GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 07 Jul 2020, 20:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Kenan-Flagler vs. Kelley (40% tution coverage w/ GA)

new topic post reply Update application status  

UNC-KF or IU Kelley?

• 62% [5]
  • 37% [3]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.73
WE: Business Development (Computer Software)
Kenan-Flagler vs. Kelley (40% tution coverage w/ GA)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2015, 14:02
Hi, looking to make this decision VERY soon. I've already paid the tuition deposits for UNC-KF (between 1-2k), when suddenly Kelley came out of the blue and offered me a Graduate Assistantship of about 40% of my tuition. Looking into strategy/consulting going forward. I have no preference in terms of geographical placement post-graduation, but I do have some family in North Carolina as opposed to nobody near Indiana. My debt upon graduation would be in the realm of 100k for UNC-KF, and 60k for Kelley. Any advice would be great, especially on the job placement/prestige/consulting career opportunities front.
RSM Erasmus Moderator
V
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Kenan-Flagler vs. Kelley (40% tution coverage w/ GA)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2015, 15:17
panzzzzz wrote:
Hi, looking to make this decision VERY soon. I've already paid the tuition deposits for UNC-KF (between 1-2k), when suddenly Kelley came out of the blue and offered me a Graduate Assistantship of about 40% of my tuition. Looking into strategy/consulting going forward. I have no preference in terms of geographical placement post-graduation, but I do have some family in North Carolina as opposed to nobody near Indiana. My debt upon graduation would be in the realm of 100k for UNC-KF, and 60k for Kelley. Any advice would be great, especially on the job placement/prestige/consulting career opportunities front.

Congrats for admission. Both schools are amazing.

UNC has more access to prestigious consulting firms MBB. For example: BCG has rep office in campus. While Kelley grads go mostly to second tier such as Deloitte and Accenture.

This link will help you :http://poetsandquants.com/2014/01/17/where-top-mbas-work-in-consulting/2/

Good luck
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.73
WE: Business Development (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2015, 20:33
Mo2men wrote:
panzzzzz wrote:

Congrats for admission. Both schools are amazing.

UNC has more access to prestigious consulting firms MBB. For example: BCG has rep office in campus. While Kelley grads go mostly to second tier such as Deloitte and Accenture.

This link will help you :http://poetsandquants.com/2014/01/17/where-top-mbas-work-in-consulting/2/

Good luck

Good insight, thanks!
RSM Erasmus Moderator
V
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2015, 03:37
Both schools have same class size and good culture. You can check the level of courses you wish to study and serve you career goals.

Both schools had great sources to describe the contents. For UNC:
https://public.kenan-flagler.unc.edu/Ap ... %2F%202015

You can go to Kelley academics and check courses under each concentrations.

good luck
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: LBS '17 (M$)

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2015, 04:18
Both schools are on Bains target list so possible so both will give you a shot at tier 1 consulting.

I would say $40k is not a huge difference in costs if you prefer UNC then it would be worth ignoring that factor.
RSM Erasmus Moderator
V
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2015, 04:37
I was in direct contact with co director in the consulting academy in Kelley sent me (replaying to clear question about big companies) exactly that Deloitte EY and Price Waterhouse are the biggest recruiters for consulting. However Bain and McKinsey do recruit but on a more limited basis. We really do not have a whole lot of interaction with BCG.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Kenan-Flagler vs. Kelley (40% tution coverage w/ GA)   [#permalink] 15 May 2015, 04:37

Kenan-Flagler vs. Kelley (40% tution coverage w/ GA)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: FinanceMan, Regenerate