GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video
GMAT Club
It is currently 10 May 2021, 10:44

FINAL DECISION
SORT BY
Most helpful
SORT BY Interview date
Recent interviewed
SORT BY Post date
Recent posted
Debrief posted on  Mar 21 2021 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Mar 20 2021 Final Decision: Interviewed

"3 Alums (2002, 2004, 2017) The interview was very interactive and a fun experience. Questions: - Tell us about yourself - I had mentioned about my love for fashion, so a woman from the panel asked how am I planning to inculcate in my career. - Why ISB and why now? - Why can't I just continue with my job and maybe my company will sponsor my education further and reach where I want to? - Quite a few questions on my long term goal, how is that going to make a difference. - What role does relationships play in a woman's life? - What are the challenges faced by women in our society? - My current role and how does it make an impact on the bigger picture. - Two negative experiences. - What is the different quality that I bring to the table. - Asked about a automation tool which I made at my work - What do I think consultants do? The interview ended with, do you have any questions for us. I am not sure how did the interview go but I certainly enjoyed it. I took a mock interview from Preppie which really really helped."

sbordia from India GMAT 700; WE: 34 months; Consulting
0 out of 0 people found this Debrief helpful.

Was this Debrief helpful for you?

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 20 2021 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Mar 20 2021 Final Decision: Waitlisted with Interview

"Interview Time: 12 PM Panel Members: 2 Alums (CO'13) + 1(Video Off) Q: Tell me about yourself. Q: How did I help my previous firm grow (picked up from my essay) Q:3 Follow up questions on the answers I had given to understand the details of it Q: How did I bring a degrowing category in growth in my current job (picked up from essay) Q: Follow up question with the answer I gave; To consider them as my management and pitch in the changes which I suggested Q: Difference between UAE retail market and Indian Retail market (based on my work experience) Q: How would MBA help me in my short term goal which I had stated in my essay Q : Follow up questions with how would I not able to learn those things while working in my current role also Q: Plan B if it does not work out for the short term goal I am striving for Q: Any questions for us? Q: Before ending Do you play any instrument or sing (picked up from my hobby) The interview went on for about 30 mins. The interview was conversational. They were keen to know about projects undertaken and my role and how will an MBA help me achieving those goal, it was not stressful at all. I think it went well. I had my answers ready to their questions and they were asking a few follow ups. I had taken help from Strategy4GMAT for mocks and they helped me understand the prospective of the interviewer and how to structure my answers to make them impactful, took 3 mocks from them and each one had different questions and it helped me quite a lot as I already had answered the questions asked in the actual interview and with the feedback in mocks was able to make them a lot better. Fingers Crossed"

ankitj111 from India GMAT 680; WE: 104 months; Retail

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Apr 06 2021 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Alumni Interviewed on: Mar 20 2021 Final Decision: Admitted

"Panel - 2 alumni (males) + 1 adcom member (video off) My interview lasted for around 45 minutes and was very conversational in nature. Both the alumni were extremely attentive and friendly. They introduced themselves at the very beginning of the interview. A majority of my interview was centered around my work experience. They asked me detailed questions about different kinds of projects I had worked on - my role, interactions with other team members, conflicts (if any), impact of the project, skills gained, etc. I even received a few counter questions on the work I had done. They then asked me about my short and long term goals and why ISB. They asked me a few questions about my family and a few of the extra curriculars I had mentioned in my application. The interview ended with them asking me if I had any questions. The overall interview experience was good. Both alumni made me feel very comfortable and showed a very keen interest in my work and hobbies. Prior to my interview, I booked an hour-long interview training session with Preppie. The training was really helpful as they provided me with specific questions to prepare well for. The one hour session with the ISB alumni was extremely useful since I received detailed feedback and tips on each point usually covered in an interview. The session prepared me to handle any curveballs that came my way. I would highly recommend Preppie for ISB aspirants"

This user wants to stay Private from India GMAT 700; WE: 35 months;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 21 2021 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Mar 20 2021 Final Decision: Interviewed

"- 2 Alums: Senior Consultant (Co’10) & Entrepreneur (Co’18) - Duration: 1 hour 10 mins (interview started 30 mins after scheduled time) Questions: 1. Let’s dive into your current experience - what does your current organisation do and what is your role? 2. Did you interact with farmers? What challenges did they face? 3. In light of the farm act, how is your organisation’s intervention going to help farmers? 4. How are farmers incentivised to take your help as opposed to approaching Mandis? 5. What learnings or strengths have you brought from your previous job that helps you with your current role? 6. Why did you transition from your previous organisation to your current one? Was it your choice? 7. What did you do at your previous job? 8. Your previous organisation has acquired an e-commerce platform - what are your thoughts on that? 9. Where do you think your previous organisation is headed wrt to the new verticals that have come up? 10. What kind of data crunching did you do in your sales role? 11. Did you manage a team? How many people? 12. Given that you worked with distributors from different regions, how did you measure the performance of your team? 13. What steps did you take to understand the different regions you worked in? 14. Case: if you had to launch a new product (eg:water) in Mumbai and Chhattisgarh, what parameters would you use to measure the consumer type in both regions? (Delved deeper into this case) 15. Given you’ve had this kind of experience, why do you want an MBA? Why not continue in your current for a few more years? What is your short-term goal? 16. What do you hope to take away from ISB and contribute to ISB? - I mentioned ELP and the follow up question was: you’ve had far more valuable experience than the ELP can offer so why MBA? 17. Specifically Net Impact and Marketing clubs - what do you hope to contribute and leverage? (I mentioned these two clubs) 18. Going back to your work experience, what challenges and learnings did you have in your first job? 19. What do you think is the pro and con of technology in education? (Question related to the sector of my first job - Education/non-profit) 20. Are you still associated with your first organisation as a volunteer? 21. Are you currently volunteering with any organisation? 22. Where did you grow up? How has that shaped you? 23. What are your interests? How have your interests changed you? 24. You said you’ve lived in Mumbai for the past 15 years - what changes have you seen in this city over this time? Are these changes good or bad according to you? 25. What questions do you have for us? The tone was largely conversational, I was asked a lot of questions around my current and previous work experience. One alum continuously interjected while the other one asked the main questions. I did not expect to work on a case but that happened during the interview and I took it as a learning opportunity. Overall, I was able to provide some answer for every question and I didn’t blank out or get flustered. I was a little thrown off by the case but I asked clarifying questions to get a handle on it. The case was specific to the regions I had handled in my previous role. The energy of the interview was positive from start to finish."

This user wants to stay Private from India GMAT 660; WE: 80 months; Non-Profit and Government

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 13 2021 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Alumni Interviewed on: Mar 13 2021 Final Decision: Denied with Interview

"3 Alumns - 2004, 2013, 2016 batch 1 good boy, 1 bad boy and 1 neutral (who was supposed to be just the tech guy but ended up asking the most questions) Grilling, Kind of stress. On top of it they were really short on time. We started with me explaining my career progression with my current entrepreneurial experience as a focus. Few cross questions here and there. Grilled me a lot on Entrepreneurship. Why MBA suddenly after just a year of entrepreneurship. What did you learn through this journey. What conflicts did you go through. How would you handle conflicts with your peers during your MBA course. -- "Bad boy" wasn't convinced with my answers. What is the one thing you would take from PGP at ISB - I mentioned Credibility - They respected this honest answer What Else? I said Networking - What kind of people would you look to network with - Entrepreneurs, Mfg/Operations guys, those interested in Adventure sport activities. What is that one thing looking at which one would never say this task has been taken up by me. - Inventory Management Are you a loner? What would you say you are - introvert or extrovert? I said - Extrovert of all the introverts - which they liked :) What kind of legacy would you leave behind - Friendships A lot of cross questioning on my long-term goal of Electric Vehicles. We literally finished on an agreement that the interview was intentionally made stressful and that I handled it well. :) My experience wasn't as similar as to other guys but could be because I have more years of experience but you never know. Not practicing does help I guess."

shameekv1989 GMAT 720; WE: 136 months;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 17 2021 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Mar 13 2021 Final Decision: Interviewed

"Interview Date: March 13 Interview Time: 11 AM Panel Members: 4 Alum + 1 ISB Adcom(Video Off) Interview Type: Conversational Q1. Tell me about yourself Q2. Follow up question on my diverse roles and what work I did, impact. Q3. Follow up question on revenue recognition and a project experience on it since I was working as a Project Manager. Q4. Why do you want join ISB - why MBA? Q5. Why not pursue your post MBA goal within your current company since I have transitioned across roles? Q6. How would ISB enable you? Q7. Question from Essay - a life example that I mentioned Q8. Question on initiatives that I am running(I mentioned in my essay) Overall Interview experience was okay. *My panel didn't introduce themselves so I greeted them individually when they took turns questioning me* Sources used to prepare for Interview: Preppie(Mock)"

This user wants to stay Private from India

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 14 2021 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Mar 13 2021 Final Decision: Denied with Interview

"3 Alumnis (2003 (super-entho and asked alot of questions), 2012 (asked alot questions in the start) & 2015 (not much from her, asked only her prepared questions, i'm assuming)). All of them were product/marketing managers. The sequence of questions wasn't that surprising. - They started with asking about a project I'm most proud of and one project that was a failure. I had this prepared so went well. - Then they followup with leadership and learning related questions on projects mentioned explained earlier. - They dug further into my leadership style through behavioral questions. - Then they moved on to more behavioral questions about project management/event management/ my industry/ how covid has impacted it. - Then the why MBA, Goals and what am i looking to get out of ISB. - After this they were mainly digging into why I want to move industries/roles. They thought the role and industry/role I'm in is quite exciting and hand-on but my goals are more strategy/backend/thinking work. - At the end they asked me if I had any questions. The interview went on for 35 mins. The 2003 and 2012 Alumni were the ones asking most of the questions after the prepared questions were done. They had definitely decided amongst themselves as to who will ask what, barring the followups. Interview was super conversational and wasn't as stressful as I had built up in my head. Till the time your story from now, to MBA, to goals is making sense you should be able to handle the interview. For me I think it went well. I has answers to all their questions and they were asking quite a few followups, which I think is generally good. That said, the panel was putting quite a poker face and I didn't get a clear sentiment from them. Fingers crossed"

dhrjain from India GMAT 660; WE: 74 months; Advertising and PR

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 11 2021 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Mar 07 2021 Final Decision: Admitted

"They Introduced themselves. Panel consisted of three alumnis and one Faculty (Camera off, No participation). Asked me to tell me something about myself and why MBA in a single question. Asked about my exact role as they were all in consulting and unrelated to my job profile (manufacturing) Challenging project I've worked on and why was it challenging. How did I work around it One work situation where I showed leadership Questions about my part time start up, my learnings and things i would do differently Took inteview preperation Expert Global, where they took multiple interviews. But i felt they were very generic interviews with universal questions, which did help me gain confidence but did not feel specific to my profile. So, took a couple of mocks from preppie which were really exhaustive. They questioned on my work area and most of the questions were based on my profile. So, if you are confused i will suggest everyone to go for preppie."

SinghDeepak from India GMAT 730; WE: 54 months; Manufacturing

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 15 2021 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Alumni Interviewed on: Mar 07 2021 Final Decision: Admitted

"Mode: Zoom Scheduled Time: 12 PM Start Time: 12:15 PM Duration: 30 mins Panel - 01 Female Alums (Co 2003) and 02 Males (Co 2018), another person who was on mute with video off throughout. The Alums were very friendly and made me feel comfortable. Q: What does the company do? What was your role? What did you do? Q: Work related questions and follow-up questions. Q: A challenge you faced at work and how did you resolve it? What was your learning? Q: Why did you move from the corporate sector to the development sector? Q: How have you grown in this job? What have you learned? Q: What are your short-term goals and how will ISB help you achieve it? Q: What is your Plan B? Q: There are few placement opportunities at ISB for development sector how will you get placed? Q: What about ROI because you will move to the development sector post ISB? Q: Any questions for us? The interview was not stressful, revolved majorly around my work. They were keen to know about projects undertaken and my role. It was conversational. For preparation had reached out to alums and current year students. Understanding about their interview experience was very helpful. Also questions posted on this forum were helpful. Took a 2-on-1 mock from Preppie and they gave me detailed feedback. Would highly recommend it. I had prepared for some work-related examples, basic questions about why MBA, why ISB, short-term goals, long-term goals, challenges faced, leadership displayed, teamwork displayed, initiative taken."

This user wants to stay Private from India GMAT 710; WE: 51 months; Non-Profit and Government

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 08 2021 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Mar 06 2021 Final Decision: Interviewed

"3 Alums (Male) and one professor with video off - Started with my introduction - Challenging project I've worked on and why was it challenging. How did I work around it - One work situation where I showed leadership - My goals post MBA and why I can't achieve the same by staying in Investment Banking - Asked me about what I want to gain from ISB specifically - Talked about one of my extra curricular social work experience - Asked me more about my short term goals - Then moved to any questions I have for them The interview lasted about 30-35mins. Wasn't stressful at all. Very conversational. I had taken help from Strategy4GMAT for mocks. And I think that really amped up my preparation. Taking those mocks before the actual interview really helped me prepare well for any odd ball questions that might come my way. Strongly recommend it."

AKVK from India GMAT 700; WE: 60 months; Investment Banking

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Apr 07 2021 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Mar 06 2021 Final Decision: Waitlisted with Interview

"Hello! Panel # 2 (2006, 2014, 2018) Questions: 1. Tell us about yourself. 2. Goals? What motivates them? 3. Are you sure ISB will help you achieve your goals? 4. Give an example of a post-MBA company you want to work in. Why do you want to work in this company? 5. What has motivated transitions in your career? 6. What are your 3 biggest achievements? 7. How did you convince your last employer to hire you despite having no direct experience for the role? 8. How do you get clients for your current freelance role? 9. All the interviewers through multiple questions tried to find what motivates my goal and how convinced I am about achieving them. For the interview prep, I used Preppie's services. It was incredibly helpful. The feedback I received from the mock interviewer turned out to be a game-changer for me. The insights I got helped me better prepare in general and also prepare for some questions that I didn't see coming. Many of these questions were asked to me during the interview. I am happy with my interview."

This user wants to stay Private

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 28 2021 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 28 2021 Final Decision: Admitted

"Interviewers - 3 alums; Product managers at tech companies 1. tell me about yourself - gave a brief intro of myself focusing on my roles and responsibilities in current role 2. what aspect of your job do you like the best and why - spoke about making pitch books 3. what has been a professional accomplishment/ sometime when you took initiative with cross questioning on this - had helped team build credentials in a space so spoke about that 4. what is your goal - wanted to transition from my advisory to internal corporate strategy role 5. why do you want to do it - mentioned I have currently been evaluating businesses but have been doing it from an outside-in perspective, want to get more involved in the intricacies of business, understand the on-ground challenges 6. given that you get to work on diverse projects, wouldn't an internal role limit your exposure or be less exciting - spoke about how I already have four years of experience, would now like to build expertise in a sub-segment within consumer tech because these knowledge and skill sets are extremely valuable and can be monetised later 7. what would I choose between a PM role at Swiggy and a Gen-mgt role at Unilever - said would rather prefer a growth strategy role at Swiggy 8. why do I need an MBA - knowledge base + strategic/thinking skills development through the course and peer group diversity; network 9. why not just do some course online and infact invest time in building that consumer tech expertise - said mba gives that classroom experience, can learn from people who already come from engineering/tech backgrounds 10. Career plan b and plan c 11. describe a time when you failed - spoke about a situation when I took more responsibility than I could handle and my learnings from it 12. any questions for us - asked them for some advice that they would give to a young professional like me Overall the interview was good and conversational. Didn't find it to be stressful. For my preparation I took two mocks from Preppie where I got some very valuable feedback on my profile and answers which significantly helped me in handling the cross questioning in the interview."

This user wants to stay Private from India GMAT 710; WE: 45 months; Investment Banking

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 13 2021 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Alumni Interviewed on: Feb 28 2021 Final Decision: Admitted

"The panel consisted of two alumni and one person from ISB's admission committee. Panelist 1 introduced both him and the other panelist and asked me not to be nervous, as this would be a discussion and they just wanted to know me better. This set the tone of the interview and helped me a lot. They started with my most recent job and asked about my role there. I talked about it briefly. However, they insisted that I further deep-dive into my role as this would help them understand better. I explained about one of the projects that I completed, being as granular as I could. Few more questions about the project, challenges, etc. What could I have done better? Learnings for the future? They seemed to agree with me. They then asked me to take them through my career journey as I had 8+ years of experience. why I choose each role, what factors did I consider while choosing these roles? I explained in detail. Here I also aligned this with my short-term career goals and how MBA is gonna help me achieve that. As I had worked with multiple startups, they asked me about what works well with startups and what doesn't work well? What are the major mistakes that companies make? I shared some of my observations from my tenure at different companies. They were convinced. I had mentioned a challenge faced during one of my jobs in the essay, they wanted to know more. What I did to resolve that challenge. Further questions on my profile and a suggestion around an alternate role. I justified why I wanted to pursue the role of my choice. Finally, they asked if I had any questions for them? They ended the interview by saying that it was a good conversation and that I was a strong candidate for ISB."

This user wants to stay Private from India GMAT 690; Computer Software

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 28 2021 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 27 2021 Final Decision: Admitted

"Interviewed on: Feb 21 2021 Final Decision: Interviewed "Mode: Zoom Scheduled Time: 10 AM Start Time: 10:04 AM End Time: 10:40 AM Panel - 01 Male and 01 Female Alums (Co 2003 and Co 2018), another person who was on mute with video off throughout. The Alums were very cordial and introduced themselves at the commencement of the interview. Q: Tell me about yourself. Q: Why do you want to do MBA? Q: Are you sure this is the right school for you. Q: How have you ascertained that doing MBA from ISB is the right path for you? Q: Are you leaving your present job as a matter of normal process or are you quitting for a specific purpose? Q: Have you ever been in a situation when you did not have anyone under you and you wanted to lead a team? Q: Tell me about the time you felt that your Boss was wrong? Q: What do you plan to do immediately after ISB? Q: Any questions for us? The interview was not stressful, but they really wanted to know if I was going to fit into the School's scheme of things and that I had really thought through my decision to join the school. I felt this was probably due to my age and WE. But otherwise it was quiet conversational. I did not use any professional help for the interview. The questions posed in this forum were very helpful. Also, I spoke to a few candidates who are from the same industry and have similar WE. This really helped me to gather those extra questions in advance. Really grateful to all of them, especially one current ISB student."

sreeni58 from India GMAT 700; WE: 240 months; Military & Defense

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 21 2021 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 21 2021 Final Decision: Waitlisted with Interview

"Mode: Zoom Scheduled Time: 3 PM Start Time: 3:10 PM End Time: 3:40 PM Panel - 2 Male Alums (Co 2008 and Co 2010), another person who was on mute with video off throughout. Q: Please walk us through your experience since graduating. Q: Could you explain in detail about your experience at X company? Q: I'm unable to follow, please back up and explain from the top. Q: Got it, now please explain your own role in all this in detail. Q: So why did you leave this job? Q: What do you want to do in life? Q: So how does an MBA help in that? Q: Could you name one or more companies that you would target post ISB? Why? Q: Any questions for us? The interview was neither stressful nor really very friendly. It was very detailed and went deep into my experiences and my specific role in every experience. Lots of cross-questioning on the same. Lots of probing on my goals and how does the MBA tie up into it. To prepare for the interviews, I took help from Preppie. Did a couple of mock interviews with them, and got really good actionable feedback. I also got encouragement on what I did right during the mocks. Nischay and his team were really helpful throughout and I would highly recommend them for your interview prep."

This user wants to stay Private from India GMAT 740; WE: 66 months; Computer Software

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 22 2021 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 21 2021 Final Decision: Interviewed

"Mode: Zoom Panel#5 Scheduled Time: 3 PM Start Time: 3:08 PM End Time: 3:56 PM Panel - 2 Male (Co 2007) 1 Female (Co 2010) Alums, another person who was on mute with video off throughout probably adcom. Following are the Questions I was asked: 1. Any questions before starting interview. (Which I requested them to keep at the end as we may have interacted to a level that we both may have more questions for each other- they agreed) 2. Highlights of your carrier till now or key points of carrier? 3. Multiple questions from above answer 4. Question referred from my essay as I had mentioned product management as my short term goal- what specifically you would do in ISB to get you to product management, specific steps i would take? 5. Why you changed X companies in last X years? 6. Questions related to previous company like what type of company, what was my profile, team size, team setup, project details, client details...etc.? (Probably they wanted to make sure my story was not cooked and also more clarity on what my roles and responsibilities were) 7. Question related to achievement ( clarification from 2nd question) 8. Changes in profile across the tenure- explain 9. You are in the 50% of the applicants with engineering degree and IT background, what you gonna do to differentiate yourself from rest applicants, from admission prospective? 10. What you want to do in ISB to have fun? 11. Fun activities outside which you are fond of? 12. Specific idea about startup ( which i mentioned in above fun question as I like to discuss ideas of my product in plan) 13. What if program move to digital platform how it will affect you? (Impact of Covid) 14. Do You have any questions for us, you can ask now? - I asked about ELP program, Preparations they had before getting into ISB curriculum and changes they observe as a person post PGP. Overall interview was not very stressed, interviewers always tried to ensure I am comfortable. The ending was with laughs and giggles on some of their answers about their experiences at ISB. For the application and interview preparation Mr. Rajnish (7506031606) has helped me a lot, I got to know him just one month before the application deadline and the support he has extended has been immense. I also took two mock test with Preppie, they have a great team of ISB alums and the feedback from the mock gave me a direction for my final interview preparation. Hoping for the best. Wish you too a great success ahead. :)"

Raushan from India GMAT 760; WE: 126 months; Computer Software

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Apr 15 2021 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Alumni Interviewed on: Feb 20 2021 Final Decision: Admitted

"Had a 45-50 mins chat with 3 alums of different batches. The round included mostly behavioural and generic questions related to the corporate world (no technicals as the alums weren't aware of my niche), and quite a bit of discussion on my motivation and plans. Was a very chilled out sort of a conversation and didn't really seem like there was much grinding to it really. I went into it without any sort of directed preparation and had quite a fun time."

akkived from India GMAT 750; WE: 36 months; Investment Banking

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 20 2021 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 20 2021 Final Decision: Admitted

"Received interview invite 5 days before the interview. Scheduled Interview Time: 1 PM Interview time 1:15-1:40 PM Platform: ZOOM Panel: 2M (both alums; did not provide details beyond names) . There was an AdCom member as well (no questions from him; video was off as well) The panel was very friendly and mentioned that this is going to be a conversion. They also asked me not to hesitate to inform them in case there are some connection issues in between from their or my end. Below are the questions they asked :- 1. You've mentioned that you would like to work in startup post MBA. Why did you chose to work in a big organization after your engineering. A follow up question on why I didn't switch jobs. ( asked this as I am working in the same organization for the last 4 years) 2. What are the things you don't like about my work and a follow up question on that. 3. Asked me to explain a certain aspect of my work I had mentioned in my essays. 4. Asked to describe a challenging situation at work related to people management. 5. A guesstimate on number of Electric charging points required in India in next 1year and 5 year. 6. How much time will it take to get entire India vaccinated and Why? ( probably asked this because of my Healthcare background). 7. Why ISB? 8. What's your Plan B, if you're not selected? 9. Any questions for us? Interview Preparation :- For my application and interview preparation, I took help from S4G. The team at S4G has really helped me to structure and fill the gaps in my answers. The feedback from the mocks has been pin pointed and accurate. They also focussed on things like my body language. The three mocks focussed on different aspects of my application which made me cognizant of different questions which could be asked. I believe having mocks taken by experienced ISB alums is really beneficial as the interview is experience is pretty different than the traditional Indian MBA interviews . Would highly recommend S4G team to anyone seeking help :) Hope this helps!! Feel free to DM in case there any other questions."

sankalp0211 from India GMAT 740; WE: 44 months; Pharmaceuticals and Biotech

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Apr 06 2021 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 20 2021 Final Decision: Admitted

"The interview was in evening slot . There were 3 panelist’s (2 alums and 1 adcom member) It was overall conversational where much discussion was on work experience and extra curriculars Pfb the questions 1 Please walk us through recent years? I explained my college journey and stresses on work experience and extracurricular as well 2 Then they asked about the project i had mentioned which i explained with example . 3.They asked about extracurriculars i had mentioned in my application and asked few situations around that which i explained as i had faced those. 4. Then i was asked about my initiatives in firm I showed how i contributed in extra work apart from my regular work 5 They wanted to know about my goals and how i aligned to it I stated my goals and gave them the reason for it and how isb will contribute to it with specifics of curriculum 6. There were few followup aswell which i answered Overall it was conversational and it lasted for around 35 mins. Thanks to preppie for helping me with the interview prep as it helped me get better insight for preparation. And the charge was also reasonable"

This user wants to stay Private from India WE: 41 months; Consulting

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 30 2021 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Adcom Interviewed on: Feb 18 2021 Final Decision: Admitted

"PGP-EEO (R2) -Interviewed by two Professors, both belonging to Finance. Greetings were exchanged, Questions:- Prof1:- 1.Professional Profile 2. What do you do as an IVR Flow Developer 3. What is IVR 4. Guesstimate on Tech Consulting Prof2:- 1. Why Tech Consulting 2. How did you go about setting up the basketball team at Osmania, any challenges you faced Later a very interesting and long discussion around mental health,TEDxOsmaniaU, etc. All in all, the interview was not a stress interview and was very comfortable. The interviewers paid attention,never interrupted and were very kind. I was able to answer the questions thrown my way due to the fabulous support and insights I received from Preppie and ISBMantra. They really helped me address the chinks in my application and helped understand how to portray my strengths. The various resources that were provided were relevant, diverse and were extremely helpful."

sushanthravva@gmail.com from India GMAT 710; WE: 5 months; Computer Software

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 30 2021 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Adcom Interviewed on: Feb 18 2021 Final Decision: Admitted

"PGP(EEO)-Round 2 -2 Professors, both belonging to Finance. -Duration, around 30 minutes. Questions:- Prof-1 1.Professional Profile 2.What do you do as an IVR Flow Developer. (My role) 3.What happens in an IVR. 4.Guesstimate on Tech Consulting. Prof-2 1.Why Tech Consulting. 2.Question about setting up the basketball team at Osmania, a few follow up questions on that. A very nice and interesting discussion on mental health,foreign exchange,TEDx etc. The interview was not a stress interview, and was very comfortable. I was never interrupted, and the interviewers were very attentive and kind. I was well prepared to answer the questions I did, largely due to all the help and insights I recieved from Preppie and ISBMantra. They are the real deal and have amazing resources. They helped address all the chinks I had in my application and helped me understand how to portray my strengths."

sushanthravva@gmail.com from India GMAT 710; WE: 5 months; Computer Software

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 15 2021 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Alumni Interviewed on: Feb 13 2021 Final Decision: Interviewed

"There were 2 interviewers and they jumped right into my work profile. Their first question was tell me about your what you work on regarding what you have written. They kept asking questions related to what I was saying. They asked me to give examples also related to whatever I said. They asked what challenges I faced in work. Then I had written something about football in my application; they asked regarding that. I'd say my interview revolved around 80-85% work, 15-20% the football thing I had written. Through these they were questioning how I handled this and that, what motivates me to do this and that, and all. Interview Prep: I took two 2-on-1 mock interview sessions with Preppie. They were very helpful and accurate, and I'm so glad I took them beforehand. All my 4 interviewers gave very insightful reviews and gave me some really good pointers for my answers, too. Unlike other colleges' interviews, ISBs were not from a set pattern of questions, and thus, preparing with seasoned people with knowledge about this was required, and what better than to have your interviews taken by ISB alums itself!"

This user wants to stay Private GMAT 700;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 17 2021 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Alumni Interviewed on: Feb 13 2021 Final Decision: Interviewed

"The interview started about 17mins late. I had 3 alumnus on the panel. The interview was about 35mins and was largely based on my work profile and industry. Here are the questions. Questions: 1) Tell us about your work profile 2) Talk about why you have chosen this industry as post-MBA goal. 3) One challenge of your current industry and what do you think can be a potential solution for it. 4) Talk about the project in which you received an award. 5) What are you looking forward to at ISB 6) A few questions on extracurriculars. 7) Do you have any questions for us. Mostly enjoyed the conversation as the panelists seemed genuinely interested in my work and the industry I came from. Interview prep- Have been preparing since I applied. Took time to summarize my work profile, my life in general, and why I wish to pursue an MBA and from ISB. Manish Mishra as my counselor was a great support in the process. I also took a 2 on 1 mock interview with Team Preppie. Got excellent feedback from them. Very similar to the real experience. Definitely opt for a mock interview to calm nerves and get a fresh perspective on your performance."

This user wants to stay Private from India GMAT 720; WE: 47 months; Energy and Utilities

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 17 2021 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 13 2021 Final Decision: Interviewed

"Interview started on time at 12noon. Panel: 3M(alumns) 1adcom(mute and video off) Duration: 60mins Questions: 1) Tell me about your profile 2) 20mins into recent projects and lots of cross questions 3) One question on essay 4) One quality you lack and how do you plan to overcome it 5) One question on hobby 6) Any questions I really enjoyed the experience as it was more of a conversation than interview. Kudos to Preppie.in team for their support. I scheduled a 2-on-1 interview 2 days before the actual interview. Their feedbacks were very relevant and detailed. Plus a mock really boosts your confidence on the actual interview day."

amannigam1910 from India GMAT 710; WE: 56 months; Consulting

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 08 2021 [#permalink] ISB, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 13 2021 Final Decision: Waitlisted with Interview

"My interviewers were 2 ISB alumni. The interview was very conversational. Some things that were discussed during the interview - - A brief of my background in engineering and experience in the development sector. - Explanation for gaps in my work experience. - Explanation for why I have worked part-time. - Motivations that drive me at work. - Who/what influences me. - Question about leadership skills from one of my essays. I asked them a couple of questions after about time folks get to dedicate to pet projects/clubs. The entire conversation lasted about 40 minutes. Hope this helps."

mostgood from India WE: 40 months; Non-Profit and Government

yes
no