Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 08:19 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 08:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink]
Hi all
Got to know of this forum recently from another MBA forum for ISB, India. My profile: Software Engineer working with one of the top 3 IT firms in India for the last 3 yrs,currently in US for an assignment.
I plan to take my GMAT sometime in June & plan to apply for the 2006 session. I think my Verbal & Quant are pretty much ok. Only CR needs a little bit brushing up.. Scored a 650 on a Kaplan diagnostic test conducted recently. Would surely love to get opinions from the incumbents how to crack GMAT comprehensively. Am targetting 700+ scores..

Ciao :)
Wannabe Mba
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all
Got to know of this forum recently from another MBA forum for ISB, India. My profile: Software Engineer working with one of the top 3 IT firms in India for the last 3 yrs,currently in US for an assignment.
I plan to take my GMAT sometime in June & plan to apply for the 2006 session. I think my Verbal & Quant are pretty much ok. Only CR needs a little bit brushing up.. Scored a 650 on a Kaplan diagnostic test conducted recently. Would surely love to get opinions from the incumbents how to crack GMAT comprehensively. Am targetting 700+ scores..

Ciao :)
Wannabe Mba
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Hello all,

I found this site by sheer coincidence while I was looking for input about the GMAT. I am pursuing the MBA track, as an alternative to a second undergrad degree, to become a CPA. With this in mind, my school of choice is not top tier, which is just what I want. My undergrad and M.A. are in foreign languages and literatures. I have taken the GMAT once before, back in the day when it was a paper test. Result: I bombed it miserably. My GMAT goal today is the same as it was years ago: a 560 or better. I know that, to most, that is a cakewalk, but it would make me the happiest person in the world. The problem with this test is the time factor. I am a marathon runner, not a sprinter, and the clock puts me right out of my element. For the past month, I have been using the ETS guide. I am looking into buying an LSAT book for additional verbal practice (do any of the CEOs in here know of a good one?). I am saving the Kaplan guide until after my first attempt; since I may take a Kaplan class, I am afraid I would study the guide before the prep course. Last but not least, I will not forget to tap into some of the practice tests in this great site! I have until August 10 to get my score, so wish me luck!

Good luck to all, :gl
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Hi!
I'm Steve, a Brit living in Paris and also currently suffering from GMAT addiction...been working for 7 years in the tourism field, and looking to apply either to IE, ESADE (Spain) or Schulich in Canada.

Gave the test a go today, and it proved that my 6 weeks of study just wasn't enough, as my maths was atrocious! What really surprised me was a verbal score of 31 when I felt I'd been doing well....

Glad I did it though, as I've taken away a lot of pointers for the next round - in a month's time.

Key one: GET YOUR TIMING RIGHT, DUMBO! :roll:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all,

I'm arun. I am a business analyst with one of the leading electronics retailers in dubai. I took the GMAT in October and scored a 640 :( . Plannin to give it again in a couple months and will be applying to bschools for 2006 intake.

arun
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello everyone. I found my way to this forum because I absolutely bombed my first GMAT attempt, and I need to look to others for support and some help.

When I say I bombed the test, I don't mean that I was shooting for 750 and I got 650. I'm telling you all that I BOMBED on the exam. Absolutely too embarassing to even post my score. What's most frustrating is that to make myself feel better after the exam, I took 3 IQ tests and scored over 135 in all three. That means that I'm certainly not a genius, but it does mean that I shouldn't have gotten the score I did on the GMAT.

What I learned is that I'm overanalyzing EVERY question on the test. I think I've figured out how to solve that problem and improve on the verbal, but now I need to focus on the Data Sufficiency questions. It seems that I take a very long time to answer these questions. I continue to study the Princeton Review, Kaplan, and OG books, but I'm still not getting there. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to improve on these questions? What am I doing wrong???

I'm also interested in anyone who has dramatically improved his/her score from the first attempt. How did you do it?? I'd love to be motivated by you.

Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone,
I found this webiste way too late, but I am so grateful for all that you guys do! My name is Dientje and I am (believe it or not) an English teacher at the middle school and college level. I too the GMAt on April 21st and, well, math being my nemisis, I bombed it--560. My Verbal was great (obviously) but I REALLY flunked the math. After that episode, I took the GMAX online classes (they were a God send) and I am taking the test again tomorrow. Because of my undergrad GPA all I need is a 700 to get a full scholarship. I have decided to have confidence in my ability and truly believe that I can do it (and I have prayed continually:). If any body needs verbal advice anytime, holla at me. Keep working hard guys and thanks for all your encouragements!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Hi,

I am from PAKISTAN and have been working with a multinational FMCG company for over three years now. I plan to apply for 2006 intake and would be taking my GMAT in next 15 days.

I have'nt prepared a lot but I am confident about my ability in quantitatives - I can easily score 750 if the entire test is quantitative. I still need to work a lot on my verbal skills specially sentence correction. I am really really bad at sentence correction.

Any last minute tips on how can I improve my sentence correction ability.

Thanks,
Kamran
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey Kamran,
I am sure you will do great. SC is a little like problem solving in math; once you know the basic principles, you can build. What particular problem in SC do you have? Do you know the top five problems you encounter on SC? If you do not know as yet, you can go to:

https://www.princetonreview.com/mba/test ... CTICE-TEST

Do the free online GMAT test and after it gives a great breakdown of the specific places you did poorly in. Its very helpful. Once you know what areas you need to work on, I'll send you some tips for specific kind of problems.

Dientje
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Send PM
Hi,

My name is AJ. I'm a manager in the IT industry with 5 years experience and plan to apply for MBA in fall 2006. I'll be taking the GMAT at the end of July. Looks like SC and RC are my biggest areas in need of improvement.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

This forum is great !

I am French, 28, hold a master in International business from a French business school. 3 years of experience as International sales rep and now as International sales manager.

I aim to get 600 at least, plan to get the exam in sept. Need to focus on the math section, my biggest fear.

I plan to enroll a top MBA in Beijing (China) and work in a top consulting firm there.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi All, found this forum when doing some preliminary research on GMAT on Google. My name is Andrew and I'm from Austin, TX. I've been in the tech industry since graduation, I spent my last 4 years in the semiconductor industry doing ASIC simulation and verification, it's pretty much just pure software with detail exposure into the hardware.

My education background is in computer engineering, I got a BS and MS in ECE from Carnegie Mellon, managed to do both degrees in 4 years (which isn't uncommon actually).

I'm just contemplating with the idea of B-School, for those interested I keep a blog and I've recently been working through a series of inquries to figure out what it is that I should really be doing, I don't exactly enjoy my work anymore...

Well, that's that, nice meeting you all, and I look forward learning from my fellow forum members.

--Andrew
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everybody,
I'm an Indian aiming for 700+in GMAT.Last month I took GMAT
but could mop up only 510(41Q,19V),after175hrs of preparation.I feel utterly depressed.I've just found this forum & overwhelmed by its content; Can anybody guide me in following fields,
1)I'm a full time worker.I can spend max 20 hrs in 7 days . From today onwards when should I schedule my 2nd attempt?(I'm now eyeing for GMAT only,regardless of admission itinerary).
2)Should I take it by 2005,otherwise ACT may change the test pattern FOLLOWED BY ETS
3) I've got these materials
KAPLAN2005 +CD
PR2005+CD
KAP800
PR VERBAL(JUST PURCHSED)
PROF DAVE BOOK+CD
OG(LAST TIME I GOT THIS 5 DAYS PRIOR TO MY TEST)
IS PAUL AROUND.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone,

I'm female, 33 and deciding late in the game that yeah, I do want my MBA after all... For years I thought "I didnt need it" because I had a good job in high-tech, good pay, etc etc, so why go back to school.

The difference is most of my career was in marketing and now its in strategy... after 3 years in strategy, I could definitely review business principles and applications... and look forward to class/case study discussions.

Currently based in Europe but all previous schooling was in the US.

Sadly did awful on GMAT...
a) first attempt: tried to get every problem correct and studied that way, versus studying how to take a timed test. I KNOW that my first 12-13 questions on the math were perfect... but then I got to the hard ones too fast (normally in practice tests the real hard ones are the last questions you do)... so I ended up taking too much time in the middle, and rush cannot explain the speed I had to do the last 10 questions.

b) second attempt: the second and third questions on both math and verbal, for whatever reason, gave me pause... and uncertainty... and if you screw up in the beginning, you lose your chance at a good score.

So, I am at 590 now aiming for 700.

Any of you that have confidence building tips...please share. I'm nervous about doing the third attempt and have found that I do not have the desire to study as I did before...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hello, everyone,
In your letters to this forum, it seems that some of you are taking the test multiple times without a change in either test-taking strategy or study patterns. You should know that all of your last 3 scores are seen by the colleges and universities to which you apply.
Take the GMAT only once more if you are dissatisfied with your score, but wait until you are thoroughly ready before you take it.
One of the students on this forum mentioned that she had taken the GMAX Online course, and that it was a "Godsend" for her. Most of our students have the same reaction. We allow you to study properly for the test, teaching content that is constantly tested, and making you aware of the pitfalls within each question, so that you know how to avoid the traps set within the answer choices. This course is dedicated to teaching you so much, that you even understand the points that you are being tested on when you see a question.
If you have any questions about the GMAX Online course, or would like some personal advice about studying for the test, you can contact me at info@gmaxonline.com.
Leanna,
Director, GMAX
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi every one i took the GMAT on 26 july 2005
i got below 550 and i was very disappointed
but later in the day i recieved a call from ETS that there was some technical problem with the test
can anyone tell me more about it
what will happen now??
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am a 28 year old male, originally from Azerbaijan, but have been living the US since 1994. I hold BS in Finance from Oklahoma State University, and my GPA is 3.97. I have 5 years of oil and gas experience including BP AMOCO and IBM Consulting, but would like to switch my career to a career in venture capital. I'm targeting HBS. My first GMAT attempt - a disappointing 650 (Q49; V29)- is 90 points below what I expected and what I target. I will retake the test next month. I will cover my prep and GMAT experience soon in the appropriate sections of this forum.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  66