GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video
GMAT Club
It is currently 08 Aug 2022, 00:02

FINAL DECISION
SORT BY
Most helpful
SORT BY Interview date
Recent interviewed
SORT BY Post date
Recent posted
Debrief posted on  Feb 22 2022 [#permalink] Kenan-Flagler, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Feb 22 2022 Final Decision: Admitted

"Interviewed with a third-party interviewer. The interview lasted for 30 mins. It was not too conversational. She had read my resume and had it open during the interview. I'm not sure if she read my application. Questions were : 1) Tell me about yourself 2) Why MBA 3) Why UNCKF 4) How would you contribute to UNCKF 5) Time when you led a team + what is your leadership style 6) Time when you received constructive feedback + how has it helped you to grow in your current role 7) What are the skills you would like to enhance 8) Anything else you would like to share 9) Any questions for me Hope this helps ! All the best"

This user wants to stay Private from India GMAT 730; WE: 30 months; Computer Software
0 out of 0 people found this Debrief helpful.

Was this Debrief helpful for you?

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 21 2022 [#permalink] Kenan-Flagler, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Feb 21 2022 Final Decision: Admitted

"You won't know who the interviewer is in prior. The interview was with an Ad-com and lasted 30mins. Questions - Tell me more about yourself Why MBA Why Kenan-Flagler 3 leadership qualities An area of improvement What is a common misconception about you? Looking back at your MBA experience, what would you consider as success? Anything you want to add? Any questions?"

This user wants to stay Private from India

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 10 2022 [#permalink] Kenan-Flagler, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Feb 10 2022 Final Decision: Admitted

"Interviewed with AdCom. It was very conversational and lasted for about 30 minutes. She had read my resume and essays before and had specific questions that she wanted to add. 1. How did I select my undergraduate university and degrees? 2. Volunteering activities I was part of during undergrad. 3. Tell more about study abroad experience 4. How did I transit from undergrad to my current employer? 5. What do I do in my current position and what does my day to day look like? 6. A bit more about extra curricular that I do at work. 7. Short-term/long-term goals 8. Why MBA? 9. Why Kenan-Flagler? 10. Questions for adcom."

darkrise0987 from Brazil WE: 53 months; Manufacturing

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 12 2022 [#permalink] Kenan-Flagler, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Feb 08 2022

"Had my Interview with a member of the Student recruitment team and it lasted for 20 minutes. 1. Introduce yourself (2-3 min) 2. Why MBA now? 3. 4 things in an ideal leader 4. How do you motivate people? 5. Ethical Dilemma 6. Situation when someone upset you 7. Something about you which people think but isn't true 8. Where do you want to work post MBA?"

This user wants to stay Private from India

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 04 2022 [#permalink] Kenan-Flagler, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Jan 25 2022

"I was waitlisted in R1 and had a follow up interview on 25-Jan. The interview was conducted by Maria, who is part of the admissions team. The interview started with pleasantries, followed by Maria giving a introduction of herself. Total Interview Time- 30 mins Questions[in no particular order; paraphrasing]: 1. Walk me through your resume 2. What are your ST and LT goals? 3. Why MBA? 4. Tell me about a time you failed 5. Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with your supervisor 6. If you had to pick two superpowers, what would they be? 7. According to you, what qualities should an ideal leader posses? 8. Describe yourself in 3 words 9. How would you contribute to the Kenan Flagler community? Last 5 mins were spent in me asking her questions. Hope this helps. All the best!"

Samridh6 from India

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 27 2021 [#permalink] Kenan-Flagler, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Nov 24 2021 Final Decision: Denied with Interview

"Debrief 1. Why do you want to join business school? 2. Why now? 3. Why UNC chapel hill ? 4. What is the industry you want to join right after mba ? 5. How are teamwork and leadership skills highlighted in your proudest achievement ? 6. What soft skills would you want to enhance? 7. Tell me three things about you that your coworkers would say? 8. We also have community in the core value and how will you share your experiences on community? 9. Share anything that you think we might have missed ? 10. Any questions that you would like to ask me, the floor is yours."

This user wants to stay Private from United States WE: 36 months; Other

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Dec 13 2021 [#permalink] Kenan-Flagler, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Nov 19 2021 Final Decision: Admitted

"Pretty neat conversational Interview. Focussed on whether I was clear on the MBA/ Few tips that helped 1)Stay real and be yourself, I was literally conversationally at my best and told her that I was in the hills travelling. And we spoke about travels and sports for 10 / 30 mins 2)Be clear and specific on why mba and why kenan. I was clearly aiming for the school and the passion I addressed via networking, talking to profs, students and just being closer to the actual community. I literally opened all my cards pre during and post the interview slowly but steadily and built a conversational approach towards the app - much more personalised. 3)Have clarity on how you can contribute and give back to Kenan and why you should get there ahead of everybody else. It is energy and zeal once again and do focus on demonstrating that well. 4)Stay humble and have a leadership principle. focus on what works for you, in my case 8 odd years of work ex gave me some pov on what works as a leader personally and what i want to learn at kenan. Got my decision via call / phone today. Best thing that happened to me in years. The last best something similar was when I raised funding for my startup. Keep dreaming! You will make it. PS - I did not use a consultant and I think it helped me understand myself during the process better."

This user wants to stay Private from India WE: 84 months; Computer Software

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 10 2021 [#permalink] Kenan-Flagler, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Nov 10 2021 Final Decision: Interviewed

"The interview was with an AdCom member. It started couple minutes late (the interviewer mentioned that the previous interviewee was asking too many questions hence the delay). The interviewer clearly read my profile, and knew my background before the interview. The following questions were asked: 1) Describe your pre-MBA experience? Why MBA? What are your ST and LT Goals? (I was asked all three questions at once) 2) Can you give me three things you want the admission committee to remember about you? 3) What do you think sets you apart from other candidates? I gave an answer, and then she asked this again: What do you think sets you apart wrt soft skills? 4) Work instances for 1) Proudest initiative/ experience 2) Conflict (difference in opinion) 3) Feedback received 5) Tell me about a time when you did something (professionally) that changed the way you perceived things? 6) Do you have anything else you have prepared that you want to share with me? 7) Any questions for me? (I asked one question, but then the interviewer asked (and stressed) if I had any other question - I'm thinking she wanted me to have at least 2-3 questions ready to ask about that school. IDK.) On a whole the interview went for ~25 minutes. Wasn't my best interview, but I still gave satisfactory answers IMO. Fingers crossed! Good luck everyone! I hope this debrief helps you well! ~TheGuyDangerous"

TheGuyDangerous from India GMAT 720; WE: 50 months; Non-Profit and Government

yes
no
Online Interviewed on: Nov 10 2021 Final Decision: Waitlisted with Interview

"Hi, I interviewed with Third-party Admission/may be - Named "Maria" Duration - 30 Min. She started with her own introduction about her profile and how long she has been with UNC ---etc. Below are the questions that were asked to me (no particular order)- 1)Introduce yourself briefly -3 min(under) 2)CV related one question 3)Give me an example where you were challenged in professional or personal? 4) 2 superpowers that you wish you had? 5) why MBA and why now? 6) short term goal? 7) long term goal? 8) Constructive feedback that I received nd how it has helped me to evolve now in my current role ? 9)3 words to describe me? 10) Odd ball question - instead of asking how my team members view me, she asked me what is that they think about me which is not true? gave me 30 sec to think and answer 11)what kind of team members do you like? give ex about their characteristics? So a whole bunch of questions within the span of 30 min... I feel I answered them nicely, tried to make it into a conversation rather than a pitch. One tip - those who may have TPI(third party) interviewered- try and make it as a conversation, they are very straightforward and are there to just throw questions,,, so make it engaging. Overall a nice exp and now just hope that I do make it :) Jai Shree Ram :) BR sk"

shaunak075 GMAT 770; WE: 50 months; Energy and Utilities

yes
no
Online Interviewed on: Nov 10 2021 Final Decision: Admitted

"I had my interview with Elaine from Ad com. She read through my application. Questions were largely in line with those posted in earlier debriefs. 1) What are your ST and LT goals 2) What skills gap do you see and why MBA 3) What values matter to you the most 4) Describe an recent stressful situation at work and how you handled it 5) What is your ideal team set up 6) 3 things you want the admissions team to know about you 7) Proudest achievement She then asked me if I had any questions for her. She was quite interactive. Overall it went on smoothly. There was a technical glitch from her end for a couple of minutes in the start, but otherwise it went smoothly."

SamAudi24 from India

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 09 2021 [#permalink] Kenan-Flagler, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Nov 09 2021 Final Decision: Interviewed

"I had my interview with Third party member(Maria), it was quick and for 25 mins(Question not in order) Tell me about yourself? What kind of leader do you think a leader should train? what constructive criticism you have received ?How did you react? What is 1 super power you want? what is your current superpower? What kind of team mates you would want in your team? 3 words to describe yourself? Felt it was little fast paced but she did mention it at start that it would be around 20 to 25 mins Hope this helps. All the best to others for their interview!"

This user wants to stay Private from India GMAT 770; Other

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 08 2021 [#permalink] Kenan-Flagler, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Nov 08 2021 Final Decision: Admitted

"My interview was with an Adcom member. It was a fun and short interview. She had my resume and set the context of the interview. 1. Why are you doing an MBA now? 2. Short term and long term goals 3. An accomplishment you're most proud of 4. What are the values most important to you? 5. tell me about a time when you disagreed with someone. how did you feel and react? Any questions for me."

surbhi242 from India GMAT 710; WE: 68 months; Computer Software

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 06 2021 [#permalink] Kenan-Flagler, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Nov 06 2021 Final Decision: Admitted

"My interview was for 30 mins with a third-party interviewer. 1)Tell me about yourself and why you are here today? 2) Why MBA? 3)Short term and Long term goals 4)Biggest accomplishments of all the projects you have worked on. 5)Where are you in your leadership journey right now? 6)What is your idea of leadership? What kind of leader are you? And want to become. 7)What skills are you missing and what skills do you want to develop as a leader. (soft and hard skills) 8)What would your team say about you- What you should do more and what less? 9)What skills did you bring from your last company to your current company 10)What do you want to do in the long term and why specifically this. 11)How do you like to receive feedback? Give an example of a time when you gave feedback to a team member 12) Do you want to share anything else which you prepared for and couldn't share during this interview? 13) Any questions for me."

rgup99 from India WE: 88 months; Computer Software

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 03 2021 [#permalink] Kenan-Flagler, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Nov 03 2021 Final Decision: Admitted

"The interview is with a Third-party person. The experience was very standard, more of a question-and-answer scenario. 1)Talk about your profile for 2-3 minutes.2 2) Why MBA? 3)Short term and Long term goals 4)Ideal leadership style and Ideal team 5)What will you do in case of disagreement, specific example not a generic solution. 6)What is the one superpower you wish for? and what is your current superpower? 7)Describe yourself using 3 words 8)What is one thing your teammates doesn't know about you 9)Greatest achievement 10)How will you contribute to your class at KF 11)Any questions for me About 30 min, some technical issues created delay at start."

jayaprakash2253 from India GMAT 750; Other

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Apr 22 2021 [#permalink] Kenan-Flagler, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Mar 20 2021 Final Decision: Admitted

"The interview experience was delightful! It was with a representative of UNC K-F (not an Adcom, Alumni, or current student). The call started with a quick intro about herself and the school. Questions asked: (Not in the same order) 1. Background: Personal and Professional 2. How was your experience working in diverse cultures, and how will you apply that in KF? 3. Why MBA? Why KF? 4. What values are important to you and why? 5. If I spoke to your team, how would they describe you? 6. Post-MBA goals? Immediate goal? 7. What is your secondary goal? 8. What will you bring to KF? 9. An instance where you managed a difference of opinion in your team 10. Do you have any questions for me? (asked 2 important questions, which were impressive according to the interviewer) Most important thing: RESEACRH RESEARCH RESEARCH! I loved the school and was prepared for it, research about the school as much as you can and be prepared! Total interview duration: ~30mins"

This user wants to stay Private from India WE: 5 months; Consulting

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 16 2021 [#permalink] Kenan-Flagler, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 11 2021 Final Decision: Matriculating

"Had a wonderful interview experience with a representative of UNC K-F (not Adcom, Alumni, or current student). Questions asked(paraphrased): a) Please go over the resume and background, you may take up to 3-4mins to cover all the points. b) How was your experience working in diverse cultures (had multiple international assignments), which one do you like and why? c) Do you like listening to podcasts? (This one was a bit strange as I had not mentioned podcasts anywhere in my application) d) If you were admitted to 2 schools, how would you pick one over the other? (I ended up telling why UNC at this stage which carried over to the next question) e) Why K-F? What values are important to you and why? f) If you had one superpower, what would it be? (Another strange question which caught me off-guard) g) Post-MBA goals? Immediate and long-term? What is your Plan-B? The interview took only around 15-16 minutes. I asked 2 questions which took another 2-3minutes. Total interview time was only ~20mins max."

ashwink from United Kingdom WE: 94 months; Telecommunications

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 09 2021 [#permalink] Kenan-Flagler, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Adcom Interviewed on: Jan 25 2021 Final Decision: Admitted

"- Tell me about yourself + what brings you here - What's your most important prof accomplishment? Follow-up: What traits do you think helped you achieve that? - What do you think your team thinks about you but is not true? Follow-up: Why do you think they think so? - What do you think your team thinks you should do more or less of? - Why MBA? Why UNC? Goals? - Any questions for me."

This user wants to stay Private from India GMAT 740; WE: 55 months; Investment Banking

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 04 2020 [#permalink] Kenan-Flagler, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 04 2020 Final Decision: Interviewed

"I have interviewed by Sarah Perez Executive Director, MBA Program It was a very straight forward interview and she was noting down everything, she was very interactive and participative. The overall interview was good. 1. Tell me about yourself on a personal and professional front. 2 Why MBA and what you do you expect from it. 3.why UNC KF and what will you bring to it. 4.which Leadership style you choose and how have you learn over the period and implemented. 5.ST/LT 6.Diverse team experience and leading them. 7.Covid situation 8. How have you grown over a year as a consultant. 9. What you want me to bring it to ad-com about you. 10. Anything you would like to ask or know about program some follow up questions...."

Asma Alisha from India GMAT 730; Consulting

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Oct 28 2020 [#permalink] Kenan-Flagler, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Oct 27 2020 Final Decision: Admitted

"Interviewed with Monica Song from Ad Com. It was the most conversational and unconventional interview among all the interviews I have given. She started by explaining that KF used to conduct blind interviews but they have discontinued to do so. She has read all of my application and essay and should not bother to repeat the information already shared in essays. Q1. Why did you consider MBA? Q2. What are your plans immediately after MBA? Q3. Why did you chose Kenan-Flagler? At this point she started speaking very casually of what she understood of my responses and then she started talking about my essays and said she wanted to talk about my essay no 2 and 3 specifically. Q4. How did COVID affect your country and how do you think your govt reponded to it? general chit chat about covid after this and some conversations about my essay#2. Q5. Asked to know more about a personal story that I had mentioned in Essay#3... this also led to a conversation. At this pt, she thanked me for sharing my personal story and talked about how she sees so many good applications from Indian candidates and how they try match the right fit bw the college and the candidate. Q6. If your colleagues were to describe you in 3 words, what would they be? Q7. Do you take suggestions from your employees? After this she pointed out very empathically what were the strong points of my application and what were the few weak points. And again the thing about many Indian applicants and tough competition among Indians with similar profile. Q8. Do you have any questions for me? The interview went on for 40 min. I was so comfortable talking to the interviewer I dinn realize where all the time go."

Abhimanyu14 from India GMAT 730;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jun 04 2020 [#permalink] Kenan-Flagler, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Jun 04 2020 Final Decision: Interviewed

"Interview with someone from the AdComm. Skype and lasted 30 minutes: 1. Tell me about yourself / walk me through resume 2. Why do you want to get your MBA 3. What value would you bring to the program (picked 1 of KF's 5 values) 4. How would you motivate a team 5. Explain a leadership role 6. Explain where you went beyond what was asked of you Very casual and pleasant interview."

icecoldmilk4 Commercial Banking

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 18 2020 [#permalink] Kenan-Flagler, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Mar 18 2020 Final Decision: Denied with Interview

"traditional interview with a gentle woman but my oral English is so trush!!! 1.introduce your self 2.WHY mba 3.WHY kF 4.a skill you lack 5. skills you learnt 6.most success achievenement 7.contribute to the community 8. any question for me ? interview for waitlist members,last for 23 minutes"

datouerzi from China GMAT 710; WE: 44 months; Journalism and Publishing

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 05 2020 [#permalink] Kenan-Flagler, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 06 2020 Final Decision: Admitted from WL

"I had a skype interview with MBA2. It was a blind interview and lasted for about 30mins. I was asked following questions: 1. How do you measure the success of your work? 2. why MBA and why now? 3. Why Kenan-Flagler? 4. short term goal? 5. What courses and clubs are you interested in? 6. Tell me more about this experience you have mentioned in your resume. 7. Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person. 8. what 3 things your subordinates would say to describe you? 9. Tell me about a time you had to learn something completely new."

jainish1p from India GMAT 730;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jan 28 2020 [#permalink] Kenan-Flagler, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Jan 29 2020 Final Decision: Denied with Interview

"The interview felt like a very typical MBA interview. It was a Skype interview with someone from the Adcom. It lasted 30 mins and had the following questions (not in order) - 1) Tell me about your current role 2) Why MBA and why now 3) What is it about K-F that connected with you and made you want to apply 4) How would your manager describe your strengths and weaknesses 5) What is one accomplishment at work that you are proud of 6) How would you describe your leadership style 7) What makes you an effective team mate 8) What clubs are you looking to be part of and how will you contribute 9) what are you most excited about for your MBA and what is something that you are apprehensive about 10) Any questions for me Overall it was a good experience, hoping to hear back something positive!"

contagiousme from India GMAT 730; WE: 60 months; Investment Banking

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 14 2019 [#permalink] Kenan-Flagler, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 13 2019 Final Decision: Admitted

"Was interviewed a second year student from KFBS. The vibe was very friendly. The interview was very conversational. It was made clear at the beginning that this wasn't supposed to be an interrogation. Interviewer had not read any other parts of my application and only had my resume for reference. Background : I worked for a marketing based startup for 2 years and then went on to start my own agency. Questions (Warning : paraphrasing):- 1. Tell me about your first job. 2. Follow-up question about the types of clients I worked with. 3. What did you gain from working at a start-up space? 4. How would your supervisor describe you? 5. Why MBA? 6. Why KFBS? 7. Short-term and Long-term goals. 8. Questions for the interviewer. There were a few minor follow-up questions based on my answers. Spent around 20 mins answering the questions posed by the interviewer, and then 10 mins discussing about my questions to the interviewer. Over-all, a great experience. The collaborative vibe radiates incessantly whenever you talk to any KF student / alum. Had a similar experience."

SageJiraiya from India GMAT 750;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 12 2019 [#permalink] Kenan-Flagler, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Adcom Interviewed on: Feb 20 2019 Final Decision: Admitted

"I got interviewed by Monica Song. Kenan-Flagler doesn't share the interviewer details apriori. Our conversation started on time and lasted for about 45 minutes. It hovered around my experiences and went pretty much in depth. 1. We didn't start with TMAY. Instead, with "What is your post MBA goal"? 2. Why MBA? 3. Why Kenan? 4. Team leading experience? 5. Difficult leadership experience? 6. Some aspect you consider as a perspective-definer/life-changer. Something close to you - personal/professional? I cited my public policy experience. More follow-ups to go in-depth here. There were a couple of follow-up questions regarding what I would explain. It went like a decent conversation. We also discussed my questions towards the end in a decent depth. It was a good experience. Waiting to hear back now!"

Reveur from India GMAT 720; WE: 50 months; Telecommunications

yes
no