Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:52 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q51  V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 148
Schools:Baruch / Zicklin
 V3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Send PM
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink]
Hi all!
I just discovered this part of the forum, so thought I'd go ahead and introduce myself as well.

Before I do, though, I've got to say what a great help this forum is for me. I've been using alot of different study guides, but just getting on here and solving problems, or seeing how others have approached the problems, has been a great help. I'm not strong in math, so the tips, tricks and shortcuts are wonderful. Just learned a new one today on mixtures problems that will save alot of time.

I've been out of school for many years. My B.S. is in horticulture, and I'm working as a department manager for a large wholesale nursery company which has several locations nationwide. I've raised a family and now it's my time. I want to get an MBA and see how far it will take me. I intend to stay with the company I work for - their tuition reimbursement is allowing me to do this. My goal is to become a general manager for one of the sites, maybe eventually a VP.

My target score keeps going up as I prepare and do better on the practice tests. My latest practice test was a 730 - a couple months ago I would have been happy with a 600! This forum has had alot to do with helping me hone my skills. I'm taking the test on 8/18/07 - 2 weeks from Saturday. I don't need a great score - I'm not going to a top-flight school (limited by location and the fact that I'm going to keep working). But I've always pushed myself to the limit and I want a great score just to show myself that I can do it.

I have a feeling I'll stay on this forum even after I take the test. It's stimulating to be in the (virtual) presence of so many intelligent, motivated people!

Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
It is a pleasure being a part of this Group and I really feel the worm feeling among the members. My name is Ali and im from Saudi Arabia,
Taking the GMAT is something that is almost impossible for a person who is from this part of the world. Yet, this club kept my candle burning and my attitude very well positive.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Greetings everyone!

I'm Paul and I'm fresh out of college. I just finished my BBA this year and I majored in Management Information Systems and Management. I'm planning to take my GMAT soon, at the end of September. Sounds really soon eh?
Well, due to my state of mental depression these past few weeks, er well... maybe a couple of months or so (a long story maybe I'll tell you when you ask me) I decided to pursue another academic road.
Frankly speaking, I need all the help I need, my target score would be in the median 700 range, upper 700 if I'm lucky.
Please feel free to message me any advise or tips on how to ace the GMAT.
Hope to hear from you guys soon!!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
 Q51  V39
Send PM
Hi all !!

I'm 23-yr-old male, from Asian region.

I just got bachelor degree in accounting about 2 months ago from university in Asia, with GPA of 3.8.

Work experience, currently have none, but about to start working with one of Big4 accounting firms in 2 months.

GMAT: currently have score of 750 (V39 Q51) AWA 5.0

Target, plan to do MBA with concentration in Accounting in top 10 schools in 3-4 years from now

nice to know you all
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi All,

I'm 30-yr-old male, from South Asian region.

Education: BS in Electronics and Telecom. and MS in Telecomm, with 3.6 GPA.

Work experience: 5 yr+, in Telecomm field

GMAT, Ist attempt: 530 (V29 Q32)

No matter what it takes, I have to realize my dream of 700 plus. God help me!
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V40
Send PM
Here's the deal, yo:

Male, 25

Experience:
-2 years @ a dotcom
-2 years in telecom

Education:
-Univ. of Colorado - Anthropology, Political Science
-Georgia State University - Biz courses at night for two years, including accounting, stats, economics

GMAT: 700
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hey everyone,

I am new to the site and must say that I absolutely love it! I am currently studying for the exam using the GMAX Online system. So far (app 1/2 way thru it) it is amazing and I feel incredibly prepared to sit for the exam later this year. If anyone has completed the GMAX system, it'd be great if I could shoot you a couple of questions about it. Also, if anyone has any questions for me please let me know! :-)

About me:

24 y/o Male
Ideal Score: 710+
Analyst - Merrill Lynch
Undergrad: Emory University '05 (BBA - Finance)

Use for this site: Help w/difficult math problems as well as SC.

Thanks everyone! I look forward to contributing.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hey there..
manas here.. a commerce grad and then an MBA from a top ranked Indian b-school..
have been working in middle mgmt for teh last 5 years in retail assets.. recently switched to senior mgmt with a telecom startup..
planning to give my GMAT around Jan.. trgt score of 750 (yeah, rite!)..

MBA essentially to get a career switch to consulting.. hence targetting schools like Kellogs, Darden, Duke, Insead.. thought Harvard is my dream school.. (thanks Mr. Erich Segal)..

came across the site through one of the serial MBA bloggers.. looking to learn and contribute if i can out here...

best of luck all..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
Hi everyone! Like Robin in NC, although I've been on these boards for a while, it just occurred to me to come here and post my stats!

Basic Stats:
    29 yrs. old
    female
    married (no kids yet)
    2.63 undergrad GPA (so low only because I had Hodgkins Disease during my Junior year, and was working 30 hrs. a week supporting myself while having to go to school full-time because of my parent's insurance)
    620 (35Q 40V) GMAT
    Conditionally accepted into the Fisher College of Business PT MBA at OSU (they want me to take a business math class first since my undergrad was pretty light on quant.)

I reside in Columbus, Ohio and got my undgrad degree at The Ohio State University (sorry, we are conditioned to emphasize the "The" from the first day of freshman orientation!). I started out as a Food Science major, but switched and eventually received a BS in Human Ecology with a major in Human Development and Family Science, Middle Childhood Education option, specializing in Reading/Language Arts and Social Studies. I know, longest major title ever! Basically, it prepared me to go to graduate school to get certified to teach grades 4-9.

However, I've been working for lobbyists for the past 7 years. I've worked at two different non-profit lobbying organizations. A couple of years ago, I decided that since my undergrad degree is pretty much useless on its own, and I'll have to go to graduate school anyways, my work background and new interests fall more in line with an MBA. I want to focus on marketing and my long-term goal is to get into brand management.

As far as extra-curriculars go, I'm currently president of a statewide women in government networking organization, and have been chairs and co-chairs of different events for several organizations. I was also pretty active in my undergrad, having worked on 3 student body president campaigns and on the policy committee for the undergrad student government.

So, that's me in a nutshell!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Dear friend, let me introduce myself.

I am Yeshwant, working in Singapore since 8 years, in the field of Infomration technlogy as a senior s/w engineer. I did my engineering in Electronics and Telecommunication from Amravati University, India.

I have overall 10 years of working experience.

I am using OG 11, Mahanttan Guides for GMAT prep. My aim to get minimum 700. I have not yet taken any CAT. My test is on 4th Dec.

Wish me luck :-))))

see u around,
Yash
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 155 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Management, Finance
Schools:Chicago Booth 2011
 Q50  V47
Send PM
Hello,
I'm a 28 year old Indian (U.S. Citizen) who has lived in the USA for the past 20 years. I have a BSEE and currently doing my Master's in EE part-time while working in hardware design for a telecom firm. I have 5.5 years of WE, will have 6.5 when I apply next year.
I have taken a practice GMATPrep test and scored 700 (Q: 46, V: 40) but my target score is 750. I have signed up for MGMAT to help me reach that score.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello MBA-aspirants,

My name is Anand, and I am a Software Engineer working in NJ, I have my Bachelors from India, and Masters from US both in Computer Science.

My Target Score is 700 & above, and target schools are NYU Stern & Columbia.

I am planning to give my GMAT in the next 45-60 days, I have started preparing with MGMAT first, and then plan to give 1 /2 tests a week on the weekends for the next 30days, and then give only test in the last 15-30 days.

Let me know if this is a good strategy.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello everyone,

I've been forum lurking for the past 2 months, but only now decided that I should join the club and get some insight from those around me.

I hold a bachelors of Civil Engineering from Ryerson Uni (Canada), with a Professional Engineering designation, and have been working in the Building Industry for the past 4 years.

My target score is 700+, but more realistically, i'd be happy with a 650+.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Guys,

I am Deepa,Currently a Graduate student in the US and my major is Biology. Believe it or not..... I need to take up GMAT in January (2008). I need to switch my majors totally to accounting and for that I need take this exam. I registerd for GMAT test today and I really dont know how to get started. While trying to search for help in Google I found this GMAT club.

So please suggest me....
how long should I prepare in this short duration?
What kind of books I need to use?
For a person like me who has not done any math for years ....what should I do?
(Still do u think I can make it :lol: )

I personally feel that I can make it ......

Just let me know your thoughts soon.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Send PM
Hi Friends,

This is Leopard. I did my UG in India. After that, I am now at Dallas with Citi Bank as a IT Analyst. I have around 5 years of experience. My main aim (or aspiration) in life is to fight hard and enjoy each moment at the same time. My formula to success is "Never say Die"

I am watching this site for almost 4 years now. Though this is my first post. :) Reason, I will be taking GMAT only during Feb 2008. Till now never thought seriously about it. I want to get into a good B Shool with a good GMAT score. I hope that I will score 750 in GMAT.I scored 600 in my Kaplan practice tests.

I love management and consulting and aspire to become a good leader. I am good in Quants, puzzles, teasers and logical thinking and want to become good in verbal. I have started my research now.

I wish all the best to you guys. Lets prepare and train ourself to become excellent Managers.

Lets Rock Folks....................... :-D

Miles to go before I sleep
Miles to go before I sleep
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am Kavitha from India presently located in Kansas/US...work as a software eng in bankind domain from previous 3+ yrs......planning to take up my GMAT early next year so that i could pursue my dream .....

As of now i am yet to kick start my preparations for the same.....juggling on where to start ...how to start.....ny pointers ..help....advise are most welcome......

People like me who have just started preparations may be we could make a pack and keep updating each other about r progress that way we could keep rselves motivated n going...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey everyone!

I am an electrical/electronics engineer working for a diversified industrial manufacturing company in NC. I have been planning to take the GMAT for the past year (believe it or not!) and currently have it scheduled for the 9th of February.

I have a MS in electrical engineering from an ABET recognized institution and have been working in the embedded control systems, with applications tailored to serve the Power Industry, for the past 5 years.

Hopefully this time around I will take the GMAT as scheduled:)...Good luck to everyone else who is taking this exam.

And hats off to the admin team for creating a valuable source of information like these forums. Three cheers!!!!

Cheers!
Chandsa
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  66