Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:16 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [1]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Send PM
Re: ISB admit 2017 with GRE score [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
sujitkkumar271086 wrote:
Thanks. I took GRE couple of years back with a score of 318(155V/163Q). And i have been working in US for the last 4 years in IT department of some of the major Airlines in US. Will you be able to comment on my chances?. I have a 8.5 years of experience and can justify my need for an MBA.

I am planning to write GMAT anyways, but just wanted to check.

Thanks a ton for the help.

Hi

- In case you are planning to take GMAT, go ahead and aim for 680+ (and 700+ if possible). Your GRE score is not very low, but ideally if you could raise it a bit, that would help.
- Your work experience is certainly noteworthy. While you are from the (overrepresented) IT pool, the international experience + airlines exposure within IT certainly helps.
- 8.5 years is on the higher side for experience. You should certainly not delay beyond this year in applying.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [0]
Given Kudos: 631
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
sujitkkumar271086 wrote:
Thanks. I took GRE couple of years back with a score of 318(155V/163Q). And i have been working in US for the last 4 years in IT department of some of the major Airlines in US. Will you be able to comment on my chances?. I have a 8.5 years of experience and can justify my need for an MBA.

I am planning to write GMAT anyways, but just wanted to check.

Thanks a ton for the help.
You could also check with the experts here.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the reply. I am planning to take up gmat in 2-3 months. And now i have what to aim for thanks.

Does additional work experience add a negative mark on my profile? I have worked with a variety of airport portfolios that includes airport operations, helping on business decisions, customer experience to mention a few. I was of the opinion that this experience would be a big plus for my admit towards ISBs executive MBA.

Regards
Sujit
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [0]
Given Kudos: 631
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
sujitkkumar271086 wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I am planning to take up gmat in 2-3 months. And now i have what to aim for thanks.

Does additional work experience add a negative mark on my profile? I have worked with a variety of airport portfolios that includes airport operations, helping on business decisions, customer experience to mention a few. I was of the opinion that this experience would be a big plus for my admit towards ISBs executive MBA.

Regards
Sujit
The companies that look at ISB for hiring typically don't want very experienced or senior candidates. This makes it difficult for ISB to justify taking such a profile. You're not in that zone just yet (though you're getting there :wink:).
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [1]
Send PM