Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:20 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51450 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Organizational Behavior
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT Date: 05-15-2013
Send PM
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink]
Hi all!

I am Stefani, from Toronto..well Mississauga just outside of Toronto - Canada.

I am studying for my GMAT test, going to take it May 2013. Kind of nervous. Have 3 books, and looking to enroll for the March 7 course with Quantum Test Prep.

What is a B-school??? lol...

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT Date: 06-22-2013
WE:Engineering (Consulting)
Send PM
Hello Everyone!

Alex here from Michigan. Have been working for two years in the construction industry post engineering studies. Looking to get into finance, maybe supply chain. Started studying with the MGMAT series a few weeks ago and hopefully the rest is history. Planned test date in May!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
So happy to find this community. Planning to apply this fall to bschool. Looking for at least a 700 score. Gonna start the studying tonight and begin to map everything out. Want to apply to Harvard, Wharton, Booth, Kellogg, Stanford, and Haas most likely. Ready to do this and ready for this challenge. Let's go!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hello all,

Erik here from the United States. I am 25 years old and have been working for 4 years. I was a banker turned commercial credit analyst with Wells Fargo for 3 years and am currently 8 months in at a state government position, doing auditing/consulting work for credit unions. I have always dreamed of having an MBA and figured now is a great time to start. I will be studying for the GMAT with Manhattan GMAT guides, Kaplan Premiere, and OG13. I am shooting for 670+ but have that magical 700 'in sights'. I'm hoping to learn multiple things from this forum and look forward to the journey with you all!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT Date: 06-26-2013
GRE 1: Q780 V650
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Hi All,

My name is Nilaksh Gupta and I am currently enrolled in a P.hD program (Cellular and Molecular medicine) at Cleveland clinic foundation, Cleveland, OH (United states). I will be graduating soon (fingers crossed) but I am at a crossroads, figuring out which way to go afterwards...... I shall leave the story part about why MBA and why now and come to the point, I took diagnostic CAT at Manhattan GMAT (free test) just to set a baseline, and [b]I got 540 (don't remember the exact split but was pretty bad at both). I am enrolled in Kaplan's online class room and my classes will start from may-2013 till June. I am aiming to take test somewhere in July. The real trouble is I am shooting for 700+ and like any other GMAT aspirant I am disappointed (destroyed would be a strong word). So, I am here seeking advise and frank opinions to bridge that GAP. ohhhh I more thing I took GRE 5 yrs back and I scored 1430/1600 (780 quant and 650 verbal)........ but I studied for 2 months full time now I can may b put 20-25 hrs/week, so lemme know if 700+ is achievable in 3 months with 20-25 hrs/week.

thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
G'day all,

Jeremy here. Just starting out on my GMAT journey, have been researching it for a while but have now decided to take the plunge and going for it.

Been working in roads/airfields construction around Australia for the last couple of years since graduating (engineering) and looking at applying for courses commencing 2014, taking the test in the next 4-6 months.

If you're keen for a study partner, PM me and we can organise it from there :-D

Anticipated,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
GMAT Date: 06-29-2013
WE:Engineering (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Greetings!

What an awesome forum! Just started prepping for the GMAT and so far this community seems great for support and guidance through this whole process! Anyways, I'm Nayana and I'm sort of at a crossroads in my career, so MBA is definitely an option that I am considering as a next step. I haven't decided if I'll be applying for Fall '14 or Fall '15 entry, but thought I'd at least get my GMAT out of the way this summer :-D Here's the scoop on moi:

Undergrad: Non-HYP Ivy, Class of 2009, BS Bioengineering, GPA less than stellar but I was 2 yrs younger than my class and had significant growing up to do...(read: I need to own the GMAT).
Work Experience: It will be 4 years at a Fortune 50 FMCG company this summer (5 or 6 yrs by possible MBA matriculation dates), 2 of those in manufacturing/operations management and 2 in R&D global product design (current role), blended role with a lot of cross-functional work with marketing teams.
Target GMAT Score: 720+. Took my first Manhattan Practice CAT as a diagnostic and got a 640 (43Q, 34V) with no prep, so hoping to improve my score about 100 points in 3 months of studying (I dream big dreams... For better or for worse)
Current Study Method: MGMAT self-study guides, Official Guide, and wonderful help of my husband who was Darden c/o 2011 and got a 780 (yea, talk about pressure..)
Potential Test Date: June 2013
Potential schools: I need to do some research, but interested in Duke, Darden, Kellogg, Georgetown, Wharton, MIT, Smith, UNC, etc

Hoping to be a decent contributor and looking forward to learning a lot from this forum!

-N
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone!

This forums is really great, I am very glad to come across it :D

I am 26 and going through a sort of quarter-life crisis worrying about my career, sometimes I think so hard that I always get pulled towards the whole existential crisis thing (I should stop reading philosophy :P)

But now I realized that I have to stop thinking and start acting, and working on my GMAT would be the fist step in the direction. I just gave my diagnostic test yesterday and I am looking for a solid 3 months preparation (If I am lucky enough that my work does not get too hectic). I am still in the process of reading various intro topics in this forum to create a study plan; really confused about so many study material options :|

About myself: I am working as a Senior Developer in a major software MNC. I absolutely love everything about computers, they are the only thing I understand and I am good with them :) So my primary purpose of MBA is to move in to Product Management and related fields in Software industry.

Looking forward to spending lots of time here !!
- Gnoob.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

Just a brief hello. I'm beginning my GMAT prep and was fortunate enough to find this board. It is a little overwhelming so I'm just taking my time looking at all of the great topics.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Consultant working in the UK here, looking for the next step in my career (which tentatively seems to be the US). Not sure if B-school is the right choice but having a really good GMAT score opens up more options than just b-school so taking on the challenge! Looking forward to interacting more with you guys!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: International Business, Economics
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Hello everyone,

My name is Courtney. I currently work in Colombia, South America. I'm originally from Louisville, Kentucky, went to college in D.C. and worked 1 year in corporate in Louisville before moving to South America to work as an international business consultant to the Governor of the Department of Choco. Will have 2 years in this position at matriculation. Internships with the Foreign Service in South Africa and Mozambique.
Undergrad: Howard University, BBA International Business, 3.83 GPA.
Work Experience: 1 year in Corporate at a Fortune 500 company working as Associate Manager of Sales Promotion on the executive marketing team for the #1 whiskey in the world. I have been working in Development--my true calling-for 1 year currently. At matriculation it will be 2 years.
Target GMAT Score: 700+. Im still deep into my study plan, but I plan to take the GMAT June 15th while Im in Kentucky visiting my parents. If Im not ready then I'll have to fly to a bigger city in Colombia to take it here, probably in July.
Potential Test Date: June 2013
Potential schools: So far: UPenn/Lauder, Boston U MBA/MA Economics Joint Degree, NYU, Columbia, John Hopkins SAIS joint degree MBA, still researching, maybe Stanford.

I'm really excited to start the application process in the fall and Im glad to be apart of GMATCLUB!
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.4
WE:Sales (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi all
Im the polar opposite of 99.9% of you all.

Im 47 originally from Australia and now live in the US

Im a stay at home dad looking after 2 small kids and doing my BSc degree online (SUNY)

Ive had 20+ years in the IT industry and own 2 patents (not in IT) but when the recession hit, no degree no job so with 2 small kids my choices were limited.

So why am I doing the MBA, well I have 2 years before my kids are of school age so I thought I may as well get an MBA and recoup the lost career earnings.

The biggest issue I face with the GMAT is its been just on 30 years since I did any math (stats etc during my BSc dont count) so my major concern is Im going to relearn math to have any chance of doing any good in my GMAT (I only need 550 for the school here in NY)

So any advice would be gladly welcomed on what math I need to relearn to get a good score

Thanks

Darren
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
Schools: ISB '14
GMAT Date: 07-20-2013
GPA: 3.9
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi All,

I a m swaroop from India, an electronics and communications engineer working in a top Indian IT company for the past 3 years. A Competent Leader award holder from Toastmasters International, I am currently pursuing MS plus PhD in Leadership Sciences and running a page on FB with the title "Leadership Junkie" Planning to take GMAT and get into a good school if possible with a good scholarship. Looking forward to learn a lot form this website.

Regards,
Swaroop
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and I know that forums are a great place to learn and interact with you, so that you people can share your experience with me. I have read many posts on this forum which are really useful so I decided to join this community.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi everyone! I've been on Gmat Club for a while now, but haven't really gotten involved in the community. So here goes my first post!

I'm a UVA 2013 grad, from the McIntire school of business. I'm taking the GMAT in a little less than a month, but I'm not planning to go back to get my MBA for another 2-3 years. I haven't really figured out what my target schools are yet, but I know I want to do something more creative after my MBA, so Stanford and Columbia are good bets. Target GMAT score: min 700!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
Send PM
Hello everyone,

I'm Thiru. I have a B.E. in Electrical Engineering, and presently working in a power plant equipment manufacturing company. I've been preparing for GMAT for four months now.

Initially I thought I was good at Verbal. But a few sectional practice tests have made me to realize that I'm not even to close to where I thought I were. So, I'm concentrating more on verbal section now and I've identified that I am weak in CR while I can manage some consistency in SC and RC.

Also, I'm very average at Quants. In the only full practice test (KaplanGMAT) I've taken so far, I scored only 58% in quant section and the overall score was 620. Not sure about Q&V score.

Presently, I'm studying everyday for about 1 hour and I'm planning to take GMAT in July 2013. I know I need to up my motivation level and preparation to achieve my target of 700+ score. And I'm not sure whether I'm on track towards achieving that.

That's it in a nutshell about me and my GMAT goals, and I hope to have a lot of fruitful interactions in this forum.

--
Cheers,
Thiru :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GoalStanford wrote:
I came to know this forum thru Google and in no time kind of got addicted to it. I see members posting questions, posting answers,explanations, overall helping one other acheiving their dream score.

I also felt knowing bit more (like background,goals) about the members whom I will be seeing everyday in the forum for next 2-3 months,would help communicate better,would help helping one another better.I am sure many members would agree with me and think the same.

So, why not start introducing ourselves?

Please post your background,schools you are hoping for ,your target score and how far you are from it.

I am hoping this forum would help me acheive my goals while I try help others acheive their goals.

Good Luck!!!

It's really hopeful for me. I am looking for online graduate courses and suddenly find this forum to discuss about anything like this. Please help me out anybody. I am getting some help from a online graduate courses already. But I need to discuss about it through this forum. If you guys have no problem with it.

Thanks

Originally posted by graduatecou1 on 08 Jun 2013, 22:30.
Last edited by graduatecou1 on 20 Jun 2013, 19:20, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  52   53   54   55   56   57   58  ...  66