GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video
GMAT Club
It is currently 26 May 2022, 10:38

FINAL DECISION
SORT BY
Most helpful
SORT BY Interview date
Recent interviewed
SORT BY Post date
Recent posted
Debrief posted on  Mar 24 2022 [#permalink] Johnson (Cornell), Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Mar 24 2022 Final Decision: Admitted

"Interviewed with Vanessa (AdCom). My interview started with the Vanessa introducing herself, gave me the ground rules and informed me of the timing of the interview and we had a bit of ice-breaker conversation about the weather etc. The interview had pretty standard questions and went on for about 35 mins. 1. Walk me through your resume 2. Why MBA 3. Short term Goal 4. Long term goal 5. Why Cornell 6. How do you contribute to Cornell 7. What will you require from Cornell in terms of recruitment 8. Leadership style 9. What else do you want me to bring to the AdCom / let them know abt me Gave me 5 minutes at the end to ask questions"

This user wants to stay Private from India GMAT 740; Consulting
0 out of 0 people found this Debrief helpful.

Was this Debrief helpful for you?

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 23 2022 [#permalink] Johnson (Cornell), Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Mar 14 2022 Final Decision: Admitted

"Interviewed with Benjamin (Sharp 30 minutes) 1. Walk me through your resume 2. Short term Goal 3. Long term goal 4. Why Cornell 5. How do you contribute to Cornell 6. Culture shock & what steps do you include to include diversity? 7. Strengths & weakness Given 5 minutes at the end to ask questions."

BommakP from India GMAT 770; WE: 72 months; Other

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jan 27 2022 [#permalink] Johnson (Cornell), Cornell NYC Tech MBA
Online Interviewed on: Jan 27 2022 Final Decision: Admitted

"As of now my final status is interviewed but I'll know a decision by end of February. 1) What are your short / long term goals? 2) Pros and cons of having a cross functional campus vs just MBA students? 3) Most important aspect of working in a multidisciplinary team? 4) See the other recent Tech MBA questions that have been asked by Bianca to get a sense of what else could be asked. 5) Any follow up questions? (Good to have more in case your interview still has like 10-15 mins left before time is up - use the time you have wisely). Whole interview was about 20-25 mins since we did start a little late, I think her (Bianca's) interview before mine went a little longer than expected."

This user wants to stay Private from United States WE: 35 months; Consumer Products

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 30 2021 [#permalink] Johnson (Cornell), Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Nov 30 2021 Final Decision: Interviewed

"My interview started with the interview introducing himself, gave me the ground rules and informed me of the timing of the interview and we had a bit of ice-breaker conversation about thanksgiving and how my day at work has been. It was a good way to start and the interview was unconventional, not structured in a robotic way but quite conversational. Some questions I can remember: 1. Walk me through your resume 2. Asked a follow up question on specific career progressions and gap on my resume after school because I took a gap year before I started working and I talked about that. 3. Have I engaged anyone in specific company I intend to work post-MBA 4. What is my recruitment strategy 5. How do you prepare for the rigorous MBA curriculum 6. ST / LT Goals 7. What are my touchpoints within the Johnson community 8. What will I do if I fail to land my first choice(consulting), based on my Banking background at some point, why not IB? 9. Will you continue to work in US or go back to home country or others 10. What other club activities will I do apart from those I highlighted in my essay 11. What other schools are you applying to (Technically my Why Johnson) 12. What else do you want me to bring to the AdCom / let them know abt me 13. Do you have any questions for me Interview time was about 45minutes. Interviewed with a 2nd Year."

GenZgooner from Nigeria WE: 79 months; Other

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 25 2021 [#permalink] Johnson (Cornell), Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Nov 24 2021 Final Decision: Interviewed

"Make sure to turn your Skype on couple of mins before the schedule, they will Call you when it started. My interview was very conversational with an AdCom and went for 33 mins. He hasn't seen my application before but he said there are already some notes on my documents. 1. Tell me about yourself / background 2. What is your current role / doing in current position 3. Why now 4. Why Cornell 5. How do you prepare for the rigorous MBA curriculum 6. ST / LT Goals 7. Do you familiar with the recruitment process / the people, or any connection 8. What other companies you will pursue as a back up plan 9. Will you continue to work in US or go back to home country or others 10. Tell me abt your leadership experience 11. How will you make impact in Cornell 12. What else do you want me to bring to the AdCom / let them know abt me 13. Do you have any questions for me Good luck for us!"

This user wants to stay Private from Indonesia WE: 48 months; Energy and Utilities

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 24 2021 [#permalink] Johnson (Cornell), Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Adcom Interviewed on: Nov 24 2021 Final Decision: Admitted

"1. Tell me about your background - both professional and anything else you want to highlight. 2. What skills are you looking to gain from MBA? 3. How are you with your team member. Leadership style and experience 4. One example from work where things did not work out 5. Why Cornell for a career pivot. 6. Short-term goal and why? What is your target company, and why? Target geographies. 7. What other schools did you apply to, and how would you choose. 8. Any questions for her? Interview time: 30 mins The interviewer was an Adcom. She was very friendly, and the experience was smooth."

ahasd70 from India GMAT 760; WE: 65 months; Other

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 23 2021 [#permalink] Johnson (Cornell), Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Nov 24 2021 Final Decision: Interviewed

"1. Tell me about yourself 2. What do you do? What do u do daily at work? 3. Why MBA now? What skills do u need? 4. I know you u mentioned XXX. What are your other motivations for your goals? 5. Whom have you spoken to at Cornell? 6. Why Cornell? 7. What if u get accepted to all the programs that you applied to? What will be deciding criteria? 8. Any questions 9. Is there anything you want to tell me that I haven't asked you"

BoundMan from Japan GMAT 710; WE: 60 months; Insurance

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 23 2021 [#permalink] Johnson (Cornell), Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Nov 24 2021 Final Decision: Admitted

"I had my session for 25 mins with an Adcom and it was very conversational I even forgot it was a formal interview. She was so friendly and laid some ground rules before the interview started 1. Tell me your background /WMTYR 2. Why MBA 3. Why Cornell 4. ST LT goals 5. Some follow up questions related to my intership plan based on my long term goals 6. What can you give back to Cornell Community 7. If I asked your supervisor three things about you, what would it be? 8. Does Cornell has the resources you need for your future goal? 9. Is there anything you want to tell me that I haven't asked you 10. Do you want to ask me anything? Hoping for the best, it was a very pleasant interview"

This user wants to stay Private from Indonesia WE: 48 months; Health Care

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 22 2021 [#permalink] Johnson (Cornell), Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Adcom Interviewed on: Nov 22 2021 Final Decision: Interviewed

"Online interview with an AdCom over Zoom (she pinged me the zoom link on Skype when we got started. Interview was straightforward and had similar questions as others have outlined. It was probably planned for 40mins tops because at the 37 min mark, she said she’s running out of time for the next slot and asked me to email her any questions I had for her. There were couple of questions which I felt were repetitive and the way they were framed basically required me to repeat couple of points with some additional depth. But overall, not a stressful interview at all unlike couple others I have had. Questions (in the order they were asked) WMTYR Why MBA? ST/LT goals What resources you’ll use for recruiting? (basically wanted to know if I am aware of the clubs and recruiting process) A follow up on LT goal Why Johnson? How would peers describe you? Leadership style/experience What clubs you’ll be involved in at Johnson? A follow up (repetitive) question on recruiting strategy/resources Back up plan for career choice Anything we didn’t cover that you want to highlight? That was it. It lasted ~37-40 mins total. I sent her couple of questions I had in a follow up email. She said admissions will be on rolling basis and the last day to hear back from is the date in December that’s on their website. Hope it is helpful to others. Good luck!"

lemonmelon from United States GMAT 730; Energy and Utilities

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 22 2021 [#permalink] Johnson (Cornell), Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Nov 22 2021 Final Decision: Interviewed

"So I had my interview today with an Adcom-- She was very friendly and the interview went smoothly from my standpoint. I will be highlighting all the questions as I remembered them. She started by introducing herself and her background, told me what she expected from the interview and the allotted time the interview should take. Below are the questions she asked me; 1) Tell me about your background 2) Why MBA? 3) why Cornell? 4) What are your short term and long term career goals? 5) what is your alternate goal if your plan A doesn't work 4) What do you do in your current job? 5)What will you bring to Cornell? 6) Aside work, what other voluntary contribution would you engage to benefit Cornell 7) Name three firms you would like to work at after your MBA. 8) what is your recruitment strategy, how do you intend to utilize Cornell to get to your target company 9) If I asked your supervisor/peers about you, what 3 words would they use to describe you and why? 10)Is there anything you wished I had asked you in your application? 11) Do you have any question for me ? I kind of goofed in my response for #9&10 , but in all the interview went well. I hope I get in!"

SLAY from Nigeria WE: 80 months; Energy and Utilities

yes
no
Off Campus with Adcom Interviewed on: Nov 18 2021

"Interviewed for One Year MBA program with an Adcom member. The interview lasted for ~40 minutes. The adcom member quickly introduced himself and then laid ground rules for the conversation. Questions: 1. Introduce yourself - Personal and Professional 2. Why Johnson and what attracts you to Johnson the most? How would you contribute to the Johnson community? 3. Why a second MBA? 4. What are your long term and short term goals and what will be your recruiting strategy?"

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 18 2021 [#permalink] Johnson (Cornell), Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Nov 18 2021

"I had an interview with Adcom member. 1) Tell me about yourself 2) Why MBA? 3) Short and long term goals? 4) How do you come up with these goals? 5) Why Johnson? 6) Anything that you would like to share?"

yes
no
Off Campus with current Student Interviewed on: Nov 17 2021 Final Decision: Admitted

"I've interviewed for Cornell One Year Program. My Interview was with second year student, felt more like a conversation. So don't stress out !! General Tips 1. Make sure you are visible on Skype 2. Don't panic if Adcom team don't call you on time. For me it got delayed because they were having calls back to back. Questions: 1. Introduction 2. Why One Year MBA ? ( Very Important - Have Personal Strong Stories) 3. Why Cornell ? 4. ST and LT Goals 5. What are some of the challenges faced in terms of diversity and inclusion? 6. Describe your leadership style in few words? 7. What is your plan B if ST goal don't work ? 8. What are some of the companies are you targeting after graduation? Try as much as you can to not be nervous and enjoy the experience. Good Luck !!"

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 16 2021 [#permalink] Johnson (Cornell), Cornell NYC Tech MBA
Off Campus with Adcom Interviewed on: Nov 16 2021 Final Decision: Admitted from WL

"The interviewer was Bianca M. who is the assistant director of admissions. 1. Intro 2. Career Goals 3. What advice would you give to a friend if they want to open a coffee shop? 4. Talk about a time when you managed resource constraints 5. What excites you towards Cornell Tech as opposed to the general 2-year program at Ithaca? 6. What are the disadvantages of the Cornell Tech MBA? 7. How do you handle disappointments? 8. How is your knowledge of digital tech? 9. Any questions for her?"

rahulrai95 from India WE: 64 months; Computer Software

yes
no
Online Interviewed on: Nov 16 2021 Final Decision: Interviewed

"The Interview lasted 45 mins for one year MBA Program. 1- Talk to me about yourself 2- ST and LT goals 3- Why MBA and Why Johnson ? 4- Plan B 5- Leadership Experience and Style 6- How do you encourage diversity, equity, and inclusion in the classroom? *Overall: My interviewer at Johnson was a second-year student. Felt more like a conversation and like I was talking to a friend."

This user wants to stay Private

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 15 2021 [#permalink] Johnson (Cornell), Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Adcom Interviewed on: Nov 15 2021 Final Decision: Interviewed

"1) Walk through your academic experience and how does this relate to your goals and your application? 2) How will an MBA help you achieve your goals? 3) Leadership experience and leadership style 4) Why Cornell 5) How steps will you take to make sure you are successful in achieving your goals 6) Did you speak to anyone from school or the profession to understand more about the industry 7) What are 1-2 qualities your co-workers think you have? 8) Anything I haven't asked you that you wanted to share with me? Overall, the interview experience was fantastic with the Adcom. Adcom was very nice and wanted to have a conversation rather than a very formal interview. The main aspect is to make sure you convey your story and goals clearly. Also, how will an MBA and particularly Johnson will help you achieve the goal?"

This user wants to stay Private WE: 96 months; Investment Banking

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 12 2021 [#permalink] Johnson (Cornell), Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Nov 11 2021 Final Decision: Admitted

"1- Talk to me about yourself 2- What do you want to do right after Johnson? 3- What appeals to you about Johnson in particular? 4- What do you do for fun? 5- How do you show up as a team member? 6- How do you encourage diversity, equity, and inclusion in the classroom? 7- Anything I haven't asked you that you wanted to share with me? *Overall: My interviewer at Johnson was a second-year student. There was an adcom on mute. Felt more like a conversation and like I was talking to a friend. The interview lasted 45 mins. It was on Skype. They call you so no need to contact Johnson if you don't find an add request. I panicked for a second when 3 minutes went by and I didn't get any message or call from my interviewer and then I realized that I had myself hidden under privacy (in settings) so make sure that people can access you and that you're visible on skype. Check your privacy settings."

daldilaimi from Kuwait GMAT 780; Computer Software

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 14 2021 [#permalink] Johnson (Cornell), Cornell NYC Tech MBA
Off Campus with Adcom Interviewed on: Nov 11 2021 Final Decision: Admitted

"I was told that the interview will last about 25mins. The whole interview lasted about 17mins. Questions asked where: - an intro abt myself - short/long term goals. - how i felt abt working cross-disciplinary team - what would u do if u faced resource constraints. - what are some things that attribute to my success. - if my friend called me today and told me she is gonna start a coffee business, what wld i say to her. - do i have any other questions There were no follow-up questions after I answered each question, so it did leave me wondering if I answered the question well or was already written off right from the start."

This user wants to stay Private from Singapore WE: 42 months; Other

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 13 2021 [#permalink] Johnson (Cornell), Cornell NYC Tech MBA
Online Interviewed on: Oct 28 2021 Final Decision: Interviewed

"Overview: The interview felt rushed and scripted. I had 30 minutes scheduled to speak, but was told only 25 minutes was available. The interviewer was taking notes each time I responded to questions, and sometimes would mute themselves or turn off video. Interviewer was nice and I would say it was a positive experience. Questions: Tell Me about yourself. Why are you looking to get an MBA? Why Cornell Tech and not the Full-time program in Ithaca? Tell me about a time where you had to convince higher-ups of doing something different. Tell me about your knowledge in digital tech. What else should admissions know about you that wasnt submitted to your application? What questions do you have for me?"

This user wants to stay Private from United States Manufacturing

yes
no
Online Interviewed on: Oct 14 2021 Final Decision: Denied with Interview

"I conducted the SC Johnson 1Yr MBA Interview this afternoon. I submitted my application on 3 Sept and received an invitation to interview on 6 Oct. My interview is an Adcom member. The interview lasted 45 minutes. Could you walk me through your background? Why MBA? Why Johnson Short/Long term goals? What resource would you utilise, either personally or professionally, to achieve your goals? What is your leadership style? Is there any question I may have asked?"

erhomoe@gmail.com from Nigeria GMAT 740; WE: 188 months; Energy and Utilities

yes
no
Debrief posted on  May 20 2021 [#permalink] Johnson (Cornell), Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: May 04 2021 Final Decision: Interviewed

"With MBA2. Super pleasant experience, didn’t ask anything unexpected. The whole process lasted for about 40-45mins. I didn’t know who my interviewer was until the time of the interview. - Tell me about yourself (academic+professional background) - Your leadership experience - Why MBA, why now - Why Johnson - Post MBA goals - Some questions specific to my resume - then it was my turn to ask questions before we ended the video call Hope this helps!"

This user wants to stay Private from Canada WE: 76 months; Other

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 04 2021 [#permalink] Johnson (Cornell), Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Mar 03 2021

"I found this forum to be incredibly helpful for my interview so wanted to share my experience! It was my first interview with a member of AdCom, others have been with students so it was a bit of a different vibe. Overall I thought it went smoothly and my interviewer was incredibly nice. Questions: 1. Tell me about your background and why do you want to get an MBA? 2. What are some companies you want to work for after your MBA? 3. What are some steps you'll take to ensure you get an internship? 4. How are you preparing for the rigorous academic environment? 5. Any clubs or courses you'd like to join? 6. Anything you want me to take back to the AdCom? Highly recommend and make sure you are prepared and do your research!"

mbavery WE: 96 months;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 11 2021 [#permalink] Johnson (Cornell), Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Adcom Interviewed on: Mar 01 2021 Final Decision: Interviewed

"My interview was with an Adcom member Benjamin. It was for about 40 minutes. Tell me about yourself Tell me about your undergrad. How involved you were there? Why Johnson? Any major project at work which affected you a lot What if consulting doesn't happen? What if US doesn't happen post MBA?"

This user wants to stay Private

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jan 21 2021 [#permalink] Johnson (Cornell), Cornell NYC Tech MBA
Off Campus with Alumni Interviewed on: Jan 12 2021 Final Decision: Admitted

"My interview was virtual with a current professor and Johnson alumna. We only discussed the case study for 5-7 minutes before walking through my work experience, why I'm choosing to pursue a MBA at this time, and why Cornell Tech. It was very comfortable and she left plenty of time at the end for me to ask 3-4 questions."

This user wants to stay Private from United States GMAT 720; WE: 72 months; Computer Software

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Dec 10 2020 [#permalink] Johnson (Cornell), Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Dec 10 2020 Final Decision: Admitted from WL

"Interviewed with Admission Committee Member There are several specific questions related to my applications. But the general questions are: 1. Walk me through your resume 2. Why MBA? 3. Which companies do you want to work for post-MBA, and where? 4. Why Johnson? 5. Tell me about your experience as a teammate and a leader (in one question) 6. What do you do for fun? 7. Which immersion or class do you want to take? Questions for the adcom: 1. How Johnson help international students transferred to Ithaca during Covid-19? 2. How are the recruitment timeline and procedures differ due to Covid-19? Overall, it was a very conversational and fun interview compared to any other interviews I ever took. Good luck all!"

This user wants to stay Private from Indonesia Accounting

yes
no