Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:04 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, Economics
GMAT Date: 12-01-2012
GPA: 2.9
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Anderson '15
GMAT Date: 12-17-2012
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink]
Today, I consider myself part of the GMAT club. I took a couple of practice tests with varying results. I got a 580 and 590. Did better on the math first time, and then better on the verbal the second time around. I really struggled with the new part: Integrated Reasoning.

I have made a plan:
1. I will study in 45min to 1 hr blocks of time, twice on MWF, once-TTh, 3 times SatSun.

2. I will study in places with little distractions like the library and bring my MGMAT book with me to work to study on breaks.

3. I will focus mostly on the math for the first month, but study verbal to change it up. going into second month I will focus more on the verbal. later into the 2nd month I will focus Integrated reasoning as is suppose to incorporate both areas.

4. Lastly, I will find study buddies and try my best to strike a balance between individual studying to stay focused and group-studying to stay motivated and to keep things interesting.

Please feel free to leave any comments, questions, or suggestions
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,
I am kanthi and a dentist who aspired to do MBA from a long time. I learned about blog this through friends and is quite interesting to know about everyone's interests and determination towards achieving their goals. I feel very encouraged and motivated to give my best in my test. I really want to ace in my test as well as know more about MBA as I am from different background. Knowing my background am weak in math having no clue howtones repairs and need guidance for math as am taking my test soon. If anybody could give some suggestions regarding how to approach math would be helpful. Also am interested to know what everyone is looking forward in a MBA program. I am excited to join the club which is enriching along with fun. Nice meeting you all.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Economics
Schools: IESE '18 (S)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.33
WE:Project Management (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi

My name is Vishwa. I am a chemical engineer and have more than 3 years of work experience. Like all of you, I'm preparing for GMAT. This site is nicely laid out and there are a lot of useful resources. Although I don't have a fixed time limit for preparation, I intend to give the GMAT by the end of November-2012. I have been checking out this site for a couple of weeks now and sometimes I get overwhelmed about the amount of information available here. I'd be glad if someone can suggest how to use this site optimally.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,
I am Veera,working in IT in India for the past 6 years.I got GMATClub thru Google. I want to make a career shift, aiming for 750+. My plan is to appear for GMAT in 2013.

GMATclub is quite resourceful. Need all your guidance.

Thanks... :-D :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Greetings,

I am stacey brown. Currently residing in New York but I originally came from Arizona. I live in my uncle's house and looking for a work that would field in my interest like in interior designing. I live life to the fullest. I am a self-confessed agoraphobic and hate a person who hides himself.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: FMS, Delhi - Class of 2007
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 4
Send PM
Kudos
Hello all! Not new to the forums, but new to posting here.
I am currently working in a boutique Investment Banking firm in India -- have 5 years of IB experience so far. I have done my MBA from one of the top schools in the country. I have also completed my CFA program.

Doing a second MBA abroad has been on my mind for a long time now. My plan is to actually apply only to INSEAD in the process.

I have just started my GMAT prep -- not decided on a date yet. Since INSEAD deadlines are only in April, I figured I have a lot of time to take the exam.

Anyway, wanted to say hi to everyone and start becoming a regular member in the community.

Cheers
:)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi every one,

I have my BE in Electronics and communication with work experience of 1.5 years in IT. I have just started to view GMAT and very new to it. I want to study MBA in National University of Singapore.I have my maths skills ok and verbal is weak. AW and IR is new to me .Just wanna say hi to all and get shared the knowledge with everybody.Got to know the gmat club through the google site and hope it will guide me to reach the goal.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
Hello all,

It's been a couple of days since we joined gmatclub and we are really excited to contribute to this forum. Not only will we answer queries regarding our products and specific questions from our books, but we also look forward to answering your other questions related to preparation, strategy, retake etc. We'd also be releasing a few new books and free resources in the coming months and may have some exclusive discounts coming up for gmatclub members only. Stay tuned and do follow us for the updates.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Hi guy, I'm from Viet Nam and study Gmat for nearly 1 month.It's helpful to be member here so many advice and useful tips. Thank admin and other experts that build up this forum. Hope you guuy get your desire score in Gmat. Strive for success later. Dear.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello to all,

Joined the forum today but was looking at the posts for a while now. Thank you all for great information and content.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Human Resources
GMAT Date: 02-02-2013
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
Kudos
Hi all,

My name is Loryn and i've been lurking the site for a few weeks now after a disappointing first attempt (450). I know I can do better than this...I have horrible testing anxiety which played a large factor in my score and I ran out of time in 2 sections as well. I also grew up with a comprehension problem that I have fought with for my whole life. I've decided that studying alone is just too overwhelming for me and I now have tutor who scored a 710 and she also has gone through the same type of testing anxiety I have, which is really helpful because she always has great techniques and tricks she teachs me to help deal with the anxiety i get from the GMAT. My biggest problem is that I see a question, see all the words and freak out...My tutor is working with me now to help me see the problem in it's simplest terms and recognize exactly what I need to do.

I'm trying to get into a part-time program at Northwestern. I'm currenlty just aiming to hit 650, as the average of this years class was a 695 (but maybe I should aim a little higher?? Suggestions??). The GPA average from the current years class is a 3.4 and I currenlty hold an overall GPA of 3.55, my last two years of college, I decided I wanted to go further with my education and got a little more serious, in those last two years I was able to achieve a 3.75 GPA. I also work in the Public Safety Industry, because I really enjoy working with the general public and being able to help others. I find it very rewarding. I am hoping that all of these things will help get me into Northwestern's part time program.

I spend a lot of time studying, 2 hours a night every M-T, and an average of 4 hours each day/night on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I meet with my tutor twice a week for 2 hours each session as well. Hoping that this help me hit that 650 or higher on my next attempt which is shy of just 2 months away!

HERE I GO!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [2]
Given Kudos: 48
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
Hello One and All,

Myself, Mudit. Electronics Engineer graduate, Indian IT applicant with a passion to change this notion. :twisted:
Hope to crack the test and take on the world!!

With just 6-7 weeks left for the final frontier, time to pull up.

Continue Clubbing and wish you all the very best in your endeavors!
:gl
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [2]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Kudos
Hey All,

Arnima here, looking to gain/share some insights on the entire process of B-school admission process!
Good luck to all!

Thanks,
AV
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Given Kudos: 105
Schools: Tuck '16 (M$)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Hi all

Just started looking at the possibility of an MBA and found this enormously helpful resource!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Send PM
Hi everyone,

I stumbled across this website some time ago while researching the GMAT. I have been absorbing all the material here for a while now and finally decided to join. I am an undergraduate and heard that the best time to take the GMAT is while I am still in school and study mode.
Just like nearly everyone else on this site, I am aiming for a 700+ score.

Best
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi Everyone,

My name is Vinay. I am C.A. , C.S. , CWA and working with an Indian Navratna PSU.
I come to know about GMAT club through Google and now GMAT club and FB are the two pages that i visit thousands of time in a day.

The questions posted by members & detailed discussion is a great help for me to achieve my target of Wharton.

Regards
Vinay
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Concentration: International Business, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.84
Send PM
Hey guys,

Non-native English speaker here
BA, double-major 2010 - Intl. Business and Management & French @ a liberal arts college, 3.84 GPA overall, Phi Beta Kappa
Career-wise, mixture of Intl. Relations and Sales & Research

Aiming for anything 700+ on the GMAT - Scheduled to take it mid Jan 2013, aiming for application Fall 2013 for admission in 2014

Thanks for this great online resource and tool! Wish me luck!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  48   49   50   51   52   53   54  ...  66