Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 06:07 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 06:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 265 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
CrazyHorse wrote:
Yeah, I would ignore that score. The closest ones are GMATPrep and Princeton Review.

I would place Manhattan GMAT before Princeton in accuracy.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Quote:
I would place Manhattan GMAT before Princeton in accuracy.

Very true! Princeton is not very close to actual GMAT!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Maybe things have changed since I studied which was less than a year ago. Regular Manhattan GMAT lowballs your score, but their CAT's are a little off and inflate your score. But their questions are on target.

The PR quant is too easy, but punishes incorrect answers. Their verbal is on par.

Kaplan CATs are wrong. Their questions, though they may look like gmat questions, do a very poor job of imitating gmat questions. Their testing is all wrong and off whack. I scored a 580 about two weeks before I scored a 730 on official exam. Nobody will tell you that Kaplan exams are good.

Again, nothing beats the GMATPrep. It's like a cheat to take the actual GMAT before you really do so. Save them until you're ready.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 265 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
kidderek wrote:
Maybe things have changed since I studied which was less than a year ago. Regular Manhattan GMAT lowballs your score, but their CAT's are a little off and inflate your score. But their questions are on target.

The PR quant is too easy, but punishes incorrect answers. Their verbal is on par.

Kaplan CATs are wrong. Their questions, though they may look like gmat questions, do a very poor job of imitating gmat questions. Their testing is all wrong and off whack. I scored a 580 about two weeks before I scored a 730 on official exam. Nobody will tell you that Kaplan exams are good.

Again, nothing beats the GMATPrep. It's like a cheat to take the actual GMAT before you really do so. Save them until you're ready.

Kidderek,

Manhattan GMAT does not have their "regular" paper tests anymore (I think that's what you were referring to). As far as accuracy of their CATs goes, I think that MGMAT used to use Cambridge CATs in the past, while developing their own scoring algorithm. Nowadays, you can take 6 MGMAT tests online. It seems that Manhattan's verbal questions are on par with GMATPrep material, while math questions tend to be on the more time-consuming side, making it difficult to finish the quant part on time. Overall, based on the preliminary data MGMAT received from the students, actual GMATPrep scores tend to be 10 point higher than what students get on the MGMAT practice test. To me, 10 pt margin of error is pretty good!
To you point: THERE IS NOTHING OUT THERE AS GOOD AS GMATPREP!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I haven't used the new adaptive Manhattan GMAT tests, so I can't say (I've heard they're good, tho). But in my experience, the PR tests were VERY much like the real thing, both for level of difficulty and scoring.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]