Summer is Coming! Join the Game of Timers Competition to Win Epic Prizes. Registration is Open. Game starts Mon July 1st.

It is currently 22 Jul 2019, 21:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Judge Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Oxford'17
GPA: 3.63
Re: Judge Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2019, 07:28
Hi. Would love a profile review. Will apply to Judge next year (4 years WE at matriculation, age 25) so wondering what I can do to strengthen my application, and make me competitive for scholarships.

Background and nationality: Citizen of a South East Asian (SEA) country. Ethnicity is mixed: SEAn and East Asian.

Undergrad Information: Top 2 university in my country, does not rank well globally. Majored in a quantitative business course. GPA converts to slightly below 3.65

GMAT: Yet to take. Practice CATs hover above 700.

Work experience and leadership: 2 years (as of right now) in a middle market bank working in Equity Research as a covering associate. Very client-facing. Also informally work in a diversified family business that's considered medium-sized in my country. Eight digit annual revenues in USD.

Extra-Curricular Activities: Have gone to business trips to other Asian countries. Constantly in contact with international buy-side clients across the globe.

Community and others: Had strong leadership roles in a charity-based UG org. Semi-active after as a consultant to the org.

Post MBA goals: I will run the medium-sized family business one day, and an MBA would help with the network, learning, and reputation. Will join it right after MBA.

Anything else? Took summer courses in top unis in UK and an Asian country.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
Re: Judge Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2019, 07:38
That's a great profile for Judge! You just need to get an upward 710 score to increase your chances to get into Judge! For scholarship, you would need to be more convincing when writing your essays. You will need to thoroughly work on your career vision post MBA in order to be eligible for scholarship. Also focus on getting some international exposure within your current work if that's possible!

All the best!

GMATworm100 wrote:
Hi. Would love a profile review. Will apply to Judge next year (4 years WE at matriculation, age 25) so wondering what I can do to strengthen my application, and make me competitive for scholarships.

Background and nationality: Citizen of a South East Asian (SEA) country. Ethnicity is mixed: SEAn and East Asian.

Undergrad Information: Top 2 university in my country, does not rank well globally. Majored in a quantitative business course. GPA converts to slightly below 3.65

Work experience and leadership: 2 years (as of right now) in a middle market bank working in Equity Research as a covering associate. Very client-facing. Also informally work in a diversified family business that's considered medium-sized in my country. Eight digit annual revenues in USD.

Extra-Curricular Activities: Have gone to business trips to other Asian countries. Constantly in contact with international buy-side clients across the globe.

Community and others: Had strong leadership roles in a charity-based UG org. Semi-active after as a consultant to the org.

Post MBA goals: I will run the medium-sized family business one day, and an MBA would help with the network, learning, and reputation. Will join it right after MBA.

mbaMission Admissions Consultant
G

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2019, 10:13
Hi there,
Thanks for posting. When is your GMAT date, or have you taken it by now?
If the GMAT goes well and you execute well on your applications, you may have a decent chance at Judge. In terms of strengthening your profile at this point, I would say:
-seek out any and all opportunities to demonstrate leadership and make more impact in both your day job and the family company (make suggestions, take initiative, step up to take on additional projects etc)
-consider getting involved in a community activity close to your heart if you are not currently
-continue to increase your involvement in the family company if that is your main career path/goal
-research Judge and get in touch with multiple Judge students and alum and have extensive dialogue to really get to know the culture and community and strengthen your ability to make a strong case for why this is the right program for you when you do apply

Good luck and keep us posted!

GMATworm100 wrote:

B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2019, 10:19
Hi Everyone,

It would be a great help if somebody could review my profile and suggest course of action or profile improvement measures which would help my application.

Profile :

Nationality : Indian

Education :
10th - 92%
12th - 72%
Graduation - 62%
Electronics and Communication Engineering -Visvesvaraya Technological University(Not autonomous) (NBA accredited )

Work experience :
33 months (approx.) as of today.
Autonomous Driving.
Have worked for various Asian and European Clients.
Can get letter of recommendations from managers based in Japan and Europe.
Currently working for a German product based company.

Publication : One Technical paper published in Springer magazine.

Extra-curricular :
Member of various technical clubs in college.
Organized various technical events in college.
Received awards for technical projects.

Score :
GMAT : 710 (Q49, V38, IR 6, AWA 4)

P.S. : I have worked in India for the entirety of my career.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2019, 02:09
Hi Experts!

I'd like to kindly request you for your feedback on my profile. Here goes.

Background:
Indian Male
Age 27
GMAT 720
Industry: Consulting (Front end consulting role in one of the largest HR Consulting organizations in the world, typically held by Tier-1 MBA professionals)

Education:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from IIT Delhi (CGPA – 7.0)

Work Experience: Total 4+ years (in india)
Worked for over 2 years in a social sector consulting startup and 1 year in an election campaign strategy firm (a SuperPAC). Working in the strategic HR consulting for last 1 year.

Extra curriculars – Won international competitions and worked on two international projects in Europe. Worked as Coordinator in various campus festivals and a student association club.

Post MBA Goal – Work in MBB strategy consulting firms

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Affiliations: NUS
Concentration: General Management, Real Estate
GPA: 3.76
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Judge Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 May 2019, 23:53
Hi guys, I will be really grateful for a profile review for the Judge MBA, Class of 21, being how my path is different from most applicants. I only went for my undergrad after 7 years in the military and I am not sure how this will affect my application for the MBA considering I am still an undergrad, and my WE came before. Any thoughts? I have already been awarded an MBA Overseas Scholarship from my previous organisation.

I graduate from undergrad studies on Dec 19, however, I intend to send in my applications in Round 1 with my unofficial transcript reflecting my current GPA - only 1 elective module left, it won't affect my GPA - Is this advisable?

Background and Nationality: 27y/o | Male | South East Asian, Chinese

Undergrad Info:
B.Sc (First Class Honours) Finance - National University of Singapore. 4.65/5 GPA.

GMAT:
700 (1st Attempt) - Retaking in July.

Work Experience and Leadership:
- Current Undergraduate on scholarship. Only matriculated into NUS in 2016.
- Previously a military pilot with 7 years of full-time military experience. Holding the rank of captain.
- Led and flew in Large Force Missions, managing formations of up to 64 aircraft in simulated aerial combat, as a Mission Commander in multi-national training exercises such as Ex. Red Flag / Ex. Green Flag.
- Flew high-risk rescue missions search and rescue missions over the South China Sea and Borneo, saving several lives over a 3-year operational tour.
- Qualified on 7 aircraft types, including jets, in roles such as ship landing, night and zero visibility flying, live firing and special forces insertion.
- Co-authored the Tactical Employment Manuals, standardising the capabilities, roles, tactics and mission command structure across the aircraft fleet.
- Co-structured Training Plans, helping establish common training standards and roadmaps for aircrew training.
- Helped streamline workflow requirements, achieving annual cost savings of S$165,000/++ for the service.
- Managed unit manpower requirements and the welfare of 100 active and reserve aircrew: Ensured high combat readiness, strong unit cohesion and a high state of morale
- Responsible for the accurate monthly tracking and reporting of the manpower status, finance requirements and flying activities of the unit.

Extra Curricular Activities:
Golf – Represented NUS in Intervarsity Golf Tournaments, coming in 5th and 9th in 2017 and 2018 respectively. Team Manager for NUS Golf.
Organised the NUS Entrepreneurship Societies’ (NES) Camp for undergraduate entrepreneurs as the Student Director of NES.

Projects: Non-shareholding/non-profit sharing director at Singapore’s first lab-grown diamond distributor which I helped to co-found with close friends. Helped direct business development and create partnerships with local jewellers over the semester break. Travelled regularly to negotiate with Chinese and Indian diamond producers, becoming familiar with the nuances of doing business in these markets. Exited the project after 1 year.

Achievements:
Dean’s List 2017, NUS | Dean’s List 2018, NUS
Military Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship
Military Academic Scholarship
Honour Graduate, US Army Flight School (Top 10% of Pilot Trainee Cohort)
Sword of Merit, Officer Cadet School (Top 10% of Officer Cadet Cohort)

Languages: English, Chinese, French, Thai, Malay.

Post-MBA Goals: Remain in the defence industry and join a defence supplier / military consultancy in a management role
GMAT Club Bot
Judge Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here   [#permalink] 29 May 2019, 23:53

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   [ 46 posts ] 

Judge Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: SamuelWitwicky