Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:39 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 105
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.08
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 118 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Send PM
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink]
Hi all. I might be one of those few who wants to do a second mba. I have close to two years of banking experience in India. Prior to this I did my mba in finance from a top 10 school in India. I am an engineer by qualification. Plan to take the Gmat late this year or early next year. My Target is to get into one year accelerated mba programs like imd and insead. Will have to wait for a while till I have some more workrex under the belt. All the best to everyone.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello readers,

Also discovered this website via Google a couple days ago. Very impressed so far.
29yo male, Economics BSc (US) and MSc (China). I'm about to post background details in the "Ask Accepted" section of the forum so not going to dwell on that here.

I intend to matriculate in Aug/Sep 2013 and just registered to take the GMAT in a month's time, very excited about that.

My goal is to obtain a perfect score of 800, simple as that. With regard to target schools, I will narrow the choice down once my final score is known.

I wish you all the best!! (notwithstanding the implied mutual exclusiveness of such a wish's realization ;) )
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hello, I found the website online. I am planning to take the GMAT in 3 months before the new version comes out (Jun 5th). Any motivation is always welcome. :)

Good luck in your study!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT Date: 04-11-2012
Send PM
Hi, I'm about to start FT in IB in NYC this May and want to take the GMAT before then. I was not a good test-taker in the past but I'm willing to work hard and smart to get a 700+ on the test. I'm looking forwards to sharing the experience with everyone.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello all,

My goal is to get a score between 600 and 650 (a score close to 650 would be better:)
I do not think I have sufficient time to study to score above 700.

I got 510 in my first exam. My husband and I took it the same day. We drove to another city to take the exam, stayed at a hotel that was right by the highway so could not get enough sleep at all... Not even need to say what kind of mood we were in both before and during the exam.
I took it again almost one year later. But I did not study whole year because I had many things to handle (moving to another country, working...etc). I had chance to study last two months though and said to myself ' I learned many things that I had not known before taking the GMAT for the first time so that I would be okay during the exam'. Along with my preparation, I have read many strategies of those who have already taken the GMAT. All strategies are valuable, no doubt, but not all is applicable to every types of students. For example, people say do your best in first 15-20 questions and spend more time on them relatively to get a good score. It is a good advice. However, it is not for those-which one of those is me- who are slow in answering questions.

Based on my study, I know that I am okay with questions in level 600 and above. So, what was the problem that caused me to get a REALLY bad score (even worse than the first time) for the second time I took it? It was beyond a shock to me. As soon as I saw the score I felt my face got red and said that's it, today is the end of my dream of a PhD in management. How can a person who plans to get a PhD get such low score? How could I explain it to admission committee? Would they underestimate me and my commitment? This score will be in my record sheet even though I get a good score next time.... many such questions and thoughts crossed my mind in extremely short period of time.

This was my problem: I was too slow and had many unsolved questions left as I got closer to end of the exam. So I had to guess many questions in both verbal and quantitative sections. I answered more difficult questions in second one than in first one, but my score dropped dramatically. If I have to describe my ultimate score with only a word, it would be embarrassing!

I need to be faster and faster and faster... Yesterday, my friend told me that he scored 580 and 690 with a month apart (without putting any extra effort). This exam is that interesting!

Wish you all the best.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Other
GPA: 3.26
Kudos
Hello Everybody,

Been visiting this site occasionally for the past month or so and decided to take the plunge today and become a contributor. I"m 25 and work full time for the State of Michigan as a Secretary of State (DMV) Branch Manager. I will be taking the GMAT Labor Weekend. Looking to score the highest i possibly can. If I had to pick a target i would say 800 (why not reach for the sky right?) If I had to pick a realistic score i would say im shooting for 720 to 720 range. Attended Undergrad at a CAL State, graduated with a degree in Africana Studies and a 3.26 GPA. Looking forward to learning the GMAT in and out and meeting everyone in the forum.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72874 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Wow, that's a long ways away - you are 6 months out.
That's good but also make sure you don't stretch it out too much in terms of your prep. You need to watch for burn out and for ability to retain and carry that knowledge you amassed to the exam day. Refresh/Review frequently and perfect your skills.

Good Luck!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Hi. I'm 28 with a B.S. in comp sci and have been working for about 6-7 years now. I've been contemplating B-school for a while now and now that my company pays for a portion of schooling, I have no excuse not to try. I usually never post on forums, passively reading them, but the success stories written by gmatclub members encourage people to be active in these forums. I'm hoping to get into one of the part-time programs at UCLA, USC, Loyola, or UCI, which means I MUST have a strong gmat score. My target score is 700+ and I know I will need all the help I can get to achieve this score. I've taken a practice test and I scored a low 580 (Q40,V31) on it, leaving me very far from my target.

I look forward to working with everyone on here.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
Send PM
Greetings. I'm 28 with a BS in Industrial Engineering from Georgia Tech. I've been in the workforce for a Fortune 50 company for a little over 4 years now. I've always been good at school (mostly math) but I have always HATED school. Because of this, I never planned on getting another degree.

I make pretty good money at my job but I have a burning desire to graduate from a "worker" and enter management. For this to happen for me, I'd have to get the right job or do a very stressful team leader job for 3 years and hope to get into management.

This is what is fueling my newfound desire to enter business school. My company pays for it part-time with schools in the area, but I think I want to go full time. ESPECIALLY if I can get a full ride.

At this point, I have no idea what particular school I want to go to or what I want to specialize in. Nor do I have an application timeline. My goal is to get over a 700 and assess my options from there.

I look forward to getting to know the members on this forum. Right now I'm just reading FAQ's and debriefs. It's all so much to take in.

I took a Kaplan CAT a month ago and got a 580. I know i can score a lot higher because I literally had no idea what I was getting into when taking the test. Thanks for reading this long winded introduction. LOL
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello
My name is Crystal I'm 28, graduated from NCCU with a Bach in Business Marketing in 2005, I've been working up until the beginning of this year. I couldn't really find anything that made me happy I had a internship at the local paper here in Raleigh NC in Display advertising. I believe I have a passion for consulting within small businesses. I believe they are the way of the world, at some point i think the economy will get back to that. I have only had 2 jobs since college one working for BCBSNC as a CS rep and then another working for a local med mal firm in operations. Neither made me happy at all...I felt all my potential sink. Now Im craming to take the GMAT before the application deadline of April 18 for NCSTATE. Another for Meredith is sometime in June so if I need to retake it I will. Maybe its me but I haven't found it to be all that difficult when I actually take the time to understand each section. I suck at math so I think that would be the most difficult. Any suggestions and advice would be great. I'm currently working on my essays now. I really would love to go to NCSU my other choices are Duke and UNC but there deadlines had passed before I actually had the time to get everything put together.

Thank you!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V41
Send PM
Hi

M.S. Engineering from Tier 1 US school
myself 31 Operations manager at top MNC.
8 yrs work exp. in manufacturing and entrepreneurship ( owned consulting company for 4 yrs)
got 640 in 2nd attempt and wait listed and got dinged at booth.... retaking GMAT in May 2012
Planning to apply at Kellogg and Booth for Fall 2012 part-time program
As my background is engineering Quant is my strong area and Verbal need improvement.
target score is 700+
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Schools: Manchester Business School (MBS) - Class of 2012
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Consulting)
Send PM
Hey,

This a repost of another topic of mine as I couldn't see an intro section...

I am going to be studying on the Global MBA Program at Manchester University in the UK from July 2012 so thought I would start with preparation on networking and research etc. I'm 25 and currently employed by Hewlett-Packard in a project management role

I hope to speak with someone of you in the future
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi,

I am 28 with an MBA in Marketing and Sales from One of the top B schools in India. Prior to that i did my BE in Electronics and Communications.

I am presently employed with Pepsico India in a territory manager position.
I am considering July-2013 as a date to join a MBA class of INSEAD or LBS by that time i will have a 5 yr WE post MBA.

I am one of the founding members of an NGO in my city and also participate in social service activities in my free time. I am also a member for fund raising committee for an old age home.

I have no international experience whatsoever but my desire is to work in the field of International strategy and management after graduating from INSEAD.

I am targeting a 700+ score in my GMAT.
Will INSEAD consider my profile?

I am presently starting with brushing my skills up for quants and verbal and planning to give GMAT 4 months from now.

I have heard great things about the club from my friends and i am looking forward to work with everyone in this forum.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi ... I did my B.tech in Information and Communication Technology in India. Have been working in Microsoft for the 5+ years since graduation. Gave my GMAT in 2009 once but performed well below by expectation of 720+ (scored a 650). I was doing well before the exam on my prep tests(averaged 720) but didn't work out on the exam day. Giving my GMAT again this year in june before the new IR section is introduced. Planning to bump my score to 700+ this time around.My major pain points are SC and RC in that order. Charted down a plan using the GMAT Club plans .... and all i need now is to sit down and sweat it out. so wish me luck :-D !!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 25
GMAT Date: 07-25-2012
Send PM
Hi to everyone,

I am new here and I registered because I need to pass the GMAT with above 650 in 2 months time. The reason I need the GMAT is that I was accepted for a PhD program at Erasmus University Rotterdam. However, the start of the program is contingent on me passing this test.

In short, I have two months to prepare while also finishing my Research Master courses and working part time. I am not sure which strategy for studying to follow but I am sure this club/forum will help me :)

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Laura
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi all...

I might be one of the old timers here... especially when my graduation date (1993) isn't listed in the profile. :)

I'm 42 living in the north Atlanta suburbs (Cumming) with my family. I am considering taking the GMAT & getting an MBA because I feel that it help my career. Not so much for my current job (Accounting Manager) or the next one... but the one after that.

I also have an active CPA license, so I am wondering if going for the MBA makes any sense.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Hi All,

23 yr old with a BA in Economics and Psychology from Ivy League undergrad (not HPY), average to below average GPA and a 4 year varsity athlete.

Been working for about 1 year for a data analytics consulting firm whose clients are primarily fortune 100 companies.

Planning on applying to and getting into a top tier business school to enroll Fall 2013 or Fall 2014.

Looking forward to prepping for the GMAT in the coming months.

Originally posted by JohnGalt44 on 02 Apr 2012, 19:09.
Last edited by JohnGalt44 on 13 Feb 2013, 17:13, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  44   45   46   47   48   49   50  ...  66