GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Oct 2018, 18:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Judge Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 4
Re: Judge Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2018, 05:12
Hello,
I would like to seek an evaluation of my profile for applying to Cambridge Judge Business School

Nationality: Indian
Job Role: Digital Marketing

Education:
Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering from a state funded university in India
Graduated with GPA: 9.3 on a scale of 10 and a gold medal for securing the first rank in the batch

GMAT:
Total Score: 720 (Q 49, V 40, IR 8)

Work Experience:
36 months of Marketing experience in a multinational corporation in the manufacturing industry (manufacturers of building materials), of which 12 months is in a managerial role (1 direct reportee). Some of the activities that I have done are:
- Planning and executing digital marketing campaigns
- Social media management
- Content generation
- Driving engagement on social media and mobile applications
- Analyzing digital campaigns
- Identifying market trends and insights
- Working with creative agencies
- Marketing communications
- Segment development activities
- Developing sales argumentaries

Extra-curricular activities/Community service experience:
Headed three clubs during undergrad college. Was involved in literary events and community service during undergrad.

Post MBA:
Management Consulting (ideally – MBB)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
Re: Judge Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2018, 05:17
SidSridhar wrote:
Hello,
I would like to seek an evaluation of my profile for applying to Cambridge Judge Business School

<<snip>>

Post MBA:

Consider the following points Sid:
  1. Your work profile looks pretty interesting and especially given that you have an engineering background. Apart from enumerating the activities, make sure you bring out clear impact of your work where you can.
  2. The experience would be tad on the lower side for a school such as Judge. Your leadership role will be good however it might be worth putting in 1-2 more years if Judge is a dream school from that perspective.
  3. The GMAT is decent but not something completely in line with your stellar undergrad. Might be worth considering a retake.
  4. Schools value ECs; read here why. In recent times, this will be a blind spot for you - see how well you can build that up.

Hope this helps some.

Cheers,

MG (Manish Gupta)|The MBA Crystal Ball Team

Email: mcb at mbacrystalball dot com

mbaMission Admissions Consultant
S

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2018, 09:36
Hi SidSridhar,

Thanks for posting. From the limited info provided here, the following strengths are evident:

-undergrad grades
-respectable GMAT (though not outstanding per se)
-marketing experience (as a differentiator from engineering studies)
-managerial experience
-leadership & community involvement in undergrad

And the following weaknesses:

-if zero community or other involvement since college, that would be an area of weakness since so many applicants still have active recent community involvement
-a touch light on years of experience but still reasonable/within the typical range

And the following unknowns:

-international experience?
-specific stories, accomplishments, impact shown etc that may impact essays
-recommendation quality
-interview quality etc

Be sure to show a good connection with/interest in Cambridge; perhaps connecting with several students/alum would help. Good luck to you!

SidSridhar wrote:
Hello,

Job Role: Digital Marketing

Education:
Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering from a state funded university in India
Graduated with GPA: 9.3 on a scale of 10 and a gold medal for securing the first rank in the batch

GMAT:
Total Score: 720 (Q 49, V 40, IR 8)

Work Experience:
36 months of Marketing experience in a multinational corporation in the manufacturing industry (manufacturers of building materials), of which 12 months is in a managerial role (1 direct reportee). Some of the activities that I have done are:
- Planning and executing digital marketing campaigns
- Social media management
- Content generation
- Driving engagement on social media and mobile applications
- Analyzing digital campaigns
- Identifying market trends and insights
- Working with creative agencies
- Marketing communications
- Segment development activities
- Developing sales argumentaries

Extra-curricular activities/Community service experience:
Headed three clubs during undergrad college. Was involved in literary events and community service during undergrad.

Post MBA:

Jen Kedrowski
mbaMission

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Intern
Intern
B
Judge Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2018, 00:47
Hello! Can someone evaluate my profile? I am planning to apply for R2 this year. (2018)

Background and nationality - Male, Indian, 26,

Education Information
10th - 77%

12th - 84.3% (Maths, Physics & Chemistry)

(2009-2013) B.Tech Architectural Engineering, SRM University, Chennai, India. Score - 7.52/10 (75.2 %)

(2015-2017) Masters in Urban & Regional Planning (Major in Environmental Planning), Center for Environmental & Planning Technology University (CEPT University), Ahmadabad, India. Score - (2.8/4.0)

GMAT: Yet to score. Scored a 660 on my last mock. Aiming for a 700 range score.

Work experience and leadership (4 yrs as of September 1st 2019)
(2017-Till Date) - Assistant Professor, JNA&FA University, Hyderabad, India.
Initiatives & Achievements
1. Daily news before class. As urban planners, I felt the students need to know what’s happening around them. I realized that they lacked the habit of reading a newspaper. I insisted that we have a small news talk daily. It has now become a healthy routine.
2. Created a non-restrictive environment which allowed students to confidently think out of the box
3. Reward with books/movies. Upon completion of an assignment/quiz, I would suggest a movie or a book that is related to one of the topics taught. This would also help the students improve their vocabulary, grammar, speaking & reading skills.
4. Insist digital assignment submissions only. Handwritten assignments submitted turned out to be illegible along with grammatical & spelling errors. Going digital not only rectified the errors, but was an economical & efficient strategy to reduce paper use.
5. Having made my classes interactive & interesting than a traditional one, attendance improved by 40%.

(2013-2015) - Senior Architect, Larsen & Toubro, Hyderabad, India
1. Expedited quantity estimation process. Quantities were being manually calculated from hard copies of drawings -a time consuming, error-prone process. I procured digital copies from the client & estimated the entire quantity precisely in 1/5th of the time.
2. 3D visualization. Engineers on site had difficulty in comprehending certain design elements shown in a 2D plan or drawing. I recreated all such abstruse elements in 3D so that they could easily visualize and execute them with a lower probability of error.
3. Progress of various activities on site was shown using conventional bar charts. I started marking the progress on the floor plans itself with various colors for various activities. It evolved into an interesting but simple visual progress-tracking tool.

Extra-Curricular
1. Short Film Making ( University) - Was part of 2 short films as a cinematographer and an actor. The films promoted the awareness of Swachh Bharat (Clean India Mission) & that of depression as a subtle mental health issue.
2. Lake Rejuvenation Project - Mission Kakatiya (Telangana, India) (Work Place) - Freelanced the design for a lake restoration project opposite one of Larsen & Toubros’ construction site on behalf of the organization. This gesture earned us a goodwill from the local residents.
3. Food Stall during Navratri '2016 (University) - Organized and ran a food stall with a group of friends for 10 days. Those 10 days gave us a small-scale experience on the basics of marketing, supply & demand, customer feedback and crisis management.
4. Student Placement Coordinator (University) - Organized skill development workshops, designed the class profile brochure, interacted with past & potential recruiters & ensured eligibility based short-listing for a class of 114.
5. I have got my own architectural photography blog website up and running. You can visit it at captures.in or on insta at @captures.in .

Post MBA goals
Work in a product management of product development role for a few years before starting my own venture. I know its very broad, but I am still working on refining it further.

Anything else?
My hobbies
1. Electric vehicle design - Interested in automobiles since childhood. Being an eco-conscious individual & a huge fan of Tesla, I'm currently working on designing and building an electric cruiser bike.
2. Photography - The camera gives me the freedom to capture anything I see from my perspective. My subjects are often miniature 3D models, animals, architectural & heritage spaces and natural landscapes
3. Hydroponics - the method of growing plants in only water instead of soil. I liked the idea of growing plants faster & chemical free with less water. A very recent hobby which I'm still cultivating!
4. DIY - I like building my own stuff. I like to create my own solution if i cant find one. I built a custom guitar cause my fingers were too thick for a standard one.
5. Trading - Im a hobby level trader. I work with binary options.

Although I lack international exposure, the class profile at CEPT University comprises of over a 100 students from various states all over the country having a wide diversity in background (I know atleast 2 people from every state in the country) and disciplines ranging from engineering, architecture, geography, law, environmentalists, planners etc. Working with a such a diverse crowd, having different language, different culture and traditions etc helped me to balance the dynamics of our team/group.

Let me know if you need any other detail.
Director
Director
G
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2018, 02:06
Hello chaitu2424

You have a lot going for you. Strong and unique work ex,, extracurricular activities, decent past acads. Read here yo know what factors to focus on in your essays and profile in general.
Coming to your career goals, definitely need to come to a much more stronger narrative. Tie your long term goals with your past/transferable skills and how an MBA will fill missing gaps. See of reading here helps.
A 700+ GMAT can give you a fighting chance.
Needless to say how you tie in the above in your written application will decide the final outcome.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

chaitu2424 wrote:
Hello! Can someone evaluate my profile? I am planning to apply for R2 this year. (2018)

Background and nationality - Male, Indian, 26,

Education Information
10th - 77%

12th - 84.3% (Maths, Physics & Chemistry)

(2009-2013) B.Tech Architectural Engineering, SRM University, Chennai, India. Score - 7.52/10 (75.2 %)

(2015-2017) Masters in Urban & Regional Planning (Major in Environmental Planning), Center for Environmental & Planning Technology University (CEPT University), Ahmadabad, India. Score - (2.8/4.0)

GMAT: Yet to score. Scored a 660 on my last mock. Aiming for a 700 range score.

Work experience and leadership (4 yrs as of September 1st 2019)
(2017-Till Date) - Assistant Professor, JNA&FA University, Hyderabad, India.
1. Daily news before class. As urban planners, I felt the students need to know what’s happening around them. I realized that they lacked the habit of reading a newspaper. I insisted that we have a small news talk daily. It has now become a healthy routine.
2. Created a non-restrictive environment which allowed students to confidently think out of the box
3. Reward with books/movies. Upon completion of an assignment/quiz, I would suggest a movie or a book that is related to one of the topics taught. This would also help the students improve their vocabulary, grammar, speaking & reading skills.
4. Insist digital assignment submissions only. Handwritten assignments submitted turned out to be illegible along with grammatical & spelling errors. Going digital not only rectified the errors, but was an economical & efficient strategy to reduce paper use.
5. Having made my classes interactive & interesting than a traditional one, attendance improved by 40%.

(2013-2015) - Senior Architect, Larsen & Toubro, Hyderabad, India
1. Expedited quantity estimation process. Quantities were being manually calculated from hard copies of drawings -a time consuming, error-prone process. I procured digital copies from the client & estimated the entire quantity precisely in 1/5th of the time.
2. 3D visualization. Engineers on site had difficulty in comprehending certain design elements shown in a 2D plan or drawing. I recreated all such abstruse elements in 3D so that they could easily visualize and execute them with a lower probability of error.
3. Progress of various activities on site was shown using conventional bar charts. I started marking the progress on the floor plans itself with various colors for various activities. It evolved into an interesting but simple visual progress-tracking tool.

Extra-Curricular
1. Short Film Making ( University) - Was part of 2 short films as a cinematographer and an actor. The films promoted the awareness of Swachh Bharat (Clean India Mission) & that of depression as a subtle mental health issue.
2. Lake Rejuvenation Project - Mission Kakatiya (Telangana, India) (Work Place) - Freelanced the design for a lake restoration project opposite one of Larsen & Toubros’ construction site on behalf of the organization. This gesture earned us a goodwill from the local residents.
3. Food Stall during Navratri '2016 (University) - Organized and ran a food stall with a group of friends for 10 days. Those 10 days gave us a small-scale experience on the basics of marketing, supply & demand, customer feedback and crisis management.
4. Student Placement Coordinator (University) - Organized skill development workshops, designed the class profile brochure, interacted with past & potential recruiters & ensured eligibility based short-listing for a class of 114.
5. I have got my own architectural photography blog website up and running. You can visit it at captures.in or on insta at @captures.in .

Post MBA goals
Work in a product management of product development role for a few years before starting my own venture. I know its very broad, but I am still working on refining it further.

Anything else?
My hobbies
1. Electric vehicle design - Interested in automobiles since childhood. Being an eco-conscious individual & a huge fan of Tesla, I'm currently working on designing and building an electric cruiser bike.
2. Photography - The camera gives me the freedom to capture anything I see from my perspective. My subjects are often miniature 3D models, animals, architectural & heritage spaces and natural landscapes
3. Hydroponics - the method of growing plants in only water instead of soil. I liked the idea of growing plants faster & chemical free with less water. A very recent hobby which I'm still cultivating!
4. DIY - I like building my own stuff. I like to create my own solution if i cant find one. I built a custom guitar cause my fingers were too thick for a standard one.
5. Trading - Im a hobby level trader. I work with binary options.

Although I lack international exposure, the class profile at CEPT University comprises of over a 100 students from various states all over the country having a wide diversity in background (I know atleast 2 people from every state in the country) and disciplines ranging from engineering, architecture, geography, law, environmentalists, planners etc. Working with a such a diverse crowd, having different language, different culture and traditions etc helped me to balance the dynamics of our team/group.

Let me know if you need any other detail.

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2018, 10:44
Hi everyone,

Background:
Korean-American (born in Brooklyn)
Age 27
GMAT 710

Education:
BBA in Risk Management and Insurance from Temple University
Honors Program, Magna Cum Laude, GPA: 3.76

Work Experience: Total 5 years
Job 1 (2 years) - Global Property Underwriter at world's largest publicly traded insurance company. Analyzed and managed risk for complex multinational property portfolios.

Job 2 (3 years) - Co-Founder/CEO of energy efficiency consulting company. Started the company during my sophomore year of college and worked part-time while working at the insurance firm until it grew to the point where I decided to pursue the energy consulting full-time. Worked with property managers, building owners, etc to convert their facilities to up to 70% efficiency. Portfolio annual savings at about $1M.

Extra curriculars - After winning first place at a business pitch competition for Emerging Young Entrepreneurs, joined as an advisor/assistant director of the program focused on fostering and accelerating underrepresented minority owned businesses to work with government and corporate entities.
At the time of application, will be working in Singapore for a network organization connecting non-profit startup ventures to impact investors and government grants.
In college and throughout my insurance role, contributed to a firm that is dedicated to creating opportunities for asian-americans in leadership roles in corporations.

Post MBA Goal - further hone business strategy consulting skills to support global social enterprises in creating sustainable business models. Long-term goal: create a fund that supports social enterprises with the potential for financial returns for investors.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Chris
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Judge Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here &nbs [#permalink] 18 Aug 2018, 10:44

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 26 posts ] 

Judge Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap