GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Nov 2019, 16:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Judge Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Oxford'17
GPA: 3.63
Re: Judge Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2019, 07:28
Hi. Would love a profile review. Will apply to Judge next year (4 years WE at matriculation, age 25) so wondering what I can do to strengthen my application, and make me competitive for scholarships.

Background and nationality: Citizen of a South East Asian (SEA) country. Ethnicity is mixed: SEAn and East Asian.

Undergrad Information: Top 2 university in my country, does not rank well globally. Majored in a quantitative business course. GPA converts to slightly below 3.65

GMAT: Yet to take. Practice CATs hover above 700.

Work experience and leadership: 2 years (as of right now) in a middle market bank working in Equity Research as a covering associate. Very client-facing. Also informally work in a diversified family business that's considered medium-sized in my country. Eight digit annual revenues in USD.

Extra-Curricular Activities: Have gone to business trips to other Asian countries. Constantly in contact with international buy-side clients across the globe.

Community and others: Had strong leadership roles in a charity-based UG org. Semi-active after as a consultant to the org.

Post MBA goals: I will run the medium-sized family business one day, and an MBA would help with the network, learning, and reputation. Will join it right after MBA.

Anything else? Took summer courses in top unis in UK and an Asian country.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
Re: Judge Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2019, 07:38
That's a great profile for Judge! You just need to get an upward 710 score to increase your chances to get into Judge! For scholarship, you would need to be more convincing when writing your essays. You will need to thoroughly work on your career vision post MBA in order to be eligible for scholarship. Also focus on getting some international exposure within your current work if that's possible!

All the best!

GMATworm100 wrote:
Hi. Would love a profile review. Will apply to Judge next year (4 years WE at matriculation, age 25) so wondering what I can do to strengthen my application, and make me competitive for scholarships.

Background and nationality: Citizen of a South East Asian (SEA) country. Ethnicity is mixed: SEAn and East Asian.

Undergrad Information: Top 2 university in my country, does not rank well globally. Majored in a quantitative business course. GPA converts to slightly below 3.65

Work experience and leadership: 2 years (as of right now) in a middle market bank working in Equity Research as a covering associate. Very client-facing. Also informally work in a diversified family business that's considered medium-sized in my country. Eight digit annual revenues in USD.

Extra-Curricular Activities: Have gone to business trips to other Asian countries. Constantly in contact with international buy-side clients across the globe.

Community and others: Had strong leadership roles in a charity-based UG org. Semi-active after as a consultant to the org.

Post MBA goals: I will run the medium-sized family business one day, and an MBA would help with the network, learning, and reputation. Will join it right after MBA.

mbaMission Admissions Consultant
G

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2019, 10:13
Hi there,
Thanks for posting. When is your GMAT date, or have you taken it by now?
If the GMAT goes well and you execute well on your applications, you may have a decent chance at Judge. In terms of strengthening your profile at this point, I would say:
-seek out any and all opportunities to demonstrate leadership and make more impact in both your day job and the family company (make suggestions, take initiative, step up to take on additional projects etc)
-consider getting involved in a community activity close to your heart if you are not currently
-continue to increase your involvement in the family company if that is your main career path/goal
-research Judge and get in touch with multiple Judge students and alum and have extensive dialogue to really get to know the culture and community and strengthen your ability to make a strong case for why this is the right program for you when you do apply

Good luck and keep us posted!

GMATworm100 wrote:

B
Schools: Simon '22 (S)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2019, 10:19
Hi Everyone,

It would be a great help if somebody could review my profile and suggest course of action or profile improvement measures which would help my application.

Profile :

Nationality : Indian

Education :
10th - 92%
12th - 72%
Graduation - 62%
Electronics and Communication Engineering -Visvesvaraya Technological University(Not autonomous) (NBA accredited )

Work experience :
33 months (approx.) as of today.
Autonomous Driving.
Have worked for various Asian and European Clients.
Can get letter of recommendations from managers based in Japan and Europe.
Currently working for a German product based company.

Publication : One Technical paper published in Springer magazine.

Extra-curricular :
Member of various technical clubs in college.
Organized various technical events in college.
Received awards for technical projects.

Score :
GMAT : 710 (Q49, V38, IR 6, AWA 4)

P.S. : I have worked in India for the entirety of my career.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2019, 02:09
Hi Experts!

I'd like to kindly request you for your feedback on my profile. Here goes.

Background:
Indian Male
Age 27
GMAT 720
Industry: Consulting (Front end consulting role in one of the largest HR Consulting organizations in the world, typically held by Tier-1 MBA professionals)

Education:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from IIT Delhi (CGPA – 7.0)

Work Experience: Total 4+ years (in india)
Worked for over 2 years in a social sector consulting startup and 1 year in an election campaign strategy firm (a SuperPAC). Working in the strategic HR consulting for last 1 year.

Extra curriculars – Won international competitions and worked on two international projects in Europe. Worked as Coordinator in various campus festivals and a student association club.

Post MBA Goal – Work in MBB strategy consulting firms

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Affiliations: NUS
Concentration: General Management, Real Estate
GPA: 3.76
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Judge Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 May 2019, 23:53
Hi guys, I will be really grateful for a profile review for the Judge MBA, Class of 21, being how my path is different from most applicants. I only went for my undergrad after 7 years in the military and I am not sure how this will affect my application for the MBA considering I am still an undergrad, and my WE came before. Any thoughts? I have already been awarded an MBA Overseas Scholarship from my previous organisation.

I graduate from undergrad studies on Dec 19, however, I intend to send in my applications in Round 1 with my unofficial transcript reflecting my current GPA - only 1 elective module left, it won't affect my GPA - Is this advisable?

Background and Nationality: 27y/o | Male | South East Asian, Chinese

Undergrad Info:
B.Sc (First Class Honours) Finance - National University of Singapore. 4.65/5 GPA.

GMAT:
700 (1st Attempt) - Retaking in July.

Work Experience and Leadership:
- Current Undergraduate on scholarship. Only matriculated into NUS in 2016.
- Previously a military pilot with 7 years of full-time military experience. Holding the rank of captain.
- Led and flew in Large Force Missions, managing formations of up to 64 aircraft in simulated aerial combat, as a Mission Commander in multi-national training exercises such as Ex. Red Flag / Ex. Green Flag.
- Flew high-risk rescue missions search and rescue missions over the South China Sea and Borneo, saving several lives over a 3-year operational tour.
- Qualified on 7 aircraft types, including jets, in roles such as ship landing, night and zero visibility flying, live firing and special forces insertion.
- Co-authored the Tactical Employment Manuals, standardising the capabilities, roles, tactics and mission command structure across the aircraft fleet.
- Co-structured Training Plans, helping establish common training standards and roadmaps for aircrew training.
- Helped streamline workflow requirements, achieving annual cost savings of S$165,000/++ for the service.
- Managed unit manpower requirements and the welfare of 100 active and reserve aircrew: Ensured high combat readiness, strong unit cohesion and a high state of morale
- Responsible for the accurate monthly tracking and reporting of the manpower status, finance requirements and flying activities of the unit.

Extra Curricular Activities:
Golf – Represented NUS in Intervarsity Golf Tournaments, coming in 5th and 9th in 2017 and 2018 respectively. Team Manager for NUS Golf.
Organised the NUS Entrepreneurship Societies’ (NES) Camp for undergraduate entrepreneurs as the Student Director of NES.

Projects: Non-shareholding/non-profit sharing director at Singapore’s first lab-grown diamond distributor which I helped to co-found with close friends. Helped direct business development and create partnerships with local jewellers over the semester break. Travelled regularly to negotiate with Chinese and Indian diamond producers, becoming familiar with the nuances of doing business in these markets. Exited the project after 1 year.

Achievements:
Dean’s List 2017, NUS | Dean’s List 2018, NUS
Military Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship
Military Academic Scholarship
Honour Graduate, US Army Flight School (Top 10% of Pilot Trainee Cohort)
Sword of Merit, Officer Cadet School (Top 10% of Officer Cadet Cohort)

Languages: English, Chinese, French, Thai, Malay.

Post-MBA Goals: Remain in the defence industry and join a defence supplier / military consultancy in a management role
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2019, 06:08
Hello!

Requesting a profile evaluation for Judge please.

Background and nationality: Female, Indian

Undergrad Information:
Graduated with a 9.0 of 10 CGPA from a non-IIT college in India.
I topped my university in my first year of Information Science branch beating around 2500 students and securing a maximum grade of S in 11/12 subjects. As a result of this I got a merit seat in Computer Science and then went onto complete the remaining 3 years of my undergrad as a computer science student.
(Information Science and Computer Science are essentially the same branches in India with almost the same curriculum - Computer Science is slightly on the tougher side)
I interned with a local IT company in my second year of engineering.
I was an active volunteer for 1.5 years at a well known NGO - I taught Math and Science to the students of Grade 8, 9 and 10.
An active volunteer at college cultural events too throughout my undergrad.

GMAT: 700 (Q47, V40) - I really need help deducing if this is sufficient to get me through Judge!

Work experience and leadership:
In my last semester of undergrad - I interned for 6 months with a Fortune 100 US company and landed a job with them. Been working with them for the past 4 years in the capacity of a software developer.
I was promoted to Senior Associate in my second year and to Manager in my third year with them.
I lead the Scrum/Agile process for the team and am always the talking point when it comes to interacting with the US counterparts.
I am very well known throughout the global team to be able to multi-manage and communicate effortlessly. I usually lead all the team calls and am always depended most upon to manage the team dynamics.
I am also known to be extremely creative and won the best creative team award for my team at one of our Global events.
I am active member with the firm's Toastmasters club and have served on its club officers group for a year (as a Vice President of PR and as Club Secretary)
I have participated in public speaking competitions(won second place at Division level), hosted events(hosted the area and Division events in my city), mentored folks (mainly involves honing their public speaking and leadership skills by providing constructive feedback/evaluations for every project/level they complete and guiding them structure and prepare their speeches) all over my city. I mentor about 25 people within my home club. I have completed the first level of toastmasters international and am currently in the advanced level. I have been recognized with a special award for my exemplary contribution to Toastmasters as a mentor and as a fellow toastmaster.

All suggestions will be much appreciated. Many Thanks!
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT ToolKit User
Judge Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2019, 21:37
Requesting anyone available to kindly evaluate my profile please.

Mon16 wrote:
Hello!

Requesting a profile evaluation for Judge please.

Background and nationality: Female, Indian

Undergrad Information:
Graduated with a 9.0 of 10 CGPA from a non-IIT college in India.
I topped my university in my first year of Information Science branch beating around 2500 students and securing a maximum grade of S in 11/12 subjects. As a result of this I got a merit seat in Computer Science and then went onto complete the remaining 3 years of my undergrad as a computer science student.
(Information Science and Computer Science are essentially the same branches in India with almost the same curriculum - Computer Science is slightly on the tougher side)
I interned with a local IT company in my second year of engineering.
I was an active volunteer for 1.5 years at a well known NGO - I taught Math and Science to the students of Grade 8, 9 and 10.
An active volunteer at college cultural events too throughout my undergrad.

GMAT: 700 (Q47, V40) - I really need help deducing if this is sufficient to get me through Judge!

Work experience and leadership:
In my last semester of undergrad - I interned for 6 months with a Fortune 100 US company and landed a job with them. Been working with them for the past 4 years in the capacity of a software developer.
I was promoted to Senior Associate in my second year and to Manager in my third year with them.
I lead the Scrum/Agile process for the team and am always the talking point when it comes to interacting with the US counterparts.
I am very well known throughout the global team to be able to multi-manage and communicate effortlessly. I usually lead all the team calls and am always depended most upon to manage the team dynamics.
I am also known to be extremely creative and won the best creative team award for my team at one of our Global events.
I am active member with the firm's Toastmasters club and have served on its club officers group for a year (as a Vice President of PR and as Club Secretary)
I have participated in public speaking competitions(won second place at Division level), hosted events(hosted the area and Division events in my city), mentored folks (mainly involves honing their public speaking and leadership skills by providing constructive feedback/evaluations for every project/level they complete and guiding them structure and prepare their speeches) all over my city. I mentor about 25 people within my home club. I have completed the first level of toastmasters international and am currently in the advanced level. I have been recognized with a special award for my exemplary contribution to Toastmasters as a mentor and as a fellow toastmaster.

All suggestions will be much appreciated. Many Thanks!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Aug 2019, 10:54
Hey there,

Can you please help evaluate my profile? :)

I am a female from India.

Here is my details :
1) Class 10 CBSE - 97%
2) Class 12 CBSE - 95.4%
3) Bachelor in electronics engineering with CGPA - 9.11
4) Did summer internship in IIM Calcutta on building a Social Startup for underprivileged children
5) Did a research assistant internship in IIM Calcutta on the base of the pyramid evolution
6) Currently working in Goldman Sachs as a Cyber Security Analyst (2+ years)
7) Have shown a few leadership initiatives in office however no promotion.
8) Age 25
9) GMAT mock Score - 730
10) Have studied and worked in various parts of the country... So very adaptable

It would be very helpful if you could please evaluate my profile ... thanks in advance

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q45 V36
GPA: 3.79
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)

Show Tags

New post 31 Aug 2019, 09:35
Hi all! Just wanted to consult on my chances of admission if I were to apply with my current stats in round one, or fix my GMAT and wait it out to round two.

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Background:
Indonesian, 26 y/o, Male

GMAT: 640 (Q44, V34)
IELTS Band 8.5
Certified Supply Chain Professional.

Undergraduate:
MEng in Chemical Engineering from a Top-75 school globally with First Class Honors (GPA 3.8+ equivalent)
Top 10% of my cohort

Work Experience:
Supply chain manager at a top oil & gas multinational. Leads a team of 6 directly and 4 indirectly in a country scale. I am responsible for managing inventory in the millions-of-dollars, supplier contracts worth hundred-thousands of dollars, and handles a downstream business with millions of dollars in revenue.

Joined the company as a management trainee and was promoted twice since then.

By the time of admission, I would have had around 6 years of work experience. Shows good career progressions as those in this role would normally be in their mid-30s.

Extracurricular:
> Member of my company's staff volunteering platform. We do community service such as beach cleaning, teaching underpriviledged communities, and mentoring new startups.

Awards:
Champion of two national level competitions back in Undergrad.

One "Top 5% award" for my company globally, and one "Top 1% award" for my company's Indonesia branch.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 31 Aug 2019, 12:39
Background: Applying Fall 2020.
Race/nationality: US
Sex: Male

Undergrad school/major: George Mason University, History (3.43 GPA)

Grad School: London School of Economics MSc. International History

GMAT Score: Have yet to take

Work experience and leadership: Have worked in political campaigns extensively ether as an intern or as a full-time employee before going to grad school, including for a high profile state party. I worked as a researcher for three prominent public affairs outfits. While I interned for several think tanks in college and on the Hill for a high profile member of the US Congress as well as for a House committee. I am currently working as a government contractor with a Federal agency. In these roles, I have worked with high-level donors, officials, and dealt with issues/risks impacting the business.

Community and Others:
Served as a board member and treasurer of my undergraduate social fraternity's alumni org.
Treasurer for a local political organization
Active in Washington foreign policy networking organizations.

Post-Grad Goal of MBA:
I want to work in energy finance/consulting, focusing on how political and regulatory risks impact this industry. Strong interest in emerging markets and their unique dynamics as well. Seeking a role that combines strategy, corporate finance and client advisory overall.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Sep 2019, 12:40
Background and nationality: 27 male from China

Undergrad Information:
Top Chinese diplomacy university, Major in English Language and Literature, Minor in International Relations
GPA: appox. 90/100 (my alma mater does not offer 4.0 scale GPA but the equivalent varies from 3.7-3.9 according to different metrics). Awarded national scholarships by Ministry of Education of China.

GMAT: 740 (Q51 V38 IR8 AW 5.5)
TOEFL: 115/120, I know most people on this forum don't need TOEFL scores but just put it as a reference

Work experience:
- (undergraduate) internship abroad at a United Nations regional hub, and Ministry of Finance of China, both working on policy analysis
- Joined one of China's policy financial institutions as client coverage officer since graduation, negotiating sovereign loans to local governments along the Belt and Road Initiative countries. Sectors are mainly focused on infrastructure, power, energy and resources.
1.1.5 years working in Beijing covering ASEAN countries
2.then fast-track promoted to regional manager on Asia and CIS (Russian-speaking countries) and worked for 2 years from Beijing, led a team and closed several deals, one of them was a Deal of the Year Award by a prestigious forum
3. relocated to Africa Office covering Eastern and Southern Africa. expected to have 1.5 years of WE upon matriculation. Lead negotiator for several mega sovereign debt restructuring (over 7bln USD) and interpreted for Company executives' meetings with African heads of states and government ministers.

Others: CFA, China CPA candidate, top employee performance award.
Traveled to over 30 countries in Asia, Europe and Africa, mostly in a professional capacity.
Official passport holder (government representative stationed abroad other than diplomats at the Embassy).

Extracurricular:
In college
- President of Debate and Public Speaking Club, won a few national and international awards
After college
- liaison officer of Chinese government poverty alleviation program to an impoverished county (each policy financier like us has been assigned a pair-up county to help reduce poverty with our resources and expertise). Helped source experts and funding for local farmers to grow certain fruits and identified early stage buyers.
- Licensed English teacher within the company, offering regular English language and interpreting/translation training to interested employees as a part of the company's staff training module
-Also speak intermediate French (B1 proficiency under EU standards)

Post MBA goals
Work as an investment officer in infrastructure at one of the nascent China-sponsored multilateral development banks
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2019, 08:16
Hi all,

I'd really appreciate any profile evaluation for me

I'm 26, Male from Indonesian

GMAT: 680 (Q49, V34) IR 7
Total WE: 5 years in O&G EPC Contractor (4 years as Process Engineer in Netherlands office and 1 year as Business Development Specialist in Dubai office)

Spent the first 4 years as Process Engineer in The Hague, The Netherlands then moved to Dubai office (the same company) last year as Business Development Specialist. In my current role, I mainly create presentation for client meetings, involved in bid strategy and execution, market and competitor analysis, manage monthly reporting to excom level and support business process improvement.

Undergrad: Chemical Engineering in The Netherlands.
GPA: 8.1/10

Extra-curricular:
Vice President of Indonesian Student Association in The Hague for 1 year then continued as Advisor for the next 2 years
Board member of internal organization in The Hague office that acts as platform for networking, knowledge sharing and external excursions

Post MBA Goal: business development or consulting in renewable energy industry

Intern
Intern
B
Affiliations: SWE
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.8
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 14 Oct 2019, 00:37
Hello all,

I am looking for a profile evaluation for Cambridge Judge based on the following information.

GMAT: Yet to give expected 700+

Nationality: Indian Female

Academics:
10th: 92.36% school 6th and 100% in Mathematics.
12th: 82%
Undergraduate: B.Tech Aerospace Engineering, SRM University, India.
CGPA: 8.86 - top 10%
Post graduate: Master's in Aeronautical and space systems, ISAE-SUPAERO, France
Marks: 13.6/20

Languages: English, French (intermediate), Japanese(Beginner).

WE: Total : 3y 1m and Internship for 6 months in France.
Present - 9 months: Boeing India

Software Simulation Engineer - Scrum Master

1) Built simulation models to be integrated to the simulator
2) Took initiative to Enable cosimulation between Matlab/Simulink and and the Simulator.
3) Set up Agile way of working for the team - Agile Project Management.

Certification: SAFe 4 Practitioner.

Extra-curricular:
1) Member of Society for Women Engineers - Technical Committee help in reviewing technical papers.
2) Member of department's Innovation Council and took initiative to set up Active Interests groups/clubs within the department.
3) Reverse Mentoring: Mentored a Senior Manager on Application of Agile Project Management which has directly inducted into his way of working.

2016-2018 - 2y 4m: Airbus India

Promoted from Associate Engineer to Engineer within 1 year.

1) Worked on Electrical Design and analysis
2) Trained Team members on process and technical information
3) Managed External team
4) Project management activities.

Extra-curricular:
1) Active member for Balance for Business community at Airbus. Took part in various road shows that showcased gender diversity at workplace.
2) Took initiative to set up Secondary competency framework for experience professionals on up-skilling.
3) Took initiative to introduce Work from home policy for the company.
4) Represented the department at inter-department Badminton Tournaments.

Certification: Design Thinking Workshop - IIM Bangalore

Extra-curricular at Colleges:
1) Secretary for EUROAVIA Toulouse for 2 years. Non-Profit organization for Aerospace skilling in students. Organized International workshop comprising of more than 5 nationalities in Space Debris awareness and removal. Published paper on this imitative at International Astronautical Conference - 2015
2) Organised an event called Aero-Cypher at Undergraduate which involves working with the wind tunnel
3) Zonal level school Ball Badminton Player.

Personal Project:
Founded Reach Higher a blog/website which helps students in deciding what courses to take after under graduation and one stop website for all their needs.

I understand my profile is tech heavy and am looking to move towards management consulting/general management and a MBA from a top school will help in move towards this career.

Originally posted by sandy1091 on 13 Oct 2019, 21:35.
Last edited by sandy1091 on 14 Oct 2019, 00:37, edited 1 time in total.
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Prfile Evaluation - 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2019, 22:25

!
sandy1091, We have dedicated profile eval threads for almost all tops schools. You should post your profile eval requests in those threads instead of creating new threads. I am merging this topic in Cambridge profile eval thread. Be sure to post your profile eval requests in these threads next time.

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2019, 10:59
Kindly evaluate my profile:

Indian Male (31 year-old)

Undergraduate: Bachelor Of Engineering in "Computer Science" from Rajiv Gandhi Technological University.

UG Percentage: 67.8 (probably 7.1 on 10 point scale)

Job profile: 5-years(August,2014-present) as Credit Manager (Scale 2) at one of India's largest public sector bank-Bank Of India, to which I was selected through a national level competitive examination with a selection ratio of 1:200. Joined as Assistant Manager and promoted to manager in 2019 through a bank-wide written and interview competitive procedure. Currently, I am managing Credit portfolio in a branch of over INR 100 crores (approx. USD 14 Million). My work includes achieving credit targets of the branch, identification of borrowers, review of credit history, monitoring of proposals prepared by staff, supervision on disbursement of advance, monitoring of existing portfolio, managing and mentoring a team of 18 people (who are at various levels of organizational hierarchy), implementation of Government loan schemes. I have been instrumental in steering my present and earlier branch to highly profitable balance sheet through diversifying into a segment that was earlier playing a negligible role in branch's portfolio.

GMAT: 730 (Q51, V38, IR6, AWA 5).

Extracurricular:(1) During UG, I was part of the team that won National Level Paper Presentation Contest on "Re-Engineering vs Reverse Engineering".
(2) Multiple prizes in essay, sports, drama competitions during schooling.
(3) After UG, worked freelance to develop a local startup on WordPress web development which was a learning experience.
(4) During my present position, I have also been deputed as Presiding Officer for polling booths in National Election 2019 and MP State Election 2018. Duties included managing polling team of 6-10 people, more than 1100 voters and political party agents in a politically sensitive polling area while providing real-time polling statistics to Election Commission of India.

No international experience.

Post MBA: mainly Finance, Fintech or Consulting.

Thanks in advance

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2019, 21:47
Profile Evaluation: 27 y/o Asian female|Big 4 M&A|

Hi I'm a 27 year old Southeast Asian female planning on applying during the R2 window next year.

- Born and bred in Singapore (Chinese ethnicity)
- 4 years M&A experience (valuations/corporate finance/business restructuring) in Big 4 (think Deloitte, PwC, etc)
- Ranked as High Performer in recent performance review
- 4.05/5 undergrad GPA Accounting and Business Law Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (#12 globally)
- 700 GMAT Q47 V38 IR4 AWA6 (first attempt)
- Central bank scholarship holder (70% of fees), req to work in the finance sector in Singapore post-MBA. Would want to go to PE.
- References from Big 4 Corporate Finance Partner and Previous Big 4 Senior Manager
- Volunteering at YMCA (Vietnam, Myanmar trip), high school math tutoring part-time for 5 years
- No international work experience, but an avid solo traveller and couchsurfing host (hosting travellers/strangers at my place)

Target schools: Wharton, Booth, NYU Stern, Columbia, Yale, UC Berkeley
Backup: Tuck, Cornell, UCLA

-What would be things above I should highlight in my application (that would excite the adcoms)?
-What are my chances at my target schools?
-Will being a Southeast Asian female help/hurt my chances?
-What would be a target GMAT score based on my profile?

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '21 (I)
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2019, 02:23
Hello People,

Would be really grateful if someone could evaluate my profile-
Nationality: Indian
10th Standard (2009)- 88%
12th Standard (2011)- 88%
BA Hons English (2011-2014)- Delhi University, BA Hons English- 64.5% (1s division)
MA English, Faculty of Arts, Delhi University- 61% (1st Division)
These translate to a 4.0 each on the GPA scale.
GMAT Score- 720: 47 Quant, 42 Verbal, AWA- 6.0, IR- 6
Work Experience- August 2016-August 2018: Account Analyst and then Account Strategist at Yahoo. Owner advertiser accounts in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia.
August 2018-Present: Working at an established travel startup as the content manager. Head branding communications and content strategy. Have received 2 appraisals and one promotion in the space of one year.
Extra-Curricular: Guitarist, have played semi-professionally. DJ and have worked as label manager for an electronic music label.
Reason for MBA- Wish to move to more challenging roles in better companies in the domain of growth/strategy/marketing.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Judge Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here   [#permalink] 11 Nov 2019, 02:23

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   [ 58 posts ] 

Judge Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status