GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video
GMAT Club
It is currently 12 Apr 2021, 18:17

FINAL DECISION
SORT BY
Most helpful
SORT BY Interview date
Recent interviewed
SORT BY Post date
Recent posted
Debrief posted on  Mar 04 2021 [#permalink] Johnson (Cornell), Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Mar 03 2021

"I found this forum to be incredibly helpful for my interview so wanted to share my experience! It was my first interview with a member of AdCom, others have been with students so it was a bit of a different vibe. Overall I thought it went smoothly and my interviewer was incredibly nice. Questions: 1. Tell me about your background and why do you want to get an MBA? 2. What are some companies you want to work for after your MBA? 3. What are some steps you'll take to ensure you get an internship? 4. How are you preparing for the rigorous academic environment? 5. Any clubs or courses you'd like to join? 6. Anything you want me to take back to the AdCom? Highly recommend and make sure you are prepared and do your research!"

mbavery WE: 96 months;
0 out of 0 people found this Debrief helpful.

Was this Debrief helpful for you?

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 11 2021 [#permalink] Johnson (Cornell), Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Adcom Interviewed on: Mar 01 2021 Final Decision: Interviewed

"My interview was with an Adcom member Benjamin. It was for about 40 minutes. Tell me about yourself Tell me about your undergrad. How involved you were there? Why Johnson? Any major project at work which affected you a lot What if consulting doesn't happen? What if US doesn't happen post MBA?"

This user wants to stay Private

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jan 21 2021 [#permalink] Johnson (Cornell), Cornell NYC Tech MBA
Off Campus with Alumni Interviewed on: Jan 12 2021 Final Decision: Admitted

"My interview was virtual with a current professor and Johnson alumna. We only discussed the case study for 5-7 minutes before walking through my work experience, why I'm choosing to pursue a MBA at this time, and why Cornell Tech. It was very comfortable and she left plenty of time at the end for me to ask 3-4 questions."

This user wants to stay Private from United States GMAT 720; WE: 72 months; Computer Software

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Dec 10 2020 [#permalink] Johnson (Cornell), Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Dec 10 2020 Final Decision: Waitlisted with Interview

"Interviewed with Admission Committee Member There are several specific questions related to my applications. But the general questions are: 1. Walk me through your resume 2. Why MBA? 3. Which companies do you want to work for post-MBA, and where? 4. Why Johnson? 5. Tell me about your experience as a teammate and a leader (in one question) 6. What do you do for fun? 7. Which immersion or class do you want to take? Questions for the adcom: 1. How Johnson help international students transferred to Ithaca during Covid-19? 2. How are the recruitment timeline and procedures differ due to Covid-19? Overall, it was a very conversational and fun interview compared to any other interviews I ever took. Good luck all!"

This user wants to stay Private from Indonesia Accounting

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Dec 04 2020 [#permalink] Johnson (Cornell), Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 30 2020 Final Decision: Waitlisted with Interview

"Interviewd with MBA2 on Skype Q1. Tell me about yourself Q2. Which project or accomplishment are you most proud of as an entrepreneur? Q3. What is one thing you like most and one least about being an entrepreneur? Q4. Why MBA? Future Plans? Q5. Why did you chose Johnson? Q6. Which clubs will you join? Q7. What will other students gain from you? Q8. Any thing else you would like me to know? Q&A. Duration -35-40minutes"

Abhimanyu14 from India GMAT 730;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 19 2020 [#permalink] Johnson (Cornell), Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 19 2020 Final Decision: Admitted

"Interview questions Run me through your background. Why MBA? What are the skill gaps you are trying to fill? Why Consulting? Why Cornell? If your colleagues could describe you in three (3) words what would they say? What do you do in your spare time? Any information you want the ADCOM to know? Any questions?"

Teni08 from Nigeria GMAT 680; WE: 44 months; Law

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 18 2020 [#permalink] Johnson (Cornell), Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 16 2020 Final Decision: Interviewed

"1. Self-introduction 2. Why MBA, Why know 3. Why consulting, what consulting firms you are interest about (say something other than MBB) 4. Why Johnson 5. Any projects you have worked during your career 5. Anything you want to mention and highlight? 6. Any other questions?"

nycnb from United States

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Dec 12 2020 [#permalink] Johnson (Cornell), Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 10 2020 Final Decision: Admitted

"Had my interview recently. It was conversational. I was a bit nervous and felt like I bungled through some answers. Resume walk through. Why MBA? Why Johnson? What will you do to make your transition to consulting - I found this tough. I talked about the immersion programs and consulting program in my “why Johnson” response and felt like I repeated that here. I added a tid bit about engaging with firms and case interview prep etc but probably could have slowed down and talked about networking etc, consulting club etc. Anything you want to get involved with at Johnson? Tell me how you spend your free time? Any new hobbies during covid? Anything else you want the application committee to know - I knew Johnson asked this but wasn’t sure what was appropriate. In the moment I said “just that I am eager to engage with the Johnson community etc given the opportunity and learn”. Overall a good experience. I think I made it tougher on myself because I really like Johnson. I think I showed them that I did good research on the program and structure. But wish I could have paced myself better and been more calm like I have been in other interviews."

gooner11

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 06 2020 [#permalink] Johnson (Cornell), Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Adcom Interviewed on: Nov 06 2020 Final Decision: Interviewed

"My interviewer was a member of the Adcom. She was very friendly, and I really enjoyed our conversation. The interview lasted ~30 minutes. Questions: 1. Introduce yourself 2. Why MBA? 3. Why Cornell/Johnson? 4. Post-graduation goals? 5. What does leadership mean to you? 6. What new thing have you been doing since/as a result of COVID? 7. Is there anything extra you want to share with the admission committee? 8. Do you have any questions for me? Good luck everyone :)"

yes
no
Skype Interviewed on: Oct 16 2020 Final Decision: Admitted

"My interview was quite relaxed and more of a conversation. My suggestion to anyone planning to give interview would be to research well on Curriculum, Clubs etc and have a rough outline of what your 1 Yr duration would look like. Read about the courses, professors etc as well. Do talk to alumnis or students currently studying, they really have GREAT insights, it will help you realize why and whether Cornell is the right place for you. Here are the questions i was asked in 40-45 minutes. 1. Tell me about yourself 2. What is your leadership style 3. Which other company apart from BCG in consulting would you like to apply for. 4. Why consulting? 5. Whats your plan B? 6. Whats your short term and long term plan? 7. Why Cornell? 8. Which Alumns did you talk to? 9. Which Clubs you would like to join? 10. Which values of Cornell you associate most? 11. How would you contribute in Cornell 12. Is there anything else that you would like admissions committee to know. 13. Do you want to ask any question?"

AstroNut from United States GMAT 750; WE: 110 months; Transportation

yes
no
Skype Interviewed on: Oct 09 2020 Final Decision: Interviewed

"I had my interview with Adcom member. Went on for 40 minutes and was very conversational. Need to know your application thoroughly. Questions 1. Tell me about yourself 2. Why Cornell 3. Why MBA 4. Have you interacted with any alums? ( Very important. I had interacted with 3 and gave proper details ) 5. Which clubs and subjects you would be interested in? 6. How would you describe yourself as a person? 7. What is your leadership style? 8. How has Covid affected you? 9. What would you want me to tell the Adcom 10. Plan B 11. Short term plan? Which companies come to Cornell where you would want to work? Have to talked to any alum about the recruitment? Try to ask 1-2 genuine questions. I had asked about internship opportunities for 1 yr Course and if there any communities for families & parents?"

This user wants to stay Private from India GMAT 670; WE: 90 months; Consumer Products

yes
no
Debrief posted on  May 21 2020 [#permalink] Johnson (Cornell), Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: May 01 2020 Final Decision: Matriculating

"Interview was with a senior member of AdComm. It started out with a brief introduction by the interviewer, followed by a reassurance that this is going to be a conversation more than anything. The interviewer was very, very warm and kind, which made the nerves (for the most part) melt away. Definitely different from any other interview I had. The questions were as follows: 1. Tell me your academic and professional history. 2. Why MBA? 3. Why Johnson? 4. Several very particular questions to my application that would out me if I listed them (just remember to be prepared for anything folks!). 5. What do you want to get involved in on campus? 6. Anything else you want to express? I asked a couple questions related to the general COVID-19 updates, decision turn around, program offers, etc. Overall, a great experience. I would recommend knowing everything about your app inside and out and being prepared for some questions particular to you as a candidate, unlike other interviews which work solely off of a resume (or less). I also would recommend just being comfortable and at ease because I really do mean it when I say the Cornell AdComm team does a PHENOMENAL job actually making everything a conversation between interviewer and interviewee. You got this, future applicant! I'm rooting for you!"

This user wants to stay Private from United States

yes
no
Skype Interviewed on: Mar 04 2020 Final Decision: Admitted

"I had my interview scheduled with Ms. Jade Kinsman - Assistant Director of Admissions. The interview was scheduled for total 45 minutes and by Indian Standard Time it was around 12:30 AM. The interviewer set out the tone clearly at the outset that she had my resume and couple of notes from the Adcom member who reviewed my application. The interview comprised of mostly regular questions with few emanating from my answers. Ms. Kinsman kept on taking notes during the interview. The set of questions that I could recollect are as follows: 1. Tell me about your academic and professional background. More so about the professional experience. 2. I mentioned about leading a small team. Accordingly, she inquired about how would my team members describe my leadership style. 3. Why MBA at this point of time? Why 1Y MBA? I answered with a problem statement that I hope to solve and answered about LT goals and other factors. 4. Where do you see yourself after graduation? 5. Which geography would you prefer to work after graduation? 6. Why Cornell? 7. Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult person. 8. What are the challenges that you see of returning to academics after having substantial work experience. How will you contribute to the community? 9. What effort are you taking towards networking or recruiting in your preferred career choice? 10. Which clubs I would like to be a part of during my tenor at Cornell? 11. What is your plan B? 12. What do you do for fun or outside of work? 13. Anything else that I would like to communicate to the Admission Committee. Finally I asked few questions which were answered patiently and enthusiastically. - Difference b/w 1Y and 2Y and curriculum design which provides for a lack of summer internship for the 1Y curriculum. - Community culture at Cornell and details about JV and Kids Club. She finally thanked for speaking at such an odd hour basis my local timeline. She also informed that they were working to release the decision at the earliest, since the 1Y MBA program starts in 2nd week of May. All in all a good experience. My application status now says "Under Review". Hoping for the best!!!"

himanshut85@gmail.com from India GMAT 720; WE: 108 months; Real Estate

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Dec 04 2019 [#permalink] Johnson (Cornell), Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Dec 04 2019 Final Decision: Admitted

"Had my interview with Eddie Asbie who was quite supportive and was really great to talk with. The interview was conversational and revolved around my goals, experience and leadership potential. It went on for about 30 mins, which included 5 mins of my questions to him. Questions: 1. tell me about your current work and educational background. why you chose this path? 2. what do you love about your work? 3. what motivates you in life? 4. why consulting? why MBA? why Johnson? 5. what's your leadership style? If you were to lead a team of say 4- 5 professionals how would you work with them to achieve a goal in 24 hours, given that they are not that convinced to do it. 6. what do you do for fun? 7. how would your direct supervisor describe you? 8. what excites you about doing an MBA? what do you see as a challenge? 9. plan B (if consulting doesn't work). 10. which student organizations would you like to be a part of? questions for the adcom: 1. What factors should I prepare myself for as an international applicant? 2. Any recent developments that I should be aware of"

learner311 from India

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 27 2019 [#permalink] Cornell Johnson , Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 23 2019 Final Decision: Interviewed

""I was interviewed with Adcom on Skype. It was pretty straightforward and no surprising questions were asked. Interview lasted for 40 Mins including 10 Mins he answering my questions. Questions that were asked (not sure of order though): 1. Tell me about yourself. 2. Why MBA? 3. My Leadership Style 4. How do you work in team when you have 24 hrs to arrive at the solution to the problem? 5. Why Cornell? 6. Anything else that I would like to communicate to Admission Committee. 7. Clubs that I would like to be a part of. I asked three questions at the end which he answered genuinely. I felt that they wanted to check fit to the program and candidate's genuine interest to be in small place i.e. Ithaca. Now waiting for final decision. I hope this would be helpful. Best Luck to all applicants.""

This user wants to stay Private from India GMAT 750;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 25 2019 [#permalink] Cornell Johnson , Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 22 2019 Final Decision: Admitted

"Hey everyone, I'm posting this hoping to help any who is invited to interview at Johnson Cornell. My interview was via Skype and the Adcom assigned 30 minutes for it. The interview was pretty straightforward and my interviewer seemed in a good mood since she greeted me. This is how it went: - Resume walkthrough (academics and professional experience) - She inquired into my impact at current job - Short and long-term goals (Why MBA? kind of surfaced here) - Plan B if things don't work out? - Why Johnson Cornell? - Questions for me?"

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Dec 09 2019 [#permalink] Cornell Johnson , Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 20 2019 Final Decision: Admitted

"I interviewed with Eddie, who was very friendly and definitely put me at ease right off the bat. He asked how I was doing etc etc before getting into the actual interview. Questions he asked me: – Take me through your resumé, specifically your post-undergraduate work history – I currently work with a family member, so he asked if there were specific professional challenges working with family – Long and short-term goals – Why Johnson? (I spoke about both faculty and extracurricular stuff I’m excited about and that aligns with my goals) – What is your leadership style? – Describe a difficult situation you had to deal with at work, and how you tackled it – If I had to ask a direct supervisor or a colleague about you, what are 3 things he/she would say to describe you? – Is there anything you would like me to communicate to the AdCom? On the whole, it was not SUPER conversational, there was a structure to the interview but certainly much more positive and relaxed than a couple of others I’ve done."

This user wants to stay Private from India GMAT 710; Non-Profit and Government

yes
no
Skype Interviewed on: Oct 16 2019 Final Decision: Matriculating

"I was interviewed by Admission's Director. Overall interview was a smooth experience as it was highly interactive. Following were the questions: 1. Walk me through your resume. 2. Why do you want to do an MBA? 3. How will Cornell help you attain your goal? 4. What are some other schools you are interviewing with? 5. What's your backup plan if your first choice doesn't work out? 6. What are some of the challenging situations you faced at your workplace? 7. Give me an example of a time you were under a time crunch and performed successfully. 8. Describe a time when you managed or lead other people 9. How do you plan on making an impact at Cornell? 10. How do you plan on being back to the classroom again after such a long break? (as I completed my masters in 2012) 11. Any questions for me (the adcom interviewer)?"

manasGMAT2018 from India GMAT 710; WE: 116 months; Internet and New Media

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 06 2019 [#permalink] Cornell Johnson , Cornell NYC Tech MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Jan 24 2019 Final Decision: Denied with Interview

"My Cornell Tech R3 Interview: It starts with a presentation of case study(case study would sent to you 48 hours in advance of the interview and took around 5-7 minutes time to present at the beginning) and during the presentation, the interviewer asked several follow up questions about it. In total it took around half of the interview time. The other half was the general MBA interview questions, as far as I could remember: 1. Why MBA (it was asked in different way, the memory is vague, but the core Q was that) 2. During a project if your team are running out of time, what would you do? (I guess because in my resume I had experiences as Project Manager) 3. Experiences about work with cross function team, how you handled it. 4. Any specific area want to work on post MBA 5. Since you mentioned you are already a product manager, already had entrepreneur-like experiences, why you still want to go for MBA and be entrepreneur? (a follow up question about my last answer) 6. Anything want to ask? As the interview date was a bit far from now, so the questions listed above might not be exact what the interviewer asked, however, hopefully it could more or less serve as references. Good luck guys!"

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jan 14 2019 [#permalink] Cornell Johnson , Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Jan 14 2019 Final Decision: Matriculating

"Interview lasted for 30mins. And it was a very enjoyable conversation with Chris, he made it seem like a breeze. There were expected questions - tell me about your professional background, why Mba, why now, why Johnson, contributions to Johnson, which clubs I intend to join and the back up plan. There were also few questions I didn’t expect but nothing too difficult. He asked me what I loved most about my consulting career so far. He also asked me what is my strength and weakness with regard to my leadership skills. What do I expect to be the most challenging aspect during the Mba. How am I preparing myself for the Mba. I had name dropped and mentioned that I spoke to multiple people. So he asked what was one advice that I have received from the students I got in touch with. Finally he asked me what is the one thing I would like him to tell the admission committee about me. And then wrapped up the interview with ‘if I had any questions for him’"

This user wants to stay Private from India GMAT 720; WE: 72 months; Consulting

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jan 27 2019 [#permalink] Cornell Johnson , Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Jan 08 2019 Final Decision: Admitted

"I had an interview with an adcom. It was a very nice conversation and she gave me so much comfort by keeping her smile throughout the whole time. I listed down so much as I could remember, some of the questions though were very specific to my experiences so I took them out. 1. Tell me your goals 2. Why this goal 3. Why mba 4. Why cornell 5. What are my hobbies - what i enjoy doing 6. How did i come up with my own business as I am currently having a full time job but also running my own company 7. Where do i want to work in the future/during intersjip : industry and geo 8. If she can list 3 things to give to ad com, what are they 9. What i think are the factors that made me accomplish so much so far 10. What other schools that im applying to 11. What will you contribute to Cornell And then if I had any question."

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 28 2018 [#permalink] Cornell Johnson
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 15 2018 Final Decision: Admitted from WL

"I had my Johnson interview on Skype with a member of the adcom. The interview was fairly straightforward and lasted about 30 mins. Questions, as far as I can recall, were following: 1. Walk me through your resume 2. What are your goals 3. Back up plan? 4. Why Cornell? 5. Tell me about your leadership style 6. What are you doing to prepare yourself for the Johnson MBA? 7. How do you plan to utilise the Career Management Center 8. Any questions"

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 16 2018 [#permalink] Cornell Johnson
On Campus Interviewed on: Oct 25 2018 Final Decision: Waitlisted with Interview

"Had mine yesterday. It was fairly straightforward, as the time is limited. I started off with my presentation. Brought some high level notes with me for reference. She interrupted once during the presentation to ask a question, and at the end she asked two follow-ups based on my position. Afterwards, she asked me to walk through my professional experiences to how I got to where I am today, with a hint to explain why an MBA. She also asked about why Cornell Tech specifically. I don’t recall if there was one question after that; there might have been. Then we were running out of time, so I asked her my own questions."

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Dec 04 2018 [#permalink] Cornell Johnson
Skype Interviewed on: Oct 11 2018 Final Decision: Interviewed

"This is for 1yr program Just had my Skype interview today. Lasted for 32 minutes. I applied for 1-year program/early action Questions: Introduce your academic background and work experience Why MBA at this time Why one year program Why Cornell How you solved a conflict in workplace Have you started to build your network in the target industry Have you reached out to any Cornell students or alumni What clubs do you plan to join What is your plan B How will you prepare for your 1-year MBA study Tell me one thing about you that is not shown or mentioned in your application Any questions for me?"

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Dec 04 2018 [#permalink] Cornell Johnson
On Campus Interviewed on: Sep 19 2018 Final Decision: Interviewed

"Interview was good for the most part but certainly enjoyable meeting Andrea and Joy. It was held at Cornell's admissions location in NYC and was about 45 minutes in length. Basic run through was we talked about my history, experience, why I was interested in a MBA, and other questions that would help the admissions group understand how I would fit with their overall curriculum at Cornell. Wont get into specifics but I think if you review what you want to do with an MBA and how it fits into their program, especially what you can contribute, you will do fine. I did enjoy the visit! The only downside was that the room was quite hot or maybe it was the fact I was over caffienated."

discodv05 from United States

yes
no