Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:58 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72887 [0]
Given Kudos: 18868
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Schools:Cambridge (R2-Matriculating), Nyenrode (Accepted), Oxford (R2-Interview invite)
 Q46  V41
WE 1: Army officer (Corps of Engineers)
WE 2: Air Quality Control Engineer
WE 3: Water Resources Engineer
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Technology, Digital Media
 Q49  V42
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink]
Hi,
My name is Farukh Awais. I have bachelors in Electrical Engineering. I have 7 years of experience in telecom industry. My areas of expertise is Radio Access Network Optimization. I am planning to (IA) give GMAT by december 2010. This site is the number one website to interact, exchange views and ideas about GMAT. Coming from an engineering background, math doesn't trouble me much but the issue is that GMAT feeds on test takers' carelessness. So I am working hard to be as good at PS and DS as possible without making a careless mistake.
I still have a long way to go on verbal part. I am preparing steadily and the idea is to prepare a plan and stick to it. Start by reading the strategy books. MGMAT books are amazing resources. And later on make a point to do at-least 3 RCs, 3 SCs and 3 CRs a day.

Let us keep in touch.

Regards
Farukh
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello Faruk! Welcome - great to have you on board.
If you don't mind me asking, where are you located? Which continent or country?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi all,

I am Karen and I am currently work in New York for a non profit org. I have a BS in Biomedical Sciences from Univ of Miami & I plan to do my MBA here in New York. I hope to go to NYU and am looking to get a score of 700 plus. My test date is Oct 2nd.

Hope to learn something from you all as well as help others through this great forum to see all of us do great on the GMAT.

Good luck to everyone!

Cheers,
K.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hey everyone!

My name is Dave and I think this site is fantastic. A very good friend told me about it and I'm glad he did.

As far as my situation, I think its a little unique and I'll be sure to post about it in the relevant forms when I get a chance in the next few days.

Basically, I'm starting law school in the fall and my school offers a JD-MBA program. I got in last year and was able to defer. During that period I came back home (I had been working in NYC for the 2yrs since graduating in 2007) and worked for my family's real estate business (it was suffering due to the economy and I felt like I could be a big help -- it's been an amazing experience). Now, while I still want to study law and work for a law firm right out of school, my mid and long-range plans have changed a little bit. I've seen how a small entrepreneurial enterprise operates and I love it. I'd like to work in bankruptcy/restructuring with a focus on the real estate field. Eventually, I'd like to open up my own investment firm and I think having an MBA would be huge.

So that's the basic outline, I'm going to take the GMAT soon and start the app process too. If there's anyone out there who's sorta in my same position or was, I'd love to get some advice. Otherwise, I'll post any questions I have.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Send PM
Hi guys,

My name is Adam. I have a bachelor of commerce degree majoring in marketing from UCD, Ireland. I began working with a hedge fund financial services firm (seemed like the thing to do in 2007!) and finished with that company last month after becoming a chartered AI analyst. Looking at several US schools for the 2011 intake. Aiming for the magic 700 mark. Definitely want to pursue MC. I can't wait to get properly stuck into this forum!
Princeton Review Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Hello everyone!

I am Anthony Russomanno, National Director of Educational Partnerships at The Princeton Review. I will be browsing the forums to see if I can help any of you on your journey to b school. If you have any questions, please feel free to shoot me an email at anthonyr@review.com or give me a call at 949.863.6017.

Nice meeting you!
Anthony
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I feel I might introduce my self here.
My name is Kate, I'm a novice here, somebody explained that i could possibly come across some very good information here therefore...
basically that's why I'm here, as well as for worthwhile guidance i would obtain as well... wish to have a very good time here
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Hi my name is Soofia from Texas!!! I'm going to take my GMAT in August...and I have been studying for a few months...but still don't feel ready. I'm hoping this forum will help build my confidence. I really think I will never be ready for the GMAT, but perhaps I just have to take more practice tests. Aiming for 700 but first test I took I only scored 560...yikes.

My background is journalism and I want to take the GMAT to change my career and hopfully start up my own business and pursue a career in HR. Considering getting a JD to understand employment law thoroughly. Not sure if i'll go through with this if the LSAT is as scary as the GMAT for me.

Wish me luck!
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: U.S. Navy
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance
GMAT 1: 600 Q41 V32
GPA: 3.33
WE:Underwriter (Health Care)
Send PM
Hello everyone,

I'm currently in the U.S. Navy, stationed in the D.C. area. I have an undergaduate degree in business management from a small school in Illinois (3.3gpa). I considered a Master's in Healthcare Administration for a long time, but finally decided to go with an MBA because of the variety of opportunities it offers. I would like to go to UMaryland (Smith's) or Georgetown (McDonough). Since I still have around 3 years left on my enlistment, I picked those schools because they are in the area and they offer part time/evening programs. I'd like to go to Georgetown because it's ranked higher than Maryland, but it also takes another year to complete. I'm planning on taking my GMAT in the next few months. I'm just working on getting my fundamentals together before I really dive head in on studying. I am shooting for 700+ on the GMAT. What kind of study time have people put in that did score above 700 I wonder?

This website is very insightful and I look forward to interacting with other members on this site.

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello everyone,

I have a BA in Education and a MA in Information/learning Technology. I've been teaching, training, and coaching all levels for 15 years. My wife thinks im crazy, but I plan on taking the GMAT so that I can become a GMAT instructor/tutor. I'm currently working my way through MGMAT's strategy guides.

Thanks for having me!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hiya everybody. This is actually my initial posting here and so I just wished to introduce myself and say hi.
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3594 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
hi...welcome to the Gmat Club...:)

Stay active and keep posting?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Accounting; MIS
Schools:Rutgers University
Send PM
I have my AS in Accounting and I am currently enrolled at Rutgers University for my BS in Accounting and MIS. I am working in a value equity firm as an accounting assistant while in school, and hope to join the BS/MBA program at Rutgers. My target score is the mid 700's and I plan to take the test at the end of Decemeber giving me about 4 months to study for it.
GRE Forum Moderator
Affiliations: PMP certified, IT professional
Own Kudos [?]: 190 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: MS -IS
Schools:CMU, Kelley
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Hi,

I am Resh.I am a bachelors in Computer Engineering and was working in Software industry in mid-level management roles for 7 yrs.

I am interested in applying for MBA or MS-IS in Kelley College of Business for Fall 2011. I already gave my GRE and TOEFL and scored 1310 and 110 in these exams.

Have prepared my 3 months GMAT plan taking inputs from the GMAT study plans suggested in gmatclub. Planning to start studying from Jul 19th and give exam by Oct last week.

I have got the needed books and all set to start GMAT preparation from Monday, Jul 19th :)
GRE Forum Moderator
Affiliations: PMP certified, IT professional
Own Kudos [?]: 190 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: MS -IS
Schools:CMU, Kelley
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Just to add on, my target score is 680 or above.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Good luck Resh!

Great job with TOEFL and good luck on the GMAT!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Howdy People,
I'm a new fellow member on this discussion board. Just wanted to say hi! :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  23   24   25   26   27   28   29  ...  66