It is currently 20 Feb 2018, 01:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2016, 07:43
Hi all,

I am a researcher at Ohio University was told about how awesome this community was by a few of my MBA friends. It truly is amazing how helpful everyone is. I am conducting a study that overlaps with many of the goals everyone has. That being, I am conducting a study looking at study habits and it provides free prep material for the GMAT. I figured this would be a good place to post it. I can give back to the community and also be greatly helped in the process (i.e., getting more participants). bb posted a thread in the "general GMAT Questions and Strategies" forum called "Study about Study Habits- Free Materials." If anyone is interested in helping the science on studying/self-regulated learning progress while also potentially increasing there math ability check it out!!

Also, since we are posting goals. My current research goal is to find more efficient ways for individuals to study/ for organizations to provide more efficient training.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
WE: Marketing (Education)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2016, 06:09
Hi there!
Been using the forum very frequently looking for strategies, tips, and explanations on many questions. Felt like it was about time to post something!
I'm Raul, 28yrs, from Brazil, applying for R1.
Thanks for you all for all wonderful resources you have put together! Thank you so much! It has been an incredible help in both increading my score and easing my mind.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2016, 02:54
Hi Guys,
Not too late I guess..
I am Aeshvarya Jain, an Engineering graduate , working currently for Accenture.
Have my test date in Test date in next 10 days , very tensed as not scoring good on my mock. My aim is to score 600+.
Looking forward for some help..
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2016, 00:17
Hi everyone! This is Ankita here. I am a Senior Analyst with 3 years of experience. I also have my own start up. I recently gave a Kaplan practice test and scored 610 and I am aiming above 700. I am planning to take the GMAT test on 5th October. I don't have any guidance as such and no experience or strategy how to move forward. It will be really great if anyone can share a detailed 2 month study plan which I can follow on a daily basis. I will be highly grateful!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V28
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Aug 2016, 00:23
Hi everyone,

This is Nischal from Mumbai, India. I have already given my GMAT last year and got a 620 (Q47,V28). I am planning to retake the test around November end this year. One of my mistakes from the previous experience was that I was not active on GMAT club and dont want to repeat the same this time hence giving it a start. A little bit about my background, I am an engineer in IT but have 3 years of work experience in sales and marketing as that is what excited me more. I am aiming for a 700+ score and targeting the top 35 business schools.

As a re taker right now I have just started with analyzing my ESR carefully and focus more on my weak areas while also keeping pace with my strengths. If any re-takers here could recommend me anything I would really appreciate it.

Ankita,

I just read your post and I can give you a few suggestions. Figure out your weakness and also have a target score individually for Quant and Verbal. Focus on your weakness but don't let go of your strength. If verbal is your weakness you could try E-GMAT, they have a really good and extensive verbal course which could help you a lot .
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 17 Aug 2016, 00:05
Hi, all,

Nice to have a platform seeing people who are on the same page as me. Agus here from Indonesia, staying in Singapore, I am working as a tutor and I am about one and a half month into my preparation for the GMAT. Has been struggling for quite a bit in my preparation, especially with verbal section. Hope to get as much insight as possible from like-minded people here. :)
Manager
Manager
S
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 26 Aug 2016, 05:54
hello
i gave gmat in the month of april this year scored a 600 only(v28,q49) ,very low compared to my mocks ranging from 630 at start to 720 at the end. i have already vested in lot of amounts in magoosh and egmat buti m still not confident for a retake
every new coaching i join teaches the same concept ,but when it comes to 700 level questions i really struggle a lot and not to say timing is my greatest issue in sc sometimes i can spot in just 60 seconds where as my average pace is of 2mins 30 seconds
i struggle in rc a lot , my accuracy in individual section is around 80 percent while in a mixed bag its just around 65 to 70 percent ,
please help with some tips to improve :a coaching material woudnt be an option i guess

thanks
regards
oishik
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 590 Q33 V39
GMAT 2: 640 Q42 V35
GPA: 3.54
WE: Corporate Finance (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2016, 18:38
This post received
KUDOS
Hey everyone,

I joined this forum and will post to hold myself accountable. Also, this forum was a big inspiration for me trying the exam again. I read several stories of folks studying for years taking the exam 5+ times.

Dec 2014 - 590 - V39 - Q33 - AWA 5 - IR 7
--Used Kaplan + Magoosh, was scoring low 6XX on Kaplan and on the official exam pack one received 620 and 670, was really disappointed with my actual score.

Jul 2015 - 570 - Did worse in verbal
--Thought that fundamental math was where I needed to work, used Khan Academy heavily to focus on non-GMAT math, timing felt off on test day, also used Manhattan books.

I'm now doing a last "hoorah" with the exam and will take it 3 times within each 16 day period coming up in Oct/Nov 2016. My plan is to use Magoosh again, but also go through questions with GMAT Quantum. Basically, just drill problems, track errors and study those concepts thoroughly. My target is 670.

Target Schools are Top EU MBA programs (US/EU dual citizen), mainly Cambridge, IESE, IMD. Fallback options include the online program at IE or skipping an MBA altogether and transferring internationally at my company (F100 FP&A currently).

This forum is a great resource! Good luck to all!
Director
Director
G
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
Schools: HBS '19
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 4
WE: Education (Education)

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2017, 04:59
Hello Folks,

I am Anaira,

Just came across this link hence introducing myself.

Thanks & Regards,
Anaira Mitch

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2017, 22:01
I share insights to increase your scores. Visit http://prakashology.com/#other-6-initiatives. GMAT training is absolutely free here. Happy Scoring :)

'Prakashology - 7 initiatives for people and planet
Admitted at the best university in the world
Free GMAT coaching
www.prakashology.com
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here   [#permalink] 18 Feb 2017, 22:01

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   [ 1350 posts ] 

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR FEBRUARY
Math Revolution - $69/mo Type Coupon Code: HOTDEAL2
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL - $75 off all packages Valentine's special. Valid until Feb. 15
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap