GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Nov 2019, 02:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jun 2015, 10:48
Hi all!

I've been using GMATClub help for a while but now I've decided to register and start participating. I'm a Spanish engineer applying this year to an MBA. I'll take the GMAT in less tan a month and I need a 700+! :wink:

For those who are starting, I would recommend that you first do a practice test as soon as posible so you can get the feel about how it is and know your baseline. All the CATs available online are collected in a post, just google : All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2015, 03:31
Hello

Myself Tathagata Mukherjee from Kolkata, India.

I am new to gmatclub and this is my first post

I am an engineer passed out in 2005. After that, I did my MBA from NMIMS, Mumbai, passed out in 2008.

Worked in middle management as Area Sales Manager at Titan Industries and Bajaj Electricals for 5.7 years

Due to my father's treatment, I had to leave my job in Feb 2014 and since then I am out of work

I have started preparing for GMAT since last 2.5 months. Plan to sit for it during mid July

I have given around 3-4 mocks (Gmat Prep (2), LBS free CAT and Economist Free Mock) Scores are in the range of 650-680

Need guidance and advice regarding :

i> type of colleges I should target given my experience and gap
ii> how to go about it in these last 30 odd days
iii> how to improve my weakest sections : DS & SC

Please advice

Thanks
Tathagata (TG)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Jul 2015, 20:55
Hi, i am Aasha04. i have done a PGDBA(finance) through correspondence, i want to give GMAT may be in next year. i have not even started , though i have bought some books.
Please suggest me some good books.
Thank You.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B
Concentration: General Management, Economics
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V33
WE: Sales (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 06 Jul 2015, 01:26
Aasha04 wrote:
Hi, i am Aasha04. i have done a PGDBA(finance) through correspondence, i want to give GMAT may be in next year. i have not even started , though i have bought some books.
Please suggest me some good books.
Thank You.

Hi Aasha04!
You can read everything about books here best-gmat-books-latest-update-118706.html?fl=menu
As for me i use CR Bible and MGMAT Sc books. I find both useful. I don't know good book on Quant section but i use GMAT Club Math Book and OG.
WE: Human Resources (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2015, 13:41
Hello Everyone.

Hope you are doing good with your preparation like a warrior.

My name's Pattabhi. I am from IT with 5+ year experience in various roles like coder, support analyst and currently as HR executive. I want to switch my carrier to Management. I found MBA through GMAT is a great choice. I came across GMATClub while googling, and within no time I realized GMAT Club is the right platform to achieve my target. I found a lot of positive spirit among the club members.

I have good math skills, and I am working on polishing Verbal part.

I wish all my GMAT club members all the best in chasing their dreams. Keep motivated, keep conquering.

Cheers,
Pattabhi.
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Operations
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V35
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2015, 00:31
Hello all,

I am from the Netherlands, 23 years old. I have done a Bachelor of Business Administration at a university of applied sciences and am currently studying a lot for the GMAT in order to get a nice Master's degree. I need a score of 600 for the universities i'm looking to get into. I have been using gmatclub a lot, among other websites, and have been doing the daily questions for about 2 months now, which have helped me out tremendously in preparing for the test and 'staying sharp'. I am using Kaplan GMAT Premier 2015 which I found a good book to start out with, and am now going through a couple of ManhattanGMAT books which I hope to finish by the end of the month. I will then follow through with the OG. I hope to do the GMAT end of September or somewhere in October. So far I have reached CAT scores of 560 (Kaplan), 580 (MGMAT), 630 (MGMAT) & 640 (GMATPrep), chronologically. I hope to get my desired score of 600+ on the real thing.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Jul 2015, 00:04
Hi All

I'm Vaibhav, Engineer & MBA with 8+ years of work Ex. Planning to do an executive MBA and hence preparing for GMAT. Not a native English speaker and hence do struggle with English. Hoping to learn a lot from you guys and the forum.

Regards
Current Student
Schools: Rice PMBA"19 (A)
GMAT 1: 540 Q32 V31
GMAT 2: 620 Q39 V37
GPA: 3.23
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Aug 2015, 09:03
Hi all! My name is Liz.

I have a BBA in Marketing from a state school in Texas. I currently work for an automotive distributor here- an uncommon occupation for my region because of the heavy emphasis on oil and gas. I've moved up quickly within the organization in my three years here. As a result, it's become very easy to let the desire to get an MBA subside while I'm comfortable in my job at my age. I always wanted to pursue an MBA to experience learning through the shared experience of others and to network!

I'm targeting a 690 at the moment. My employer pulled out all the stops to have me stay and work while pursuing the degree. As a result, I'm wrestling with doing a part time program and taking the financial assistance and following my dream of going to a top tier school.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2015, 19:39
Hi, I'm L4S. Recently finished my degree in applied mathematics from a top state school. However, I've decided on a career change and am looking to get a Masters in Finance and work in the finance field. Hence I am studying for the GMAT, looking to take it in 2-3 months. Aiming for an 800. Hopefully this place won't distract me too much from my prep.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Sep 2015, 09:03
Hi,

I am Kuntal, and I hail from India. I have 4+ years of experience in the Software Industry. My GMAT score is 760 (Q49 V44) and TOEFL score is 118 (30 29 29 30). However my IR score is very low (3/8). Do you guys think it might be a problem getting into a good B-School? Also which all schools might I safely apply for?
Intern
Intern
Status: To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V29
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.76

Show Tags

New post 08 Sep 2015, 20:02
Hi everyone,
I am from the most common pool of applicants (Indian, male, IT, Engineer). I have taken my GMAT (scoring a 710), where the resources of this forum have been very useful. I am currently looking for colleges and trying to help students of this forum.

Cheers
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.47

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2015, 02:44
Hello folks,

i wanted to introduce myself.

I am from Austria and just finished my BA in banking and finance at the University of Applied Science Vienna.

Before I started to study I finished my apprenticeship as an electrician and worked on the construction side.
I began my apprenticeship with 15 and it took 4 years.
Besides my job I attended the evening school and passed the entrance exam "Berufsreifeprüfung" and began to study.

I am not a native speaker, so excuess my bad english skills....

Currently I started to learn for the GMAT, my goal is a score above 740 and my dream is to attend the HSG in Swizz.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 16 Dec 2015, 03:35
Hi everyone,

I'm Lazure, I have a background in law and have worked in a global company on B2B / B2C issues.
I'm will be applying to Wharton, Insead, LBS and still undecided between NYU and Berkeley. I'm looking for a general management program with a strong global reputation and network.

Regarding Gmat my main issue is quant since I haven't worked with numbers since high school ! I studied in English for two years so the verbal part is less of a challenge. I started my prep with Barron's book which I strongly advise people to avoid (many mistakes, unclear explanations). Then I stumbled upon Gmat Club on Google and after reading the books recommendations, I decided to purchase the MGMAT books.

I am aiming at a 700+ score which will be a challenge since my first MGMAT CAT score was 560.

I would like to warmly thank the founders, administrators and moderators of GMAT Club. Before joining I was lost regarding how to approach my Gmat prep and my MBA applications. This forum has provided with invaluable insight into the process, advices and motivation :).

I'm looking forward to exchange with you guys during the next months !

Originally posted by Lazure on 28 Sep 2015, 04:07.
Last edited by Lazure on 16 Dec 2015, 03:35, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
WE: Real Estate (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 12 Nov 2015, 15:31
Hi everyone, great forum, i have been reading you for a while before deciding to sign up and now post.
I am from France, I have a masters degree in finance ( french business school) and 3 years work experience in financial analysis, sell side.
I am currently working on my gmat and targeting a 700+, pretty much like everybody else and my dream school is Insead!
Glad to join you!

Originally posted by Icecream87 on 04 Oct 2015, 09:12.
Last edited by Icecream87 on 12 Nov 2015, 15:31, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2015, 17:36
Hey folks, this is vartak, I have been working in operations for a start up firm in North America (New York) for past 4 years. I want to pursue MBA with top 10 B schools in U.S. I am trying hard to find time and study. I am sure this forum is going to help me a lot. I have started reading already. Keeping myself motivated is the biggest challenge at this time. I will post my questions on this forum as I move forward.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V54
GPA: 3.53
WE: Social Work (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2015, 02:47
My name is Amrina. I am a Canadian woman but I live in India for now.

I started my career after high school as a model but owning to my lacking of interest, I decided to get out the moment my contract was over. Since then, I have gone on to study at Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. I graduated with a degree in Sociology and have worked with many Not-For-Profit groups over the years. I started out as a volunteer while at university but over the years have made my way to being a Community Resources Manager today. I have a bit more than five years of full-time professional experience and 9 years in total considering volunteering work and Intern experience.

I took the GMAT last year in February. I am quite satisfied with my result. In fact, I targeted a score of 650-700 but got 730. I have been unable to decide the right time to leave my job and take the plunge for MBA. I am in a comfortable spot with my work so it is quite difficult to quit the position I am in right now but I don't want to get too distant that by the time I put my mind to it, my GMAT score becomes obsolete. The only sore spot is I.R. I got 4/8 which is what I was expecting. I am not sure if I should re-take the test with the sole purpose of improving upon my I.R. score. That, the bitter experience of sitting on an uncomfortable chair in front of a computer for hours has damaged my motivation enough to re-take the test. Quite frankly, the moment I got my score, I brought the curtains down and so far I haven't looked back too much or even entertained the possibility of a re-test.
Stern Thread Master
B
GMAT 2: 660 Q37 V33
GPA: 3.13
WE: Operations (Commercial Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2015, 08:27
Hi, I joined the site early last year but this is the first time I'm posting everything. I've registered for the Gmat exam for 2nd december and aiming for the R2 deadlines in Jan'15
Current Student
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Goizueta '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 610 Q41 V32
GMAT 2: 620 Q45 V31
GMAT 3: 640 Q46 V32
GPA: 3.97

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2015, 12:11
Hello,
My name is Alessandro and I'm an italian working in retail in South America.
I came about this forum searching on google "How to get a 700", some topic related to that and now here I am.
I studied international science and diplomacy in Italy, and now I'm aiming to pass through the admission process! I have being studying for the GMAT for 6 months, with Kaplan test prep full optional. was scoring a 650 average on so I decided to take the real test, it was today by the way. But no, i'm not here to show what skills are needed to get a 700, since I have scored a 610, that I'm rather proud of! It is anyway somewhat far from my objective score, looks like i'll stick with you guys for a while! Thank you for keeping this forum adjourned it really has great contents, resources and features for all GMATters.
If any of you have any suggestions I'll take them all onboard,
thanks again!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B
Concentration: General Management, Economics
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V33
WE: Sales (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2015, 12:48
squid2soldier wrote:
I'm an military officer who graduated college back in 2006 with a 3.72 GPA, B.S. in IT. I'm scheduled to take the GMAT on 23 January and I'm in dire need of a good study guide and/or group - as it's been awhile since I've been in civilian academia. I live in the Raleigh, NC area - so if anyone is willing to help tutor, by all means, reach out and help! lol

I'm hoping to break the pivotal 700+ score mark on the GMAT - but I have yet to take a practice CAT to see where i'm at (I'm assuming I'm fairly low - given my long break from college). Again, if anyone has a preferred practice GMAT CAT that will best indicate an accurate level, please let me know.

Again, I appreciate any guidance or assistance anyone on here can provide. Thank you.

I would recommend you to take E-gmat verbal course especially if a non-native speaker. As for preferred practice CATs i recommend you GMAT Prep, this tool is free and you can buy two more CATs. I think that these CATs reflect exam properly!

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2015, 23:50
Hello! My name is Myron, a BA in Finance graduate. I am working here in Phoenix and I plan on taking GMAT some time next year. I landed 650 when I took the exam before so I need to work harder to get at least 50 more points. My target school is Columbia. Kudos to Praetorian and Bob for doing a wonderful job with the site.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here   [#permalink] 17 Nov 2015, 23:50

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66    Next  [ 1318 posts ] 

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep