Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 13:33 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: International Business, Strategy
GPA: 3.76
WE:Business Development (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Knewton's Complete Prep vs Premium Live [#permalink]
Expert Reply
javierpineda wrote:
I'm considering buying knewton's GMAT prep course, and I need help deciding between the Premium Live version and the Complete Prep.

At the moment, the complete prep is 400$ and the Premium live 900$.

Is it worth to pay 500$ extra for the premium live version?

Thanks,

I think it depends.
I believe the premium live is similar/almost the same material and the main difference is the live component (you get a teacher rather than a video). I think it may be safe to start with the on demand one (I also hear that you can upgrade from on-demand to the live one) - I will ask the knewton team to weigh in.
Knewton GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
Hi Javier,

That's a great question. I can outline the primary differences for you and offer some guidelines to gauge which course will better suit your needs. The Complete Prep and Premium Live courses offer the same core curriculum, with 13 recorded video sessions, 6 CATs, 3,800 practice questions, and the 50 point money-back guarantee if your previous official GMAT or diagnostic CAT score doesn't improve by 50 points. The Premium Live course additionally offers:

- Unlimited access to 24 hours of live, interactive teacher workshops every week for the duration of your course. These workshops cover core topics in more depth, and allow students to get extra help if they're struggling with a particular subject. Take a look at an example schedule here: https://www.knewton.com/assets-v2/schedu ... urrent.pdf. Every month, our teachers develop a new schedule based on student feedback, so we ensure everyone is getting the help they need.

- 1 year of course access (versus 4 months of access with Complete Prep)

The Complete Prep will cover everything you need to know, but if you feel like you would benefit from more in-depth concept review and teacher interaction, the Premium Live is worth the price. On the other hand, if you don't have time in your schedule to fit in live sessions, Complete Prep would be the more appropriate choice.

It all depends on your own availability and learning style. If personal interaction is key for you, go for Premium Live. If you feel comfortable without the live element, Complete Prep still covers all of the same concepts and strategies.

Hope this helps, don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions!

All the best,

Jessie
Knewton GMAT Team
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 280 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.6
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi Jessie,

I am currently enrolled in Knewton's GMAT On Demand course and am intersted in joining Premium live prep course.

I know that Knewton has money back gaurantee but for me time is of essence. I attended the MGMAT's live course and was very impressed.

Is it possible to try Knewton's live course for few days before making the final call? I would really appreciate that.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
gpejavar wrote:
I have been trying to register for Knewton's Complete Prep course since yesterday. However I was using the coupon codes being advertised on GMAT club but none of them work.

Can someone provide some insight?

The complete prep course is advertised at $350 on gmat club but when you try to register the website errors stating the coupon code has expired.

Thanks,

Let me get back with you on this one.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Edit: There is an error on Knewtons website right now. I have emailed them about it.

HERE IS THE CORRECT URL.

https://my.knewton.com/gmat_on_demand/b ... at-club-od
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Also, the original link/code have been fixed.

Thank you for alerting!
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
I think what my understanding is, you may not be able to attend all of the classes online anyway due to scheduling or you may opt out to watch recordings anyway (as a premium live class student, you would get access to those).

i also know that you can upgrade from the on Demand to the Live course if you want (for a fee that is :)
Knewton GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
Hi Vatsas,

You can download our Premium Live class schedule here https://www.knewton.com/assets-v2/schedu ... urrent.pdf to get a sense of what kinds of additional course material is available with the upgrade. Unfortunately, we don't offer trials of the Premium Live, but the classes are formatted the same way as On Demand videos; you just have the option of asking live questions to instructors. The material is a deeper dive into concepts and strategies students have expressed wanting more clarification for, and we update the schedule every month to reflect what students are struggling with as they progress through the course. We offer 24 hours of instructional hours every week, and you're free to attend any of the classes.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any more questions!

Jessie
GMAT Club Bot