Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 16:44 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 16:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2060 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 773 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GPA: 3.22
Send PM
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
vibhav wrote:
Hey guys, do the kellogg recommendations need to be necessarily submitted by the 16th oct deadline? Any idea if they give any extension? I am not too sure my recommendation provider would finish by the deadline!

You should call them and ask them. Usually universities are very accommodating if they get your supporting documentation within a couple of days.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Finance
Send PM
On essays 1 and 2 are most people writing about multiple "moment or influences" and "experiences" or concentrating on one? Difficult to get two points accross in 500 words
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Send PM
mtk232 wrote:
On essays 1 and 2 are most people writing about multiple "moment or influences" and "experiences" or concentrating on one? Difficult to get two points accross in 500 words

Thats the challenge :) wrote 2 in each essay. Given the use of plurals, dont write just one.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE:Management Consulting (Accounting)
Send PM
str1der wrote:
mtk232 wrote:

Thats the challenge :) wrote 2 in each essay. Given the use of plurals, dont write just one.

I am only writing about one moment, but two experiences. I specifically asked a member of the Adcom this question and was told I could write about one or more, it is up to you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.56
WE:Corporate Finance (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
I am in Palo Alto and have not gotten an interview invitation yet. I think they say up to six weeks so no need to stress about it quite yet.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
str1der wrote:
mtk232 wrote:

Same here - I wrote 2 each in essay 1 and 2.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 642
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE:Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
theK wrote:
str1der wrote:
mtk232 wrote:

Same here - I wrote 2 each in essay 1 and 2.

Two here as well.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GPA: 2.99
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Has anyone interviewed on campus yet this year? I'm going on Monday and am curious whether it will be with a member of the adcom or a 2nd year student, the email confirmation says "member of admissions, either staff or student".
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

I have a request for the mods: Can we get the Kellogg 1Y MBA stats in this thread with the 2Y? I saw we had them in the 2012 thread, and am interested to see them.

Thank you
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GPA: 3.22
Send PM
Just had an interview with the Alumnus today. It went great for the most part.

I got some feedback in the end, mostly positive. Interviewer said that I have a very good profile and is very impressive work experience and accomplishments. He said that if I don't get in it will only be because of lack of extra curricular activities. I don't have substantial amount of extra curricular activities other than mentoring students, small fundraiser and teaching. Although it is only his opinion, he still has some say in the decision making process I'd say.

Would like to know if someone has had similar experience?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GPA: 2.99
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
cheetarah1980 wrote:
Dakells wrote:
Has anyone interviewed on campus yet this year? I'm going on Monday and am curious whether it will be with a member of the adcom or a 2nd year student, the email confirmation says "member of admissions, either staff or student".

You won't know til you get there. Last year I interviewed on campus with a 1st year student. Good luck with your interview!

Thanks cheetarah! Guess that means I'll be preparing two sets of questions for the end!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Does anyone has suggestion on how many words can I exceed from the 500 word limit ? One of my essays is 525 words and I am
reluctant to cut it down. Can I exceed the limit by 5%?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Send PM
sasankadc wrote:
Hi,

My recommender has submitted the recommendation, but he did not notice the 250 words limit per question. He has around 1900 words (total), according to him, in his recommendation.
I am sure he might have written a very strong recommendation, but worried if the extra words would effect my chances.
Any thoughts?

Thanks.

The recommendation is the recommender's prerogative and not yours. Even if you wrote the recommendation yourself (not saying you did, I'm just giving the extreme case example), the adcom sees it as something submitted solely by the recommender. Hence, if that person exceeds the word limits, it reflects poorly on them not you. Further, given this is something you cannot control (as you are not supposed to see your recommendation and hence wouldn't know if the word count has been exceeded), why would it affect your chances anyways?

Don't worry - and all the best!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V50
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
cvsmech wrote:

I got some feedback in the end, mostly positive. Interviewer said that I have a very good profile and is very impressive work experience and accomplishments. He said that if I don't get in it will only be because of lack of extra curricular activities. I don't have substantial amount of extra curricular activities other than mentoring students, small fundraiser and teaching. Although it is only his opinion, he still has some say in the decision making process I'd say.

How much information do the interviewers have? Do they essentially have access to all of part 1 of the application? Or is the interview blind, and your interviewer learned everything through the interview itself?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rjdunn03 wrote:
cvsmech wrote:

How much information do the interviewers have? Do they essentially have access to all of part 1 of the application? Or is the interview blind, and your interviewer learned everything through the interview itself?

Blind interview, they only have your resume that you need to send to them (nothing else from Part 1). In my interview, the interviewer had not reviewed the resume prior to our meeting, not sure if this is by design or if they were just too busy.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.1
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
rjdunn03 wrote:
cvsmech wrote:

The interview is always blind ... the interviewers just have access to your CV
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
Send PM
str1der wrote:
sasankadc wrote:
Hi,

My recommender has submitted the recommendation, but he did not notice the 250 words limit per question. He has around 1900 words (total), according to him, in his recommendation.
I am sure he might have written a very strong recommendation, but worried if the extra words would effect my chances.
Any thoughts?

Thanks.

The recommendation is the recommender's prerogative and not yours. Even if you wrote the recommendation yourself (not saying you did, I'm just giving the extreme case example), the adcom sees it as something submitted solely by the recommender. Hence, if that person exceeds the word limits, it reflects poorly on them not you. Further, given this is something you cannot control (as you are not supposed to see your recommendation and hence wouldn't know if the word count has been exceeded), why would it affect your chances anyways?

Don't worry - and all the best!

Thanks.. that cooled my nerves a bit... :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  76   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts