Johnson (Cornell)

FINAL DECISION
SORT BY
Most helpful
SORT BY Interview date
Recent interviewed
SORT BY Post date
Recent posted
Debrief posted on  Feb 06 2019 [#permalink] Cornell Johnson , Cornell NYC Tech MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Jan 24 2019 Final Decision: Denied with Interview

"My Cornell Tech R3 Interview: It starts with a presentation of case study(case study would sent to you 48 hours in advance of the interview and took around 5-7 minutes time to present at the beginning) and during the presentation, the interviewer asked several follow up questions about it. In total it took around half of the interview time. The other half was the general MBA interview questions, as far as I could remember: 1. Why MBA (it was asked in different way, the memory is vague, but the core Q was that) 2. During a project if your team are running out of time, what would you do? (I guess because in my resume I had experiences as Project Manager) 3. Experiences about work with cross function team, how you handled it. 4. Any specific area want to work on post MBA 5. Since you mentioned you are already a product manager, already had entrepreneur-like experiences, why you still want to go for MBA and be entrepreneur? (a follow up question about my last answer) 6. Anything want to ask? As the interview date was a bit far from now, so the questions listed above might not be exact what the interviewer asked, however, hopefully it could more or less serve as references. Good luck guys!"

This user wants to stay Private
0 out of 0 people found this Debrief helpful.

Was this Debrief helpful for you?

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jan 14 2019 [#permalink] Cornell Johnson , Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Jan 14 2019 Final Decision: Matriculating

"Interview lasted for 30mins. And it was a very enjoyable conversation with Chris, he made it seem like a breeze. There were expected questions - tell me about your professional background, why Mba, why now, why Johnson, contributions to Johnson, which clubs I intend to join and the back up plan. There were also few questions I didn’t expect but nothing too difficult. He asked me what I loved most about my consulting career so far. He also asked me what is my strength and weakness with regard to my leadership skills. What do I expect to be the most challenging aspect during the Mba. How am I preparing myself for the Mba. I had name dropped and mentioned that I spoke to multiple people. So he asked what was one advice that I have received from the students I got in touch with. Finally he asked me what is the one thing I would like him to tell the admission committee about me. And then wrapped up the interview with ‘if I had any questions for him’"

This user wants to stay Private from India GMAT 720; WE: 72 months; Consulting

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jan 27 2019 [#permalink] Cornell Johnson , Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Jan 08 2019 Final Decision: Admitted

"I had an interview with an adcom. It was a very nice conversation and she gave me so much comfort by keeping her smile throughout the whole time. I listed down so much as I could remember, some of the questions though were very specific to my experiences so I took them out. 1. Tell me your goals 2. Why this goal 3. Why mba 4. Why cornell 5. What are my hobbies - what i enjoy doing 6. How did i come up with my own business as I am currently having a full time job but also running my own company 7. Where do i want to work in the future/during intersjip : industry and geo 8. If she can list 3 things to give to ad com, what are they 9. What i think are the factors that made me accomplish so much so far 10. What other schools that im applying to 11. What will you contribute to Cornell And then if I had any question."

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 28 2018 [#permalink] Cornell Johnson
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 15 2018 Final Decision: Admitted from WL

"I had my Johnson interview on Skype with a member of the adcom. The interview was fairly straightforward and lasted about 30 mins. Questions, as far as I can recall, were following: 1. Walk me through your resume 2. What are your goals 3. Back up plan? 4. Why Cornell? 5. Tell me about your leadership style 6. What are you doing to prepare yourself for the Johnson MBA? 7. How do you plan to utilise the Career Management Center 8. Any questions"

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 16 2018 [#permalink] Cornell Johnson
On Campus Interviewed on: Oct 25 2018 Final Decision: Waitlisted with Interview

"Had mine yesterday. It was fairly straightforward, as the time is limited. I started off with my presentation. Brought some high level notes with me for reference. She interrupted once during the presentation to ask a question, and at the end she asked two follow-ups based on my position. Afterwards, she asked me to walk through my professional experiences to how I got to where I am today, with a hint to explain why an MBA. She also asked about why Cornell Tech specifically. I don’t recall if there was one question after that; there might have been. Then we were running out of time, so I asked her my own questions."

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Dec 04 2018 [#permalink] Cornell Johnson
Skype Interviewed on: Oct 11 2018 Final Decision: Interviewed

"This is for 1yr program Just had my Skype interview today. Lasted for 32 minutes. I applied for 1-year program/early action Questions: Introduce your academic background and work experience Why MBA at this time Why one year program Why Cornell How you solved a conflict in workplace Have you started to build your network in the target industry Have you reached out to any Cornell students or alumni What clubs do you plan to join What is your plan B How will you prepare for your 1-year MBA study Tell me one thing about you that is not shown or mentioned in your application Any questions for me?"

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Dec 04 2018 [#permalink] Cornell Johnson
On Campus Interviewed on: Sep 19 2018 Final Decision: Interviewed

"Interview was good for the most part but certainly enjoyable meeting Andrea and Joy. It was held at Cornell's admissions location in NYC and was about 45 minutes in length. Basic run through was we talked about my history, experience, why I was interested in a MBA, and other questions that would help the admissions group understand how I would fit with their overall curriculum at Cornell. Wont get into specifics but I think if you review what you want to do with an MBA and how it fits into their program, especially what you can contribute, you will do fine. I did enjoy the visit! The only downside was that the room was quite hot or maybe it was the fact I was over caffienated."

discodv05 from United States

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 30 2018 [#permalink] Cornell Johnson
On Campus Interviewed on: Mar 12 2018 Final Decision: Matriculating

"Interviewed on campus with adcom, and my experience was very positive. What was supposed to be a 30min interview turned out to be a 50min interview (I suppose I had such flexibility because I interviewed on campus). Questions were straightforward, and mostly focused on getting to know my work and leadership experience. In the beginning, we started off with a small talk and jumped right into questions. See below for some of the questions I'd been asked. -Is this the first time you visited the campus? -Tell me about your work experience -Why an MBA? -Why Johnson? -Tell me about your leadership experience, in/outside of work -What are the three most important characteristics of a leader? -What are you doing to prepare for your MBA? -What specific clubs are you looking to join? -Any questions for me?"

This user wants to stay Private from United States GMAT 700; WE: 60 months; Consumer Products

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 07 2018 [#permalink] Cornell Johnson
On Campus Interviewed on: Nov 15 2017 Final Decision: Matriculating

"I ended up interviewing with Adcom. They had my resume, and notes from the application package. Here're some of the questions I got... 1. Walk me through your resume. I had read previous questions which I answered through this opportunity and also touched on why Johnson was what I was looking for. 2. How do you plan on making an impact at Cornell? 3. How will Cornell help you attain your goal? 4. What's your backup plan if your first choice doesn't work out? 5. How are you preparing for an MBA? Overall very conversational and laid back. Hope this helps."

builtok from United States GMAT 710;

yes
no
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 23 2016 Final Decision: Interviewed

"1 year MBA Admission Interview My interview for the one year program (applied in R1) was a couple of nights back (via Skype). The representative from the AdCom was very friendly and she ensured that the interview was spread like an everyday conversation. I have detailed below a list of questions that I was asked (and that I remember being asked); if there are other entrepreneurs who have received interview calls then the following may help - 1. Run me through your academic and professional background 2. Questions on my start-up (this accounted for 12 to 14 minutes) how many employees, funding, global presence, why the brand name changed (I originally launched my venture under a different name), questions on who acquired my venture and how I went about the transition 3. Why MBA at this stage, Why Johnson, Short Term Goals and Backup Plans 4. Challenging situations faced as an entrepreneur and how I dealt with conflicts at the workplace 5. Which clubs (and how specifically will I contribute to EVCC Club) 6. What do I do in my free time 7. Any questions I had for the AdCom Overall, I believe the interview went well. It lasted for about 35 to 40 minutes. I have been advised that I would receive a notification (hopefully a stress relieving one :p) in 3 to 4 weeks. Hope this helps and all the best to everyone."

yes
no
On Campus Interviewed on: Oct 21 2016 Final Decision: Interviewed

"1 year MBA Admission Interview I have done with my interview this week with an admission team member. It was very comfortable and straightforward: 1- tell me about your self? 2- Why MBA? why now? your immediate career goals and long term ones? 3- major challenges faced and what was your reaction? 4- Do you know Cornell one year MBA well? what immersion are you interested in? which club? 4- and if I have any questions? I don't know, but my feeling is good. The school, people, and surroundings are just amazing. Students are helpful, down to earth, and welling to help and support even before the interview! The place is so warm and intimate. May be because it is not in winter, but the campus is breathtaking and extremely beautiful."

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 01 2018 [#permalink] Cornell Johnson
On Campus Interviewed on: Feb 26 2015 Final Decision: Matriculating

"There were parts of the interview that were conversational, however it seemed very structured and targeted. I don't know if that was just my particular interviewers style or if I just really screwed it up. The interviewer was a second year student and he started by introducing a little about himself and what he had from the admissions committee. It appeared that he only had my resume and a few specific questions that he needed to ask. Anyways here are some of the questions that were asked: -Walk me through your resume -Why an MBA? -Why Johnson? -Describe a time that you disagreed with your boss -Describe a time you encountered conflict within a team, how did you deal with it? -How would you describe your leadership style? -How will you contribute to the Johnson community? -What makes your candidacy unique? In the end the interview was just over 40min long. He had set a timer to make sure there would be time at the end for me to ask some questions."

dtse86 from United States GMAT 730; Other

yes
no