Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:42 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: AICPA, CAL Society CPA
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Management
Schools:Kellogg 1Y, Duke 2Y
GMAT 2: 660
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: AICPA, CAL Society CPA
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Management
Schools:Kellogg 1Y, Duke 2Y
GMAT 2: 660
Send PM
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink]
furiousferret wrote:
Hello,

My name is Chris and I am a 34 year old male working in the IT industry for 8 years. After dealing with a company who has promoted more relatives than people with degrees, I've decided to get my MBA not only to advance my career, but enable options. I also feel that part of the reason is to sate my ego and set an example for my family.

I do plan on going to UCLA, USC, or Berkeley as my top choices.

I am currently planning the GMAT sometime in April. I want to really get all the substance and content in addition to a plethora of practice tests. My biggest hurdle in achieving this is maintaing the passion to study over such a long period of time, in addition to the psychological effects during the test.

I do feel it is very intimidating that on this site it appears that I'm against some of the brightest not only in the United States, but the world. It's also very exciting as well. I'm also shooting for the 7's just like everyone else.

I do have a question for the moderators though, it seems like there are so many 90%+ percentile scores here; do the influx of such high scores raise the standard where soon a 730 will be 90%+?

Haas and Anderson are awesome top 20. USC Marshall, not so awesome. Also, in state tuition for the Haas and Anderson if youre a california resident. SC is way more.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

I am Asif and even though I came across gmat club when I initially started preperation for GMAT, I didnt consider it to be of much worth. But now realizing that time is less and my scores cant improve. I am resorting to learning from everyone elses valuable experience. I hope this forum can be as much help to me as I will be to the forum.

I plan to go to Canadian universities like McGill, UFT or HEC.
I have been working in the IT industry for rougly 3 years now and most recently with IBM for the last two.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi everyone,

I am a 28 year old male working in Germany for a REPE firm. This site was recommended to me by a friend who scored 750 on the GMAT and since I plan taking it this autumn it seems logic I stick around here and help/get helped when needed.
Date of admission: Perhaps autumn 2008 but most likely autumn 2009
Target school: Harvard

But for now, I will put all my energy and focus on the GMAT to see how realistic my chances are.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello, My name is Nalin and I from India. I dragged through my graduation to earn a degree in Mechanical Engineering and landed up with a job with an IT major, where I have been for last 20 months. Am looking for an MBA to make a career switch into Media Management.

Though I gave GMAT some 15 months back and scored a terrible low of 530, I consider myself as a novice when it comes to GMAT preps..

Looking for scoring better, through your assistance.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello all!

My name is Tony from Canada. I was dissatisfied with my previous employment so I started a part-time consulting company to subsidize my income. With the free time, I started to apply to B-schools.

I have been studying for two weeks straight now (everyday) and have honed my quantitative skills well Q 46, but my verbal is horrible V 23 (GMAT Prep - 580). Knowing that I have reached my peak for Q (I only make careless mistakes when I rush), I need to master V to get a score in the range of 650 to 700.

Please help and offer any suggestions! Oh yeah, I want to write the test in a weeks time, but I have everyday to study. I have read Kaplan, Princeton, McGraw, Barron, and even grammar books.The worest section for me in the verbal test is the Sentence correction. I know the grammar, but I am not able to apply it correctly because I get confused. English is not my first language but it is my strongest.

Thank you,

Tc
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everybody (Dr. Nick voice, ala the Simpsons)...

My name is Ambar, and I'm currently a personal trainer. However, I used to be a collegiate/professional strength & conditioning coach. I left a job with an NFL team b/c of the environment, and have since been able to think about my next move.

I found a program in Emory which fits me perfectly, but I don't have much biz experience as I was a religious studies major in college. However, since my graduation (2002), I've pursued 2 MS degrees in the field of Exercise Physiology.

I want to earn my DPT b/c I believe that is the direction in which my field of expertise is heading...and I want to be in the forefront when it gets there. I also want to earn an MBA b/c I want to start and expand my own PT/athletic improvement clinics across the nation, and I believe that a sound business and financial education can help me achieve that goal.

I'm glad there is a blog for this type of group, as I was starting to feel a little alone. I hope I can help you all as much as I know you will help me.

thanks again!
Ambar P.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Hey everyone. I'm 24 right now. Completed undergrad in 2004 (BS in Business Administration, minor in Economics). Almost been working full-time for 3 years now.

I'm looking to take the GMATs sometime in August so I have about 4.5 months to prepare. I should be getting my study books (OG, Cracking GMAT) from Amazon tomorrow. This weekend begins my long journey to the GMATs :) I currently work full-time in sales for a fortune 50 company.

Looking to apply locally so I'm targeting University of Washington, Seattle Pacific University and Seattle University. I may consider also applying at UCLA and USC though paying out-of-state tuition isn't too appealing.

UW is my first choice. I'm looking at doing the full-time MBA. I would be applying for 2008 admission.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi ,
I am padmaja ,appearing for gmat on may 4
can any body help me how to study and prepare for gmat in 1 month effectively
please help me out,i am a house wife and having a lot fo confussion
please guide me .i will apreciate if anyone help me out
bye
padmaja
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
padmaja wrote:
hi ,
I am padmaja ,appearing for gmat on may 4
can any body help me how to study and prepare for gmat in 1 month effectively
please help me out,i am a house wife and having a lot fo confussion
please guide me .i will apreciate if anyone help me out
bye
padmaja

Just browse through share ur gmat experience thread. You will lot of usefult threads
Search for threads from aug06 to jan07 thats the time majority of members have given their gmat..and lot of them have shared their experience giving some good tips.

HTH
Yogesh
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 94 [0]
Send PM
Hi All!

I am a 25 yr old female currently working as a brand marketing manager at a Fortune 50 CPG company. I graduated in 2003 with a BS in business from NYU Stern and have been working in brand marketing ever since.

My target GMAT score is 700 (I just need to break it!) and the three schools I plan to apply this fall are HBS, Wharton, and Tuck.

My interest right now is in management consulting and I plan to one day open my own innovation strategy consulting company aka "Think Tank".

Good luck everyone!!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all,

I found this club through Google almost a year ago, and have been browsing it ever since, but just thought of introducing myself to you all :)

Following is my profile:

30 year old, Indian Male, IT Project Manager with an MNC currently living in India.

Bachelors of Engineering in India, then MS at Univ Florida (hence the gator in my nick). Went on to work for 4 years in the US, then for a year in India and more recently for a couple of years in Aussie Land...Now, planning to move to Dubai :)

Registered to take GMAT on the 5th of this month, and current GMAT score on both Prep and Princeton Online is 650. Hoping to cross 700...

Oh, and btw, this is a wonderful club and I have lots more to say, which I will in the next few weeks...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ciao.

My name is Tiziano and I am a prospective MBA student. Right now I'm studying hard to get a better GMAT score (I already took it once and had a mere 620 :evil: !) Anyway, I have a BA degree and I work for one of the major Italian companies.

I think this site is great and is really useful to exchange information about GMAT and b-schools.

Good luck to all of you.

Tiziano
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 187 [0]
Send PM
Hello people i am javed and my target score is 750+ well i am an engineer currently working in my own company since more than 2 years.

Javed

Cheers!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Send PM
Hello friends - My name is Gaylon I'm from Austin, Texas. I'm 25, got my BBA from UT at Austin - McComb's School of Business. After graduation went into the Peace Corps and was stationed in South Africa. After PC found a job with a joint-venture between a Private Equity group in the US and a large Chinese firm here in Shanghai. I speak Chinese and will be in China for at least another year or two, but do have aspirations to get an MBA from a top school back in the US. Compared to my practice scores, I bombed my first GMAT attempt yesterday (610 - Q42, V31) :x . I'm aiming for 730+ so I clearly have some work to do.

If any of you happen to be in Shanghai please let me know if you'd like a study partner.

Cheers for now
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, My name is Jae. I took the GMAT in December after 8 weeks of studying and I walked away with an abyssmal 650. Now I'm hoping to step it up and score in the 720 range
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Hi! I am a new member here to GC and want to take a few moments to introduce myself. I'm a business analyst from the sunny state of FL and I've been studying and preparing for the GMAT for awhile, but now it's crunch time! I have a BS in Business Mngt and would really like to get anything over 700. I have been secretly concerned that 700+ is unreasonable for me, but after purusing this site for the past day or two I am feeling more encouraged! I now realize that any score is attainable by anyone with the right amount of preparation. I believe I'm up for the challenge! You'll be seeing more of me over the next couple of months as I make my final preparations and participate more in the discussions and challenges.

By the way, I've checked the schedule for the challenges and there are none currently scheduled. Are they going to start up any time soon?

Thanks for the encouragement and the help! I'm really happy to be here!

Bluebird
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 301 [0]
Send PM
Hi guys

I am Suresh, a double graduate in Chemistry and Rubber Technology from India. Currently working as Production Engineer in a Rubber Factory. I have been working for last 5 years.

I am looking for a GMAT score of 710+ and planning to take the test in May 1st or 2nd week.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19  ...  66