GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only
GMAT Club

It is currently 24 Aug 2019, 15:15

Ivey

Richard Ivey-(University of Western Ontario)

(4.7) 3 reviews
FINAL DECISION
SORT BY
Most helpful
SORT BY
Recent interviewed
SORT BY
Recent posted
Debrief posted on  Feb 11 2019 [#permalink] Ivey, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 01 2019 Final Decision: Admitted

"Had the interview via Skype late night (because of the time difference). Almost all the questions were behavioral, mostly focusing on my leadership experiences, style and how I would fine tune it to fit the Ivey classroom and learning teams. The interview lasted about 45 minutes excluding my questions about the program. Some of the questions I can remember are: 1. How would you describe your style of leadership? Example 2. How would you use that style of leadership to lead a team at Ivey? 3. Feedback that has helped you become the leader you are today? 4. Some questions on my career progression and the rationale behind changing my job at one point in time 5. What kind of teams do you enjoy working with? 6. How do you handle conflicts within a team? Example 7. Why I've selected my Post-MBA career path. 8. What makes you stand out from other applicants?"

hemaka from Sri Lanka GMAT 640; WE: 50 months;
0 out of 0 people found this Debrief helpful.

Was this Debrief helpful for you?

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 21 2018 [#permalink] Ivey
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 01 2018 Final Decision: Matriculating

"The interview was fairly conversational. - It started off with questions specific to my industry (healthcare) and touched upon points I discussed in my essays. - It then went into behavioural questions - my strengths, weaknesses, how I work in teams, etc. - The final question was whether I had any hesitations about studying at Ivey. I had a few takeaways from the interview: 1) Know as much about your industry as possible, 2) Be prepared to thoroughly explain points from your essays and resume, 3) The interview is just one data point. Do your best, but it probably won't be perfect. I didn't feel all that great about my interview, but everything still worked out okay."

VKR09 from Canada GMAT 670; WE: 24 months; Health Care

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 02 2018 [#permalink] Ivey
Skype Interviewed on: Oct 07 2016 Final Decision: Interviewed

"I had my interview this morning and I think it went very well. It was with a career management member. As others said before it is not to trick you but to test your interest. We went over the regular questions : why MBA now ? Why Ivey ? How can you contribute ? Talk to me about yourself and your resume ? What do you do in your current role ? How did you move the ladders in your job ? Why your teammates would recommend you ? etc So as long as you're prepared for these questions and can come up with examples it should be fine, it's really not to trick you. Beside there were a lot of personal questions like why did I study for the CFA, etc. Good luck for all of those who will be interviewing soon, I hope it goes well!"

gnrocks from Canada GMAT 700;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 01 2018 [#permalink] Ivey
Skype Interviewed on: Mar 20 2016 Final Decision: Admitted

"I interviewed with IVEY on the 9th of March with a member of the Career Management Team. I would like to share my experience, so that people who are yet to interview may get a fair idea of what to expect. I have interviewed with quite a few schools , and have admit offers from a couple of them. Most other interviews were fairly similar, and the experience in each of them was fairly similar as well, however the interview that I had with IVEY was quite unlike any other MBA admission interviews I have ever had. Even though I was not happy with my performance in the interview, I can say I am extremely impressed by the quality of the interview and the entire interview process. The questions asked were very personalised and tailored specific to my profile and to the application I had submitted. I had expected a lot of questions outside of work since I have significant community and other experiences outside of work. However 95%, or possibly even 100%, of the questions were related to my professional and work experience. A lot of the questions were cases related to my work. Almost all of the questions were behavioural-like questions; none of the questions was generic. Although it might not be much helpful to list out the questions, especially since the interview is very personalised, still below are a few questions I remember. The interview lasted a little less than 1 hour. 1. Run me through your resume in 2-3 mins. 2. What do you currently do in your role? 3. Why MBA? Why now and why Ivey? 4. A time when you did something unpopular. Looking back would you have changed anything if you got a chance to do it again? 5. A time you felt frustrated. Looking back would you have changed anything? 6. Which other schools did you apply to and why? Have you applied to any other Canadian school? 7. How would you contribute to the Ivey experience? 8. What clubs would you like to participate in at Ivey? 9. A time when you made a decision with limited data. Looking back would you have changed anything? 10. A time when you had to deal with an extremely difficult employee. How did you deal with the situation? 11. If you were the CEO of your company, what are the three things that would keep you awake? 12. Why did you choose the list of organization you want to work with post-MBA? How do you plan to land a job with them? 13. Why did you choose the role/profile that you want to work in post-MBA? 14. How do you plan to find a job post IVEY in Canada? What research have you done? 15. What would be your primary concerns in relocating to Canada, and in studying at IVEY? 16. Do you know how your target organization hire? Are you a good fit? 17. Do you have a Plan B a. If you did not get accepted at IVEY? b. If you do not find a job post IVEY? 18. Any questions for the interviewer? Please note that this is not a master list, and the questions will be very specific to the applicant and the application he/she submits. Also, there were a lot other questions that I do not remember."

jeetparicha85 from Singapore GMAT 640; Computer Software

yes
no