) 5. My goals and the skillset I would require to attain those goals. 6. Why ISB? 7. What kind of consulting have you done in your role? (I am a tech consultant) 8. Do you want to talk about something that you do other than your work? Something that stands out in your profile? Anything other than “call of duty”? 9. Any questions for us? The interviewers were absolutely straight-faced and were not giving anything out."

This user wants to stay Private from India GMAT 690; WE: 42 months; Consulting

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 07 2022 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Feb 06 2022 Final Decision: Interviewed

"I was interviewed by 2 ISB Alumns. I'm an EEO candidate. It started without an introduction from them. Questions asked: 1. Tell us about yourself 2. Why MBA? 3. Why ISB? Why not other B-schools? 4. Questions about my job in immense detail 5. What do you hate the most about your job? 6. What do you do in a day to day basis? 7. What development goals have you set? 8. Asked about my social startup and how i plan to scale it. 9. Asked about another start up and how we plan to make money out of it. 10. Product case question. Improve it and how will you make more revenue from it? 11. What's a good product that has a bad business. 12. Goals just post ISB? 13. What do you bring to the cohort? 14. Any questions for us? Asked for 2 questions There were more questions based on each answer i gave. My interview lasted for 55 minutes. Overall, the panel questioned me a lot on my work and product cases. Things like KPIs, Revenue streams and market understanding was expected. It was a very conversational flow and they spoke kindly. Feel free to reach out to me for further clarification."

starredastro from India GMAT 720; WE: 14 months; Computer Software

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 19 2022 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Feb 06 2022 Final Decision: Admitted

"EEO Applicant Panelist - 3 ( Co'13, Co'15 & Co'16) Interview Time - 30 Mins The interview started 15 mins late. The entire conversation was smooth & friendly. Questions which were asked - 1) Tell us something about you, which is not mentioned in the application 2) Introduce yourself 3) What does daily work look like? 4) You mention supply chain issues - elaborate on it - few more qs on it for 5-7 mins 5) Any project that you showed VP or CEO 6) Asked specifics on marketing activations done on the brands. 6) Why ISB 7) What are your goals after ISB 8) General knowledge qs - govt thinks amazon/flipkart are destroying brick & mortar stores sector in India - what are your views? 9) Qs on the Non profit work mentioned in my application - kind of work - what is my motivation? 10) What do the senior managers at my organization do 11) Any qs for us Overall it was a great experience. I was confident & smiling throughout. They were very friendly & no grilling questions were asked. Just be prepared for the basic questions related to your work & goals. I took 4 mock interviews with ISB alumni before my interview, which really helped me. All the best! Do reach out for further clarification."

ayushi1219 GMAT 700; WE: 16 months; Consumer Products

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 03 2022 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Jan 30 2022 Final Decision: Interviewed

""I interviewed on 30th January, 2 alums (Unknown,No intro from them) But the panel had a great idea about sales and marketing, so I guess ISB made sure the panellists assigned were from a similar background as mine. The interview lasted for about 40 mins. Questions 1. Tell us about yourself and your favourite place(and why?). 2. Asked about learnings from my previous job and how I tacked a difficult situation there. 3. Asked about the whereabouts of the Start-up I am currently working on. 4. Career goals, why MBA? why ISB? (Suggestion: Pls personalise your answers) 5. Difficulties faced in my current industry and how I would tackle if I become the CEO. 6. As my profile was sales-related, I got several situational based questions based on product pricing and how placements of SKU's should be done in a said future, how I would compete with a big competition. 7. What specific courses at ISB will help you achieve your goals 8. My answers were oriented based on 'how ISB would be the perfect fit for me'. On the contrary, they asked what's your plan, If ISB does not happen. 9. They didn't ask if I had any questions. The interview was purely conversational, the alums just wanted to know me better and about the niche industry, I was working on. I would definitely recommend Preppie and Strategy4GMAT for ISB interview training, plus mock interviews for preparation. As I had a diverse background, I faced specific discrepancies addressing a few blind spots(reasonings) and structuring my answers accordingly. I am really glad I took the sessions with the right teams at the right moment. Special thanks to Manan sir from Strategy4Gmat, who also took the initiative and helped me out during this hour of need. Their team helped me extensively to personalise my answers and differentiate them from the generic ones. The mock interview was quite helpful as I received valuable feedback + insights on my target industry from several alums of Preppie(highly recommend). Ayush from the management team at Preppie was super helpful and highly motivating throughout the process.He made sure I was assigned with someone similar to my background."

This user wants to stay Private from India WE: 56 months; Consumer Products

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 01 2022 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Jan 30 2022 Final Decision: Interviewed

"Profile: Commerce Background with 2.5 years of work experience in Investment Banking My interview (~50 minutes) was very conversational and the panel made sure that I was comfortable. My interview started at 9. am sharp with two interviewers joining from Singapore. They introduced themselves stating fun facts about themselves and asked me to follow the same course. I gave a very brief introduction about myself and told them how being broke landed me a job in college. We had a good laugh with the back story and this ice breaker set the course for the entire interview. Panelist 1: I see your background is very interesting, would you like to talk about it? Me: I had painted my bedroom wall and that was the background. I talked about how passionate I was towards art and about the Startup which I had joined in my college. Panelist 2: So, why do you want to do an MBA? Me: Reasoned that for time being, I want to keep my passion and profession separate and not mix them up. Panelist 2: And why ISB? Me: For me, diversity of ISB and its curriculum are major focus areas, so I dived on these aspects Panelist 1: You see, both of us are not from Fin background, so explain in layman terms, what you do at your job? Panelist 2: Yes, explain like you would to your grandmother. Me: Explained with the help of examples Panelist 1: This sounds interesting and it pays you well, why not stay here? Me: Explained my reasons Panelist 2: How has your creativity helped you in your work? Me: Quoted instances Panelist 1: There have been times when your creativity must have helped you outside, right? Me: Quoted instances Panelist 1: So, how do you guys go about communicating within your team? Me: Explained them our division of workflow and communication throughout the day Panelist 1: "Aisa hua hoga naa kabhi ki differences toh hue hi honge, kya kia fir" (Dealing with conflicts) Me: Again, instance Panelist 2: Have you ever had differences with your manager? Me: Yes, quoted the instance and how I dealt with it by communicating effectively. Panelist 2: So, who are you outside work? Who are you apart from what you study, work, you do? Me: Briefly told them about myself in a very different context (quoting an instance of what I did when I was completely exhausted while working 60+ hrs in a particular week) Panelist 1: What do you think will be the most challenging thing in ISB for you? Me: The urge to do everything might overwhelm me Panelist 1: What problems do you think ISB will solve for you? Me: Answered Panelist 1: You mentioned that you read the Gita, batao kya seekha? (what you learned) Me: Answered with my favourite quote and how it has shaped my thought process and lifted me up when I was at the lowest point in my life. Panelist 1 & 2 were quite impressed with this answer and told me that they are taking this away from the interview and will themselves start reading it. Panelists asked me to ask questions. I asked 3-4 questions about their experience and after a hearty laugh, it came to an end. Overall view: Panelists were very supportive and encouraging, didn't try to intimidate at any point and were focused more on the behavioral aspect of things. Preparation: I had a lot going on in my job, so I didn't have the bandwidth to take any mock interview. I was very very thorough with what I had mentioned on my application and was confident on questions wrt work that could have been thrown."

This user wants to stay Private from India GMAT 710; WE: 25 months; Investment Banking

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 03 2022 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Alumni Interviewed on: Jan 30 2022 Final Decision: Waitlisted with Interview

"The interview focused on a lot of behavioral questions like - 1. Who is your favorite co-worker 2. What do you feel about Teamwork 3. How would you use ISB to the best 4. What challenges do you face in working with Japanese stakeholders 5. How would you proceed if your clients say no to your approach 6. Tell us about your extracurricular activities 7. What is your favorite book and your learnings from it 8. What challenges did you face in setting up a committee in your workplace (mentioned in extracurricular) 9. Tell us about this project and your contributions and learnings from the same (the project was mentioned in my job achievements) 10. What would you do if one of the members from your study group didn't complete their task and tomorrow is the deadline 11. Why do you want to pursue this career"

This user wants to stay Private from India GMAT 660; WE: 30 months; Other

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 01 2022 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Jan 29 2022 Final Decision: Interviewed

"I interviewed on 29th January, 2 alums from Co’2018 , Co’2016 as panelists. Lasted for 40 mins. Questions- 1. Tell me about yourself 2. Tell me about a time when your inputs improved an existing process ( follow up questions on the thinking behind your inputs, impact , lessons for next time) 3. How did you balance ECs and acads in UG? Motivation behind ECs 4. Career goals, why MBA for them, why ISB? 5. How can you contribute to ISB Co’2023 6. Tell me about a situation when you had to learn something new 7. What specific courses at ISB will help you achieve your goals 8. Other than acads, ECs what plans at ISB? 9. Questions for the panel Interview was purely conversational, the alums just wanted to know me better. I faced major internet issues in the last 5 mins of the interview, but the alums and adcom were understanding and cooperative. For preparation, I would definitely recommend preppie for isb interview training plus mock interviews. Their preparation kit is very thorough and a great starting point. The mock interview was super helpful too as I received valuable feedback + insights on my target industry by Shubham from Preppie. Special thanks to Ayush from the management team at Preppie as he was super helpful and cooperative, and provided encouragement throughout the preparation process."

trueblue971 from India GMAT 710; Consulting

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 02 2022 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Jan 29 2022 Final Decision: Admitted

"My interview experience was very good. It was as smooth as people say. Most of the discussions revolved around my work ex, goals and my back up plan if ISB doesn't happens. No extra curricular or stress interview. Interview used to be my weakest point, thankfully i got to know about Preppie (An ISB Alumi initiative - where ISB alums take your mock interviews). Those people scheduled 2 mocks within a span of 4 days on my request since I was short on time. They boosted my confidence and pointed out areas of improvement where ever necessary or told me how I could have answered them in a better way."

pranavsinghal1151 from India WE: 48 months;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 06 2022 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Alumni Interviewed on: Jan 23 2022 Final Decision: Interviewed

"12:00 pm slot 23/01/22 - (Interview panel - 5) The interview started 15 mins late. I am a civil engineer and I work in a public sector role. I have also started a couple of small business ventures.The interviewing panel were either from my working background or from the industry that I wanted to transition to post-MBA. Panelist 1: First Interviewer (Real Estate Background): Introduce yourself: Panelist 1: Why ST goal? Panelist 1: A lot of grilling on my pre-MBA work experience and the skills that I think would be helpful to transition to my post-MBA role. Panelist 1: “Tell me about a time when you were innovative to help people during the pandemic.” Panelist 2: Second interviewer (Marketing Background): Mostly asked situational questions: Panelist 2: “MBA in general management from ISB/similar business schools or MS in Tech from top universities in US such as Cornell?” Panelist 2: “Alternative short-term career goals.” Panelist 2: “What skills do you have that would help you in your alternative career goal?” Panelist 2: “What is the one question that you were expecting us to ask till now, but we haven’t asked?” (I said Why ISB?) Panelist 2: Ok then, Why ISB? Panelist 2: “How are your experiences with ISB alums different from what you have experienced with alums from other business schools.” (I had mentioned about how helpful and open ISB alums were when I had reached out to them during my research) Panelist 3: Interviewer 3 Panelist 3: A lot of grilling about my past work experiences. Panelist 3: “What would happen to your free lance business when you join MBA?” Panelist 3: “What moral obligation do you feel towards your employees if you stop your work? And a lot more grilling on permutations and combinations if I don't get into an MBA program." Panelist 2: Interviewer 2 stepped in again. This time he asked what is one thing that you could have done differently in the past or one thing that you could change? and a little more grilling. Panelist 2: “This is a situational question and you would not be judged on what you answer for this question. If you could suggest one bad thing about each of us three interviewers, what would it be?” Panelist 2: “If you assess yourself what is the one weakness that you would like to improve in yourself?” (I explained that I am Introvert and I would like to improve my overall improv skills) Panelist 2: The interviewer explained three situations in which introverts find themselves in. He gave me three options: “a. Either you are an introvert and you have accepted it and you have given up on trying to speak to people. b. You want to speak and you have a lot to speak, but you don’t speak out of fear of failure of what others might judge you. c. You don’t have anything interesting to speak. So, you don’t speak. If you had to choose any one of these options that would resemble you, which one would it be? He emphasised that I have to choose one.” Without taking much time.(I answered the second option.) Panelist 2: “Then you say you have fear to speak and in your essays, you speak about being brave. How can these things go together?” (I said that I have been always aware about my fears and I have made conscious decision in life to overcome my fears. And facing your fears is also being brave. I said you can always improve. There is always room for improvement.) Then it was my turn to ask questions. Asked a couple of questions to all panelists. The interview lasted for about 50 minutes. The interview was extremely conversational. All of the panelists made me feel really comfortable. Overall, it was a great experience."

This user wants to stay Private from India GMAT 730; WE: 66 months; Non-Profit and Government

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jan 23 2022 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Jan 23 2022 Final Decision: Admitted

"I had my interview with Panel 3 on the 23rd Jan. Similar to all other interviews, the tone was conversational. Largely, the 30-min interview went quite well imo. Atleast better than I expected. (no specific order) 1. What's your role? 2. Break it down, what have you done in the last two years. 3. Few grilling on two points I had mentioned wrt work. 4. Naturally flowed to how I overcome a difficult situation in my job. 5. Why ISB? Why MBA? 6. "We hear that from everyone". Give a deeper answer on why ISB. 7. Question around a point I mentioned on how I expected to contribute to ISB using an experience at work. 8. Question around that experience. Another question on how you overcame that. 9. What two things you expect to take away from ISB? 10. You mentioned a lot about X in your essay. How does this help you ok your job. 11. Few questions I have forgotten. 12. Another question I had mentioned that I am pursuing a specific course on upskilling. The questions were all around my essays, and 2-3 points in my job experience. One alum concentrated on my work ex, other on my ECs. No questions around long term goal, guesstimates, which other school, "Tell me a situation" etc. Mocks 1/2 - S4G: helped me nail my basic questions and few more improvements in my interview style. Mock 3 - Preppie - was absolutely grilled in this one lol, helped me realise quite a few blindspots in my profile to pay attention to."

VV21 from India GMAT 770; WE: 4 months; Energy and Utilities

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jan 23 2022 [#permalink] ISB, PGP Pro
Off Campus with Alumni Interviewed on: Jan 23 2022 Final Decision: Interviewed

"It was a conversational tone. There was some grilling on my work-ex and switches as I had a few. Questions: 1) Tell me about yourself 2) Can you explain the thought process of moving from Co 1 to Co 2 to Co 3 (present) , why did you switch etc 3)What skills have you developed in the last 2-3 years that you feel you are better at now compared to earlier 4)What did you not like about Co 1/ why did you leave ( further grilling) 5)How is your experience at Present co 6)Why do you want to leave it then and do an MBA now if happy with the learning there? 7)Any problem you faced at any of your work experiences, and what was your learning 8) Asked about a marketing course I had done ( different from my overall CV) Go prepared for the interview as nervousness is bound to happen. I could answer to 70% of my satisfaction compared with mocks, as the real thing is bound to make you nervous. So be ready with your points for the general kind of questions expected. All the best!"

Aayusha000001 WE: 26 months; Private Equity

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jan 22 2022 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Jan 22 2022 Final Decision: Admitted

"Duration - 45 min Panelists - 2 Alums and 1 Adcom member ( Cam turned off ). Questions :- 1. What did you learn in your current role? 2. Why did you choose that undergraduate degree and why did you make the career shift? 3. Long term goals and details about those. 4. Situtational question - What would you do if you are made CEO? 5. What you don't like about ISB? 6. What did you learn in your undergraduate degree that you are applying in your current role? And lots more questions similar to these. The interview was conversational and not stress. They were genuinely interested in my story and listened intently. I used Preppie for the mocks. They were incredibly useful while preparing for the ISB interview. The alums helped me understand what the interviewers are looking for. They also gave feedback on where I was going wrong and how I should correct that."

This user wants to stay Private Manufacturing

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jan 28 2022 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Alumni Interviewed on: Jan 22 2022 Final Decision: Interviewed

"• Tell me about yourself and why MBA • What are the three things that your work experience taught you • Why consulting if your long-term goal is to go into retail and lifestyle fashion brands • What do consultants do and why do businesses hire consultants • Why did Paytm IPO fail • What is the average PE ratio of NASDAQ and the highest it might have gone? • What was the reason behind the financial crisis 2008 • What have you done for your family jewelry retail business (I mentioned it in my essay) • Why don’t you take your family business to an online channel? Tips: Be thorough with your work ex and related industry."

This user wants to stay Private GMAT 700; WE: 31 months; Investment Banking

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jan 23 2022 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Alumni Interviewed on: Jan 22 2022 Final Decision: Interviewed

"Interview started right on time. 1. Tell me about yourself. 2. Why there were multiple job switches in span of 4 years? 3. Why MBA and ISB? 4. If we put you in a group of 4 ISB students , what unique would you bring to the table? 5. If we put you in a new industry and a sector, how would you go about exploring ? 6. If there were no MBA in India, How will you achieve your short term goal? 7. What new strategy will you implement in your current organisation? 8. Considering you have experience in US and SEA-ME market, why don't you apply to a B-school outside india? Thanks to the preppie and ISB mantra team for getting me prepped.Mock interviews really helped me in getting comfortable.My sense is that you will get some curveball questions and to be prepared for that. Be confident and you will get through."

This user wants to stay Private from India GMAT 710;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jan 19 2022 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Jan 16 2022 Final Decision: Denied with Interview

"16th Jan - 2 PM slot Duration 45 mins 2 panelists - Co 2008 & 2010 1 adcom video off Both Alumns were really interested to know me as a person and made me feel very comfortable. They gave me the opportunity to lead the interview by talking mostly about what I wanted them to hear about my profile. Questions: 1. Tell us about yourself - a few follow-up questions about my hobbies 2. Asked me a few questions about my work experience 3. Behavioral questions around leadership experience from my professional and personal life 4. Motivation behind pursuing an MBA at this point 5. How will you add value to the batch at ISB 6. Detailed line of questioning about an internship I pursued with UNDP - panelists were genuinely interested to know the impact that I drove 7. Detailed discussion around my hobbies - Coffee (asked to make a sales pitch for specialty coffee) & Wildlife Photography (asked me questions about national parks, equipment and also asked me to show some of my photography collection) 8. Checked coherence of my thoughts around Post-MBA career goals 9. Any questions for us? I had taken Preppie's services (5 mocks) and they were really helpful throughout the preparation. I could easily sense that most of the questions in my actual interview had already been covered in one or the other mock. I would highly recommend their service to anyone preparing for an ISB interview."

This user wants to stay Private from India GMAT 710; WE: 30 months; Energy and Utilities

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jan 18 2022 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Jan 16 2022 Final Decision: Interviewed

"1. Can you walk us through your journey so far and why you want to pursue an MBA from ISB. 2. Question about a work initiative I mentioned in my essays 3. Cross questions on work experience and any team management issues I faced. Some more questions on the specifics since one of the interviewer was from the same domain 4. Question on why I feel that ISB can help me achieve my goals. 5. Question on how my involvement in extra curricular's will help me achieve my goals 6. Question on long term goals and some cross questions on that. 7. Any questions for us?"

This user wants to stay Private from India GMAT 730; WE: 30 months; Computer Software

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jan 16 2022 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Jan 16 2022 Final Decision: Admitted

"What others say is true, it was definitely a stress-free interview and all the alums had a polite vibe to them. I was shivering, but only because it is so damn cold where I live. The interview started a few minutes late. It was a 20-25 minute interview followed by a 10-minute Q&A. The alumni introduced themselves and asked me to follow suit. The rest of the interview revolved around my profile, essays, and personal and professional experiences. I believe it was that way because I have a non-traditional background and they were interested in hearing more about my work. They did ask me a few questions to check my general awareness of things I mentioned in my profile. There were no questions regarding how I would handle certain situations, nor questions around why ISB or why MBA. I had clearly spelled out my career ambitions in my essays and wasn't asked anything about what, but was asked as to why? So guys, be calm and trust yourself - you'll sail through. Update: Admitted with a tuition waiver. Key takeaways - diversity in profile and overall confidence are big positives. If you have other questions, please comment and I will respond."

This user wants to stay Private GMAT 740; WE: 72 months;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jan 15 2022 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Jan 16 2022 Final Decision: Interviewed

"16th Jan - 8 am slot Duration 45 mins 3 panelists - C’o 2008, 13, 17 - all out of the country - in a different time zone. 1 adcom video off Questions: 1. Walk us through your work ex, why did you change jobs? 2. More details about previous work ex - my job responsibilities 3. Details about long term goals - how I plan on achieving them 4. Details about my contribution to clubs during UG which I had mentioned 5. Why ISB? Why not an Indian B school? 6. Plan B? If you don't get into ISB or any MBA school? 7. What impact did your contribution to the club make? Slight cross-questions to have a structured answer. 8. Any questions for us? These are the points that I can remember, most other questions revolved around my profile - why/how I did what I did. Interview was conversational, no cutting off or cross questioning."

This user wants to stay Private from India GMAT 720; WE: 40 months; Other

yes
no